HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Virginia has below average health care
Posted by: Robert ()
Date: June 26, 2007 10:28PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Virginia has below average health care
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: June 26, 2007 10:39PM

Robert Wrote: > I just saw this article on MSN.

From Amazon.com, circa 2005

"This Meade Skelton character produced another sup-par album. It wasn't technically as bad as his first, these songs aren't the classics that he butchered on his first album, but still musical atrocities.

I am glad there weren't any stalker songs on this one, like that Nicole Kidman song on the last one."

unquote

Posted by: Robert ()
Date: June 26, 2007 10:41PM

What in heaven's name does that have to do with the subject?

Aren't you concerned about Virginia's failing health care system?

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: June 26, 2007 10:46PM

Meade,

I'll post whatever material I want, and you're just going to have to deal with it. Capiche?

Posted by: ya ()
Date: June 26, 2007 11:10PM

"This Meade Skelton character produced another sup-par album. It wasn't technically as bad as his first, these songs aren't the classics that he butchered on his first album, but still musical atrocities.

I am glad there weren't any stalker songs on this one, like that Nicole Kidman song on the last one."

unquote

Posted by: MusicLoverVA ()
Date: June 26, 2007 11:56PM

If those reviewers were smart, they could at least figure out that They Can't Keep Me Down was released prior to Songs Of Love. The standards album was his latest (2005) release.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: June 27, 2007 02:34AM

lol... i love this one.

amazon.com review of They Can't Keep Me Down by Meade Skelton
comment title: So bad it's scary

For the sake of all that is holy, let's hope that "they" can keep Meade Skelton down.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Tia2 ()
Date: June 27, 2007 09:13AM

TheMeeper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Robert Wrote: > I just saw this article on MSN.
>
> From Amazon.com, circa 2005
>
> quote
>
> "This Meade Skelton character produced another
> sup-par album. It wasn't technically as bad as his
> first, these songs aren't the classics that he
> butchered on his first album, but still musical
> atrocities.
>
> I am glad there weren't any stalker songs on this
> one, like that Nicole Kidman song on the last
> one."
>
> unquote

Can the OFF TOPIC section be OFF TOPIC?

Posted by: Tell me about it ()
Date: December 21, 2016 10:51PM

bump

Posted by: V9c7p ()
Date: December 31, 2016 02:42AM

He is grousing about Virginia and health care because Virginia didn't allow the guberment to force the expansion of Medicaid in Virginia down its throat. When and if Terry McAwful is successful in forcing this through, your Virginia taxes will go up another few notches to pay for all the illegals services that they get for free without having to pay into them.

Posted by: Ch6ju ()
Date: December 31, 2016 08:13AM

Services for illegals are being paid for largely by hospitals and physicians that are required to treat illegals and indigents generally under Federal law.

Posted by: lsdhflhf ()
Date: January 01, 2017 12:45PM

http://obamacarefacts.com/obamacares-medicaid-expansion/

http://obamacarefacts.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/medicaid-expansion-facts.jpg

"Medicade already accounts for over 20% of state budgets; it is predicted the expansion will add 2.8% between now and 2022."

"• The uninsured currently cost hospitals billions in unpaid hospitals bills – some of these costs are indirectly passed onto the average taxpayer with insurance.

• One of the leading causes of rising premium costs is unpaid hospital bills."

• Cost is the most cited reason for not expanding Medicaid. While current Medicaid programs do cost state taxpayers a lot of money, that spending is balanced by unpaid hospital bills and the effect those bills have on the rising costs of premiums."

The new ruling doesn’t just hurt Medicaid and ObamaCare; it affects the tax-payer by forcing us to pay for states that choose not to help their poorest. Even though expanding Medicaid would have cost the federal tax-payer, states and tax-payers are still picking up the tab on those who fall into the “Medicaid gap” because these individuals will either use emergency services or purchase subsidized health insurance through the marketplace using federal tax credits. In other words, while it potentially saves the state money, it leaves millions without insurance and still shifts costs to federal tax-payers."

Either way it is going to cost us. With millions of middle eastern terrorists and immigrants getting free coverage, somebody is going to be tasked with the bill. States and federal governments can increase taxes. Doctors and hospitals will not be able to take the losses, they just pass them on to you. Any way you look at it you are screwed, unless you are a "1 %er" or you step off the federal merry-go-round totally and sign up with the private group networks such as Medi-share. That won't excuse you from the higher state and local tax increases.

Posted by: 2007 post about Meade? ()
Date: January 01, 2017 05:27PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Robert Wrote: > I just saw this article on
> MSN.

>
> From Amazon.com, circa 2005
>
> quote
>
> "This Meade Skelton character produced another
> sup-par album. It wasn't technically as bad as his
> first, these songs aren't the classics that he
> butchered on his first album, but still musical
> atrocities.
>
> I am glad there weren't any stalker songs on this
> one, like that Nicole Kidman song on the last
> one."

>
> unquote

Holy tapdancing shit! How long has Meade been a topic of conversation on this forum?!? (I've only been lurking/shit posting a coupe of years, and don't really know FFU history.)

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.