HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Newt Gingrich flipfloppery, it doesn't get funnier than this
Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: March 25, 2011 08:51PM

Talk about a flip-flop, typical Republican BS. I laughed when I saw this. I laughed again posting it.

----------------------------------------

"She looks pretty good for 12, admit it." - WingNut, 04/24/2012

"I'm racist too. So what?" - Ellipsis 9/16/2011

"If you only knew who I was, and what I was working to do you would...have the decency to tell me I hated my nation and the way of life. I may not agree with...the government...I hate the "government"......" - Firrat 9/1/10

"there seems to be a queer...why? To try and further demean a defeated... dumb Tea party... I think we need more... far left folks on a regular basis - Louis Farakhan, Jesse Jackson...Al Sharpton" - Registered Voter, 8/19/2011

"If your computer is running slow, or you have any other problems, email me at with the problem and i am willing to fix it, for a price of course" - Taylor, spamming FFU on 04/12/2006. "N****rs as slaves again? I think so..." - Taylor, 09/20/2009

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Newt Gingrich flipfloppery, it doesn't get funnier than this
Posted by: tomahawk ()
Date: March 25, 2011 09:24PM

Gingrich is another neocon loser.

But what'ya gonna do, it's a two party system, you have to vote for one of us!

Posted by: ohsure ()
Date: March 25, 2011 09:54PM

Oh sure like that is so bad. Everyone does that for sure. The other side is way worse so this is totally fine.

He is a good man with some rock solid ideals and his motivations are good. You are just a commie and probably promote Unions and other things harmful to business and the american people

Date: March 25, 2011 10:02PM

Haha, suck it. Lame response. Link to something more absurd or GTFO.

"If you only knew who I was, and what I was working to do you would...have the decency to tell me I hated my nation and the way of life. I may not agree with...the government...I hate the "government"......" - Firrat 9/1/10

"there seems to be a queer...why? To try and further demean a defeated... dumb Tea party... I think we need more... far left folks on a regular basis - Louis Farakhan, Jesse Jackson...Al Sharpton" - Registered Voter, 8/19/2011

"If your computer is running slow, or you have any other problems, email me at with the problem and i am willing to fix it, for a price of course" - Taylor, spamming FFU on 04/12/2006. "N****rs as slaves again? I think so..." - Taylor, 09/20/2009

Posted by: Ut videam ()
Date: March 25, 2011 10:25PM

“The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation.”

— Senator Barack Hussein Obama, December 20, 2007

Date: March 25, 2011 10:32PM

He didn't authorize it unilaterally, it was in support a UN resolution, done by every other president in modern history. NEXT

Posted by: out of context ()
Date: March 25, 2011 10:34PM

This is obviously a hit piece. Newt was talking about an entirely different situation in the first clip. Gotcha media

Date: March 25, 2011 10:37PM

Swing and miss. He was clearly talking about Libya in both. Here is a link with a fuller clip of both, you lose.

Posted by: Highlander ()
Date: March 25, 2011 11:21PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwkrrFRJDtQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adpa5kYUhCA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2011 11:21PM by Highlander.

Date: March 25, 2011 11:56PM

Everyone knows Biden is a dope, he flip-flops from minute to minute. What you posted does not rise to what Gingrich did, especially given he's in the ring for president. PRESIDENT.

Posted by: Highlander ()
Date: March 26, 2011 12:26AM

I believe it rises high above what Newt said, since Biden IS the vice president. VICE PRESIDENT.

Posted by: tomahawk ()
Date: March 26, 2011 12:34AM

justsayin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He didn't authorize it unilaterally, it was in
> support a UN resolution, done by every other
> president in modern history. NEXT

Are you serious? The UN is not authorized by the constitution to declare, make law, or make any other decisions regarding US military action. They can clear the US for action, but within the US the president still has to follow US law.

I really can't believe you wrote that.

Posted by: Ut videam ()
Date: March 26, 2011 12:50AM

Highlander Wrote:
> I believe it rises high above what Newt said,
> since Biden IS the vice president. VICE PRESIDENT.

+1. One heartbeat away from the presidency.

Posted by: lolly ()
Date: March 26, 2011 09:02AM

ohsure Wrote:
> Oh sure like that is so bad. Everyone does that
> for sure. The other side is way worse so this is
> totally fine.
>
> He is a good man with some rock solid ideals and
> his motivations are good. You are just a commie
> and probably promote Unions and other things
> harmful to business and the american people

I have to laugh, I wrote this because I knew its what the Republican idiots here would post. Note no real substance just attacks and 'everyone does it' argument - stock and trade of conservatives.

