HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Bumper sticker fail
Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: May 15, 2011 06:05PM

While driving through Middleburg today I saw a Porsche sporting “McCain/Palin 2008” and “Trump for President 2012” bumper stickers. Somehow, I wasn't convinced.

Discuss....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Posted by: ted ()
Date: May 15, 2011 06:22PM

Discuss how you saw bumper stickers on a car or how you weren't convinced?

Both are pretty boring topics actually.

What exactly is your point here?

discuss...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: May 15, 2011 06:33PM

Bumper stickers are for morons and conservatives who think it's just a hoot that the bumper sticker has some kind of terrible joke that puts down liberals.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: May 15, 2011 06:42PM

Yeah I don't think that fits the FAIL meme. This thread however is EPIC FAIL

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Posted by: ?> ()
Date: May 15, 2011 06:55PM

Johnny Walker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bumper stickers are for morons and conservatives
> who think it's just a hoot that the bumper sticker
> has some kind of terrible joke that puts down
> liberals.


Like that one that said "1-20-09 End of an Error"

but yes, this thread takes the fail cake.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: May 15, 2011 07:17PM

ted Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Discuss how you saw bumper stickers on a car or
> how you weren't convinced?
>
> Both are pretty boring topics actually.
>
> What exactly is your point here?
>
> discuss...


It is the timing aspect.

Didn't you read the article in the paper this morning about Trump and Loudoun County?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: May 15, 2011 07:22PM

We are FFU readers, not newspaper readers. Can you let us in on the "irony" or whatever point you are trying to make?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Posted by: ted ()
Date: May 15, 2011 07:28PM

FUNdamental Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ted Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Discuss how you saw bumper stickers on a car or
> > how you weren't convinced?
> >
> > Both are pretty boring topics actually.
> >
> > What exactly is your point here?
> >
> > discuss...
>
>
> It is the timing aspect.
>
> Didn't you read the article in the paper this
> morning about Trump and Loudoun County?

Sure, but what does that have to do with McCain/Palin?

Do you post from an old folks home?

If not, I bet you did/do a ton of drugs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Date: May 15, 2011 08:07PM

I don't understand why people put bumper stickers on their vehicles...especially political ones. With the current political climate, you never know when an Obama/Biden 08 or Palin 12 will result in a bullet through your windshield from some fucking retard you've never met.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2011 08:07PM by WashingTone-Locian.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Posted by: tomahawk ()
Date: May 15, 2011 08:09PM

Not to mention you look like a douche driving around with a Mondale/Ferraro sticker for 12 years.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: May 15, 2011 08:09PM

"Piss off a liberal: Work Hard and Be Happy" stickers are usually found on Ford F150s with huge mud tires and a Robert E Lee vanity plate.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: May 15, 2011 08:10PM

FUNdamental Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> While driving through Middleburg today I saw a
> Porsche sporting “McCain/Palin 2008” and
> “Trump for President 2012” bumper stickers.
> Somehow, I wasn't convinced.
>
> Discuss....





I'm more worried about the fact FUNdamental thinks wearing a scoutmaster uniform makes him a good father. http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/534692/535684.html#msg-535684


Discuss....



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2011 08:11PM by eesh.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Date: May 15, 2011 08:14PM

I have nothing against the Scouts. My kids were in it and liked it. But what I think is funny is those parents who are shocked when their Eagle Scout decides to join the military. What the heck do you think they've been preparing your kid for?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: May 15, 2011 08:20PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have nothing against the Scouts. My kids were in
> it and liked it. But what I think is funny is
> those parents who are shocked when their Eagle
> Scout decides to join the military. What the heck
> do you think they've been preparing your kid for?





The worst were the high school kids that were Eagle Scouts and in the school's JROTC program. They really made some good indoctrinated little Americans.


The Eagle Scouts that joined the Army also thought they were the shit, but they got torn down after nine weeks of basic.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Posted by: No way ()
Date: May 15, 2011 08:59PM

I would never put ANY kind of a sticker on the paint job of my car, especially if I owned a Porsche

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Posted by: Conie ()
Date: May 15, 2011 09:03PM

No way Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would never put ANY kind of a sticker on the
> paint job of my car, especially if I owned a
> Porsche


i'm pretty sure that was at least part of the point of the OP's post.

