HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
USA Standard of Living DROPS
Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: October 19, 2011 10:13PM

http://www.cnbc.com/id/44962589

Bottom line: The average individual now has $1,315 less in disposable income than he or she did three years ago at the onset of the Great Recession – even though the recession ended, technically speaking, in mid-2009. That means less money to spend at the spa or the movies, less for vacations, new carpeting for the house, or dinner at a restaurant.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: USA Standard of Living DROPS
Posted by: Mr. Jones ()
Date: October 19, 2011 10:26PM

And tell me again how drastic decreased spending is going to solve that problem.

Date: October 19, 2011 10:27PM

I will take a punch in the gut today over a stab in the gut sometime next week anyday.

Don't be a fag, Jonesy.

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Posted by: Ellipsis ()
Date: October 19, 2011 10:42PM

Good.

If the people are made to hurt by the regime's disastrous meddling in the economy, they will become desperate, and perhaps then they might take up arms.

Posted by: Yucky24. ()
Date: October 19, 2011 11:33PM

Pfft.

You think it's bad now?

Just wait until Whites become an ethnic minority and non-White hispanics become the new majority.

Whites went from being about 80% of the population a couple decades ago to about 63% today.

Whites are projected to become less than 50% of the population in about 15 years.

Non-White hispanics are projected to become the new ethnic majroity in about 30 years.

We're about to become a nation full of 3rd world, shit skinned, low IQ, school flunk out, welfare leeching, crime infested, spics...

You politically correct leftists (and rightists...) can rage about how amazing diversity is until you pass out, but we all know that's the fucking death of America.

Who knows what the fuck is going to happen then.

Since Whites have been so thoroughly brainwashed with self-loathing, I seriously doubt they'll FINALLY unify and get "nationalistic".

They'll probably just do what White people always do these days when obama supporters try to follow and leech off them: Flee.

Expect to see massive amounts of White flight to Canada or some shit.

Posted by: SoylentGreen ()
Date: October 20, 2011 05:22AM

WingNut Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I will take a punch in the gut today over a stab
> in the gut sometime next week anyday.
>
> Don't be a fag, Jonesy.
Attachments:
4UicUWRy6.jpg

Posted by: Curmudgeon ()
Date: October 20, 2011 07:43AM

Problem is you're asking to get punched in the gut today and shot in the face in the future.

Posted by: Hay Zeus ()
Date: October 20, 2011 08:09AM

Mr. Jones Wrote:
> And tell me again how drastic decreased spending
> is going to solve that problem.

Because NOT all the spending is justified. For example if the Gov't is willy nilly giving out a $1Billion in green grants to 10 lithium battery manufacturing companies, that will collectively produce 100million units when the market demands only 100,000 Yes, I'm exaggerating the numbers but my point is to highlight the principal of what the Obama administration is doing. Then the Gov't is just pissing away tax dollars away because 9 of those companies will go out of business.

"It's hard to sell electric car batteries when the market for electric cars is so small. Electric cars are expected to make up less than 1% of car sales by 2018, but that hasn't stopped the feds from financing a glut of battery makers. Some 48 different battery technology and electric vehicle projects received federal money as part of the Administration's August 2009 announcement, including such corporate giants as Johnson Controls and General Motors."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204346104576637061152676584.html?KEYWORDS=your+cash+for+their+clunkers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2011 08:12AM by Hay Zeus.

Posted by: Mong0Lloyd ()
Date: October 20, 2011 09:32AM

The standard of living has been going down since 1968. The advent of modern techno-toys, gimmicks, growth of McJobs, and easy credit was created to make the serfs believe they were still living the American Dream.

The standard of living is better measured by how many are able to access the fruits of science and industry and, most importantly, be able to secure stable income whereby major purchases can be made on credit and paid off. If one's time horizon is shrinking because of uncertainly and economic volatility, then how can anybody sign onto a long time commitment, like a mortgage or marriage? Shrinking time horizons are concrete proof of entropic collapse in the economy.

Consider the economy before 1968. Private aircraft were almost as easy to buy and operate as a Cadillac or Lincoln. Men could bring the family home on one paycheck. Our coins were 90% silver until 1964. Stable employment. Whites still had some fight left in them. A full-set industrial economy that could employ the largest cross section of the population. High capital investment in jobs related to textiles and manufacturing. The tax code still prevented cancerous wealth from accumulating at the very top. JFK's reduction in the top tax rate upset the finely balanced revenue system and New Deal economy that was working just fine. By 1968, we were still coasting on the success of FDR's New Deal economic architecture but, negligence, malfeasance, and LBJ's War was placing stress on it that finally broke it in 1971.

