HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Seattle school renames Easter eggs 'Spring Spheres'
Posted by: dazed and confused ()
Date: April 13, 2011 11:02PM

http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=11&sid=459668

It makes sense. We live in a multi-cultural society and everybody should be included in our festivities. If you want a "Christnan" springtime, go back to Itality or some other Catholic-controlled country. America has a lot of people from all over the world so we need to make sure everybody feels welcome. The term "Easter Egg" can be offensive to some and exclusionary.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Seattle school renames Easter eggs 'Spring Spheres'
Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: April 13, 2011 11:07PM

Whats a better way to force assimilation and show the superiority of our culture than to make some feel excluded and unwelcome?

This is an outrage.

No Justice, No Peace.

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Posted by: dazed and confused ()
Date: April 13, 2011 11:09PM

It's not an outrage, it' right. Keeping "Easter Eggs" is like a religious version of Jim Crowe. We need to break barriers, not build them up

Date: April 13, 2011 11:13PM

You'se gay.

Date: April 14, 2011 12:07AM

Funny. Neither Easter Eggs nor Easter itself appear in the Bible. But it's anti-Christian to question it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: April 14, 2011 12:16AM

How dare they sully our solemn traditions based on the holy story from the Bible about a bunny that liked to hide colorful eggs!

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: April 14, 2011 12:37AM

If only something could be done about the Easter Bunny.

-
Attachments:
funny-pictures-evil-easter-bunny-16.jpg

Hillary Can Be BOUGHT & SOLD by Wall St., Foreign Donors- Would Electing Someone Who is Already a Billionaire (like Donald Trump) Actually Bring Integrity to the White House?
Date: April 14, 2011 08:06AM

I am not a Christian but it is pretty hard to deny the spineless PC'ism in such a ban and what kind of miserable fuckwads supprt such a ban.

Liberal fascism at work again.

"Let's quash tradtion in favor of our New American Vision"

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2015 07:11PM by WingNut.

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: April 14, 2011 08:24AM

hooray for the free thinking west coast.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: April 14, 2011 08:31AM

I call BS here. It's a conservative radio show, they don't give out the girl's last name, the name of the school, or the name of the teacher. Smells like fodder for the right-wing propaganda machine, and most teabaggers will believe anything you tell them. The thing I find most glaringly stupid here: eggs are not spheres!

Posted by: ProVallone ()
Date: April 14, 2011 08:39AM

How about an attitude of trying to include others in your unique cultural events , like an Easter Egg hunt, and then they include you in their unique cultural events? Why would you have to destroy your own culture to make others feel better?

Posted by: GroundsKeeper Willie ()
Date: April 14, 2011 08:40AM

Figures that it would be a PUBLIC school that would be filling the heads of their students bogus information. An egg shape is hardly a SPHERE. Dumbasses.

Easter eggs = "Easter prolate ellipsoids" !!!

Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: April 14, 2011 08:44AM

TheMeeper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I call BS here. It's a conservative radio show,
> they don't give out the girl's last name, the name
> of the school, or the name of the teacher. Smells
> like fodder for the right-wing propaganda machine,
> and most teabaggers will believe anything you tell
> them. The thing I find most glaringly stupid
> here: eggs are not spheres!

Exactly what I was thinking.
Sounds more like the imaginary "War on Christmas" spreading to Easter now.
The real truth is, no one gives a shit.

Date: April 14, 2011 08:59AM

I am starting to think BS too, there are probably 100 news stories on the subject on Google, all seem to be fed from the same source or rewritten from the same source, "unamed student", "unamed school" etc etc.

Story picked up by the Daily Mail in UK, UPI, and of course Fox News among others.

Liberals- still gay, though.

Date: April 14, 2011 09:22AM

Can someone explain to me how Easter eggs aren't murder?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: JR ()
Date: April 14, 2011 09:44AM

If you don't name the school, I call...
Attachments:
bullshit1_1_.jpg

Posted by: Get Over IT ()
Date: April 14, 2011 10:11AM

Lets not offend anyone now!
Attachments:
global wining.jpg

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: April 14, 2011 10:56AM

this is ridiculous. who even suggested this idea? i would also point out that they are misinforming the children as to what a sphere is.

A sphere is a perfectly round geometrical object in three-dimensional space, such as the shape of a round ball.

if they dont want to call them what they are then dont use them at all.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Confirmed ()
Date: April 14, 2011 11:28AM

"Spring eggs" works for me.

Or any other variation of "Spring"-ness.

I understand the desire/requirement to remove "Easter" from something in school, assuming it's actually a Christian word in the first place (why do I doubt that?).

