HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: PreviousFirst...217218219220221222223224225226227...LastNext
Current Page: 222 of 921
Re: The Mike O'Meara Show
Posted by: Fat Baby ()
Date: May 22, 2013 06:00PM

Waaa......
Attachments:
fb.png

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: peekza ()
Date: May 22, 2013 06:05PM

222...Semper Fat...

Date: May 22, 2013 06:08PM

Four Hour Club Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Without Buzz, whether you liked him or not, it's
> now 78 minutes of Mike and Robb. At least there
> was a little break before. Even when Oscar tries
> to talk, it's mostly Mike and Robb. Mike's "news"
> is worse than Buzz's, "literally" just reading the
> front page of Yahoo and making asinine comments. I
> agree, it's really tough to listen to the whole
> show. Skip the lame opening and there's 30 minutes
> of show until the news and audio vault. Fast
> forward LFF crying about how broke he is, and the
> show's gone.

I did not care much for Buzz, but he definitely was a necessary evil... It is "the Fat Baby show featuring Robb with Oscar Santana"...

Posted by: Whatttt ()
Date: May 22, 2013 08:27PM

As many people as possible should post about dcrtv dave's interview on dcrtv, respectfully to dave. Mike should only be referred to as "Fat Drunk Baby."

Here, we can get about the serious business of talking about sweet big black cock sex with Mike's daughters. Shouldn't have put them on the show, FDB.

Posted by: AnHonestOpinion ()
Date: May 22, 2013 08:38PM

I have to admit, I actually thought the Willowlake episode, with Mike reminiscing about the places he had lived and some better days and some worse days, was actually fairly entertaining... until the 30 minute mark when it turned to 30 minutes of boring hockey talk. But those first 30 minutes were the best 30 minutes I've heard on this show in a long time...

Posted by: George Jones ()
Date: May 22, 2013 08:51PM

"He Stopped Loving Her Today". For you hipsters and youngsters that is the title to a classic country song where the good hearted man can't take any more and tells the bitch to fuck off! That's where I am with this show. Fuck you O'Meara! I used to love this show but it has gone down the shitter for all the reasons that have been so eloquently described in this forum. You guys crack me up and instead of the show, I now look forward to reading these posts. And Buzz, I have supported you and felt your pain but don't you think it's time to grow a set. Quitting is one thing but to then go noncomunicato is a pussy move. You owe the folks who have defended you over the years more that that. Mike reads the news like a 5th grader reading in front of the class. His segue between stories today was "and moving right along". He sucks at the news although he always arrogantly indicated the news was no big deal to such a wordsmith as himself. Oscar was competing with Rob (he gets no extra b from me) with an annoying, cackling over-laugh on todays show. Hate to go on, it's my first post, I need a beer..

Posted by: wat ()
Date: May 22, 2013 09:44PM

check out the list of everything he has been doing for his child bride while she is pregnant with his demon seed (45:00 into the youtube cast)
hint
its been the absolute least amount of effort possible
and yet he is feeling "lonely"

Posted by: Four Hour Club ()
Date: May 22, 2013 10:24PM

wat Wrote:
> check out the list of everything he has been doing
> for his child bride while she is pregnant with his
> demon seed (45:00 into the youtube cast)
> hint
> its been the absolute least amount of effort
> possible
> and yet he is feeling "lonely"

He won't even go for a walk with his pregnant wife and mother-in-law (who is younger than his royal fatness). He didn't even put his son's crib together, and was proud of that. He's already talking about sending his wife back to work as soon as possible and getting a nanny.

Here's Mike's opportunity to prove me wrong and demonstrate that, contrary to all current evidence, he has the potential to be a decent father. Either A) step up your podcast and radio game to the point that your wife doesn't have to go back to work ASAP, or at all. B) hire a babysitter for the 90 minutes you record the show, all other times, you're a stay at home dad.

If he gets a full time nanny so he can nap, ride his scoot and watch the Today Show while someone other than his wife watches his newborn son, he is confirming everything we have come to despise about the ol' Fat Baby.

Posted by: Y U No??? ()
Date: May 22, 2013 10:29PM

Y U NO End this thread???

Posted by: oc ()
Date: May 22, 2013 11:37PM

OK, I'll inject a little positivity in this thread, just so we're not "haters" all the time...how could the show improve? I'd vote for taking calls, even if heavily-screened, from listeners. Also, Mike talking more honestly about his personal life. It seemed like he was less defensive on D&M, when Don used to also talk about his life, warts and all.

I know they won't actually take any of these suggestions, but any other ideas?

Posted by: apr ()
Date: May 23, 2013 12:13AM

I don't think taking calls would improve the show. You only have a pool of 1-200 people watching the show live to begin with, and the same 5 people would end up calling over and over again.

I am probably in the minority but I think the show has already improved with the departure of Buzz. I liked him and his news stories that weren't about guns, but I didn't like how at any minute Mike's insecurity would derail the show and try to prove some asinine point for 10-15 minutes. Mike has a degree from American University if you weren't aware.

Date: May 23, 2013 12:27AM

oc Wrote:
> OK, I'll inject a little positivity in this
> thread, just so we're not "haters" all the
> time...how could the show improve? I'd vote for
> taking calls, even if heavily-screened, from
> listeners. Also, Mike talking more honestly about
> his personal life. It seemed like he was less
> defensive on D&M, when Don used to also talk about
> his life, warts and all.
>
> I know they won't actually take any of these
> suggestions, but any other ideas?

