HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
BREAKING: Obama Said He Was Born in Kenya Up Until 2007!
Posted by: infowars ()
Date: May 17, 2012 10:52PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: BREAKING: Obama Said He Was Born in Kenya Up Until 2007!
Date: May 17, 2012 10:53PM

Date: May 17, 2012 10:53PM

Date: May 17, 2012 10:54PM

Obama's literary agent says he was 'born in Kenya'. How did the mainstream media miss this?

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/timstanley/100158834/obama-used-to-be-a-kenyan/

Date: May 17, 2012 10:55PM

Note from Senior Management:

Andrew Breitbart was never a "Birther," and Breitbart News is a site that has never advocated the narrative of "Birtherism." In fact, Andrew believed, as we do, that President Barack Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, on August 4, 1961.

Yet Andrew also believed that the complicit mainstream media had refused to examine President Obama's ideological past, or the carefully crafted persona he and his advisers had constructed for him.

It is for that reason that we launched "The Vetting," an ongoing series in which we explore the ideological background of President Obama (and other presidential candidates)--not to re-litigate 2008, but because ideas and actions have consequences.

It is also in that spirit that we discovered, and now present, the booklet described below--one that includes a marketing pitch for a forthcoming book by a then-young, otherwise unknown former president of the Harvard Law Review.

It is evidence--not of the President's foreign origin, but that Barack Obama's public persona has perhaps been presented differently at different times.

Breitbart News has obtained a promotional booklet produced in 1991 by Barack Obama's then-literary agency, Acton & Dystel, which touts Obama as "born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii."

The booklet, which was distributed to "business colleagues" in the publishing industry, includes a brief biography of Obama among the biographies of eighty-nine other authors represented by Acton & Dystel.

It also promotes Obama's anticipated first book, Journeys in Black and White--which Obama abandoned, later publishing Dreams from My Father instead.

Obama’s biography in the booklet is as follows (image and text below):

Barack Obama, the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review, was born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii. The son of an American anthropologist and a Kenyan finance minister, he attended Columbia University and worked as a financial journalist and editor for Business International Corporation. He served as project coordinator in Harlem for the New York Public Interest Research Group, and was Executive Director of the Developing Communities Project in Chicago’s South Side. His commitment to social and racial issues will be evident in his first book, Journeys in Black and White.

The booklet, which is thirty-six pages long, is printed in blue ink (and, on the cover, silver/grey ink), using offset lithography. It purports to celebrate the fifteenth anniversary of Acton & Dystel, which was founded in 1976.

Front cover (outside) - note Barack Obama listed in alphabetical order

Front cover (inside)

Jay Acton no longer represents Obama. However, Jane Dystel still lists Obama as a client on her agency's website.

According to the booklet itself, the text was edited by Miriam Goderich, who has since become Dystel's partner at Dystel & Goderich, an agency founded in 1994. Breitbart News attempted to reach Goderich by telephone several times over several days. Her calls are screened by an automated service that requires callers to state their name and company, which we did. She never answered.

The design of the booklet was undertaken by Richard Bellsey, who has since closed his business. Bellsey, reached by telephone, could not recall the exact details of the booklet, but told Breitbart News that it "sounds like one of our jobs, like I did for [Acton & Dystel] twenty years ago or more."

The parade of authors alongside Obama in the booklet includes politicians, such as former Speaker of the House Tip O’Neill; sports legends, such as Joe Montana and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar; and numerous Hollywood celebrities.

The reverse side of the page that features Barack Obama includes former Green Party presidential candidate Ralph Nader and early-1990s "boy band" pop sensation New Kids On the Block.

Acton, who spoke to Breitbart News by telephone, confirmed precise details of the booklet and said that it cost the agency tens of thousands of dollars to produce.

He indicated that while "almost nobody" wrote his or her own biography, the non-athletes in the booklet, whom "the agents deal[t] with on a daily basis," were "probably" approached to approve the text as presented.

Dystel did not respond to numerous requests for comment, via email and telephone. Her assistant told Breitbart News that Dystel "does not answer questions about Obama."

The errant Obama biography in the Acton & Dystel booklet does not contradict the authenticity of Obama's birth certificate. Moreover, several contemporaneous accounts of Obama’s background describe Obama as having been born in Hawaii.

The biography does, however, fit a pattern in which Obama--or the people representing and supporting him--manipulate his public persona.

David Maraniss's forthcoming biography of Obama has reportedly confirmed, for example, that a girlfriend Obama described in Dreams from My Father was, in fact, an amalgam of several separate individuals.

In addition, Obama and his handlers have a history of redefining his identity when expedient. In March 2008, for example, he famously declared: "I can no more disown [Jeremiah Wright] than I can disown the black community. I can no more disown him than I can my white grandmother."

Several weeks later, Obama left Wright's church--and, according to Edward Klein's new biography, The Amateur: Barack Obama in the White House, allegedly attempted to persuade Wright not to "do any more public speaking until after the November [2008] election" (51).

