HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
What is the best agile methodology for a project with just one developer?
Posted by: Massimo ()
Date: May 19, 2022 06:37AM

Hi everyone,

Need your advice badly here.
What is the best agile methodology for a project with just one developer?
What is the average cost of the Discovery Phase?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is the best agile methodology for a project with just one developer?
Posted by: gloria backer ()
Date: May 20, 2022 02:47AM

Well, there are too many factors to take into account that you need some professional point of view. I would definitely recommend to read about Discovery Phase https://agilie.com/blog/how-much-does-it-cost-to-start-the-discovery-phase first and get some idea in general and about its cost. I like this resource and got great products as a result. Simply give it a try

Posted by: Frank Davis ()
Date: May 20, 2022 02:54AM

Using Scrum would be helpful to you. I have done this before and it worked well. Of course your standup meetings will be a bit lonely ;-)

I once had a manager that was very aggressive. They wanted a bunch of stuff done and it seemed like they wanted everything tomorrow. I said, "I can deliver anything you want by tomorrow, but I can't deliver everything you want by tomorrow. We need to prioritize."
So I took my task list, my personal backlog, and we reviewed it regularly to determine priorities. If you're working alone you can do this yourself. Acting as the Product Owner you outline everything you'd like to accomplish on your project. You can even assign sizes/point values to each thing (story).
I defined my Sprint schedule as weekly. I'd suggest the same for you or any small team. This is pretty natural, "what do we think we can accomplish this week?"
At the daily level, its helpful to say to yourself (in your daily standup), what do I plan to get done today? And in tomorrow's standup, how did you do?
As you complete things in your sprint you'll be able to calculate your velocity. Apply your velocity against your backlog and determine how many weeks/sprints it will take you to complete the desired scope of your project. This will help in managing your own expectations about what you can realistically complete for your project. If you're like most people, you'll realize pretty quickly that "your eyes where bigger than your stomach", and you'll need to adjust your scope if you are to keep work hours reasonable and meet your deadline.

Posted by: Lerinnet ()
Date: June 11, 2022 09:25AM

Starting a business requires more than just a great idea. To succeed in business today, you need to be flexible and have good planning and organizational skills. Many people start a business thinking that they'll turn on their computers or open their doors and start making money, only to find that making money in a business is much more difficult than they thought.

You can avoid this in your business ventures by taking your time and planning out all the necessary steps you need to achieve success.

Posted by: detelina ()
Date: June 11, 2022 09:36AM

Every entrepreneur wants to own a successful and profitable business, but it's not always clear how to get there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2022 08:41AM by detelina.

Posted by: Sometimes he comes in handy ()
Date: June 11, 2022 09:36AM

This thread needs to be spammed by the cat spammer

Posted by: TonyGreys ()
Date: June 19, 2022 06:53AM

I always prefer to contact the developers if I need any software. Nevertheless, sometimes I can find really worthy ready-made options that can be used as business tools, for example, https://www.alphaservesp.com/products/atlassian/tableau/. I think that this is excellent software for working with documents faster, more smoothly and without any hussles.

Posted by: mistiom ()
Date: June 19, 2022 02:00PM

Most probably you're not looking for a methodology to execute on the assignment, as most agile frameworks are created with a more complex ecosystem in mind (that's why you have the multiple roles).

I'd suggest going through the agile principles and working out a process that implements the ones relevant for your assignment.

Most of the times you'll want to identify the "customer", define a "backlog" (list of requirements) and deliver those in short iterations ("sprints"), while constantly keeping in touch with the customer and closing feedback loops to check that what you've delivered is the right thing to do, while proving to the "customer" that you've done things the right way.

As a final note, Agile is not a silver bullet - and not a goal in itself.

Posted by: varnavva ()
Date: June 19, 2022 02:04PM

When choosing a development team, I would recommend paying attention to the experience of the team and studying the issue of completed projects. it is always useful to find out which companies the developer has already collaborated with and what products he has offered to other clients.
In this case, I had a positive experience with the IDAP team. IDAP is an Ukrainian full-service software development company https://idapgroup.com/blog/software-development-life-cycle/. IDAP build native applications for the iOS, Android, and Web from square one. IDAP began guiding companies into mobile development in 2012 and has successfully completed many projects ever since.

Posted by: GlicerinEBAG ()
Date: July 11, 2022 09:46PM

To begin with, you should decide whether your business is relevant. It is senseless and stupid to create a business from scratch without market demand. After that, find out what resources you have to develop and promote your idea. And then you can start planning. This is probably the most important part. We need to find suppliers, consultants, distributors. I know what I'm talking about because I started that way in Florida, too. Over time, I developed some life hacks on how to build a job search website. For example, the software development company database allows me to find what I need at any time. Such services only contribute to improving the quality of your business.

Posted by: Skolnick ()
Date: July 11, 2022 09:51PM

WTF are we talking about

Sounds like real nerd shit

Posted by: Alex p Keaton ()
Date: July 11, 2022 10:35PM

Agile is the dominant project management method in computer programming.

Posted by: 5050man ()
Date: July 12, 2022 10:50PM

Shut the fuck up and get coding, monkey-boy!

Posted by: segment ()
Date: July 19, 2022 05:19PM

In 2022, the demand for web applications has increased with more and more businesses employing them to deliver a better user experience. Looking at this rising demand, developers are constantly testing different frameworks that offer advanced features to build web applications. Using Node.js Frameworks makes it possible to create unique experiences for . Node.js Frameworks Comparison will give you the opportunity to choose the best option for realizing your goal

Posted by: is he using spring and hibernate ()
Date: July 19, 2022 08:13PM

or cloud ? the more complex and newer the technology...the faster and better the results...that is what the idiot developers i work with always say

Posted by: DIE SPAMMER!!!!! ()
Date: November 28, 2022 10:44PM

segment Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In 2022, the demand for web applications has
> increased with more and more businesses employing
> them to deliver a better user experience. Looking
> at this rising demand, developers are constantly
> testing different frameworks that offer advanced
> features to build web applications. Using Node.js
> Frameworks makes it possible to create unique
> experiences for .
> [url=https://keenethics.com/blog/comparison-of-5-b
> est-node-js-frameworks]Node.js Frameworks
> Comparison[/url] will give you the opportunity to
> choose the best option for realizing your goal

Keep your shitty malware-infested links off this site

Eat shit and die spammer

file.php?40,file=495505,filename=_steamyfile.php?40,file=494999,filename=_steamyfile.php?40,file=485077,filename=BBC10.g
file.php?40,file=494999,filename=_steamy

Posted by: DIE SPAMMER!!!!! ()
Date: November 29, 2022 07:39AM

TonyGreys Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I always prefer to contact the developers if I
> need any software. Nevertheless, sometimes I can
> find really worthy ready-made options that can be
> used as business tools, for example, href="https://www.alphaservesp.com/products/atlass
> ian/tableau/">
https://www.alphaservesp.com/product
> s/atlassian/tableau/. I think that this is
> excellent software for working with documents
> faster, more smoothly and without any hussles.

Keep your shitty malware-infested links off this site

Eat shit and die spammer

file.php?40,file=495505,filename=_steamyfile.php?40,file=494999,filename=_steamyfile.php?40,file=485077,filename=BBC10.g
file.php?40,file=494999,filename=_steamy

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.