I'd say mix it up a lot more. Stop the opening "bit", it ALWAYS sucks. Stop the daily audio vault and news crap segment. Be more spontaneous and conversational, be less morning zoo. Stop talking about things no one else besides Mike and Robb care about. This would include: The Today Show, old singers and actors, and Jerry Lewis. Above all else, stop the fake maniacal laughter. Blob(b) is the worst offender, but Oscar is culpable as well. Robb needs to stop saying "the best", "love it" - or any other yes man phrases that add nothing to the conversation - to punctuate everything LFF says. They need to embrace the podcast format, and get away from the radio show baggage they're carrying forward. Three years in and radio is not panning out, adapt and move on. No more commercial breaks... stop talking about radio at all. You can always cut up a podcast to make commercials fit.

On a practical level, get rid of Ronnick. The web site is atrocious, the server migration fiasco is disgraceful, on top of months of downtime. The constant stream of fuck ups is grounds for dismissal with extreme prejudice at any legitimate business endeavor. And for all his screw-ups, what does Marc bring to the table? Affiliate programs. This does not require any effort. I helped my kid's preschool set up an amazon affiliate link in 10 minutes, and that is supposedly the best way to support TMOS. I'll say again, Ronnick isn't doing his homework. Anything Carolla or Kevin Smith are pimping, TMOS should be all over. A rising tide, and all that. There's no reason to cut Marc in for an income split when he doesn't bring anything to the table. This is commission and contract work.

Date: May 23, 2013 12:35AM

apr Wrote:
> I don't think taking calls would improve the show.
> You only have a pool of 1-200 people watching the
> show live to begin with, and the same 5 people
> would end up calling over and over again.

I completely agree with this. Calls are fine when you're filling four hours a day and reaching thousands of people. This is not the case for the Failcast.

> I am probably in the minority but I think the show
> has already improved with the departure of Buzz. I
> liked him and his news stories that weren't about
> guns, but I didn't like how at any minute Mike's
> insecurity would derail the show and try to prove
> some asinine point for 10-15 minutes. Mike has a
> degree from American University if you weren't
> aware.

I can only assume you are being silly and ironic in this statement.

Posted by: Robbed Mobb ()
Date: May 23, 2013 06:39AM

A once a week audio vault would be enough. Do we need to hear these visual bits every single day? No.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: May 23, 2013 07:12AM

yep, gonna be even MORE just mike and robb now. when it hits that point, i will be out. can barely tolerate robb as it is, any more will be unlistenable. even when his little interjections are NOTHING, like just saying "ok", "yep", "uh-huh", etc. he can NOT keep quiet!

definitely curious about the buzz thing, and i'm wondering if we're ever going to know. would sure be nice to have some honesty about it.

Posted by: Lying Liars who Lie ()
Date: May 23, 2013 07:20AM

JC Wrote:
> yep, gonna be even MORE just mike and robb now.
> when it hits that point, i will be out. can
> barely tolerate robb as it is, any more will be
> unlistenable. even when his little interjections
> are NOTHING, like just saying "ok", "yep",
> "uh-huh", etc. he can NOT keep quiet!
>
> definitely curious about the buzz thing, and i'm
> wondering if we're ever going to know. would sure
> be nice to have some honesty about it.

Then we can get Robb's real Weight Not weight loss, Mike's real weight, the story of what is up between Don and the krewe, RJ's real weight loss, the real story with Ronnick's marriage, etc, etc, etc.....

Posted by: lolz ()
Date: May 23, 2013 07:20AM

George Jones Wrote:
> He sucks at the news although he always arrogantly
> indicated the news was no big deal to such a
> wordsmith as himself.

Listen to yesterday's show. He has no idea how to pronounce any of the names or places referenced in his story. Why should he have to pre-read? He has a degree from AU!!!

Posted by: Carla Found A Peanut ()
Date: May 23, 2013 07:23AM

oc Wrote:
> OK, I'll inject a little positivity in this
> thread, just so we're not "haters" all the
> time...how could the show improve? I'd vote for
> taking calls, even if heavily-screened, from
> listeners. Also, Mike talking more honestly about
> his personal life. It seemed like he was less
> defensive on D&M, when Don used to also talk about
> his life, warts and all.
>
> I know they won't actually take any of these
> suggestions, but any other ideas?

Cut out the over-the-top fake laughter

Cut out Mike's news segment

Mike should be more open about his life. His drunken foolishness would make for some great stories, but he's too embarrassed to share them. Which is all the more reason to share them.

Let Ronic choose the music for the show rather than Robb.

Posted by: The Predictor ()
Date: May 23, 2013 08:20AM

With Buzz gone, Mike is "all in" with Oscar and Robb. As such, the dhow will be done by the end of summer. The baby, the turnover, the constant drinking, lack of effort to be with his wife will ensure the show dies a painful death by Labor Day.

Posted by: bobafeet ()
Date: May 23, 2013 08:34AM

mike was gonna bitch about the Caps yesterday-talk just briefly about hockey, which is topical and something I wanted to hear. An anti caps/anti whining, and a short sports rant would have been entertaining to me but FUCK STICK BLOBB deftly steered him away from it and ran the time out. Blobb does not like sports games and the only topical things he does discuss is audio/video clips from the today show/you tube crap.

He does the same thing with game of thrones about to come up, deftly steering mike away from it. Its topical and not today show material.

He does not go to current movies-never saw Zero dark thirty which I did enjoy the show talking about, and I am sure as hell he won't see star trek.

Its 40s and 50s show tunes, movies and ed sullivan clips-oh and beatles music! YEAH!

how bout some opening show dialog clips from breaking bad or the wire or game of thrones...oh never mind blobb does not know anyting about those.

Posted by: Pedro Moreno ()
Date: May 23, 2013 09:02AM

The Predictor Wrote:
> With Buzz gone, Mike is "all in" with Oscar and
> Robb. As such, the dhow will be done by the end
> of summer. The baby, the turnover, the constant
> drinking, lack of effort to be with his wife will
> ensure the show dies a painful death by Labor Day.

I see the show limping along through the end of the year, but at that point, it will be the "Mike and Robb Show" with just the two of them and an intern doing everything.

