HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Posted by: 4 more years, II ()
Date: January 06, 2012 09:01AM

Darn - Obama's policies keep on improving the economy!

What is he doing WRONG!?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/unemployment-rate-falls-economy-adds-133221965.html

========

The People, of course, will see this and vote accordingly.

Bet on it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Posted by: Sam Sung a good toon ()
Date: January 06, 2012 09:13AM

4 more years, II Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Darn - Obama's policies keep on improving the
> economy!
>
> What is he doing WRONG!?

He told me unemployment would be held below 8%. It is still above 8%. He either lied or has no concept on how to handle the situation. He needs to be replaced.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Date: January 06, 2012 09:33AM

Sam Sung a good toon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 4 more years, II Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Darn - Obama's policies keep on improving the
> > economy!
> >
> > What is he doing WRONG!?
>
> He told me unemployment would be held below 8%.
> It is still above 8%. He either lied or has no
> concept on how to handle the situation. He needs
> to be replaced.

Bush told you we would be out of Iraq in 6 months and that it would cost $60 million, which the Iraqis would pay back. You voted for him anyway, so shut the fuck up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Posted by: Sam Sung a good toon ()
Date: January 06, 2012 09:52AM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sam Sung a good toon Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > 4 more years, II Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Darn - Obama's policies keep on improving the
> > > economy!
> > >
> > > What is he doing WRONG!?
> >
> > He told me unemployment would be held below 8%.
>
> > It is still above 8%. He either lied or has no
> > concept on how to handle the situation. He
> needs
> > to be replaced.
>
> Bush told you we would be out of Iraq in 6 months
> and that it would cost $60 million, which the
> Iraqis would pay back. You voted for him anyway,
> so shut the fuck up.

I never voted for Bush. I voted for Obama. Bush's failures and flaws were apparent from day one, so I don't really relish in them. Obama, on the other hand, said one thing and did another. He will not get my support this time. If Romney somehow makes it through the nomination process, I will give him serious consideration. If I find him to be a Bush clone, I will vote for Gary Johnson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Posted by: barry barry bo barry ()
Date: January 06, 2012 09:55AM

Barry will win again as soon as the media lapdogs figure out which Republican candidate is left to attack. No chance of the media ever giving any press to obamas three trillion dollar stimulus waste and especially none to Solyndra.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: January 06, 2012 10:05AM

How many were seasonal?

__________________________________
That's not a ladybug, that's a cannapiller.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Posted by: barry barry bo barry ()
Date: January 06, 2012 10:08AM

Warhawk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How many were seasonal?

It was the Christmas hires that bumped it but dont let facts get in the way of the media prasing their king.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Date: January 06, 2012 10:42AM

Sam Sung a good toon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [President Obama] told me unemployment would be
> held below 8%. It is still above 8%. He either
> lied or has no concept on how to handle the
> situation. He needs to be replaced.

The question you should ask yourself is: Would a
President McSame have done a better job with the
economy than has President Obama? To me, the
answer is: No way in hell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I'm not concerned about the very poor." – Willard "Mitt" Romney, February 1, 2012

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Posted by: Net Detective ()
Date: January 06, 2012 10:54AM

Eyes of the Weasel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sam Sung a good toon Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > told me unemployment would be
> > held below 8%. It is still above 8%. He either
> > lied or has no concept on how to handle the
> > situation. He needs to be replaced.
>
> The question you should ask yourself is: Would a
> President McSame have done a better job with the
> economy than has President Obama? To me, the
> answer is: No way in hell.


How many names can you post under in one day? You do know you have a tell, right?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Posted by: playa ()
Date: January 06, 2012 10:58AM

4 more years, II Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Darn - Obama's policies keep on improving the
> economy!
>
> What is he doing WRONG!?
>
> http://finance.yahoo.com/news/unemployment-rate-fa
> lls-economy-adds-133221965.html
>
> ========
>

Of course. Why even have the election? Obama's a shoo in! He's so popular, and I'm sure that this spike had nothing to do with the holiday season! In other words, those jobs are permanent.
> The People, of course, will see this and vote
> accordingly.
>
> Bet on it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Date: January 06, 2012 11:10AM

barry barry bo barry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Warhawk Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > How many were seasonal?
>
> It was the Christmas hires that bumped it but dont
> let facts get in the way of the media prasing
> their king.


