HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Public Retraction and Apology – Mike Ricker
Posted by: 2concerned ()
Date: July 27, 2012 11:20AM

I find no joy in writing this letter, and I shudder to think of how it will be treated in this particular forum, but I made my accusations here, and I feel that it’s my responsibility to make the retraction here, as well.

Many will recall my accusation that Mike Ricker of Woodburn’s “Mobile Crisis” unit ordered my illegal detainment on 5/24.

It now appears that Mike did not give any instructions which would have prevented me from closing out my affairs with my previous employer in a professional manner (I’m still on the hook for $600 in unreimbursed expenses), communicating with friends and family, or consulting with an attorney.

My Wife and I are STILL trying to find out the actual instructions were. Every query to my Sister-in-Law has been met with either a complete non-response, insults against me to my Wife, or seemingly less-than-honest communication with family members who had no direct involvement. She has not responded to me at all, and has steadfastly refused to answer a very simple question:

“What, exactly, were Mike’s instructions?”

At this point, it appears that the instructions may have been as simple as: “keep an eye him, make sure he doesn’t hurt himself, and that he has a chance to get some sleep.” Instead, I was told that I wasn’t allowed to use a phone or a networked computer and I was quartered in a strange and non-air conditioned bedroom, while she communicated regularly with my Wife, and denied me the same free access.

As well, describing the situation - as I understood it - to my Attorney that Sunday led to advice that might have complicated things later. It was on this advice during a hurried last-minute phone conference that I didn't attend Mike's requested Monday meeting -- had I known the truth about the situation, I'm not certain that I would've discussed it with an attorney at all.

Finally, it would also appear that for the past two months, she’s kept up with the situation, and has been fully aware of the accusations and threats of legal action which I made based on her statements. She also seems to be fully cognizant of the deep mistrust and fear that I developed for the figures of authority who seemed to have broken laws, and would have had good reason to discredit me, or worse.

As of now, I sincerely regret the accusations that I made against Mike. I was repeating what I’d been told, and what I fully believed to be true. During my second interview with Mike, he made the claim that he never gave the orders I described, and it was only then that I went back to what now seems to have been the source and pressed more firmly for answers.

Really, I’ve never felt so guilt-ridden and angry at the same time. I sincerely feel bad about reaching out to my Wife’s family for help… I tell myself that what was done was done because they sincerely thought it was for the best. Had I been told the truth two months ago, I’m certain that I would’ve begrudgingly accepted that for my Wife's sake, and that a second encounter with Mike would have been unlikely – since that time, a LOT has transpired, and much of it could have been halted instantly, had anyone given me or my Wife the respect of an honest answer.

I’ll try to answer any intelligent questions… but if this degenerates into a troll-bait, I’ll simply “un-follow” the post.

In any event, I don’t intend to spend the next two weeks following up on this thread. With the “truth” as elusive as it seems to be, I fear that many of my answers are only going to come as a result of legal action. Just as I’d promised during the weekend of my “detention”, I am moving forward in that respect, and I’m no longer going to presume to know where all of this will end up.

My sincere thanks to many of you who HAVE been level-headed through much of this, even when I deserved otherwise. With this revelation, I’m sure there will be a few deserved “I told you so”s. I’ll respond to those now: “Yes, you were right. I was wrong. My only defense is that I was acting on the best information that I had available at the time.”

Sincerely,
Scott

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Public Retraction and Apology – Mike Ricker
Posted by: loyalreader ()
Date: July 27, 2012 11:28AM

Don't worry about these things Scott, glad to hear you're doing better.

Next time, write your thoughts out on a piece of paper and burn it cathartically in your backyard. It'll probobly make you feel better than posting it on here.

Continue your recovery, get lots of rest, read a book, and good luck to you.

Re: Public Retraction and Apology – Mike Ricker
Posted by: Ito ()
Date: July 27, 2012 12:04PM

Scott,

I've enjoyed your posts on the forum over the past few days. I've LOL'd a few times too. You have a good sense of humor and I enjoy reading your insights.

It seems like you've managed to put a lot of this behind you, which is what I had hoped you would do for quite some time.

Please continue to look forward instead of back. All you can do is live in the moment and hope for the best in the future.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.