Obama has been known frequently to fictionalize aspects of his own life. During his 2008 campaign, for instance, Obama claimed that his dying mother had fought with insurance companies over coverage for her cancer treatments.

That turned out to be untrue, but Obama has repeated the story--which even the Washington Post called "misleading"--in a campaign video for the 2012 election.

The Acton & Dystel biography could also reflect how Obama was seen by his associates, or transitions in his own identity. He is said, for instance, to have cultivated an "international" identity until well into his adulthood, according to Maraniss.

Regardless of the reason for Obama's odd biography, the Acton & Dystel booklet raises new questions as part of ongoing efforts to understand Barack Obama--who, despite four years in office remains a mystery to many Americans, thanks to the mainstream media.

Larry O'Connor contributed to this report.

Date: May 17, 2012 10:57PM

Could he go down??
Attachments:
Obama-Column.png
Obama-Page1.png

Posted by: truth be tolds ()
Date: May 17, 2012 11:06PM

When Obama was born Africa was part of the U S. After he left the Africans became so despondant they succeeded from the U S.
End of story

Posted by: otgtfo ()
Date: May 17, 2012 11:18PM

OFF TOPIC AND GTFO!!!!!

Posted by: Stranger than fiction ()
Date: May 17, 2012 11:19PM

Attachments:
Nova.jpg

Posted by: 12Monkeys ()
Date: May 17, 2012 11:31PM

The story begins to unravel. . . .
Like the Sheriff said, he couldn't qualify for a county job.

I think Romney should show his tax records when Obama releases all of his college records.

Posted by: roughbook ()
Date: May 18, 2012 12:23AM

Hawaii???
Yeah, right.
Anyone with Adobe Photoshop (Acrobat Reader won't work) can download the online Obama PDF birth certificate (originally posted on the government's website by the White House) and un-layer the PDF document. It has more than a dozen layers, some being a background, some being broken text, and some being just a signature.
One layer contains only the stamp. Hmmmmmmm

Date: May 18, 2012 06:25AM

If you read what you posted here, it says the authors being represented didn't write their own bios and that only star athletes were asked to approve the copy. Odds are Obama didn't see this until after it was printed and given that the book project never went anywhere, he never bothered to have it changed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: reality ()
Date: May 18, 2012 07:11AM

Really - have we regressed this far again? And we wonder why our political system is a mess.

Posted by: OccamsRazor ()
Date: May 18, 2012 07:13AM

You might want to put a few more layers of tin foil in that hat of yours. It looks like the secret messages beamed from the U.N. black helicopters are getting through again.

Posted by: Vexxxed ()
Date: May 18, 2012 07:29AM

otgtfo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OFF TOPIC AND GTFO!!!!!

Update: The President of the United States of America has extended his constitutional powers to include governing over the entire country including but not limited to the County of Fairax, Virginia.

This radical change in county and federal powers was deemed necessary in order for one of Fairfax County's most important citizens to be able to continue inviting the current president to Fairfax County for fundraising/"town hall" events.

Gerry was quoted as saying "What car? I've been here at home all night. And you know I could ruin your career if you try to make a big deal out of this?....OH...the president....yeah, he's my bro. Assalam O Alaikum!"

Welcome to CrazyTown
Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: May 18, 2012 07:47AM

Population: Tea

Posted by: Here we go! ()
Date: May 18, 2012 08:36AM

Ladies and gentlemen: The Republican Party!

Posted by: karatechop ()
Date: May 18, 2012 09:14AM

Breaking: Just because you can afford to live in Fairfax county doesn't mean you are smart enough to see through idiotic conspiracy theories about the president. Birthers=retards.

Posted by: dabootybandit ()
Date: May 18, 2012 10:24AM

another gaypublican idiotic conspiracy theorie get a life or give us a true candidate to vote for not some mexican like Mitt romney lol.

Date: May 18, 2012 10:33AM

Apparently the GOP wants to do an exposed on Reverend Wright and how his teachings influenced Obama. I think the GOP should put that out. Then the Dems and the press would have the opening they need to explore the teachings of the Mormon Church and its influence on Mitt Romney.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: NRA 75 ()
Date: May 18, 2012 10:38AM

This is supposed to be a surprise? Him a "citizen of the world." C'mon.

Posted by: Rollin' Roland ()
Date: May 18, 2012 10:54AM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> Apparently the GOP wants to do an exposed on
> Reverend Wright and how his teachings influenced
> Obama. I think the GOP should put that out. Then
> the Dems and the press would have the opening they
> need to explore the teachings of the Mormon Church
> and its influence on Mitt Romney.

The owner of the Cubs is now the GOP. Democrats certainly say silly things!

