HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Rising prison population, an undeclared national crisis
Posted by: Mofo ()
Date: April 02, 2008 05:30PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rising prison population, an undeclared national crisis
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: April 03, 2008 06:50AM

Well I wish them better luck in having an intelligent discussion on this subject then I have had on here. Whether we like it or not the truth is that the prison industry is a means of control that the majority weilds on/over the minority. Failing to recognize that (as most on here are unable to do) will fatality flaw any solutions to the problem.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rising prison population, an undeclared national crisis
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: April 03, 2008 03:34PM

file.php?40,file=2578
"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Options: ReplyQuote
s
Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: April 03, 2008 03:40PM

s



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2010 10:54PM by inkahootz.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rising prison population, an undeclared national crisis
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: April 03, 2008 05:35PM

that would be a big step in the right direction...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rising prison population, an undeclared national crisis
Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: April 03, 2008 05:44PM

Vince(1) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well I wish them better luck in having an
> intelligent discussion on this subject then I have
> had on here. Whether we like it or not the truth
> is that the prison industry is a means of control
> that the majority weilds on/over the minority.
> Failing to recognize that (as most on here are
> unable to do) will fatality flaw any solutions to
> the problem.


uh no the prison population is meant to control the criminals who prey on the general public.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rising prison population, an undeclared national crisis
Posted by: Mofo ()
Date: April 03, 2008 09:06PM

I agree, and most who are in prison deserve to be there. However, there is a rising trend in private prisons (they cost about a third of the cost to taxpayers than federal/state prisons) but these prisons trade their stock on the amount of prisoners they have (and thus get paid by the gov). This company, http://www.thegeogroupinc.com/index.html being a prime example.

And no matter how you look at it we imprison more people per capita and more people than anywhere in the world. China has over three times our population and less people in prison with a much less forgiving legal system.

ferfux Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Vince(1) Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Well I wish them better luck in having an
> > intelligent discussion on this subject then I
> have
> > had on here. Whether we like it or not the
> truth
> > is that the prison industry is a means of
> control
> > that the majority weilds on/over the minority.
> > Failing to recognize that (as most on here are
> > unable to do) will fatality flaw any solutions
> to
> > the problem.
>
>
> uh no the prison population is meant to control
> the criminals who prey on the general public.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rising prison population, an undeclared national crisis
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: April 03, 2008 09:24PM

>>over three times our population and less people in prison with a much less forgiving legal system.

It's a false metric employed by politicians to give us the impression that they are "fighting" for us. (i.e.- the larger the numbers, the better they are doing their jobs.) That's all it is. It's a convenient statistic that precludes rational thought. Most people believe it, and we all pay for it.

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 ********  **      **  **      **  **    **  **     ** 
    **     **  **  **  **  **  **   **  **   **     ** 
    **     **  **  **  **  **  **    ****    **     ** 
    **     **  **  **  **  **  **     **     ********* 
    **     **  **  **  **  **  **     **     **     ** 
    **     **  **  **  **  **  **     **     **     ** 
    **      ***  ***    ***  ***      **     **     ** 
This forum powered by Phorum.