The standard of living has been dropping since 1968 by any metric you want to measure with. People have been able to compensate by accepting substitution of inferior things for what they used to have. What's new is that we've hit the bottom and even grossly inferior substitutions aren't available. That is forcing a quantum drop in standard of living instead of gradual loss. Unlike the 1930's, Americans don't know how to live that low and today's anti-white political fabric is designed to prevent organic solidarity among the proles. THAT is the big news in this whole standard of living discussion.

Date: October 20, 2011 09:48AM

There hasn't been an increase in real income since Reagan.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Date: October 20, 2011 09:49AM

Let me guess, Mongo...

Return to the Gold Standard?

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Date: October 20, 2011 09:53AM

Hay Zeus Wrote:
> Mr. Jones Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > And tell me again how drastic decreased
> spending
> > is going to solve that problem.
>
>
> >
> "It's hard to sell electric car batteries when the
> market for electric cars is so small. Electric
> cars are expected to make up less than 1% of car
> sales by 2018, but that hasn't stopped the feds
> from financing a glut of battery makers. Some 48
> different battery technology and electric vehicle
> projects received federal money as part of the
> Administration's August 2009 announcement,
> including such corporate giants as Johnson
> Controls and General Motors."
>
>

Hell, I'd buy an electric car if the automakers would fire the dysfunctional assholes in the styling studios and return to visually pleasing lines on cars! This "X-treme" trend is exhausted. From the beginning, it was all about seeing how far a car can be made to look like a 13 year old's comic book car or something that looks like a refrigerator shipping box for dorks who want an ugly car they can feel sorry for.

Revive the old early 1960's Chevy II body, make it lighter, slap in the GM EV-1 drivetrain with extra lead-acid batteries. Lithium batteries could be an option if you wanted to pay for them. Basic car $20K out the door. An electric car like that would sell big and I'd buy one.

Date: October 20, 2011 09:57AM

I would like to see a plastic 60's Chevy Nova body with an electric or hybrid engine.

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: October 20, 2011 10:17AM

WingNut Wrote:
> http://www.cnbc.com/id/44962589
>
>
> Bottom line: The average individual now has $1,315
> less in disposable income than he or she did three
> years ago at the onset of the Great Recession –
> even though the recession ended, technically
> speaking, in mid-2009. That means less money to
> spend at the spa or the movies, less for
> vacations, new carpeting for the house, or dinner
> at a restaurant.

No surprise here. Many, many people who have been able to stay employed have not received any increase in pay. Meanwhile, fuel and food are more expensive (but there's minimal inflation!1!1!!1), health care cost sharing is going up. All of that slowly eats away the same paycheck. Welcome to the slow painful death of America
>

Date: October 20, 2011 10:33AM

WingNut Wrote:
> Let me guess, Mongo...
>
> Return to the Gold Standard?

I'm not a big fan of the Gold Standard. Basing a currency on a commodity that one does not have exclusive control over is foolish. Gold is in many foreign central banks, which makes it easy for foreign nations to manipulate it to our disadvantage. JFK's United States Notes was definitely in the right direction! It would be a publicly-held money supply, the Note's value partially backed by silver and the highest quality Treasury bonds. Congress would be restored to its Constitutional charge to regulate the value of it. Silver, and secured Treasury bonds, would have made JFK's United States Notes a very stable and sound paper currency. With all tax revenue going to the U.S. Treasury instead of the private Fed, the United States Note would be better than gold. But, the Fed banksters sent out goons to assassinate JFK to prevent him from dissolving the Fed, as he planned to do.

We'd also have to do what the ancient Chinese dynasties did. Guarantee the integrity of the paper currency with the DEATH PENALTY! The ancient Chinese had sound paper currency that would last for centuries! They knew that corrupt and debauched currency would cause the death and suffering of millions so, let the punishment anticipate those crimes! Lenin brilliantly pointed that out but, he used that knowledge to attack western economies. America has not only adopted the cancer but, is spreading it on a scale that would astonish Lenin!

I'm familiar with the arguments that gold has been money for thousands of years. I've even heard the comparison of comparing $100 in Fed Notes vs. $100 in gold in 1913 and holding them both until today. A frivolous argument because nobody has that kind of time horizon to work with. The New Deal made 30 year time horizons possible but, those days were stolen from us. Nowadays, people do well to plan a year in advance, in today's chaos! Without a king's mark or government law to fix the value of gold, relative to domestic or vital assets, gold is just another Greater Fool Theory investment game.

