HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Sherlock Holmes and Cocaine
Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: March 31, 2010 08:41AM

Watson's line to Holmes, "You know that what you're drinking is for eye surgery," is an obscure reference to Holmes's cocaine usage. At the time, cocaine was used as a topical anesthetic for eye surgery. In the stories, Holmes injects cocaine. Sherlock Holmes film 2009

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sherlock Holmes and Cocaine
Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: March 31, 2010 08:55AM

.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2010 12:44AM by inkahootz.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sherlock Holmes and Cocaine
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: March 31, 2010 09:56AM

-
Attachments:
cocaine-toothache-drops.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sherlock Holmes and Cocaine
Posted by: indahouse ()
Date: March 31, 2010 11:35AM

House MD, based on Sherlock Holmes, has an addiction to pain killers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sherlock Holmes and Cocaine
Posted by: bimbobootz ()
Date: March 31, 2010 11:43AM

inkahootz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ferfux Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Watson's line to Holmes, "You know that what
> > you're drinking is for eye surgery," is an
> obscure
> > reference to Holmes's cocaine usage. At the
> time,
> > cocaine was used as a topical anesthetic for
> eye
> > surgery. In the stories, Holmes injects
> cocaine.
> > Sherlock Holmes film 2009
>
>
> So did Freud and many others; at that time it was
> de rigueur.


hahaha stupid inkahootz trying to sound smart what a dummy

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sherlock Holmes and Cocaine
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: March 31, 2010 11:57AM

bimbobootz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> inkahootz Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> > So did Freud and many others; at that time it
> > was de rigueur.
>
>
> hahaha stupid inkahootz trying to sound smart what
> a dummy

Except he's, y'know... right.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sherlock Holmes and Cocaine
Posted by: Operation: Lion ()
Date: March 31, 2010 12:03PM

bimbobootz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> hahaha stupid inkahootz trying to sound smart what
> a dummy



Anonymous Prada Denim post.

--------------------------------------
You do or don't, and then you're dead.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sherlock Holmes and Cocaine
Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: March 31, 2010 12:51PM

Rumor has it the queen herself partook.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sherlock Holmes and Cocaine
Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: March 31, 2010 12:58PM

There were some very happy Coca-Cola drinkers when they first started selling coke. What a way to keep customers coming back for more.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sherlock Holmes and Cocaine
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: March 31, 2010 01:01PM

Lurker. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There were some very happy Coca-Cola drinkers when
> they first started selling coke. What a way to
> keep customers coming back for more.
Attachments:
coke.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sherlock Holmes and Cocaine
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: March 31, 2010 03:19PM

Operation: Lion Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> bimbobootz Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > hahaha stupid inkahootz trying to sound smart
> what
> > a dummy
>
> Anonymous Prada Denim post.

For as much as you don't like me, sirrah, you sure know a lot about me.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.
Attachments:
Obsession.PNG

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sherlock Holmes and Cocaine
Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: March 31, 2010 07:30PM

j



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2010 12:46AM by inkahootz.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sherlock Holmes and Cocaine
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: March 31, 2010 10:00PM

Anything past 5 seconds of effort was a waste of time, Mr. Hootz.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 ********   *******   **     **        **  **     ** 
    **     **     **   **   **         **   **   **  
    **     **     **    ** **          **    ** **   
    **      ********     ***           **     ***    
    **            **    ** **    **    **    ** **   
    **     **     **   **   **   **    **   **   **  
    **      *******   **     **   ******   **     ** 
This forum powered by Phorum.