AND...that if you're driving a Porsche chances are you lean a little to the

right..so, why advertise it on your expensive sports car....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: May 15, 2011 09:17PM

Conie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> AND...that if you're driving a Porsche chances are
> you lean a little to the
>
> right..so, why advertise it on your expensive
> sports car....





How does one "lean to the right" if they drive a Porsche?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Posted by: Conie ()
Date: May 15, 2011 09:20PM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Conie Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> >
> > AND...that if you're driving a Porsche chances
> are
> > you lean a little to the
> >
> > right..so, why advertise it on your expensive
> > sports car....
>
>
>
>
> How does one "lean to the right" if they drive a
> Porsche?


turn the steering wheel?...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: May 15, 2011 09:21PM

I assume that you mean that Porsche drivers are politically conservative and Republican, I would like to know why you think that.

Blessed are the murderous.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Date: May 15, 2011 09:22PM

Wealth does not equate republicanism.

George Soros, Bill Gates, Ariana Huffington, etc., etc.

Does the term "limousine liberal" mean anything to you?

-----------------------------------------------

"...your suffering will be legendary even in Hell!"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: May 15, 2011 09:23PM

Pinhead the Cenobite Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wealth does not equate republicanism.
>



In Conie's world, liberals and democrats can only afford Chevy Aveos.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Posted by: Conie ()
Date: May 15, 2011 09:27PM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I assume that you mean that Porsche drivers are
> politically conservative and Republican, I would
> like to know why you think that.


Yes..basically. I hate politics eesh. But, yes, i have noticed that

all the asshole republicans i know in town love their money and power

and do not know the words "humility", "empathy"..etc..

the only reason i have a sports car is because my soon-to-be ex

gave it to me as a gift.....he's a Republican. I'm getting rid of him and the

sports car.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: May 15, 2011 09:29PM

So what is your definition of a liberal's car, Conie?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Date: May 15, 2011 09:29PM

I will buy the car for you...

-----------------------------------------------

"...your suffering will be legendary even in Hell!"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Posted by: Conie ()
Date: May 15, 2011 09:31PM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So what is your definition of a liberal's car,
> Conie?

A VW Beetle, a Subaru whatever, a Nissan whatever, a used Saab...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Posted by: Conie ()
Date: May 15, 2011 09:32PM

Pinhead the Cenobite Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I will buy the car for you...


You mean you will buy it "from" me?

o.k...we can talk about that. I'm in the market for a bigger

less ostentatious car.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2011 09:33PM by Conie.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Date: May 15, 2011 09:32PM

You left out Volvo.

-----------------------------------------------

"...your suffering will be legendary even in Hell!"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: May 15, 2011 09:33PM

So what type of car are you going to buy Conie?

Blessed are the murderous.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Posted by: Conie ()
Date: May 15, 2011 09:35PM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So what type of car are you going to buy Conie?


I'm thinking of the Volvo XC60.

It gets bad gas mileage, though. I'm still studying the options

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Posted by: tomahawk ()
Date: May 15, 2011 09:39PM

Okay, think quick: You see a Beemer with MD plates. Liberal or conservative? First thing that comes to your head.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Date: May 15, 2011 09:39PM



-----------------------------------------------

"...your suffering will be legendary even in Hell!"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Date: May 15, 2011 09:40PM

tomahawk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Okay, think quick: You see a Beemer with MD
> plates. Liberal or conservative? First thing that
> comes to your head.


Liberal attorney from Bethesda or Potomac.

-----------------------------------------------

"...your suffering will be legendary even in Hell!"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: May 15, 2011 09:41PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't understand why people put bumper stickers
> on their vehicles...especially political ones.
> With the current political climate, you never know
> when an Obama/Biden 08 or Palin 12 will result in
> a bullet through your windshield from some fucking
> retard you've never met.