Historically, gold is the money of kings and central banks. Silver is the money of gentlemen and nobles. Barter is the money of commoners. Debt is the money of slaves.

Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: October 20, 2011 10:56AM

Warhawk Wrote:
> WingNut Wrote:
> -----
> > http://www.cnbc.com/id/44962589
> >
> >
> > Bottom line: The average individual now has
> $1,315
> > less in disposable income than he or she did
> three
> > years ago at the onset of the Great Recession
> –
> > even though the recession ended, technically
> > speaking, in mid-2009. That means less money to
> > spend at the spa or the movies, less for
> > vacations, new carpeting for the house, or
> dinner
> > at a restaurant.
>
>
> No surprise here. Many, many people who have been
> able to stay employed have not received any
> increase in pay. Meanwhile, fuel and food are
> more expensive (but there's minimal
> inflation!1!1!!1), health care cost sharing is
> going up. All of that slowly eats away the same
> paycheck. Welcome to the slow painful death of
> America
> >

It's notable that this recession hit the lower upper class (individuals earning between 100K to 200K per year) upper and middle management positions layoffs were and are prevalent especially at the beginning. Remember everyone calling it a "white collar" recession.

Fact is people move fluidly in and out of all income levels. Conventional wisdom seems to be that the rich get richer and the poor get poorer but historically that isn't the case. When I graduated in 1983 the first job I took payed $8.50 per hour and I thought at that time I was middle class. 5 years after going into business I was paying myself $500.00 per week salary and thought I was doing well employing 3 people. The business has grown exponentially and now it's crazy how much I'm worth. but I'm an example of the "poor getting richer" and staying here. Some folks make it to the top only to lose it all. So the poor get poorer, thepoor get richer, the rich get poorer and yes, the rich get richer.

What gets me is how the rich are vilified in the current climate. We are all better off and enjoying a better lifestyle because of the rich. The 99%ers rail against David Koch for instance but I don't hear them demanding that the Lincoln Center, Sloan Kettering, a fertility clinic at New York-Presbyterian Hospital and the American Museum of Natural History return all the charitable donations they've received. The New York State Theater at Lincoln Center, home of the New York City Opera and New York City Ballet was renamed the David H. Koch Theater in 2008 following a gift of 100 million dollars for the renovation of the theater. Condé Nast Portfolio described him as "one of the most generous but low-key philanthropists in America.

He has provided the citizenry of New York world class arts, cultural and health resources and for all that he's picketed because he also is a conservative. Oh and did I mention his companies employ over 60,000 people world wide?

This place would suck if it wasn't for people creating (not taking) wealth. If you don't believe me take a visit to Zucchini Park.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2011 10:58AM by mcsmack.

Posted by: Misery index ()
Date: October 20, 2011 12:20PM

No more t-bones in our home, all alpo and tap water here.

Posted by: Mr. Jones ()
Date: October 20, 2011 03:19PM

Hay Zeus Wrote:
> Mr. Jones Wrote:
> -----
> > And tell me again how drastic decreased
> spending
> > is going to solve that problem.
>
>
> Because NOT all the spending is justified. For
> example if the Gov't is willy nilly giving out a
> $1Billion in green grants to 10 lithium battery
> manufacturing companies, that will collectively
> produce 100million units when the market demands
> only 100,000 Yes, I'm exaggerating the numbers
> but my point is to highlight the principal of what
> the Obama administration is doing. Then the Gov't
> is just pissing away tax dollars away because 9 of
> those companies will go out of business.
>
> "It's hard to sell electric car batteries when the
> market for electric cars is so small. Electric
> cars are expected to make up less than 1% of car
> sales by 2018, but that hasn't stopped the feds
> from financing a glut of battery makers. Some 48
> different battery technology and electric vehicle
> projects received federal money as part of the
> Administration's August 2009 announcement,
> including such corporate giants as Johnson
> Controls and General Motors."
>
> http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100014240529702043
> 46104576637061152676584.html?KEYWORDS=your+cash+fo
> r+their+clunkers

Im not for unnecessary spending...BUTTT, then again money spent necessarily or unnecessarily does create demand. And again, even if you are correct, eliminate all the unnecessary spending you want, how does that improve anything economically in the short run? Inflation is hardly out of control.

Posted by: Ellipsis ()
Date: October 20, 2011 07:02PM

Mong0Lloyd - I see the ghost of Keynes in your writing.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.