The numbers are always seasonally adjusted, dumbass. It's a net gain. Sorry you can't handle the truth.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: January 06, 2012 11:25AM

The volatility of BLS stats haven't changed with their latest press release this morning.

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

Another 50,000 unemployed workers were simply dropped from the work force in December alone making it almost 2 million jobs less in the active labor force than when Obama took office.

Looking deeper let's take a look at table A-16.

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t16.htm

The "total not in the labor force" is particularly a sobering number. I know for a fact they are under on this stat also but regardless a shrinking labor force is not a good thing and massaging the primary unemployment number by a few basis points should only make you feel good if you are stupid.

Simply shifting 630,000 people from "Discouraged workers" to "Other persons marginally attached to the labor force" over a twelve month period is confusing for a good reason. It makes no sense.

For all you who don't want to wade the tables and stats let me brief on Dec 2011 BLS report and economic snapshot right now.

To do this let's start by going back to the minutes of the central bank's Dec. 13 policy meeting, released Tuesday, Fed officials noted the U.S. unemployment rate remained high despite a sizable drop in November. Though the U.S. economy looked stronger at the end of 2011, officials worried it could be hit by higher taxes and continued government layoffs in 2012, as well as repercussions from a likely recession in Europe. (I would also add refined fuel price volatility as a major factor)

Today's Labor Department data showed the biggest job gains for transportation and warehousing, which benefitted from seasonal hiring; retail; manufacturing; health care; and food services.

Still, for December there were 13.1 million unemployed, according to the household survey. A broader measure that accounts for both job seekers and part-time workers who would prefer to be working full time—the so-called underemployed—fell to 15.2% from 15.6% in November.

Today's report shows that Americans' hourly earnings rose by four cents to $23.24. Wages are up by 2.1% over the past 12 months, not keeping pace with overall inflation at 3.4%.

Overall nothing has changed structurally to support robust economic growth. Uncertainty is the "new norm" with Europe, our tax code, escalating federal deficit spending in conjunction with a decreasing private sector work force and revenue at the federal level.

Even if all of the above works out as soon as any substantial growth occurs we will see fuel prices spike.

Reality bites people.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Posted by: Aqua Buddha ()
Date: January 06, 2012 11:28AM

the answer lies in green energy...yeah thats it.. its all about windmills.....TILTING AT WINDMILLS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Posted by: Senator Sharrod Brown ()
Date: January 06, 2012 11:29AM

Sorry I had to skip town yesterday when Obama made his speech to all
the blacks in Cleveland about how wonderful he is but I had to attend
other matters. Not wise to be seen on stage with him in Ohio if you're
seeking reelection.

http://ohiolmi.com/laus/Ranking.pdf

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Posted by: Aqua Buddha ()
Date: January 06, 2012 11:35AM

A jobs program at this time would be very beneficial, not only for the unemployed but for our economy.
A 20 year program to rebuild our infrastructure, including water & sewers, roads & bridges, mass transportation, our buildings whether govt or educational, etc.
We have troops coming home that will need work and even companies like GE who benefit greatly by corporate welfare is continually cutting employees. Our people need jobs.
Sadly, the republicans will say we can't afford it while supporting massive military expenditures and very possibly wars with Syria & Iran.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Posted by: ConManConnolly ()
Date: January 06, 2012 11:47AM

Aqua Buddha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A jobs program at this time would be very
> beneficial, not only for the unemployed but for
> our economy.
> A 20 year program to rebuild our infrastructure,
> including water & sewers, roads & bridges, mass
> transportation, our buildings whether govt or
> educational, etc.
> We have troops coming home that will need work and
> even companies like GE who benefit greatly by
> corporate welfare is continually cutting
> employees. Our people need jobs.
> Sadly, the republicans will say we can't afford it
> while supporting massive military expenditures and
> very possibly wars with Syria & Iran.

You're right. We need more of those "shovel ready" jobs so we can
put more illegal aliens to work on projects like the Dulles Rail.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Posted by: WTL wrong (yet again) ()
Date: January 06, 2012 12:00PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> barry barry bo barry Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Warhawk Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > How many were seasonal?
> >
> > It was the Christmas hires that bumped it but
> dont
> > let facts get in the way of the media prasing
> > their king.
>
>
> The numbers are always seasonally adjusted,
> dumbass. It's a net gain. Sorry you can't handle
> the truth.

Yeah, you know more than the professional economists....

