HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Bitcoin is crashing
Posted by: I'm Bit ter ()
Date: January 11, 2021 03:31PM

It was $40k on 1/8. Now it's $31k

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bitcoin is crashing
Posted by: xvyhc ()
Date: January 11, 2021 07:21PM

Now it's 34K. Way too volatile for me.

Posted by: Uncle Ralph ()
Date: January 11, 2021 07:27PM

At the height of the Tulip Bulb Mania of the 17th century, a single bulb was recorded as being traded for a small Dutch farm. Bitcoin isn't there yet. Keep in mind anything that can be created with the click of a mouse can be made to disappear in the same way. Happy trading!

Posted by: Seriously not lying ()
Date: January 11, 2021 09:47PM

So about 6 years ago, you could buy a pretty strong pain killer legally online called Tramadol. You legally didn’t need an Rx, got a doctor’s “consultation” and some pill mill in Florida would ship it overnight. It was stronger and more addictive than Vicodin or Percocet and you could basically get an unlimited supply. Was better even than oxi because it didn’t make you tired.

Anyway, government caught on and made it illegal but there was like a 2 week notice. The pharmacy wouldn’t take credit cards either, you had to buy these “credits” from some offshore something using a debit card that were $250 a piece. Each credit would get you 2 bottles of 180 50 mg pills. I had a serious job at the time with a security clearance despite being addicted to what was a legal drug (at the time) and I wasn’t going to fuck with that so I had to get clean but frankly, I wasn’t ready to quit. I easily went through a bottle a month so I was going to stock up on a many years’ supply. I bought 20 credits with the intent to buy 40 bottles but they’d only ship one (I guess even the online pharmacies had limits to how much you were allowed to buy). So essentially I wasted $5000 on worthless credits and couldn’t get my money back for them as the offshore place just kind of disappeared.

Long story short, I had 19.5 credits remaining. The online pharmacy was still open so I almost used my credits to buy “legal” drugs like ibuprofen and Benadryl, better than nothing, but ultimately sucked it up as a loss and forgot about it all. A couple years later I learned these credits were “bitcoins” and I just sat on them. Almost sold 2 years ago but finally sold last Friday for 800k. I don’t really need the money but it was a nice turn of events!

Posted by: Uh No ()
Date: January 11, 2021 10:01PM

Didn't happen.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.