HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Take a Meade tour in Virginia!
Posted by: George Washington of Music ()
Date: September 14, 2010 10:54PM

The Jefferson Hotel- (Richmond). I played here as a young lad of 5. I went up to the manager and said "Mister, can I play your piano?" He gave me a funny look. I guess a lot of kids my age weren't raised with such manners! Well, I played the theme song to "Gone With The Wind" and got a standing ovation. It didn't go over as well, however, when I broke out into a chorus of "Jimmy Crack Corn And I Don't Care".

Countryside Pool (Sterling, VA) 1989. I sang Beach Boys music to some teenagers at the tender age of 10. They seemed to like it. They even sang along with me.

Nordstrom's (Tysons Corner, VA) I played some pseudo-classical style song I wrote when I was 10 years old, but I didn't win the contest, because of a default- I couldn't read a note of music. Otherwise, they said I was a prodigy.

Lucketts Community Center (Loudoun County) I was 16-years-old and sang at the Lucketts Talent Show Open Mic. This little town just north of Leesburg is a hot bed of cutting edge music. Some of the greatest bluegrass bands you'd ever want to see. I sang "Georgia On My Mind" and "Your Cheating Heart". I got the most applause. "That boy is only 16, and the living reincarnation of Hank Williams!" one guy in overalls exclaimed.

Brunswick Senior Center (Brunswick Maryland). I sang at this little Senior Center. They were very happy to have me. They said I really rocked their dentures.

Waterford Fair (Waterford, VA) I sang at a church in this little village in Loudoun County. I was about 18-years-old and I had a small repertoire of Gospel songs I would do. Waterford is the kind of place where you can see people in straw hats and overalls and then women carrying Gucci bags and 500$ pairs of shoes.

Notre Dame Academy (Middleburg). You could catch me tinkling the ivories or chasing a screaming young girl down the hallway. Either way, I was a hit!

Leesburg, Virginia(Downtown). When I was 17 I entertained some business people on their lunch break with a set of Patsy Cline and Hank Williams tunes. They rolled the piano down the street and into the park. A lot of folks were able to swallow their sandwich without any trouble.

Warrenton, Virginia (WKCW "BIG K COUNTRY!") I had an interview on this little AM station outside of Warrenton when I was 17 years old. Back then they played Classic Country Music. Now its all Spanish. Those silly Mexicans.

Arcola, Virginia (Community Center). This little village on Rt 50 is where I sang at a BBQ one time as a teen. They just loved me for the first 10 minutes. Then they had errands to run.

Charles Town West, VA (Senior Center) I sang at a Senior Center here. One guy told me he danced once with Patsy Cline. Someone else said "yeah, and so did just about half of Winchester, Virginia"

Shawnee Springs, HillCrest, and Hill Top Nursing Homes (Winchester, VA) I sang at many a nursing home in my teen years. My little mini van could hardly make it over the blue ridge to Winchester

Sunrise Assisted Living (leesburg, Sterling). One of my nursing home gigs

Fireballz (Richmond) This is now Capital Ale House on Main St. I sang songs about divorce there and really got the crowd rolling. Dressed western, I sure was a site.

Cheers (Richmond) This was a hard place to play. The smattering of the audience was busy playing an X-rated video game. It was located in CaryCourt Shopping center next to what is now the Hair Cuttery. After "Cheers", it turned into a gay nightclub and then a New Age Book Store

The Lost Sock-(Richmond) Main St. My first Richmond "gig" ever, I played here in the open mic in 1998. I was just 18 years old and I wasn't comfortable playing in bars. But they liked me. Its in the basement.

Field Day of The Past (Rockville). I played here in my early days with the Floating Folk Festival in Richmond. It was nice, but I got over shadowed by the Tractor Pull.

The Canal Club (Richmond)- When I was in the misguided direction of flat out "honky tonk" music, this is where you could find me. I recorded "Not That Lucky" in 2002 here. Those were the days.

The Little Grill (Harrisonburg) A funky little vegetarian hippie joint that really puts on great little shows. Say hi to Buck Gooter if you're there. They are one of a kind.

The Mudhouse (Charlottesville). I used to play at the one Downtown. I was always guaranteed a crowd.

Barnes and Noble (Williamsburg) The bookstore. Yes it was a bookstore, and I sang there once.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Take a Meade tour in Virginia!
Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: September 14, 2010 10:59PM

During which years was the great Meade at Notre Dame Academy?

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: hot mom!! ()
Date: September 14, 2010 11:11PM

His mom is hot!!! where is that hot or not thread on meades mom?

Posted by: notreshame ()
Date: September 15, 2010 12:06AM

ThePackLeader Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> During which years was the great Meade at Notre
> Dame Academy?

I remember Meade well. He was really weird back in the day. He was Notre Dame from Fall of 1993 when he would be of been a Freshman til Fall of 1995 his Junior Year. He dropped out of school and was home schooled through Leesburg Christian Academy.

Posted by: VeronicaElectronica ()
Date: August 23, 2015 12:21PM

I went to Notre Dame and I know for a fact that some of those "screaming girls" were black. Meade had a thing for the dark meat.

Posted by: Meade tour ()
Date: August 23, 2015 12:26PM

No
Attachments:
image.jpg

Posted by: jayberwanger ()
Date: August 23, 2015 12:34PM

A very impressive resume.

Posted by: One less unemployed ()
Date: August 23, 2015 04:36PM

jayberwanger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A very impressive resume.

What kind of job are you thinking of hiring him to do?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.