HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Centreville :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
New Section 8 housing in Centreville?
Posted by: CJ ()
Date: January 13, 2009 09:25PM

What's with the sudden influx of low-lifes around Stone Road in Centreville? Is there even more section 8 housing moving into the neighborhood?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Section 8 housing in Centreville?
Posted by: SE ()
Date: January 15, 2009 12:23AM

I think London Towne has always been sec 8???

Posted by: CVille Resident ()
Date: January 16, 2009 12:04AM

Anything south of 28 off 29 is garbage. CVille has changed a lot and you need to stay ont he north end near Fair Lakes/Stringfellow to avoid the BS.

Posted by: Stone Road Guy ()
Date: January 22, 2009 10:24AM

The apartment complex across from Sunoco (west side of 29) is a tax credit property (low-income). Actually, I think there are two complexes side by side - both are rent restricted. When units aren't getting filled, management tends to relax their standards and will take anyone. Also, A lot of rental townhouses in that area are vacant and those owners are taking anyone who'll pay rent.

Posted by: boredom ()
Date: May 25, 2009 08:41PM

CVille Resident Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anything south of 28 off 29 is garbage. CVille
> has changed a lot and you need to stay ont he
> north end near Fair Lakes/Stringfellow to avoid
> the BS.

Except for Sully 1, Sully 2, Virginia Run, the country club, the houses past the country club, the houses behind Giant off Stone Road which aren't part of Sully 1 or 2.

Posted by: Julia ()
Date: January 10, 2011 11:53AM

I particularly critisize this statement!!! Just because it is section 8 housing doen't mean everyone that applys or lives there are "low-lifes" some people struggle and didn't have life handed to them on a silver platter.
I am 21 years old and trying to make it on my own through work, schooling, and a child on the way. With no help, and no family, only cetain options are open to me. I find it VERY disrespectful that you say something like that. Understandably there are some people that milk the government and and shouldn't be accepted into certain areas. But people like me want a solid living environment for my child and somewhere i know they would be safe. So please, next time you have a statement to make, think of everyone involved and not just the standerd stereotype, THANKS

Posted by: no clue ()
Date: January 10, 2011 05:50PM

Why do you have a child on the way?

That is a serious question - your lot is MUCH worse because of this.

Posted by: Abe Lincoln ()
Date: January 12, 2011 01:55AM

Poverty is a product of free trade. From William McKinley, our last great republican president:

"Then they say 'everything would be so cheap,' if we only had free trade. Well, everything would be cheap and everybody would be cheap. I do not prize the word 'cheap.' It is not a word of hope; it is not a word of comfort; it is not a word of cheer; it is not a word of inspiration! It is the badge of poverty; it is the signal of distress; and there is not a man in the audience, not a white-haired man, who, if he will let his memory go back, will not recall, then when things were the cheapest, men were the poorest.... Cheap? Why, cheap merchandise means cheap men, and cheap men mean a cheap country; and that is not the kind of Government our fathers founded, and it is not the kind their sons mean to maintain. If you want cheap things, go where you can get them.... We want labor to be well paid."

We should have listened. Free trade brought us poverty, and poverty gives us crime. What are you going to do about it? It's time for a new FDR.

Posted by: Yo Yo Yo ()
Date: January 21, 2011 07:25PM

Julia Wrote:
> I particularly critisize this statement!!! Just
> because it is section 8 housing doen't mean
> everyone that applys or lives there are
> "low-lifes" some people struggle and didn't have
> life handed to them on a silver platter.
> I am 21 years old and trying to make it on my own
> through work, schooling, and a child on the way.
> With no help, and no family, only cetain options
> are open to me. I find it VERY disrespectful that
> you say something like that. Understandably there
> are some people that milk the government and and
> shouldn't be accepted into certain areas. But
> people like me want a solid living environment for
> my child and somewhere i know they would be safe.
> So please, next time you have a statement to make,
> think of everyone involved and not just the
> standerd stereotype, THANKS

Really...if you are struggling with only you to support and no help why are you going to exasperate your situation by bring a child into the picture. Maybe you are right that everbody there are not low-lifes but damn, definitely not the brightest bulb in the pack.

Posted by: newgatedenizen ()
Date: January 22, 2011 12:11PM

... why are you going to exasperate exacerbate your situation...

Posted by: Yo Yo Yo ()
Date: January 23, 2011 05:40AM

newgatedenizen Wrote:
> ... why are you going to exasperate exacerbate
> your situation...

Thanks for caring but....

ex·as·per·ate   /v. –verb (used with object)
1. to irritate or provoke to a high degree; annoy extremely: He was exasperated by the senseless delays.
2. Archaic . to increase the intensity or violence of (disease, pain, feelings, etc.).

Posted by: C-VillePride ()
Date: January 23, 2011 06:08PM

You're probably thinking about London Town. There was another complex over by the library call The Knolles that was demolished a couple of years ago it was so bad. The police had their own substation there. Since then the majority of the residents moved into The Meadows which is right next door or they moved to London Town. I know in the Meadows they've had problems with overcrowding in the condos.

I agree that not EVERYONE that lives in these neighborhoods aren't all trashy or bad people. I went to school with a lot of kids that lived there. My family and I lived in The Meadows for a while while I was finishing up HS. There were some other really nice families that we've known for a long time and then there were people like the guy a couple houses down from us who was busted for having a large stash of guns and drugs in his home.