Also please note whichever Biden flipflop is posted no one is defending him - because it is impossible to replicate the stupid of Republicans. Impossible.

The truth is, (as illustrated by the OP) is that Newt is a mere tool. Literally a tool used by wealth to lie to the stupid. Its really that simple.

(now back to the idiots - 'am not; are so; nuh uh; uh hah; sort of debate).

Posted by: Exactly! ! ! ()
Date: March 26, 2011 09:57AM

Gingrich's statements should certainly be weighed in deciding his qualification for commander in chief.Looks like he has some problems sticking to a point.

AND....Joe Bidens obvious flip flop should be considered in deciding if he has been an reliable and worthy second in command, AND if Obama is competent or honest enough to choose a suitable VP or be re-elected president himself.

Posted by: mcsmack ()
Date: March 26, 2011 10:44AM

" typical Republican BS" Your entire premise is false. The logic in your statement presumes that Gingrich contradictory statements defines the "typical republican"

In my expert opinion, which is 99.9% flawless compared to your ignorant and rather juvenile diatribe, "The Newt" is anything but typical republican in his ideology or motives for that matter.

So now since I have nothing better to do on this fine Saturday morning, I will take you by the hand and lead you to truth. Much like the good Samaritan helping the little retarded boy cross the street.

*The Newt dissed Reagan for one. That alone makes him atypical.

*The Newt is not serious about running and winning the presidency.He is only interested in elevating his brand to sell more books. That is a fact. He will contradict himself all day as long as TV producers keep putting him on their stupid shows trying to fill airtime.

I'm keeping it simple here for your benefit. You wish Newt was "the typical republican" but he is not. And if you think by just posting a statement makes it true you are a bigger idiot than he is which in my opinion is quite an accomplishment.

Posted by: HellYeah! ()
Date: March 26, 2011 11:10AM

Newt for President

http://gingrichforpres.blogspot.com/

Complete with birth certificate

Posted by: typical politician ()
Date: March 26, 2011 11:17AM

I agree 'typical Republican' is not entirely accurate - Newton is more the archetype of a Republican leader. For example a 'typical Republican' does not become Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives as Newton. Whereas it would be difficult to describe Newton as anything other than the epitome of a Republican when Time magazine named him Person of The Year (1995) for his role in leading the Republican Revolution in the House, ending 40 years of the Democratic Party being in the majority. Thus, it is more accurate to describe Newton as an archetype of a Republican leader.

Is he still such an archetype - probably not.

My take on the clip is that Newton was and remains an archetype of a successful national politician whom enjoys the support of the Media.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newt_Gingrich

Date: March 26, 2011 11:31AM

I agree with your post excepting, "Is he still such an archetype - probably not."

I would change it to, "Is he still such an archetype? No.

But no big deal. The best part of your post is to refer to him as "Newton". I will be stealing that and using it for now on. Thank You.

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: March 26, 2011 11:36AM

Newt's a smart guy with a good analytical mind, personally he is supposed to be difficult and his record of divorce isn't great, but should probably be viewd in the same light as Ted Kennedys and Bill Clintons pasts were. If you would forgive these two men, it only seems right not to point those moralizing fingers at Gingrich.

The Libyan statement is about as coherent as anything Biden or Obama has said about Egypt or Libya for that matter. Gingrich, is not in office, and may never be because of this blunder.

Meanwhile, Joe Biden, who is an office and a heartbeat away, obviously has done a complete 180 and about face on his supposed Constitutional beliefs.So has Obuma.

The current WH are clearly men who believe in nothing. Hope and Change and transparency are nothing but words to these flagrant liars.

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Posted by: sadly agree ()
Date: March 26, 2011 11:48AM

WingNut Wrote:

>
> The current WH are clearly men who believe in
> nothing. Hope and Change and transparency are
> nothing but words to these flagrant liars.

I certainly would change 'the current' to 'all in the recent past.' Newton is just being overt in a short time frame.

Obama - just a liar.
Bush - pants on fire prevaricator/liar
Clinton - liar
Bush sr. - No new taxes
Reagan - Senile
Carter - honest (lol look where that got him)
Ford - pardoned Nixon
Nixon - got caught
etc...