Private hiring soars; seasonal issues cloud gain

By Steven C. Johnson

NEW YORK | Thu Jan 5, 2012 4:54pm EST

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The jobs recovery gathered pace as a measure of private-sector hiring surged in December and claims for unemployment benefits fell, suggesting the battered labor market may continue to strengthen in 2012.

The ADP National Employment Report's December job tally of 325,000 surprised economists who had expected a gain of roughly half that size. It was also above the 204,000 private jobs added in November.

Many economists struck a note of caution, though, saying the number may have been distorted by seasonal factors

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Posted by: friskydingo ()
Date: January 06, 2012 12:05PM

ConManConnolly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> You're right. We need more of those "shovel ready"
> jobs so we can
> put more illegal aliens to work on projects like
> the Dulles Rail.
>



All I ever hear from the right wing is "THE SKY IS FALLING! The sky is falling! Illegal aliens, Obamacare, SOCIALISM, terrorism! Islamofacism! Founders! Patriots!

Like a fucking broken record for the past 10 years.

Things seem like they are on the up and up. People are optimistic; the stock market is doing well right now; 300,000 new jobs; Q4 2011 numbers look like they're going to be good.

 

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Posted by: do your homework ()
Date: January 06, 2012 12:11PM

"300,000 new jobs; Q4 2011"

Christmas temp hires, dont be fooled

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Posted by: hmmmm? ()
Date: January 06, 2012 12:12PM

Why does number of people participating in the labor force keep shrinking week to week?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Posted by: friskydingo ()
Date: January 06, 2012 12:12PM

do your homework Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "300,000 new jobs; Q4 2011"
>
> Christmas temp hires, dont be fooled


Its better than nothing

 

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Date: January 06, 2012 12:13PM

friskydingo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Things seem like they are on the up and up. People
> are optimistic; the stock market is doing well
> right now; 300,000 new jobs; Q4 2011 numbers look
> like they're going to be good.

The nutjob's problem is that voters optimistic about
the future of the ecomony will (rightly) credit
President Obama and his policies for turning things
around and are, therefore, FAR less likely to vote for
Wilbur in November. Tough titty for them, says I.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I'm not concerned about the very poor." – Willard "Mitt" Romney, February 1, 2012



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2012 12:14PM by Eyes of the Weasel.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: January 06, 2012 12:13PM

friskydingo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> do your homework Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > "300,000 new jobs; Q4 2011"
> >
> > Christmas temp hires, dont be fooled
>
>
> Its better than nothing

Until this month's numbers come out in Feb.

__________________________________
That's not a ladybug, that's a cannapiller.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Posted by: Net Detective ()
Date: January 06, 2012 12:20PM

Eyes of the Weasel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> friskydingo Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Things seem like they are on the up and up.
> People
> > are optimistic; the stock market is doing well
> > right now; 300,000 new jobs; Q4 2011 numbers
> look
> > like they're going to be good.
>
> The nutjob's problem is that voters optimistic
> about
> the future of the ecomony will (rightly) credit
> President Obama and his policies for turning
> things
> around and are, therefore, FAR less likely to vote
> for
> Wilbur in November. Tough titty for them, says I.


You let your tell slip again.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: January 06, 2012 12:21PM

I always like how liberal dullards only response is infrastructure, education/jobs programs, programs, programs and more programs. Must be a DNA thing.

1) Our infrastructure is in great shape and for the most part well maintained but for some reason we always need to "rebuild our crumbling infrastructure".

Why???....answer- To feed the unions tax payers money who then feed Democrats campaign coffers. For this reason we will always be on the brink of Armageddon concerning our infrastructure. (spare me the bridge collapse hysteria, it was an engineering flaw stupid)

2) I asked awhile back if anyone has ever known or works with a peer who is employed as a direct result of a Federal jobs program. I know of no one. But hell! Why not throw a couple of billion at it anyway!

And by no means let's not let a private company spend 6 billion on the XL pipeline for God's sake! Who needs potentially 60,000 well paying jobs in this country? Who needs all the extra revenue?


http://www.instituteforenergyresearch.org/keystonexl

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Posted by: Put your blinders back on ()
Date: January 06, 2012 12:34PM

All you need to do is look at Reagan's "progress" on unemployment and inflation at this point in his first term. If you hold him to the same standard you are holding Obama, his first term was largely a fairly until about the summer before the election.