Posted by: Fan since 1997 ()
Date: May 23, 2013 09:57AM

Real talk: they've put together some of the best thirty minute stretches in TMOS history this calendar year.

AnHonestOpinion Wrote:
> I have to admit, I actually thought the Willowlake
> episode, with Mike reminiscing about the places he
> had lived and some better days and some worse
> days, was actually fairly entertaining... until
> the 30 minute mark when it turned to 30 minutes of
> boring hockey talk. But those first 30 minutes
> were the best 30 minutes I've heard on this show
> in a long time...

Date: May 23, 2013 10:05AM

Fan since 1997 Wrote:
> Real talk: they've put together some of the best
> thirty minute stretches in TMOS history this
> calendar year.
>

That would be an interesting experiment, put up a TMOS-Lite podcast as well as the "TMOS-Full Fat" version. Cut the opening and closing crap and just keep the middle section. They'd never do it, but the download numbers might be enlightening.

Posted by: bobafeet ()
Date: May 23, 2013 10:16AM

The middle section is what I listen for and by chance, its the one where Blobb is least effective. To me it seems like he is always hijacking the middle portion of the show. He has little to bring to it and seems very INSECURE-hence poor attempts at racial humor, and his repeated weak one liners.

Once in a great while Mike will attempt to pry something out of him, like the recent trip to kings dominion-which I enjoyed, but Rob(b) has no clue how to tell a story without getting into the stupid small details that no one cares about and he really does not do any activities or have any interests that are common with the majority of the listeners or modern 9-5 workers, who are a target demographic...no sports...no current movies...no cool shows...just stupid you tube, idol, today show....oh and the beatles and jerry. NOt much there there. But none of these facts keep him from interuptting, throwing out terrible one liners and, what is the worst, the laughing.

And how bout another spliced beatles/wings you tube compilation-yah good stuff.

Posted by: Laaaaaughing ()
Date: May 23, 2013 12:15PM

bobafeet Wrote:
> The middle section is what I listen for and by
> chance, its the one where Blobb is least
> effective. To me it seems like he is always
> hijacking the middle portion of the show. He has
> little to bring to it and seems very
> INSECURE-hence poor attempts at racial humor, and
> his repeated weak one liners.
>
> Once in a great while Mike will attempt to pry
> something out of him, like the recent trip to
> kings dominion-which I enjoyed, but Rob(b) has no
> clue how to tell a story without getting into the
> stupid small details that no one cares about and
> he really does not do any activities or have any
> interests that are common with the majority of the
> listeners or modern 9-5 workers, who are a target
> demographic...no sports...no current movies...no
> cool shows...just stupid you tube, idol, today
> show....oh and the beatles and jerry. NOt much
> there there. But none of these facts keep him from
> interuptting, throwing out terrible one liners
> and, what is the worst, the laughing.
>
> And how bout another spliced beatles/wings you
> tube compilation-yah good stuff.

Ding, ding, ding. To the extent that there is a tiny flicker of a show left inside the rotted carcass of the fatcast, Rob(b) snuffs it out on a daily basis. I downloaded Monday's show today, for the Buzz discussion, and I guarantee I'll be thinking, "Man, I wish Rob(b) would shut up," five minutes in.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: May 23, 2013 12:19PM

you probably won't have to wait more than about 30 seconds to think that.

Posted by: MT ()
Date: May 23, 2013 01:03PM

Is the news segment longer now that Mike is doing it? It seems like it but I'm not sure if that's because I'm skipping through it. On a completely random note I hope that Mike doesn't go see Star Trek. I don't want to hear a 20 minute rant about all the CGI in movies now with Mike and Rob shouting Oscar down every time he tries to defend a current movie that he liked.

Posted by: Jabril. ()
Date: May 23, 2013 01:17PM

If Mike had ANY sensibility or any energy into thinking about the future, he'd hire some sort of outside advisor/consultant. I'm a business owner and we thrive on feedback but I don't think he cares. A business advisor would look at their financials and advise to fire that dumbass Ronic IMMEDIATELY. Now they're selling Hulu-Plus? Wow, thats ground breaking and sure to make them rich. Ronic is in over his head and needs to go. Also, I hate Oscar the most.

Posted by: O&A ()
Date: May 23, 2013 01:28PM

Don & Mike always sucked!

The best part of the show was when Don's wife died! Too bad his stupid son was not in the car as well.

Posted by: sonofabitch ()
Date: May 23, 2013 01:55PM

O&A Wrote:
> Don & Mike always sucked!
>
> The best part of the show was when Don's wife
> died! Too bad his stupid son was not in the car as
> well.

Is it bad that I laughed when I read this?

Date: May 23, 2013 02:18PM

sonofabitch Wrote:
> O&A Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Don & Mike always sucked!
> >
> > The best part of the show was when Don's wife
> > died! Too bad his stupid son was not in the car
> as
> > well.
>
>
> Is it bad that I laughed when I read this?

No, I'm sure Robb laughed too...

Date: May 23, 2013 03:02PM

I would love to have heard the original discussion between Mike and Oscar when Oscar pitched him the idea of doing a podcast. "So, these pods, they're like radios or something?"

Posted by: DwokkaDwokka ()
Date: May 23, 2013 03:28PM

Carla Found A Peanut Wrote:
> I would love to have heard the original discussion
> between Mike and Oscar when Oscar pitched him the
> idea of doing a podcast. "So, these pods, they're
> like radios or something?"

Nah, it was like the pig on the GEICO commercial -- "Will there be . . . snacks?"

Date: May 23, 2013 03:29PM

It only seems longer because he makes reading it sound like a chore. He has very little voice inflection and rushes through the copy. Copy..who am I kidding, there is no prepared copy, he is just reading off some news site like an AU student working for a C- woth zero effort

Date: May 23, 2013 03:46PM

I wish Buzz was still around so we could ask him if the two animals in London passed a background check to purchase those cleavers...

