HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Why are most Americans so depressed?
Posted by: Hmmmm ()
Date: September 21, 2010 07:59AM

Good god, most of the people in America seem so depressed and makes u depressed to be around them. Good god. I've lived here 12yrs, and I feel like going to see a psychatrist.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why are most Americans so depressed?
Posted by: Hmmm... ()
Date: September 21, 2010 08:20AM

Hmmmm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good god, most of the people in America seem so
> depressed and makes u depressed to be around them.
> Good god. I've lived here 12yrs, and I feel like
> going to see a psychatrist.

Maybe they get depressed being around you....?

Date: September 21, 2010 09:46AM

Americans are depressed because they eat shit, take prescription drugs that most don't need and want somebody else to solve their problems for them (which isn't going to happen).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: itchy ()
Date: September 21, 2010 10:50AM

and we are losing our jobs in mass due to a pathetic economy run by retarded politicans

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: September 21, 2010 10:54AM

itchy Wrote:
> and we are losing our jobs in mass due to a
> pathetic economy run by retarded politicans

We elect these politicans, so you're suggesting that we have nobody to blame but ourselves. OUTRAGEOUS! We're Amurricuns! We aren't at fault, dammit! I blame China! damn commies..

Date: September 21, 2010 10:54AM

itchy Wrote:
> and we are losing our jobs in mass due to a
> pathetic economy run by retarded politicans

It's the price of free trade and the free market. If you don't have any marketable skills, you will find yourself unemployed.

I agree that the government should do a better job of preparing American workers to compete in the global economy. But in the end, if people prefer to watch "The Jersey Shore" and "friend" people on Facebook instead of getting training or a good education, that's their problem. Hell, the military will give you a job, if you are that desperate.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: WashingAnthony Terrell Smith ian ()
Date: September 21, 2010 10:57AM

I get depressed when I get my jelly bean facts crossed. That's why I consult this:
Attachments:
51XEKEXNBEL__BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Date: September 21, 2010 11:02AM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> itchy Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > and we are losing our jobs in mass due to a
> > pathetic economy run by retarded politicans
>
>
> It's the price of free trade and the free market.
> If you don't have any marketable skills, you will
> find yourself unemployed.
>
> I agree that the government should do a better job
> of preparing American workers to compete in the
> global economy. But in the end, if people prefer
> to watch "The Jersey Shore" and "friend" people on
> Facebook instead of getting training or a good
> education, that's their problem. Hell, the
> military will give you a job, if you are that
> desperate.

with a BS in civil engineering, 15 years in special operations and mad skills in killing, explosives and technology, it has more do with AGE than lack of skills and education.

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: September 21, 2010 11:26AM

Because our technology has outpaced our humanity. Just five hundred years ago, survival was something that most people had to work hard at. It wasn't a matter of showing up to some bullshit job, doing the same thing every day, then watching American Idol until it was time to do it again the next day. People didn't have time to be depressed.

Don't get me started on social networking like MySpace and Facebook.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Date: September 21, 2010 11:34AM

itchy Wrote:

>
> with a BS in civil engineering, 15 years in
> special operations and mad skills in killing,
> explosives and technology, it has more do with AGE
> than lack of skills and education.

I have to say that expecting civil leadership to fix your situation seems to be a strange mindset for a special operations guy.

Date: September 21, 2010 12:41PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> itchy Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> >
> > with a BS in civil engineering, 15 years in
> > special operations and mad skills in killing,
> > explosives and technology, it has more do with
> AGE
> > than lack of skills and education.
>
>
> I have to say that expecting civil leadership to
> fix your situation seems to be a strange mindset
> for a special operations guy.

And where in my aforementioned text do you derive that "I" expect civil leadership to resolve "my" issue?? I will handle my own in ANY situation. I simply stated that we (meaning Americans) are losing our jobs due to poor decisions by our leaders that have affected the economy... In answer to the topic: "Why are most Americans so depressed".

Some of us, such as I have had to work as consultants and others are completely out of work. While consulting brings a salary typically greater than that of working for a private company, I am responsible for my own health insurance and retirement planning. I would "rather" be working for the State Department, CIA or a security contractor who will have comprehensive healthcare benifits and a much more structured retirement plan, but AGE is a factor that companies, including the government, discriminate against veiledly.

Posted by: Britdrnva~ ()
Date: September 21, 2010 12:57PM

I don't know that just Americans are depressed. I think many of the same situations we find in this country occur in other similar countries also (i.e. Europe). I would argue that the depressed state is systemic and the primary driver of that is the economic system (or the affects therein). Since most of the world is in a downturn of some sort or an otherwise anemic reality it plays on the people experiencing it hence the increase. That's my take anyway.

Posted by: End1 ()
Date: June 17, 2012 04:19PM

You probably believe you're so darned smart coming up with another dumbass one-up-man-ship soundbite like you did, but you sound stupid, snarky, and unwilling to listen to what the person said. Shut up with your trolling barky-snarkyness. ALL of us have freedom of speech and you're not important, you don't build anything, you aren't talented or good looking, and you're a pathetic troll hiding behind your computer because you're another example of why America is depressing and why Americans are depressed. Too many idiots like you who project their B.S. onto someone shoving YOU back in yoru face, asshole. Shove it and drop dead.

Posted by: Yucky24. ()
Date: June 17, 2012 04:58PM

We used to live in happy, civilized, White communities. Then the Left took over our culture in the 1960s and promoted feminism, gay rights, racial equality (LMAO), racial mixingm, anti-Americanism, Marxism, anti-Christian atheism, sexual liberation, etc, etc, etc. The Left royally fucked us over. I don't even think most "liberals" honestly enjoy living in the fucktarded multicultural cesspool they created. They just pretend to like it because they don't want to admit that their entire worldview is self-destructive bullshit.

Posted by: Yucky25 ()
Date: June 17, 2012 05:44PM

Before the 1960s everyone was a closeted fag or secretly fucking the black maid.

Fuck Christians and their sky-daddy. No one in their right mind would believe their bullshit anyway.

The world was just as messed up, if not more so. At least nowadays we can report on the abuse of the assholes in the news.

Posted by: Atom ()
Date: June 18, 2012 12:43PM

Because life is too easy.

Humans have evolved to suffer. We didn't become homo sapien sapien in the lush jungles and bountiful savanahs. It was the barren ice ages that made us the men we are today.

Again, life is too easy, and most of the depressed just have too much time on their hands.

Posted by: Homie D Clown ()
Date: June 18, 2012 02:03PM

because pot (mj) and prostitution are both mostly illegal..

Posted by: therealanswer2 ()
Date: June 18, 2012 06:36PM

Hmmmm Wrote:
> Good god, most of the people in America seem so
> depressed and makes u depressed to be around them.
> Good god. I've lived here 12yrs, and I feel like
> going to see a psychatrist.

Because Mister Obama is in the White House.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.