HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Men's Shaving Razors: The Review Thread
Posted by: Hacked To Bits ()
Date: March 09, 2012 09:20PM

Ok, so here's my problem...I bow to the shaving supremacy that is the Gillette Mach 5. There is no question this is simply the finest shave short of a strait-razor available to today's man. However, the razor is too expensive for me.

At the other end of the spectrum is the Gillette Good News. Hell, I have to use 3 of those during ONE shave to get something resembling closeness and I cut myself to ribbons.

So, I've tried the Ferrari GTO of razors and I've tried the VW Bug of razors so now, I'd like some ideas on the Toyota Camry of razors. A razor that gives the best balance between performance, durability and price.

Discuss...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Men's Shaving Razors: The Review Thread
Posted by: Hackzrrd shit stirerzz ()
Date: March 09, 2012 09:25PM

This site was hacked to bits over the past few days...our were you not paying attention.

Posted by: some guy ()
Date: March 09, 2012 09:30PM

Braun electric. I forget the model I currently, but I've been using a Braun for 15+ years now and will never go back to a regular razor. Sure, the upfront cost is more, but I'm not replacing blades every other week so I see it as a wash over the life of the razor. (I change the head unit about once every 18 months or so, so there is *some* upkeep cost.)

I tried self-cleaning one (where you put the unit in the cleaning solution between shaves), but have reverted to the regular style as the cleaning solution irritated my skin.

The investment is pricey (especially the part about your skin getting used to it), but it's definitely worth it, IMO.

Posted by: 3 ()
Date: March 09, 2012 09:52PM

You can order gillette mach 3 disposable razors that work as well as the normal one but are significantly cheaper.

http://www.drugstore.com/gillette-mach3-disposable-razors-sensitive/qxp214265?catid=183778&fromsrch=gillette

Posted by: sam vest ()
Date: March 09, 2012 09:53PM

Don't click it, it's a web bug

Posted by: nick face ()
Date: March 09, 2012 10:25PM

I tried those Bic disposables just once. Used one threw the rest away. My face looked like hamburger after I was done.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.