Our infrastructure is not in great shape. Do you read anything? Or are the past decade worth of stories talking about bridges that fail inspections, that are 20 years past replacement date, and maintenance budgets that are empty just a product of the "liberal media"? Don't forget 100 year old water pipes and sewers that are falling apart since they were installed during Prohibition.

Those bridge assessments have come from plenty of "non-union" sources who are simply pointing out that these things are in dire need of replacement. Unfortunately it is going to take some more deaths to get the GOP off the bench to address the problems. Idiots like you will probably think the AFL-CIO planted a bomb on it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: January 06, 2012 12:44PM

friskydingo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Things seem like they are on the up and up. People
> are optimistic;

I don't know about that, 2012 is here. The end of the world is coming. ;)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: January 06, 2012 01:30PM

Put your blinders back on Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All you need to do is look at Reagan's "progress"
> on unemployment and inflation at this point in his
> first term. If you hold him to the same standard
> you are holding Obama, his first term was largely
> a fairly until about the summer before the
> election.
>
> Our infrastructure is not in great shape. Do you
> read anything? Or are the past decade worth of
> stories talking about bridges that fail
> inspections, that are 20 years past replacement
> date, and maintenance budgets that are empty just
> a product of the "liberal media"? Don't forget
> 100 year old water pipes and sewers that are
> falling apart since they were installed during
> Prohibition.
>
> Those bridge assessments have come from plenty of
> "non-union" sources who are simply pointing out
> that these things are in dire need of replacement.
> Unfortunately it is going to take some more
> deaths to get the GOP off the bench to address the
> problems. Idiots like you will probably think the
> AFL-CIO planted a bomb on it.


I told you not to play the collapsing bridge thing but you did anyway.

You are ill informed and ignorant of the facts concerning American infrastructure. But don't be ashamed you are part of the herd mentality and conventional wisdom when it comes to parroting information concerning our infrastructure.

In short you are stupid but in good company!

When you here everyone yapping the same bullshit on any given issue you really need to consider looking deeper into the facts before you jump on the bandwagon or worse yet become the grand master of the idiot parade.

Let's look at a few of the pop crisis issues folks have fallen for over the years.

1- Japan will own the United States!... Popular belief in the early 1980's right before they entered "The Lost decade". (which they are still in almost 30 years later)

2- The polar ozone holes will destroy the earth... Also made popular in the 80's. As soon as reputable scientists reminded us of basic 8th grade science studies it went away. Came to find out ozone is produced naturally by UV light splitting apart O2 molecules, and then the oxygen ions recombine to form ozone O3 molecules in the stratosphere.
Shazzam!! During polar winters there is no uv radiation so an ozone layer thinning (not hole) naturally occurs in the atmosphere! you will never hear of the O3 hole again!

3- Anthropogenic Global Warming- Judging by your propensity to believe anything that supports your fatalistic and flawed outlook on life you are most likely still falling for this bullshit scam also. But rest easy my friend! Man doesn't have, and never will, the ability to control or effect global weather patterns.

It wasn't long ago people would be thought crazy for such nonsense. just like the examples above this will also pass sooner rather than later and we will look back and chuckle at your naivety.

Good news is you have sparked another thread. (on the infrastructure thing)

Look for it soon!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Posted by: Holy Cow ()
Date: January 06, 2012 01:31PM

More Complete Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't know about that, 2012 is here. The end of
> the world is coming. ;)

The GOP-tards will no doubt blame President Obama
for that, too.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Posted by: lollyland ()
Date: January 06, 2012 01:33PM

^^^ why is it obama is above criticism? I will admit Bush made big mistakes like Iraq and Afghanistan. Why cant the kool aid drinkers admit he is human.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Posted by: 90 percent are him ()
Date: January 06, 2012 02:45PM

Net Detective Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Eyes of the Weasel Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Sam Sung a good toon Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > told me unemployment would be
> > > held below 8%. It is still above 8%. He
> either
> > > lied or has no concept on how to handle the
> > > situation. He needs to be replaced.
> >
> > The question you should ask yourself is: Would
> a
> > President McSame have done a better job with
> the
> > economy than has President Obama? To me, the
> > answer is: No way in hell.
>
>
> How many names can you post under in one day? You
> do know you have a tell, right?

About 90 percent of the pro obama postings on here are from one guy who really really loves him and thinks hes the second coming.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Posted by: to pad their stats ()
Date: January 06, 2012 02:53PM

hmmmm? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why does number of people participating in the
> labor force keep shrinking week to week?


