HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Marijuana possession charge in VA
Posted by: Alexdude515 ()
Date: January 24, 2012 09:16PM

I was recently arrested for a possession of marijuana charge. The officers found my pipe which field tested positive for residue of marijuana. I was completely compliant and they released me on my own recognizance and I was not taken anywhere. I have court in a couple of weeks for this charge and was wondering what my chances are that it will be dropped to a paraphenalia charge or that it will be dropped entirely. If neither of those can be possible, how can I keep my license from the 6 month suspension?

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marijuana possession charge in VA
Posted by: Damn Hippies ()
Date: January 24, 2012 09:36PM

If you fight it they'll put you on the sex offender registry.

Posted by: alh ()
Date: January 24, 2012 09:38PM

Let me guess, you're less than two weeks from your court date and are panicked...

You should lawyer up if you want any chance of the charge being lessened.

Posted by: theres ways ()
Date: January 24, 2012 10:04PM

If its the first time youve ever been in trouble theres a very good chance that you can get off it. I believe its called like a 281 or something but you might be able to go to some substance abuse thing and upon successful completion have it dropped.

You could also enroll on your own so that when court comes up you can say your already helping yourself and learned from your mistake and the usual too if you really wanted.

Lawyer would be a good idea too, but if you werent high while driving and its youre first charge for that they wont be out to ruin your life, more to send a message to you hoping youll learn from it and change your ways

Posted by: friskydingo ()
Date: January 24, 2012 10:06PM

Your chances of having it dropped on your own are slim to none. Acquire a lawyer and if this is your first offence you are eligible for what they call "disposition .251." Disposition 251 allows you to go through probation, community service, and a 'treatment' program. Your driver's license will also be suspended for six months. But after a year from your court date with no further incidents the case will be dismissed.

It beats being a convicted criminal.

Consult an attorney and good luck.

Posted by: Ding an sich ()
Date: January 24, 2012 10:35PM

Did you just pull it out and say "here, office, my pipe!", or did they search you? If they searched you, why did they search you? Why were they speaking with you to begin with? Have you broken any other laws?

Much more information is needed to say anything definitively.

Whatever you do, make sure your system is clean on the day of court. It is quite possible you may be tested.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.