HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Abercrombie Displays Called Obscene
Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: February 04, 2008 01:53PM

Abercrombie Displays Called Obscene
AP

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (Feb. 4) - Police confiscated two display photos of scantily clad men and a woman from an Abercrombie & Fitch store and cited the manager on a misdemeanor obscenity charge, authorities said.

Abercrombie.com
One of the images that Virginia Beach police confiscated on Saturday is shown on Abercrombie & Fitch's web site.

The police issued the summons Saturday after Abercrombie management did not heed warnings to remove the images from the Lynnhaven Mall store after some customers complained, police spokesman Adam Bernstein said.

One photograph showed three shirtless young men, with one man's upper buttocks showing. The other image was of a woman whose breast was mostly exposed, authorities said.

City code makes it a crime to display "obscene materials in a business that is open to juveniles," Bernstein said.

Bernstein said police charged the manager because there is no legal way to issue a summons to a corporate entity in such circumstances. If convicted, the manager faces a fine of up to $2,000 and as much as a year in jail.

The manager declined to comment, saying that he was waiting for guidance from corporate officials at the New Albany, Ohio-based retailer. A telephone message left for an Abercrombie spokeswoman Sunday night was not immediately returned.

Abercrombie & Fitch has earned a reputation for its risque catalogues and promotional photography featuring scantily clothed models. In 2003, the company halted publication of its 7-year-old A&F Quarterly catalog because of complaints about sexually suggestive photographs.

In 2004, it agreed to pay $50 million to settle a lawsuit that accused the company of promoting whites over minorities and cultivating a virtually all-white image.

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Abercrombie Displays Called Obscene
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: February 04, 2008 09:59PM

virginia beach can go fuck themselves. they are just like fairfax city, stuck up snobs who feel they have a moral superiority to the rest of the world. swearing in public is also a crime, even if you are just talking to yourself (eg: you look at your watch, realize you are late and say "oh fuck!").

i hope a nice big hurricane pays them a visit.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Mc Ronald ()
Date: February 04, 2008 10:34PM

Gravis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> virginia beach can go fuck themselves. they are
> just like fairfax city, stuck up snobs who feel
> they have a moral superiority to the rest of the
> world. swearing in public is also a crime, even
> if you are just talking to yourself (eg: you look
> at your watch, realize you are late and say "oh
> fuck!").
>
> i hope a nice big hurricane pays them a visit.

LMFAO

So when will cussing on da intraweb become a crime?

Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: February 06, 2008 04:07PM

i saw that picture... its nothing..

i mean, i've seen straight nudity at abercrombie before... (on the bags, not in the changing room)

Posted by: VirginiaBaptist ()
Date: February 07, 2008 10:26PM

I think its outrageous to have that kind of smut in a public place! I agree. Little children could see that. And let's face it, it really does imply that they are all gay lovers.

Posted by: low ()
Date: February 08, 2008 01:36AM

Abercrombie is a piece of shit store that exploits and sexualizes young children. They know that the too busy, uninvolved, clueless mom of today, will buy the crap.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.