Oh, and congrats to WTL for successfully regurgitating the DNCs talking point on the matter. Too bad it took him 24 hours to pick up on it. Are you telling me that this is the most you can do for your leader? Try harder next time to get the message out sooner:

Date: May 18, 2012 11:09AM

Rollin' Roland Wrote:

>
> The owner of the Cubs is now the GOP. Democrats
> certainly say silly things!
>

Uh, he's not paying for the ads. The guy who ran the advertising for McCain/Palin 2008 came up with it. Sounds pretty GOP to me.

Date: May 18, 2012 11:20AM

> Rollin' Roland Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> >
> > The owner of the Cubs is now the GOP.
> Democrats
> > certainly say silly things!
> >
>
> Uh, he's not paying for the ads. The guy who ran
> the advertising for McCain/Palin 2008 came up with
> it. Sounds pretty GOP to me.

Fred Davis is on the outside looking in because of his last performance. Just like any other salesman looking to make some cash, he approaches deep pocket folks and pitches them an idea. That doesn't make him the GOP, no matter how much you want it to be so.

In summary, one out of work adman is not the GOP.

Date: May 18, 2012 11:22AM

Rollin' Roland Wrote:

>
>
> Fred Davis is on the outside looking in because of
> his last performance. Just like any other
> salesman looking to make some cash, he approaches
> deep pocket folks and pitches them an idea. That
> doesn't make him the GOP, no matter how much you
> want it to be so.
>
> In summary, one out of work adman is not the GOP.

It's the GOP.

Date: May 18, 2012 11:27AM

> Rollin' Roland Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> >
> >
> > Fred Davis is on the outside looking in because
> of
> > his last performance. Just like any other
> > salesman looking to make some cash, he
> approaches
> > deep pocket folks and pitches them an idea.
> That
> > doesn't make him the GOP, no matter how much
> you
> > want it to be so.
> >
> > In summary, one out of work adman is not the
> GOP.
>
>
> It's the GOP.

Congrats! You have taken retardation to a whole new level! Even when presented with all the facts, you still fuck it up. Amazing.

Keep wishing though!

Date: May 18, 2012 11:39AM

Rollin' Roland Wrote:

> >
> > It's the GOP.
>
>
> Congrats! You have taken retardation to a whole
> new level! Even when presented with all the
> facts, you still fuck it up. Amazing.
>
> Keep wishing though!

Using your logic, Karl Rove wouldn't be the GOP, either. How do unemployed ad men get meetings with billionaires? Hmmm.

I don't know what's more retarded. The fact that you don't know how things work or the fact that you think you do.

Date: May 18, 2012 11:55AM

> Rollin' Roland Wrote:
>
> > >
> > > It's the GOP.
> >
> >
> > Congrats! You have taken retardation to a whole
> > new level! Even when presented with all the
> > facts, you still fuck it up. Amazing.
> >
> > Keep wishing though!
>
>
> Using your logic, Karl Rove wouldn't be the GOP,
> either. How do unemployed ad men get meetings with
> billionaires? Hmmm.

Easy. They introduce themselves to those that run PACs with a ton of money, tell them their credentials and thell them they have a great idea. Seriously? How do you complete simple everyday tasks?

> I don't know what's more retarded. The fact that
> you don't know how things work or the fact that
> you think you do.

Funny, I was going to say the same thing about you. I can't wait until some Democrat pundit steps in the proverbial shit and someone calls that person "the Democrats" and you jump up and say something to the effect that that person isn't the Democrats and the true leaders of the Democrats admonished him/her.

Oh wait, that happened already:

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/40/882918/883029.html#msg-883029

Ouch, that has to sting!

Sucks to be you....

Date: May 18, 2012 12:20PM

> If you read what you posted here, it says the
> authors being represented didn't write their own
> bios and that only star athletes were asked to
> approve the copy. Odds are Obama didn't see this
> until after it was printed and given that the book
> project never went anywhere, he never bothered to
> have it changed.

Makes me want to rush right out and hire these people to write mine!

Except I'm not a writer and would never need to promote myself to other industry people.

Posted by: barry math ()
Date: May 18, 2012 01:59PM

Downright amazing. Obama writes a book about himself saying he was born in Kenya. Now he is blaming others for the release of his lies.

Posted by: res ()
Date: May 18, 2012 02:30PM

So by that standard we can't trust ANY candidate.

Date: May 19, 2012 06:15AM

SHEEPLE
Attachments:
FED.jpg

Date: May 19, 2012 06:28AM

SHEEP
Attachments:
wakeupsheeple.jpg

Date: May 19, 2012 06:34AM

HERDS OF SHEEP
Attachments:
november-2012.jpg
KENYA.jpg

Posted by: EPA recession ()
Date: May 19, 2012 05:09PM

> I don't know what's more retarded. The fact that
> you don't know how things work or the fact that
> you think you do.

This coming from the same dolt that claimed Bush's underfunding of the EPA caused the recession? Priceless!

I think everything you know about politics and how things work is summed up right there. Thanks for playing.

Date: May 19, 2012 07:17PM

res Wrote:
> So by that standard we can't trust ANY candidate.

Make that by ANY standard and you've got a deal.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.