Date: May 23, 2013 04:01PM

From Buzz's Facebook page. It has to drive Mike mad that the boss lady is praising Buzz. She's probably the only person he doesn't try to bully.
Attachments:
Kappy.jpg

Posted by: Puzzled ()
Date: May 23, 2013 04:30PM

I cannot believe this show is still "on." Same shit over and over....boring and unfunny opening, lies about weight (effort in losing it and progress towards goal), stammering bull shit in the middle, unfunny audio vault leading into a shitty newscast. Also, was anyone else miffed when LFF was originally going to make his son a Jr.? That's just like him, a newborn is on the way and he immediately wants to make it all about him, LITERALLY. Fat, lazy fuckin' slob.....

Date: May 23, 2013 05:21PM

So now Blob(b) is writing the "birthday copy". First out of the chute today, before I could hit fast forward, was a death dedication, just like the famous Casey Kasem clip. LFF starts out by making fun of the guy's dead dad's name. Then gets to the part explaining the dad is dead, and immediately makes it all about himself and his dad dying "When I lost my dad, he was a WWII guy too...". He can't have a conversation about anything without referencing his own experience, and how that makes him an obvious expert.

Later in the show, he goes off on "The Media" again, for so erroneously claiming the knife attacks in the UK were terror related:

LFF: "In my humble opinion, please, news media, don't call a terror attack, you know, don't call a murder a terror attack."
Blobb: "I agree."
LFF: "And you know, you have one douche that's standing out in the middle of the street after hacking a guy to death."

"There was a horrific terrorist attack - it wasn't it was a murder."
"And what it is is just a couple of horrible human beings."
"They're murders, remember that."

Clearly, as someone who took a journalism class at AU, Mike knows better and knows that they were just "two thugs, probably high, going out and doing something unspeakable". And of course, Blob(b) chips in:
"I hate to beat this drum again, but it may- I think this is irresponsible reporting on the part of the media. They turned this into something that it isn't and I don't appreciate it."

Now that additional arrests have been made, warranted searches at 6 residencies, and British security services knew about these two previously and they have a similar route to going "radical Muslim" as almost every other participant in a terrorist attack, any chance LFF back peddles tomorrow? I guess if it doesn't happen in Mike's home town of Boston, it can't be terror. I guess when Daniel Pearl was beheaded, it wasn't terrorism, since you can't commit terrorism just by killing someone with a machete.

This quote was from an article yesterday:
"The Prime Minister's office confirmed in a statement following the meeting, that there are strong indications that this is a terrorist incident."

And finally, LFF: "My goal for this pregnancy is not to buy anything myself."

Posted by: Star Jones O'Meara ()
Date: May 23, 2013 06:35PM

Yeah let these dumb bastards buy everything

Date: May 23, 2013 06:38PM

And they will...

Posted by: Angela's Ashes ()
Date: May 23, 2013 06:41PM

And don't forget since it wasn't a terror attack they must have been "high on drugs". Everyone knows that no one has ever been assaultive while intoxicated on the drink.

Date: May 23, 2013 07:16PM

Angela's Ashes Wrote:
> And don't forget since it wasn't a terror attack
> they must have been "high on drugs". Everyone
> knows that no one has ever been assaultive while
> intoxicated on the drink.

Hey man, Mike KNOWS! He can always tell by their mouth...Coke, X, you name it...

Posted by: Ken Kesey ()
Date: May 23, 2013 07:54PM

So I was the watching the 30th rerun of "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" the other day on the Ion tv channel and I gots to thinking. If they still had lock up for functional nutjobs would Mr. O'Meara qualify?

Mike O'Meara = Jack Nicholson

blobbay = Martini "Danny DeVito"

oskar = billy

renfield = william redfield

buzz = the indian

is MM taking part in Rolling Thunder this year?

Are they going to Maine for more 2013 style hijinks and mash ups of jocularity?

And is he planning a fall event at the State Theatre? A "We need money for the baby" show? Or he's still a LFF?

Posted by: Sweetblackcocksexwithmikesgirls ()
Date: May 23, 2013 08:08PM

peekza Wrote:
> I wish Buzz was still around so we could ask him
> if the two animals in London passed a background
> check to purchase those cleavers...

Niggers with weapons committing crimes. Imagine my surprise. We need British style gun control immediately! Good thing it wasn't terror related.

"Nanny" is French for "I fuck the dad". I see a divorce coming down the highway.

And for Jeebus's sake, stop talking about "my ride"! Riding motorcycles to raise money is just about the gayest thing you can do. Just donate the fucking money and be done with it. Don't make it all about being with your leather fag friends. Save that for the DC Eagle. (www.dceagle.com)

In case it's not clear, Officer Jerky is a big fag, hence the name.

Posted by: Greg Merriweather ()
Date: May 23, 2013 09:23PM

A quote from the show immediately following the Boston bombings:

LFF-"I don't care if it was just two guys. This is an act of terror. This is terrorism"

A quote from the show today:

LFF- "In my humble opinion, please, news media, don't call a terror attack, you know, don't call a murder a terror attack."
"There was a horrific terrorist attack - it wasn't it was a murder."
"And what it is is just a couple of horrible human beings."

Hypocrisy, thy name is O'Meara

Posted by: enzo ()
Date: May 23, 2013 10:16PM

Fat motherfuckers and cops riding slow loud motorcycles pretending to be heroes is pretty gay. Fuck em. They couldn't ride their way out of a paper bag. And this is what we hate about Weight Yes - the bullshit personality.