So they can say unemployment is lower when its really not lower, only the number of people looking for work is lower

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: January 06, 2012 03:05PM

to pad their stats Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hmmmm? Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Why does number of people participating in the
> > labor force keep shrinking week to week?
>
>
> So they can say unemployment is lower when its
> really not lower, only the number of people
> looking for work is lower

It's a pretty elementary move on the BLS's part. But there are enough stupid people who want to believe it making it an effective ploy.

Say we have a workforce of 100 people. 10 are currently unemployed giving us a 10% unemployment rate.

Let's decide that 2 of the unemployed are now not wanting to work and drop them from the equation. All of the sudden we have gone from 10% unemployment to 8% without creating any jobs. It's magic!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Posted by: to pad their stats ()
Date: January 06, 2012 03:12PM

mcsmack Wrote:

> It's a pretty elementary move on the BLS's part.
> But there are enough stupid people who want to
> believe it making it an effective ploy.
>
> Say we have a workforce of 100 people. 10 are
> currently unemployed giving us a 10% unemployment
> rate.
>
> Let's decide that 2 of the unemployed are now not
> wanting to work and drop them from the equation.
> All of the sudden we have gone from 10%
> unemployment to 8% without creating any jobs. It's
> magic!


Exactly. They are touting that the rate dropped but it still stayed above 8 percent even with all the seasonal employment, an increased number of layoffs last period, and the fact that most people are going to stop looking for work during the holidays and just try and enjoy them. That doesnt even count the people that have been looking for work for a year or two that have just given up entirely. The shirking labor force gives a better look at what is really going on right now. Its not that less people are unemployed, less people are just looking for jobs. The real unemployment rate is somewhere in the teens

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Posted by: Vexxxed ()
Date: January 06, 2012 03:14PM

90 percent are him Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Net Detective Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Eyes of the Weasel Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Sam Sung a good toon Wrote:
> > >
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > told me unemployment would be
> > > > held below 8%. It is still above 8%. He
> > either
> > > > lied or has no concept on how to handle the
> > > > situation. He needs to be replaced.
> > >
> > > The question you should ask yourself is:
> Would
> > a
> > > President McSame have done a better job with
> > the
> > > economy than has President Obama? To me, the
> > > answer is: No way in hell.
> >
> >
> > How many names can you post under in one day?
> You
> > do know you have a tell, right?
>
> About 90 percent of the pro obama postings on here
> are from one guy who really really loves him and
> thinks hes the second coming.
Attachments:
142587695_obama_zombies_answer_3_xlarge.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Posted by: Holy Cow ()
Date: January 06, 2012 03:18PM

mcsmack Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's a pretty elementary move on the BLS's part.
> But there are enough stupid people who want to
> believe it making it an effective ploy.
>
> Say we have a workforce of 100 people. 10 are
> currently unemployed giving us a 10% unemployment
> rate.
>
> Let's decide that 2 of the unemployed are now not
> wanting to work and drop them from the equation.
> All of the sudden we have gone from 10%
> unemployment to 8% without creating any jobs. It's
> magic!

You're not too dense to understand that the BLS conducts
telephone surveys, essentially polling, to determine how
many people have dropped out of the labor market, right?

You know that the BLS doesn't just make these numbers up.

upe numders."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Posted by: Net Detective ()
Date: January 06, 2012 03:29PM

Holy Cow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> mcsmack Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > It's a pretty elementary move on the BLS's
> part.
> > But there are enough stupid people who want to
> > believe it making it an effective ploy.
> >
> > Say we have a workforce of 100 people. 10 are
> > currently unemployed giving us a 10%
> unemployment
> > rate.
> >
> > Let's decide that 2 of the unemployed are now
> not
> > wanting to work and drop them from the
> equation.
> > All of the sudden we have gone from 10%
> > unemployment to 8% without creating any jobs.
> It's
> > magic!
>
> You're not too dense to understand that the BLS
> conducts
> telephone surveys, essentially polling, to
> determine how
> many people have dropped out of the labor market,
> right?
>
> You know that the BLS doesn't just make these
> numbers up.
>
> upe numders."


You need to learn how to hide your tell better. No matter what name you are using, it is obvious who you are. Remember, the eyes of a weasel are upon you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Posted by: upe numders ()
Date: January 06, 2012 03:31PM

Holy Cow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> upe numders."