I have zero problem with keeping ancient "pagan" words in the school, though...(where's that "Religion then, mythology now" image when ya need it?).

I mean, how is the school gonna get rid of, say, the names of the week...ya know?

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: April 14, 2011 11:31AM

eesh Wrote:
> If only something could be done about the Easter
> Bunny.
>
>
>
file.php?40,file=32415,filename=funny-pi

I'LL SAVE YOU, LAD!

pedobear.png

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: April 14, 2011 12:40PM

I have some spring spheres that the school officials can suck on.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: April 14, 2011 01:01PM

I was checking out some spring spheres during beach week recently.

----------------------------------------

"She looks pretty good for 12, admit it." - WingNut, 04/24/2012

"I'm racist too. So what?" - Ellipsis 9/16/2011

"If you only knew who I was, and what I was working to do you would...have the decency to tell me I hated my nation and the way of life. I may not agree with...the government...I hate the "government"......" - Firrat 9/1/10

"there seems to be a queer...why? To try and further demean a defeated... dumb Tea party... I think we need more... far left folks on a regular basis - Louis Farakhan, Jesse Jackson...Al Sharpton" - Registered Voter, 8/19/2011

"If your computer is running slow, or you have any other problems, email me at with the problem and i am willing to fix it, for a price of course" - Taylor, spamming FFU on 04/12/2006. "N****rs as slaves again? I think so..." - Taylor, 09/20/2009

Posted by: Merrick ()
Date: April 14, 2011 02:49PM

That is so far beyond absurd and so 100% WRONG to boot. Easter and the eggs thereof are PAGAN, not Catholic. Christianity "borrowed" this idea and custom like they "borrowed" almost every thing else they use to celebrate.

Merging the idea of a PAGAN holiday into Christianity is actually the way it should be, don't dis the religion of those who came before you, incorporate their beliefs with your own and move FORWARD. (Yes I know Christians slaughtered Pagans, but they had the right outcome, using all their idea's lol)

If you feel offended by an EGG you are beyond pathetic and just looking for a reason to make yourself stand out because you "can". Enjoy the spring and love that comes with the holiday and get a LIFE. If you can't merge in with the rest of America (Which was founded as a Christian country) then go back where YOU came from and take your Spring Sphere's with you. Maybe "Itality??" Where is that anyways??

dazed and confused Wrote:
> http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=11&sid=459668
>
>
> It makes sense. We live in a multi-cultural
> society and everybody should be included in our
> festivities. If you want a "Christnan" springtime,
> go back to Itality or some other
> Catholic-controlled country. America has a lot of
> people from all over the world so we need to make
> sure everybody feels welcome. The term "Easter
> Egg" can be offensive to some and exclusionary.

Posted by: Dreznych ()
Date: April 14, 2011 08:59PM

dazed and confused Wrote:
> We live in a multi-cultural society and everybody should be included in our festivities.

Does "everybody" include Christians? If so, then Easter eggs should be allowed to remain Easter eggs. If the idea is to promote diversity and multiculturalism, then if anything, we should be forcing the students to refer to them as Easter eggs, so as not to suppress a culture/religion. Which is bullshit though; anyone should be allowed to call them whatever the hell they want. Christians can call them Easter eggs and everyone else can just go on with their day, not celebrating Easter. Everybody wins.

Oh, and by the way, celebration of Spring is a pagan tradition. While we're suppressing religions, we might as well eliminate the naming of seasons, days, and months, which are all pagan-based (and therefore religion-based). And the lengths of weeks and months are based on lunar calendars that are based on pagan religions, so we should just stop counting time altogether. What year is it? I forget. I think it's somewhere around 1984.

Posted by: tomahawk ()
Date: April 14, 2011 09:19PM

This is obviously nonsense. Liberals would never do anything like this. Right?

Posted by: Abe Blingin ()
Date: March 31, 2013 04:26PM

Eggs, basket, rabbit, yep, all Pagan fertility based icons. I have no idea where the word "Easter" comes from, though. I feel separation of church and state is not practiced, and that Xian holidays are unfairly dominant. People can call the eggs what they like, but if we truely want to educate, we should tell the kids the Pagan origins, especially how Christ rips off Horus. Around X-mas, that's my tax payer $ funding wreaths, angels, candles, nativity scenes, trees, ect... lights on street lamps. See any crescent lights around Ramadan? My feeling is as far as government funded things go, they should celebrate ALL or none.

Yeah, Tiwa's Day, Odin's Day, Thor's Day, Friya's Day, Saturn's Day, I guess no one faith can claim the sun and moon.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.