Posted by: Shaun ()
Date: December 11, 2012 10:31AM

I don't know if there is Section 8 housing, but I can definitely tell you that the community has gone to the **itter. I bought in 2007 and I regret it everyday. I cannot wait to move.

Posted by: Typical whore ()
Date: February 22, 2013 11:35AM

Julia

Why are all of young openminded, tolerant, liberal Obama voting whores so self righteous and sanctemonious ?

I know that you and the 60million geniuses that voted for Pres Django are smarter than the rest of us racists, but you werent smart enough to not get pregnant.
Why didnt you have an abortion? You voted for the aboriton pres.......but let me guess, you were voting for everyone elses right to kill their baby. You would never do such a thing.

You and your little bastard will be on wellfare forever. Its the best you can hope for.

Posted by: Coolface ()
Date: February 27, 2013 11:41PM

Your trolling is bad, and you should feel bad.

Posted by: unknown ()
Date: May 25, 2013 05:53PM

Forest Glen is the new Section 8 housing unit. It's off of Sequoia and Woodmere Drive. Most of the Section 8'ers are living there.

The property has significant deferred maintenance and the management staff are equivalent to a slum landlord. They don't care about their tenants.

Homeless use the laundry facilities and sleep in the storage bins. Lots of drugs in there as well.

If you want a real scary experience, go there to live.

Posted by: waldenthreenet ()
Date: May 26, 2013 02:39PM

New Section 8 housing in Centreville? Posted by: CJ ()
Date: January 13, 2009 09:25PM

Previous Most Recent Comment:

Forest Glen is the new Section 8 housing unit. It's off of Sequoia and Woodmere Drive. Most of the Section 8'ers are living there.

Conversation: I like to know what is meant here by "Secion 8 Housing" as such. There has been enormous modifications and options that are offfered via the old HUD Section 8 definition. Now there is private public partnerships, where non-profits become owner opertors of housing for seniors and other so called "low income" people.

Forest Glen is billed in the presss as a "senior housing" looks like, that is low income senior housing ?

ANyone can add knowledge and experience about such housing.

Topic 02: Key issue I see is continued loss of greenspace in Fairfax county as urbanization increase so that in another few years, there will be more greenspace left here.

It's already, only place to go for a walk is to buy something you don't need just to get out of the house and drive to Fair Oaks Mall or another nearby enclosed mall such as at Tysons Corner__ Yea, when I get to be 80 year old, I will be forced to leave Fairfax County because of this declinging greenspace and no place to go for a walk other than at the Mall to buy something you don't need.

Yea, I love the mall, but not everyday !

Cafe Twin

About Me

Innovative Modular Housing Construction For Urban Poor In Mixed Income Neighbors_Favorites
http://www.squidoo.com/innovative-modular-housing-construction-for-urban-poor-in-mixed-income-neighbhorhoods-my-favorite
Attachments:
MODULAR AFFORDABLE HOUSING COMMUNITY MODELS 0301.jpg

Posted by: Ok.... ()
Date: June 06, 2013 10:20PM

If you can't feed em, don't breed em! Dumbass.

Posted by: O_o ()
Date: June 15, 2013 04:51PM

Most of these posts are just plain stupid and ignorant. I am a single mother, full-time nursing student, a part-time phlebotomist and I have a housing voucher. I am in no way a low life or trashy! I just need a little help until I can fully support my family. We live in a townhouse that we respect and keep clean. All of these negative stereotypes about voucher holders are just rude and uncalled for.

Posted by: James ()
Date: July 01, 2013 02:39AM

SE Wrote:
> I think London Towne has always been sec 8???

Not all of London Towne, just sections of it, right off Stone Road.

Posted by: svennestle ()
Date: August 17, 2013 10:13PM

near stone road? bulova or that congressman who shoed her in build huge nice condos, full family size, for foreigners with green cards she's politically involved with. like $13,000,000 worth.

they are full family sized condos and the residents, i bet, have political ties and likely work for the county - could likely afford to pay and maybe do pay something (from the nice gov paychecks).

section 8 my butt. they are helping themselves to another spoon full of gov stolen funds while others live in tents.

they are facists.

Posted by: Hey now ()
Date: September 16, 2013 07:12PM

What happened to the McDonald's on stone road? It's total thug city. I would not walk into that place.

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: September 17, 2013 12:16PM

O_o Wrote:
> Most of these posts are just plain stupid and
> ignorant. I am a single mother, full-time nursing
> student, a part-time phlebotomist and I have a
> housing voucher. I am in no way a low life or
> trashy! I just need a little help until I can
> fully support my family. We live in a townhouse
> that we respect and keep clean. All of these
> negative stereotypes about voucher holders are
> just rude and uncalled for.

A good example of the sense of entitlement created by government programs.

Posted by: Tom the Realtor ()
Date: February 07, 2014 12:34PM

There are some really ignorant comments on this thread. It lowers the value of Fairfax Underground.

Posted by: Sad ()
Date: February 18, 2014 09:19AM

Tom the Realtor, I could not agree with you more! I came to this site today after a commenter on one of the Patch sites recommended it. I am sadly let down. What would be the point of posting any opinion? This site seems to be to be a primarily a gathering of hate and ignorance. I'm shocked that these commenters are my neighbors. I've lived here for 20 years, and have always found it to be, for the most part, a wonderful home. What ever happened to "love thy neighbor?" If you can't love your neighbor, please, at least, be quiet about it, or move. I can only hope that this site just happens to be where a minority of our angriest neighbors congregate, and is not, in fact, an honest representation that I have somehow managed to over-look.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.