Posted by: Fist Food ()
Date: May 23, 2013 11:53PM

Sweetblackcocksexwithmikesgirls Wrote:
> And for Jeebus's sake, stop talking about "my
> ride"! Riding motorcycles to raise money is just
> about the gayest thing you can do. Just donate
> the fucking money and be done with it. Don't make
> it all about being with your leather fag friends.
> Save that for the DC Eagle. (www.dceagle.com)
>
> In case it's not clear, Officer Jerky is a big
> fag, hence the name.

Bite your tongue, they raised at least FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS last year. That might even buy one warrior a few pairs of socks for his artificial leg. Seriously, I forget the numbers, but I remember thinking it was horrendously low for as much as he hyped it. Just get over yourself LFF, you have no pull, you're not even a D-List celebrity any more, and you're about as much Tough Biker as that dancing guy from the six flags commercials a few years back. But at least he doesn't have a cadaver knee.

Posted by: Little Mikey Omeara ()
Date: May 24, 2013 12:12AM

> that dancing guy from the six flags
> commercials a few years back. But at least he
> doesn't have a cadaver knee.

Hey A-hole, that guy was a WWII vet god dammit just like my old man! And my old man could dance just like that to Buddy Rich too. So that makes me a better patriot than all of you!

Posted by: LongTimeListener ()
Date: May 24, 2013 12:36AM

I've never listened to the Big O and Dukes Show, but I looked up the "Lady Bars" episode from 04/17/13 to hear more about Oscar's China trip.

HOLY S---!

Just listen to Oscar's recap on that show and compare it to his recap on Mike's show. Oscar actually got to say things without be interrupted. I never really realized HOW ANNOYING all of the stupid interruptions are on Mike's show.

On the Big O and Dukes show, if Oscar mentioned cars, no one went CAAAAAAR.

No one tried to interject and make the story about hockey or how they played hockey or how they're basically an athlete even though they can't get off the couch without huffing and wheezing.

I'm not sure I can go back to Mike's show...

Posted by: LickIt ()
Date: May 24, 2013 12:51AM

> So if this is true, as you
> haters-in-the-basement-of-the-science-building
> aver, then why does Oscar stay with the show?
> Could it be that thousands of people actually
> enjoy TMOS and it brings in enough revenue to
> cover the crews' mortgages? And that maybe Mike is
> a pretty nice guy with an occasional bad temper?
> Why do you continue to listen and spew 221 pages
> of hate? Get a life, losers!

What do you care? What difference would it make in your life if this forum does or doesn't exist? Why do you care if we listen or not? So what if we spew hate? Why is it so important to you that total strangers get a life? Why does matter to you that we're losers?

Posted by: Andrew Ryan ()
Date: May 24, 2013 01:23AM

Cause we dislike the show, and Mike is too thin-skinned (ironically enough) to take our criticism on his website.

So, having found a voice, the lackeys of the show want us to give it another chance and stop pointing out LFF/FDB's diction, Blob(b)'s humorless interjections, and Oscar's radio silence.

The show sucks hyena ass. Hyenas eat carrion, only Blob(b) knows how bad that smells, am I right???

Date: May 24, 2013 01:27AM

LickIt Wrote:
> > So if this is true, as you
> > haters-in-the-basement-of-the-science-building
> > aver, then why does Oscar stay with the show?
> > Could it be that thousands of people actually
> > enjoy TMOS and it brings in enough revenue to
> > cover the crews' mortgages? And that maybe Mike
> is
> > a pretty nice guy with an occasional bad
> temper?
> > Why do you continue to listen and spew 221
> pages
> > of hate? Get a life, losers!
>
> What do you care? What difference would it make
> in your life if this forum does or doesn't exist?
> Why do you care if we listen or not? So what if
> we spew hate? Why is it so important to you that
> total strangers get a life? Why does matter to
> you that we're losers?

If this is losing then I don't wanna win!

Date: May 24, 2013 01:35AM

LongTimeListener Wrote:
> I've never listened to the Big O and Dukes Show,
> but I looked up the "Lady Bars" episode from
> 04/17/13 to hear more about Oscar's China trip.
>
> HOLY S---!
>
> Just listen to Oscar's recap on that show and
> compare it to his recap on Mike's show. Oscar
> actually got to say things without be interrupted.
> I never really realized HOW ANNOYING all of the
> stupid interruptions are on Mike's show.
>
> On the Big O and Dukes show, if Oscar mentioned
> cars, no one went CAAAAAAR.
>
> No one tried to interject and make the story about
> hockey or how they played hockey or how they're
> basically an athlete even though they can't get
> off the couch without huffing and wheezing.
>
> I'm not sure I can go back to Mike's show...

Agreed... It was a much more informative version of the trip... Oddly enough, I thought the Recap of the breaking of Kara's phone was much better on TMOS... But that was a long time ago and the failcast wasn't always the failcast... At one point it wasn't the Mike O'Meara show featuring Robb Spewack with Oscar, and appearances by Marc Ronnick...At that point, Robb didn't succeed at talking over everybody and LFF wasn't as jaded either...

Posted by: well adjusted ()
Date: May 24, 2013 08:23AM

LongTimeListener Wrote:

> I never really realized HOW ANNOYING all of the
> stupid interruptions are on Mike's show.

The last show I watched featured Oscar trying to make a couple comments and each time Robb just brayed over him. I rewound and listened again, Oscar had said 2 funny things while Robb had just yelled inanities, and that's being kind.

Posted by: Al Qada ()
Date: May 24, 2013 08:56AM

Mike, you're right, the London attack on that soldier wasn't a terrorist attack at all, I mean, when the British Government and news sources throughout the world say it and you don't, you win.

Posted by: Laaaaaaughing ()
Date: May 24, 2013 09:21AM

well adjusted Wrote:
> LongTimeListener Wrote:
> -----
>
> > I never really realized HOW ANNOYING all of
> the
> > stupid interruptions are on Mike's show.
>
>
> The last show I watched featured Oscar trying to
> make a couple comments and each time Robb just
> brayed over him. I rewound and listened again,
> Oscar had said 2 funny things while Robb had just
> yelled inanities, and that's being kind.