Date: March 26, 2011 12:11PM

WingNut Wrote:
> Newt's a smart guy with a good analytical mind,
> personally he is supposed to be difficult and his
> record of divorce isn't great, but should probably
> be viewd in the same light as Ted Kennedys and
> Bill Clintons pasts were. If you would forgive
> these two men, it only seems right not to point
> those moralizing fingers at Gingrich.
>
> The Libyan statement is about as coherent as
> anything Biden or Obama has said about Egypt or
> Libya for that matter. Gingrich, is not in office,
> and may never be because of this blunder.
>
> Meanwhile, Joe Biden, who is an office and a
> heartbeat away, obviously has done a complete 180
> and about face on his supposed Constitutional
> beliefs.So has Obuma.
>
> The current WH are clearly men who believe in
> nothing. Hope and Change and transparency are
> nothing but words to these flagrant liars.

You couldn't be more spot on. Obama won the election on his fairytale antics, (just like Bill Clinton said) completely relying on the selfish motives of his supporters related to economic policy both foreign and domestic.

Foreign policy as far as military conflict and involvement was sold as being very simple. Pull out, shut down (Guantanamo) and come home.

Obviously it has proven to Obama more complicated then that. Whether he knew it or not when he took office I don't know. What matters is he views foreign policy as a pain in the ass. That is why he has put Hillary as the man in charge lately.

I think Obama seriously thought just going over seas, standing on foreign soil and apologizing for Reagan, Bush41 and Bush44 then shutting down Guantanamo would be enough to appease the Arab Streets and peace would rule the geopolitical spectra.

The man is lost in his own devices.The only thing he has going for him is the mainstream media. The current script reads "things ,events and the handling of such are so complicated that only Obama himself has the intellectual capacity to synthesize information and act coherently on any given issue." We just don't have the smarts to understand actions being taken. This is very typical liberalism 101.

It is instructive however. How many presidential elections have we had where the guy who wins runs his platform on domestic policy first only to have the success or failure his presidency defined by foreign policy? very few have triumphed in both. Reagan comes to mind as being the last.

Date: March 26, 2011 12:12PM

tomahawk Wrote:
> Are you serious? The UN is not authorized by the
> constitution to declare, make law, or make any
> other decisions regarding US military action. They
> can clear the US for action, but within the US the
> president still has to follow US law.

Really? Thanks for the civics lesson. Now here's another one. When one uses the term "unilateral" in state speak (the term I was addressing) he or she means one country initiating military action. This was not the case with Libya, as the UN had authorized force. At that point any country responding isn't doing so unilaterally. Obama was criticizing the idea that the US president would wake up one day and decide to attack another nation when no threat to ours or other UN or NATO activity is involved.

Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: March 26, 2011 12:16PM

justsayin Wrote:
> He didn't authorize it unilaterally, it was in
> support a UN resolution, done by every other
> president in modern history. NEXT

Unilateral in regards to our government. The UN has no authority under our Constitution to authorize shit.

He should have gone to Congress before the first missile was fired - period.

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Date: March 26, 2011 12:18PM

No, unilateral in regards to countries.

The Republican talking point Web sites have been running that quote after they and Palin called for airstrikes, in a "do this! Oh you did it? You suck!" playground argument.

And I say so what if he said that, he can change his mind four years later, which is a bit longer to dwell on the issue than Gingrich's mere days. The challenge was to post something funnier than Gingrich's idiocy I posted.

Next!

Date: March 26, 2011 12:22PM

By the way members were indeed told before the strikes happened. I don't get why you would be outraged about this issue if Congress isn't. They were indeed told. He didn't call a special session of Congress and give an address from the floor, then again your warmongers Bush and Cheney didn't do that either.

http://www.wbal.com/absolutenm/templates/story.aspx?articleid=70098&zoneid=3

"Ruppersberger told WBAL News that he was part of a group of lawmakers who knew about the Libyan operation before it began last weekend.

"I was asked to come to the Situation Room, before we took action, where he notified the leadership of both Republicans and Democrats about what was occurring . That was last week. Also, all members of Congress got a letter from the president about what he was doing last week," Ruppersberger told the Afternoon News Journal."

Date: March 26, 2011 12:38PM

Once again I'll straighten this out for everyone.

Constitutionally the Executive branch has the authority to unilaterally with or without congresses approval to wage war or whatever you want to call it. Obama does himself no favors by using the UN as cover.He doesn't need it.

Federalist No. 8 - for those interested: Alexander Hamilton, It is of the nature of war to increase the executive at the expense of the legislative authority.

Federalist 74 - Alexander Hamilton: "The direction of war implies the direction of the common strength, and the power of directing and employing the common strength forms a usual and essential part in the definition of the executive authority."

Simply put Obama has war powers authority hands down. Congress controls "the purse". This is how it is suppose to work. If congress doesn't like it simply de-fund it or shut the fuck up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2011 12:46PM by mcsmack.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.