HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Centreville :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Little Rocky Run?
Posted by: new ()
Date: February 19, 2009 12:23AM

We're moving into Fairfax and are very interested in the single family houses in Little Rocky Run community. Can anybody tell us about that neighborhood? Schools? People? Etc?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Little Rocky Run?
Posted by: Ed ()
Date: February 19, 2009 08:06AM

community is nice, my girlfriend lives over there. Cars get broken into from time to time

Posted by: m4ilm4n ()
Date: February 19, 2009 09:30PM

Is it still referred to as Little Rocky Russia? Back in the day, that place had a rep for the most draconian HOA - as in a fine for having pink plastic flamingos in the flower bed or the wrong shade of paint on the door.

Posted by: cvhsmom ()
Date: February 24, 2009 10:16PM

it is a majority Korean community

Posted by: Up2Late ()
Date: March 09, 2009 02:27AM

The town home end of the neighborhood is decent. Nothing any other neighborhood in Fairfax County wouldn't have (i.e. little punk kids out past bed time trying to be "cool"). There are gang members, but no gang activity in the neighborhood that's reported anyway. FCPD patrols through there daily. Your best "trouble" spots info can be found through Sully Distric Station's crime reports. LRR isn't bad by any means though. Most of that end of Centreville is okay. I'd personally steer clear of the Meadows and anything on the west side of that shopping center...just a personal opinion

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: March 10, 2009 11:39AM

cvhsmom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> it is a majority Korean community

Shouldn't it be called "Rittle Rocky Run?"

Posted by: poiu ()
Date: April 18, 2009 04:19PM

Don't forget a couple years ago someone ditched a new born baby back on one of the wooded running trails off Old Braddock Rd. This is really uncommon though. I was shocked when I saw this on the news!

Posted by: pickle ()
Date: August 01, 2009 08:38PM

I had a girlfriend who lived in there. Very nice houses, lots of kids and other families. And I lol'ed so hard at the ditched a new born

Posted by: D ()
Date: April 12, 2010 03:03AM

I lived in LRR from 1988 (I was 2 years old) until I moved to Arlington last June, and just wanted to speak to some of the comments so far.

- There was a point in time where cars would have change (and not much else, if anything) stolen, clearly more of a boredom/activity thing than malice. Hasn't happened for a few years as far as I've heard.

- It is NOT a majority Korean community - it may be changing, like the Centreville area as a whole, but it has a long way to go before it is a majority. CVHS may not be majority white anymore, but LRR still is by a longshot.

- The "newborn in the woods" incident occurred in the townhomes, not the single-family section mentioned by the OP. Fairly large difference, income-wise, and it's also right near apartments/rentals.

- The HOA is relatively specific about what you can and cannot do, but it isn't all that crazy. What is the point of an HOA if they allow pink lawn flamingos, anyway?

Posted by: joycieandal ()
Date: May 23, 2010 06:13PM

I lived there for many years before retiring to NC. Great neighborhood, friendly neighbors, observant HOA, nice pools and ammenities. My kids grew up riding their bikes around the neighborhood with many friends. My husband and I have maintained many friendships that were born of our days in LRR. Very nice, well built houses, no real problems to speak of. Also very competitive and strong schools in the neighborhood. My family of 6 can't say enough about our years in Little Rocky Run.

Posted by: whocares ()
Date: May 26, 2010 01:42PM

I lived here for 21 years. I had some very racist neighbors. Won't drop any names though. Also do an arrest search. You'll find some crazy s***!

Posted by: Randy703 ()
Date: June 08, 2010 08:03PM

Little Rocky Run homes and town homes are completely different. The homes have much less crime and are very nice. The HOA is a bit harsh but not to crazy. Also, Asians are moving everywhere in Centreville, but I haven't seen much of an increase of them in LRR.