If they took Rob(b)'s microphone away, and limited him to his (still dreadful) audio vault-related activities, the fatcast would improve. If he took a long, long, vacation from the show, it would improve quite a bit.

Date: May 24, 2013 09:55AM

Without Buzz around to correct him, it's glaringly obvious how ill-informed Mike is. Part of it is that he's so self absorbed, he often can't even finish reading the first sentence of a story before going off and making it all about him. He really doesn't pay full attention to anything other than his appetite.

Posted by: Robb ()
Date: May 24, 2013 10:04AM

Mike's the best, THE BEST.

Posted by: Karas Black Boyfriend ()
Date: May 24, 2013 10:26AM

Not necessarily defending Robb....but Robb pounces Oscar so often because Oscar doesn't know how to talk. If him using incorrect words that frequently is not a joke, then Robb is probably astounded that he made it this far in the "radio" world. Oscar went to college for the love of god...he can not be that dumb! Everytime he says "damn it" when he screws up, that has to be a gimmick. Also, I'm a huge Howard Stern fan and I'm surprised that no ones caught on to the fact that Oscar steals sooooo much from Howard, including the "hey now!!!" that Howard uses EVERYDAY for the past 10 years.

Posted by: ShowUsYourTits ()
Date: May 24, 2013 10:43AM

Karas Black Boyfriend Wrote:
> Not necessarily defending Robb....but Robb pounces
> Oscar so often because Oscar doesn't know how to
> talk. If him using incorrect words that frequently
> is not a joke, then Robb is probably astounded
> that he made it this far in the "radio" world.
> Oscar went to college for the love of god...he can
> not be that dumb! Everytime he says "damn it" when
> he screws up, that has to be a gimmick. Also, I'm
> a huge Howard Stern fan and I'm surprised that no
> ones caught on to the fact that Oscar steals
> sooooo much from Howard, including the "hey
> now!!!" that Howard uses EVERYDAY for the past 10
> years.

Bababooey. Wow, it's been so many years since I heard a Sternbot complain about people stealing from Howard . . .

Posted by: Irregular ()
Date: May 24, 2013 11:03AM

Has any pitch for any version of this "Regulars" tv show sounded good? They have filmed three different versions now and none of them sound like they are worth watching.

Posted by: Leu_Kemia ()
Date: May 24, 2013 11:30AM

> If they took Rob(b)'s microphone away...

Anyone remember when Don Geronimo did just that on the old D&M show?
Sure improved that show back in the day...

Date: May 24, 2013 11:33AM

Wasn't there a tantrum by Mike recently about the government taking away a huge amount from lottery winnings? Like, he was outraged?
I was just listening to a Don and Mike show from around 2000 where they were talking about Who Wants To Be a Millionaire and they said how the guy would really get more like $550,000 after taxes. Mike wasn't surprised. Did he just forget??

Date: May 24, 2013 12:13PM

> years.

Haven't noticed Robb do that when Mike frequently misspeaks...

Date: May 24, 2013 01:15PM

With the exception of today's show I've listened to every podcast this week since Buzz left and have not had even one good laugh. Mike seems to be in a nonstop stream of conscience panic mode, Robb talks nonstop over everyone, Oscar seems to wake up and say a few words every 10 minutes or so and I doubt I've heard Ronic say more than five sentences all week.

Posted by: BIGSAC ()
Date: May 24, 2013 01:32PM

LFF whining about being lonley? Seriously? Love that Oscar laughed at the Fat Drunk Baby since he correctly points out that Mike has barely done anything. When this baby comes, LFF is going to lose it and I see the bonus shows moving to 3 a week if he can manage it. And love how he lets everyone know that his wife needs to go back to work shortly after the birth since they need the money. How pathetic LFF, how about working more than 1.5 hours per day?

Posted by: DwokkaDwokka ()
Date: May 24, 2013 01:32PM

Carla Found A Peanut Wrote:
> With the exception of today's show I've listened
> to every podcast this week since Buzz left and
> have not had even one good laugh. Mike seems to be
> in a nonstop stream of conscience panic mode, Robb
> talks nonstop over everyone, Oscar seems to wake
> up and say a few words every 10 minutes or so and
> I doubt I've heard Ronic say more than five
> sentences all week.

So, normal?

Posted by: Put Robb back in mothballs ()
Date: May 24, 2013 02:43PM

Buzz was the bass line to the show. The undercurrent of quips and rye humor is what provided a fullness to the banter. As Mike gets older and sicker we can look forward to how he has lost the circulation to his toes and what kind of medicated powder he is enjoying the most.

Robb has been unleashed over the past 6 months to be a complete clown. His over the top Morning Zoo laughter is what makes him intolerable. The repetitive callbacks and references to irrelevant mid 20th century crap is stupid. Dennis Leary would throw that stuff in to weave absurdity but Robb is just a poser. Being an expert in shit no one cares, or should care about anymore just means that you are a loser in what is relevant. He stares lovingly at Mike during all clips just waiting for validation. Everyone else (audience included) sits like Oscar waiting for the irrelevance to play out. Robb wants everything to be an inside joke so he feels more important than the basement dwelling goon he is.

Mike enjoys Robbs adulation and was angry with Buzz because he neither adored or submitted to him. Oscar has few options. this is it till something better comes around. Over 5 years, he might get a demo reel he can use to get a show in some mid tier market. the wheels are off the cart boys.

Date: May 24, 2013 03:06PM

Everything you have said about Rob (he gets no extra b from me) is absolutely true. Everyone knows it especially O'Meara but it will NEVER, EVER change because O'Meara is so fucking lazy. If Rob doesn't blather on and on that puts pressure on O'Meara to actually prepare a show. We all know he'll never do that because it requires effort. Oh and there is the constant ass kissing thing, O'Meara loves that!