That was a logical and cogent response. Along with making up facts, are you making up your own language now? Given your difficulty with English, I can understand why creating your own language would seem appealing to you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Date: January 06, 2012 03:40PM

mcsmack Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> Today's report shows that Americans' hourly
> earnings rose by four cents to $23.24. Wages are
> up by 2.1% over the past 12 months, not keeping
> pace with overall inflation at 3.4%.
>
>

Right there is a totally bogus statistic! Over HALF of America is earning LESS than $26K per year! Above that the share goes down exponentially. What matters is where the weighted average lies, not where the statistical median is. America is rapidly on its way to being a $8-12/hr toilet but, burdened with malfeasance costs that only a rich man can handle.

The answer is to repudiate the Austrian and Chicago School economics that got us to this point. The price and value of labor must go UP! You can't have an American Standard of Living and 3rd world compensation. The banking mafia is determined to draw the last drop of blood from us. The banksters must ALL be arrested, ALL banks nationalized, derivatives triaged and progressively nullified, and a true public money system implemented for starters.

To protect the people from the shock wave, the government should issue Allodial Title to all homeowners and private residences, thereby nullifying the debts. Part of the bargain is that the homeowner can only sell it back to the government. This will greatly stabilize the housing market, bring home prices back to what people can afford, and return homes to the original purpose of being places to live, not speculative investments.

Once people are secure in the homes, person, and possessions, the war against Big Finance Capital can get underway. The gross inequality of wealth fixed by a universal Allodial Title can be partially corrected by issuing bonds in the new nationalized currency. The working classes will get the greatest compensation, the poor will be on relief anyway, the middle will get fewer equalization bonds, the upper middle will have their homes, and the rich will be progressively taxed for the windfall of being forgiven the debts on their mansions.

Not only should the money supply should be protected by the full measure of the old New Deal regulation but, further guaranteed by the Death Penalty! Ancient China guaranteed their currency by the death penalty and their monetary system was sound and honest for over 500 years! If we had one or two banksters or politicians always swinging from a noose in front of Wall Street, that would be a powerful reminder to do the right thing with other people's money!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Posted by: Repuke-icans ()
Date: January 06, 2012 05:22PM

Republicans need to get on the ball and more aggressively start fucking up the economy and unemployment.

Fucking demotards and Obama always to trying to improve middle class Americans!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Posted by: .Barf ()
Date: January 06, 2012 05:27PM

WTL wrong (yet again) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > barry barry bo barry Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Warhawk Wrote:
> > >
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > How many were seasonal?
> > >
> > > It was the Christmas hires that bumped it but
> > dont
> > > let facts get in the way of the media prasing
> > > their king.
> >
> >
> > The numbers are always seasonally adjusted,
> > dumbass. It's a net gain. Sorry you can't
> handle
> > the truth.
>
> Yeah, you know more than the professional
> economists....
>
> Private hiring soars; seasonal issues cloud gain
>
> By Steven C. Johnson
>
> NEW YORK | Thu Jan 5, 2012 4:54pm EST
>
> NEW YORK (Reuters) - The jobs recovery gathered
> pace as a measure of private-sector hiring surged
> in December and claims for unemployment benefits
> fell, suggesting the battered labor market may
> continue to strengthen in 2012.
>
> The ADP National Employment Report's December job
> tally of 325,000 surprised economists who had
> expected a gain of roughly half that size. It was
> also above the 204,000 private jobs added in
> November.
>
> Many economists struck a note of caution, though,
> saying the number may have been distorted by
> seasonal factors


Hee hee. WTL pawned ONCE again. Perhaps he should have taken another month off before returning. He's still way to quick with angry outbursts causing him to post incorrect info.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Posted by: 90 percent are him ()
Date: January 06, 2012 05:45PM