Posted by: Good neighborhood ()
Date: June 27, 2010 06:48PM

I don't know what these idiots are talking abot btu compared to some of these neighborhood near LRR that are all illigal alians and Asian crap, LRR is awesome. Great HOA, 3 pools, elementary, middle and high schools are less than 3 min away. Prob one of the richest and nicest neighborhoods in this area.

Posted by: wakkwakka ()
Date: July 15, 2010 01:51AM

the hoa is fucking crazy in little rocky run. we changed our porch light once and two days later they left a notice saying they would fine us if it didn't change back.
they have tons of crazy shit rules too.
the area is nice, but there are other places where the hoa isn't up your ass about everything and are just as nice.

when i used to live there, my neighbor was stabbed and killed in his driveway.

Posted by: lrrfan ()
Date: July 24, 2010 10:50AM

I used to live there and the hoa was probably my favorite part of lrr. It kept our property values up by keeping after the neighbors no one else had the nerve to confront. Because of hoa there are no houses with cars up on blocks, no crazy overgrown lawns, and no weird looking, unsafe decks and porches that you see in other areas. There was a neighbor who painted their shutters and garage a weird bright purple they were asked to repaint. Some might think of that as nazi tactics but i liked that someone was looking out for the overall appearance of the neighborhood and my property values. And it has worked. LRR property values have maintained/increased and the neighborhood (at least 25 years old) looks great. It's very well maintained, the ammenities are good, the common grounds are wll taken care of, and the houses look great. When I sold a few years ago I sold for more than double what I paid for my house.

Posted by: Yo Yo Yo ()
Date: August 23, 2010 08:26AM

F LRR...those moms in there act like they are the shit that killed Elvis.

Posted by: annnnd..... ()
Date: June 07, 2011 01:54PM

Saw a LRR mom showing her true "I'm entitled" ass this morning at UMES. On school property, making an illegal U-turn in the middle of the parking lot cuz she is to lazy to do it the right way. Way to set an example bitch!

Posted by: Townhouser ()
Date: June 07, 2011 04:51PM

The townhome end is "ok". Not great. Kinda noisy. Cheaply built townhomes from 2001. Overpriced right now. The townhomes on my street are selling for 440k. They are NOT worth that much, but if you are korean and want to live in a "nicer" part of Centreville, I suppose you will pay that ludicrous price. I find the Korean population to be at least half of the neighborhood. No real problems as of yet.

Rent if you have to live around C-ville. DON'T be stupid and buy. These townhomes are going to start crumbling ina few years. I thank God I'm only renting. The sealant around all the windows is busted, wood fences and decks already rotting, whole place shakes if you slam a door, bugs always find their way in, and huge ceiling cracks. For a place built only 10 years ago...don't even bother buying.

Posted by: Let Me See.... ()
Date: June 19, 2011 05:13PM

cvhsmom Wrote:
> it is a majority Korean community

I just looked at a kids year book that goes to Union Mill....it is far from Korean ya blind ass bitch. Go to the school web site and look at the demographis...something like 75% white.

Posted by: yagirll ()
Date: June 20, 2011 04:41PM

well theres a couple of rocky runs...which one? the one near liberty or the one near burger king?

Posted by: guyfrom5guys ()
Date: June 24, 2011 12:01AM

I live in Little Rocky Run, you should come over

Posted by: yagirll ()
Date: June 24, 2011 10:59AM

guyfrom5guys Wrote:
> I live in Little Rocky Run, you should come over

well i dont...so fuck u

Date: July 06, 2011 09:46PM

you still grounded?

Posted by: iandrunross ()
Date: July 06, 2011 11:50PM

one warning only none of yall know shit about little rocky run snitches steer clear

Date: July 23, 2011 11:31PM

hey yagirll can i get a handjob?

Posted by: DK ()
Date: August 27, 2013 05:23PM

HOA is really insane

Posted by: realLK ()
Date: March 11, 2014 11:40PM

Little Rocky Run is South Side.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.