I completely agree. Also, if any stickers go on my car, it's a window decal as opposed to a bumper sticker. The last thing I want to do is screw-up the paint job.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Options: ReplyQuote
.
Posted by: Alias ()
Date: May 15, 2011 09:44PM

.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2012 09:00PM by Alias.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: May 15, 2011 09:45PM

Conie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> eesh Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > So what type of car are you going to buy Conie?
>
>
> I'm thinking of the Volvo XC60.
>
> It gets bad gas mileage, though. I'm still
> studying the options




Volvo would fit you. Pretentious, flaky, and unreliable, a perfect match.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Posted by: Conie ()
Date: May 15, 2011 10:07PM

Alias Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Conie Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > eesh Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > I assume that you mean that Porsche drivers
> are
> > > politically conservative and Republican, I
> > would
> > > like to know why you think that.
>
> > Yes..basically. I hate politics eesh. But, yes,
> i
> > have noticed that
>
> > all the asshole republicans i know in town love
> > their money and power
>
> Do the non-asshole republicans you know in town
> dislike their money?

I mean they "like" to show it off.


>
> > and do not know the words "humility",
> > "empathy"..etc..
>
> Oh, dear me.

I know...shocking, huh?
>
> > the only reason i have a sports car is because
> my
> > soon-to-be ex
>
> So, currently, you are driving a sports car?
> haha!

Why is that funny Failias?
>
> > gave it to me as a gift.....he's a Republican.
>
> That was a nice gift. Why, though, didn't you give
> it to a homeless person? Ya know, show some
> compassion and humility.
>
> > I'm
> > getting rid of him and the
> > sports car.
>
> That's what happens with divorce. Lot's of things
> have to go. Gotta divide that property up.

Oh, o.k. Alias esq.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: May 15, 2011 10:20PM

Conie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> eesh Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I assume that you mean that Porsche drivers are
> > politically conservative and Republican, I
> would
> > like to know why you think that.
>
>
> Yes..basically. I hate politics eesh. But, yes, i
> have noticed that
>
> all the asshole republicans i know in town love
> their money and power
>
> and do not know the words "humility",
> "empathy"..etc..
>
> the only reason i have a sports car is because my
> soon-to-be ex
>
> gave it to me as a gift.....he's a Republican. I'm
> getting rid of him and the
>
> sports car.

OMG. This is fucking laughable. Let me give you two examples.

My group's department chair is a big liberal democrat. Gave the max to Gore, Kerry, Obama, Ben Cardin and most anyone who has a (D) next to his name.

He drives a 2009 Benz SL 63 AMG from his home in Potomac. IIRC, that car runs about $130,000 - by definition, showing your money.

When I was a paralegal before I took off for law school (one year after Navy time), I did a lot trademark, IP and Section 337 work. We would take cases on contingency since we were often dealing with small time entities who were holding a patent and the patent was the only thing keeping the company from disappearing like dust in the wind.

We won a major case after several rounds of settlement negotiations, a partial summary judgment decision, and some truly damaging discovery finds by our team. The settlement was a sizeable eight-figure settlement, and as you probably know, contingency fees usually run 25% to 40% of the award.

Everybody on the team got a nice bonus, as did anybody who ever did any work on the case. The remainder (most of it) got split amongst the partners but a deal was struck such that the managing partner on the case, the junior partner and the three associates got a goodly jackpot.

Now, the long and short of it is this: the managing partner was a big republican. He kept 1/2 of his jackpot and used the other 1/2 to pay off the mortgage note for his church. Every penny owed - paid off.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2011 10:26PM by ITRADE.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: May 15, 2011 10:21PM

I thought the Official Car of Liberals was the Prius.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Posted by: Conie ()
Date: May 15, 2011 10:37PM

Johnny Walker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I thought the Official Car of Liberals was the
> Prius.


You're right

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: May 16, 2011 01:40PM

Trump is out. Huckabee is out. Romney is squirmy like a tutle on its back. They are dropping like flies.

Palin/Bachmann 2012

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: May 16, 2011 01:54PM

How about the clowns that still have the John Kerry for President bumper stickers? Still bitter?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Date: May 16, 2011 01:57PM

Conie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Johnny Walker Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I thought the Official Car of Liberals was the
> > Prius.
>
>
> You're right



I actually saw a Prius the other day with a Palin sticker and a Marine Corps sticker on it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: May 16, 2011 04:57PM

Johnny Walker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I thought the Official Car of Liberals was the
> Prius.