Posted by: 1940's Husband ()
Date: May 24, 2013 03:25PM

1940's father/husband? Really? Robb the 40's were 70 fucking years ago...douchebag...

Date: May 24, 2013 04:09PM

1940's Husband Wrote:
> 1940's father/husband? Really? Robb the 40's were
> 70 fucking years ago...douchebag...

Wow, somebody listened? If Rob(b) likes the 40s, he only likes the EARLY 40s, when Hitler was still kicking around.

Date: May 24, 2013 04:31PM

Laaaaaughing Wrote:
> 1940's Husband Wrote:
> -----
> > 1940's father/husband? Really? Robb the 40's
> were
> > 70 fucking years ago...douchebag...
>
>
> Wow, somebody listened? If Rob(b) likes the 40s,
> he only likes the EARLY 40s, when Hitler was still
> kicking around.
I wonder how much he REALLY knows about the 40's... He acts like a Music historian and he can't tell Carly Simon from Carole King, he thought Ritchie Blackmore sang for Deep Purple...

Posted by: Jimmie Russell ()
Date: May 24, 2013 04:34PM

peekza Wrote:
> Laaaaaughing Wrote:
> -----
> > 1940's Husband Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > 1940's father/husband? Really? Robb the 40's
> > were
> > > 70 fucking years ago...douchebag...
> >
> >
> > Wow, somebody listened? If Rob(b) likes the
> 40s,
> > he only likes the EARLY 40s, when Hitler was
> still
> > kicking around.
> I wonder how much he REALLY knows about the
> 40's... He acts like a Music historian and he
> can't tell Carly Simon from Carole King, he
> thought Ritchie Blackmore sang for Deep Purple...

Robb is probably implying that people back in the 1940's were normal, and wants people to think he identifies with this type of person.

Posted by: Future Cast ()
Date: May 24, 2013 05:41PM

Oscar and Robb are two middle aged men with limited talent who haven't been on an actual radio program in four years. Their broadcasting careers are over.

Posted by: Fuckface McGee ()
Date: May 24, 2013 06:35PM

Rob(b) thinks REPETITIVE + LOUD = FUNNY. It's that simple. "ONCOR!" "APRIIIIIL!" You know, shit like that. It's the fucking worst.

Posted by: 1940's Husband ()
Date: May 24, 2013 07:15PM

I guess Cary and Carla have jobs for the health insurance...so their breadwinners can play radio...
great gals if you can find 'em...

Posted by: Whattttt ()
Date: May 24, 2013 07:21PM

> years.

You mean the clip of Jeffrey Tambor on the Larry Sanders Show that Howard invented? That one, you ignorant fuck?

Posted by: NiggersFuckingMikesDaughters ()
Date: May 24, 2013 07:23PM

oc Wrote:
> Wasn't there a tantrum by Mike recently about the
> government taking away a huge amount from lottery
> winnings? Like, he was outraged?
> I was just listening to a Don and Mike show from
> around 2000 where they were talking about Who
> Wants To Be a Millionaire and they said how the
> guy would really get more like $550,000 after
> taxes. Mike wasn't surprised. Did he just
> forget??

It's called Korsakoff's syndrome and it's a symptom of really advanced alcoholism. A lot of AU graduates have it.

Date: May 24, 2013 07:35PM

Whattttt Wrote:
> Karas Black Boyfriend Wrote:
> -----
> > Not necessarily defending Robb....but Robb
> pounces
> > Oscar so often because Oscar doesn't know how
> to
> > talk. If him using incorrect words that
> frequently
> > is not a joke, then Robb is probably astounded
> > that he made it this far in the "radio" world.
> > Oscar went to college for the love of god...he
> can
> > not be that dumb! Everytime he says "damn it"
> when
> > he screws up, that has to be a gimmick. Also,
> I'm
> > a huge Howard Stern fan and I'm surprised that
> no
> > ones caught on to the fact that Oscar steals
> > sooooo much from Howard, including the "hey
> > now!!!" that Howard uses EVERYDAY for the past
> 10
> > years.
>
> You mean the clip of Jeffrey Tambor on the Larry
> Sanders Show that Howard invented? That one, you
> ignorant fuck?

I thought the same thing... "Hey Now" makes me think of Hank Kingsley... But I don't listen to Stern...

Posted by: ddd ()
Date: May 24, 2013 11:14PM

Mike couldn't make it a week as newsman and has already passed the segment off to Oscar. Surprised?

Posted by: firsttimecaller ()
Date: May 24, 2013 11:33PM

Like many people, I'm a few weeks behind on the failcast. I was never a huge Buzz fan, yet I'm not sure if I can listen to all kinds of BS about how Buzz "abandoned" the gang of alcoholics. Is it as bad as I imagine? Is it even worth listening to at this point for the enjoyment of hearing the show circle the drain?

Posted by: Putacorkinit ()
Date: May 25, 2013 02:34AM

What exactly are the impressions now? Liberace is Jack Cassidy without a catch phrase? It's all just such a mess. Mike needs a new reality show called "Escaping the Blob" and then maybe he can regain some dignity.

Posted by: Horseradish ()
Date: May 25, 2013 09:53AM

A little unintentional humor from Mike on Friday's TMOS: He read* an article from the Huffington Post about diminishing IQ scores. But his poor reading skills made me worry more about Mike as an individual than society as a whole.

*For Mike, "show prep" is scanning the news and finding articles to read on the air. He learned that from G. Gordon Liddy. But he would never pre-read any text. Pre-reading is for suckers. He learned that from Larry King.