.Barf Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WTL wrong (yet again) Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > barry barry bo barry Wrote:
> > >
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > Warhawk Wrote:
> > > >
> > >
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> >
> > >
> > > > -----
> > > > > How many were seasonal?
> > > >
> > > > It was the Christmas hires that bumped it
> but
> > > dont
> > > > let facts get in the way of the media
> prasing
> > > > their king.
> > >
> > >
> > > The numbers are always seasonally adjusted,
> > > dumbass. It's a net gain. Sorry you can't
> > handle
> > > the truth.
> >
> > Yeah, you know more than the professional
> > economists....
> >
> > Private hiring soars; seasonal issues cloud
> gain
> >
> > By Steven C. Johnson
> >
> > NEW YORK | Thu Jan 5, 2012 4:54pm EST
> >
> > NEW YORK (Reuters) - The jobs recovery gathered
> > pace as a measure of private-sector hiring
> surged
> > in December and claims for unemployment
> benefits
> > fell, suggesting the battered labor market may
> > continue to strengthen in 2012.
> >
> > The ADP National Employment Report's December
> job
> > tally of 325,000 surprised economists who had
> > expected a gain of roughly half that size. It
> was
> > also above the 204,000 private jobs added in
> > November.
> >
> > Many economists struck a note of caution,
> though,
> > saying the number may have been distorted by
> > seasonal factors
>
>
> Hee hee. WTL pawned ONCE again. Perhaps he
> should have taken another month off before
> returning. He's still way to quick with angry
> outbursts causing him to post incorrect info.


Hes ALWAYS posted incorrect info when it comes to politics, world affairs and Obama in particular

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: January 06, 2012 05:53PM

Holy Cow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> More Complete Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I don't know about that, 2012 is here. The end
> of
> > the world is coming. ;)
>
> The GOP-tards will no doubt blame President Obama
> for that, too.

Yeah but it will not matter because everyone will be dead. If everyone is dead and the world really does end, then there will be no one to blame it on! Crazy thought, I know. ;-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Posted by: NOVAman ()
Date: January 06, 2012 08:07PM

"MCSMACK" if you keep telling yourself useless rhetoric long enough, I guess you will start to believe it. Comparing our failing infrastructure crisis to myths, shows your lack of thought when writing on this forum. It also makes me wonder if your ever leave your house. Just driving down any major road these days with endless potholes, shows a lack of caring for "infrastructure". Bridges that haven't been maintained in years have collapsed, as in the 2007 Minneapolis bridge disaster. The American Society of Civil Engineers recently gave the United States all D grades in drinking water, highways, ports, railways, the electric grid, dams, schools, and subways. Not surprising considering the federal budget to bring these programs up to proper standard is about half of what it should be. You can actually SEE the potholes, cracks in federal buildings and bridges, the outages in electric grids, dirty water, and tile peeling in schools nationwide. Can you "hear", not "here" me now?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: January 07, 2012 07:11PM

NOVAman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "MCSMACK" if you keep telling yourself useless
> rhetoric long enough, I guess you will start to
> believe it. Comparing our failing infrastructure
> crisis to myths, shows your lack of thought when
> writing on this forum. It also makes me wonder if
> your ever leave your house. Just driving down any
> major road these days with endless potholes, shows
> a lack of caring for "infrastructure". Bridges
> that haven't been maintained in years have
> collapsed, as in the 2007 Minneapolis bridge
> disaster. The American Society of Civil Engineers
> recently gave the United States all D grades in
> drinking water, highways, ports, railways, the
> electric grid, dams, schools, and subways. Not
> surprising considering the federal budget to bring
> these programs up to proper standard is about half
> of what it should be. You can actually SEE the
> potholes, cracks in federal buildings and bridges,
> the outages in electric grids, dirty water, and
> tile peeling in schools nationwide. Can you
> "hear", not "here" me now?

"The American Society of Civil Engineers
recently gave the United States all D grades in
drinking water, highways, ports, railways, the
electric grid, dams, schools, and subways."

No shit???!! The American Society of Civil Engineers you say??!! well I'll fuck a monkey's uncle!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: January 07, 2012 09:04PM

Also thanks for posting something that was covered in the OP on that thread dumbshit. You're a fucking genius.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oh gee, look at that - unemployment lowest in 3 years
Posted by: Net Defective ()
Date: January 07, 2012 10:18PM

mcsmack Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'll fuck a monkey's uncle!

Yes, I'm sure you will.

> Also thanks for posting something
> that was covered in the OP on that
> thread dumbshit. You're a fucking
> genius.

Thanks for confirming that you cannot
defend your specious assertion that
our infrastructure isn't crumbling.

Good night, toad.

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 **    **  ********   **     **   ******    **     ** 
 ***   **  **     **  **     **  **    **    **   **  
 ****  **  **     **  **     **  **           ** **   
 ** ** **  **     **  *********  **   ****     ***    
 **  ****  **     **  **     **  **    **     ** **   
 **   ***  **     **  **     **  **    **    **   **  
 **    **  ********   **     **   ******    **     ** 
This forum powered by Phorum.