Not so much in the DC area, but other cities that have a huge artsy, pseudo-Bohemian culture have a shitload of these cars riding around.




-
Attachments:
Volvo-240DL.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Posted by: Conie ()
Date: May 16, 2011 05:37PM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Johnny Walker Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I thought the Official Car of Liberals was the
> > Prius.
>
>
>
>
> Not so much in the DC area, but other cities that
> have a huge artsy, pseudo-Bohemian culture have a
> shitload of these cars riding around.
>
>
>
>
> -


Really old Volvos?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Posted by: foy ()
Date: May 16, 2011 05:55PM

FUNdamental Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Trump is out. Huckabee is out. Romney is squirmy
> like a tutle on its back. They are dropping like
> flies.
>
> Palin/Bachmann 2012

Apparently you have never heard the term keeping one's powder dry.

BTW, Palin will NOT run - no matter how much time you fantasize about it.

Options: ReplyQuote
.
Posted by: Alias ()
Date: May 16, 2011 07:12PM

.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2012 09:18PM by Alias.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: May 16, 2011 07:18PM

Alias Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> The good thing is..... at least, we here at FFUX,
> can take comfort in knowing that we are asshole
> free.





But we aren't bitch free.

Options: ReplyQuote
.
Posted by: Alias ()
Date: May 16, 2011 07:22PM

.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2012 09:17PM by Alias.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Posted by: SoylentGreen ()
Date: May 17, 2011 05:16AM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Not so much in the DC area, but other cities that
> have a huge artsy, pseudo-Bohemian culture have a
> shitload of these cars riding around.

Don't get to Falls Church much eh?

Don Beyer Volvo.

"The" Don Beyer of ex-Lt. Governor fame.

You can't swing a dead cat over your head without hitting an old Volvo in Falls Church.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: May 17, 2011 07:30AM

SoylentGreen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Don't get to Falls Church much eh?





I don't like Falls Church. I avoid it whenever possible.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Posted by: HOAr ()
Date: May 17, 2011 09:59AM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> SoylentGreen Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> >
> > Don't get to Falls Church much eh?
>
>
>
>
> I don't like Falls Church. I avoid it whenever
> possible.

Not enough HOAs for you, eh douchebucket?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: May 17, 2011 10:07AM

IS this considered a FAIL at this point or are we all still hallucinating on this Hope and Change thang?
Attachments:
S-ObamaPeaceSymbol.gif

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Posted by: poe ()
Date: May 17, 2011 10:22AM

WingNut Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> IS this considered a FAIL at this point or are we
> all still hallucinating on this Hope and Change
> thang?

Well, apparently Cindy Crawford has stopped sipping the favor-aid.


Actress and model Cindy Crawford was among the many celebrities who backed Barack Obama for president in 2008, contributing to his campaign as well as sporting a pro-Obama T-shirt.

But times have changed.

On Monday, Mitt Romney spokesman Eric Fehrnstrom tweeted: “Cindy Crawford appears in a demonstration video at Romney call day to show people how to use ComMitt fundraising software.”

The “call day” Fehrnstrom refers to was held on Monday in Las Vegas, where about 800 Romney supporters placed telephone calls to raise money for the former Massachusetts governor.

Crawford’s publicist didn’t comment by press time.

http://thehill.com/capital-living/in-the-know/161557-actress-cindy-crawford-now-a-romney-supporter-

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Posted by: tomahawk ()
Date: May 17, 2011 02:18PM

Now Cindy's sipping Romney's juice instead.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Posted by: sumguy ()
Date: May 17, 2011 03:52PM

My favorite is the Ford Excursion with obama sticker on it. I bet they love $4.29gal gas.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bumper sticker fail
Posted by: 2016 trumplethinskin ()
Date: October 02, 2016 02:16PM

4 years too late

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 **     **  ********  **    **  **     **  **    ** 
  **   **      **     ***   **  ***   ***  ***   ** 
   ** **       **     ****  **  **** ****  ****  ** 
    ***        **     ** ** **  ** *** **  ** ** ** 
   ** **       **     **  ****  **     **  **  **** 
  **   **      **     **   ***  **     **  **   *** 
 **     **     **     **    **  **     **  **    ** 
This forum powered by Phorum.