Posted by: Horseradish ()
Date: May 25, 2013 10:01AM

Also... can anyone make sense of Mike's odd complaints about the new Boy Scouts policy?

The Scout leaders just voted to stop disqualifying kids because someone says they're gay.

Mike seems to think that they're giving out merit badges for gay sex now.

Posted by: stanica ()
Date: May 25, 2013 03:06PM

Did MOM show take down the podcasts where they went off on Buzz's departure? I saw many references here about it occuring on Friday's show. From the daes of those comments, that was May 17n show. There are shows missing from from that time period, both on their website and on iTunes.

Anyone have any insight? Or can tell me the number or title of the podcasts where they badmouth Buzz?

Posted by: enzo ()
Date: May 25, 2013 05:05PM

I have to say that I like Oscar's new entertainment update. Also, I think the show is better without Buzz. He was old, square and out-of-it and too much of a perv. Too fucking weird to have so many adult men who don't know anything at all about men shit. So that is all positive.

I would say now they must ditch the birthday stuff. That is really horrible. It makes the show seem old as most of the birthdays are for retired people. And it is not funny to force those impressions. Get rid of that shit.

Posted by: Scatter The Monkey ()
Date: May 25, 2013 05:18PM

...just think about how chapped Mike's ass must be.
Attachments:
image.jpg

Posted by: Whattttttt ()
Date: May 25, 2013 08:22PM

Yes, Fat Drunk Baby or the Jew, or both, have removed a week of shows.

Date: May 25, 2013 11:55PM

Whattttttt Wrote:
> Yes, Fat Drunk Baby or the Jew, or both, have
> removed a week of shows.

To erase Buzz from existence? Or what?

Posted by: Andrew Ryan ()
Date: May 26, 2013 01:13AM

Please be kidding, now that is just fucked...

Pray tell, who is hawking the ringtones on the website's VIP page????

Whose grinning maw????

Posted by: Observer Dude ()
Date: May 26, 2013 08:50AM

Buzz now has about 1000 more twitter followers than Mike, even after Mike's plea for followers.

Posted by: Scatter The Monkey ()
Date: May 26, 2013 10:17AM

Observer Dude Wrote:
> Buzz now has about 1000 more twitter followers
> than Mike, even after Mike's plea for followers.

Well that's fitting because Buzz is 1000 times more talented of a broadcaster than Mike. No amount of pleading is going to change that.

Posted by: Karas Black Boyfriend ()
Date: May 26, 2013 12:37PM

Howard is friends with Gary Shandling and told him that he loves the Hank Kingsley character...so Howard gives credit.
You honestly think that balding, fat-faced Oscar has ever heard of the Larry Sanders show? Oscar also referred to women as "yentas" a few weeks ago which is a daily word that Howard uses. You think Oscar has any idea what a yenta is?

Signed,
the ignorant fuck

Posted by: Joseph J Stalin ()
Date: May 26, 2013 12:47PM

Deleting all episodes associated with Buzz's departure. Very mature, classy and professional. Maybe they shouldn't have shit-talked a guy who stuck by their failing asses for four years. Maybe they should have taken the high road, like Buzz did.

Failure isn't what happens to you. Failure is a state of mind. These morons will always be failures based on their mindsets.

Date: May 26, 2013 01:44PM

> Howard is friends with Gary Shandling and told him
> that he loves the Hank Kingsley character...so
> Howard gives credit.
> You honestly think that balding, fat-faced Oscar
> has ever heard of the Larry Sanders show? Oscar
> also referred to women as "yentas" a few weeks ago
> which is a daily word that Howard uses. You think
> Oscar has any idea what a yenta is?
>
> Signed,
> the ignorant fuck

Chad uses Yenta daily... Think Oscar might have heard it from him?

Posted by: Kara ()
Date: May 26, 2013 02:28PM

Who the hell knows that show exists?

Posted by: Confused, Man ()
Date: May 26, 2013 02:58PM

Can somebody tell me about Buzz's departure? Why did he leave? Did they have a farewell show? I went to look at the podcast archive and, like some have said, there's a week missing...

Did they badmouth Buzz? What happened?!

Posted by: well adjusted ()
Date: May 26, 2013 03:24PM

Confused, Man Wrote:
> Can somebody tell me about Buzz's departure? Why
> did he leave? Did they have a farewell show? I
> went to look at the podcast archive and, like some
> have said, there's a week missing...
>
> Did they badmouth Buzz? What happened?!

Start reading her on page 220 here, it'll catch you up.

In short; he had had it, no farewell, they badmouthed a bit on 1 show that's gone now. Nobody knows.

Date: May 26, 2013 03:33PM

well adjusted Wrote:
> Confused, Man Wrote:
> -----
> > Can somebody tell me about Buzz's departure?
> Why
> > did he leave? Did they have a farewell show? I
> > went to look at the podcast archive and, like
> some
> > have said, there's a week missing...
> >
> > Did they badmouth Buzz? What happened?!
>
>
> Start reading her on page 220 here, it'll catch
> you up.
>
> In short; he had had it, no farewell, they
> badmouthed a bit on 1 show that's gone now. Nobody
> knows.

I just listened to the first 24 minutes of last Monday's show; it may have been most of the Buzz discussion, I don't know. I just stopped there. Because the whiny, self-pitying, self-righteous crap coming out of LFF's mouth and Rob(b)'s mouth finally got to me. Really? Buzz was never really part of the family? Let me translate: Buzz didn't think that Mike O'Meara was a broadcasting genius. What a collection of ass-clowns.

Posted by: John321 ()
Date: May 26, 2013 06:37PM

Any idea what RJ is doing lately? He just seems to have disappeared and whenever Mike talks about him his tone changes like he can't stand him anymore. Did they have a falling out or something?

Pages: PreviousFirst...217218219220221222223224225226227...LastNext
Current Page: 222 of 921

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.