HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three.
Posted by: lockout ()
Date: October 02, 2011 09:10PM

nignugz

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three.
Posted by: Peek- a- Boo ()
Date: October 03, 2011 12:21AM

lockout Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> nignugz

Much easier to zawsaw the hinges, no?

Re: I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three.
Posted by: Yahweh ()
Date: October 03, 2011 12:37AM

I think a lock picker can tell which way to turn a lock to unlock it...
Other than that, your logic is perfect.

Posted by: bloody blisters ()
Date: October 03, 2011 01:42AM

right cause kicking a door down requires no locksmith.

Attachments:

Posted by: bloody blisters ()
Date: October 03, 2011 01:43AM

dont forget the windows. THE WINDOWS MAN.

Attachments:

Posted by: lockout ()
Date: October 03, 2011 02:02AM

im glad you people take everything SO srsly.

Posted by: jdfskjdflskj ()
Date: October 03, 2011 11:51AM

Yahweh Wrote:
> I think a lock picker can tell which way to turn a
> lock to unlock it...
> Other than that, your logic is perfect.

you're absolutely right, but his logic sucks. a professional lock picker can open the average lock in less than a minute. Even if all the locks were a different style and brand, it would only take about 10 minutes, if that.

Posted by: Spybot ()
Date: October 03, 2011 12:06PM

bloody blisters Wrote:
> dont forget the windows. THE WINDOWS MAN.

+1

As for locks, a lock pick can easily tell which way to turn the lock. You can feel which turn pulls the bolt. You can also sometimes hear the bolt.

Posted by: Olde Farte ()
Date: October 03, 2011 12:40PM

Yahweh Wrote:
> I think a lock picker can tell which way to turn a
> lock to unlock it...

I once lived in a townhouse - on one side lived a lock pick, on the other side a neighbor who, one day, locked himself out of the house.

Said neighbor went next door to ask the lockpick neighbor to help.

The lockpick neighbor was totally drunk - could not stand up without assistance; but he readily said a neighborly "Sure!" anyway. He was assisted to the locked door (no small feat given the number of steps down and up between two townhouses), was propped up against the locked out neighbor in front of the locked door, pulled out his little pick tool kit, and had the door open in, literally, less than 10 seconds.

Eye opening.

Posted by: LMOAZ ()
Date: October 03, 2011 12:58PM

I have seen the same thing from drunk redneck friends who are lock picks. They put one pick in to hold pressure and then a second rake pick. They can trigger the lock open in less than a minute.

That's why in the State of Virginia if you don't have a locksmith license it is illegal to have locking tools on you. It's a class 5 felony.

VA - Virginia Code of Virginia - Section 18.2-94 - Possession of burglarious tools, etc.If any person have in his possession any tools, implements or outfit, with intent to commit burglary, robbery or larceny, upon conviction thereof he shall be guilty of a Class 5 felony. The possession of such burglarious tools, implements or outfit by any person other than a licensed dealer, shall be prima facie evidence of an intent to commit burglary, robbery or larceny.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.