HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Can we just burn anything Kesha related? PLEASE?!
Posted by: annoyed ()
Date: March 27, 2010 02:35PM

I don't think my ears can take it anymore!!! Am I the only one who cringes at even the thought of her name?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can we just burn anything Kesha related? PLEASE?!
Posted by: mikko ()
Date: March 27, 2010 03:02PM

Stop hating cause chances are you're jealous and fat.

Date: March 27, 2010 03:43PM

Oh boy, another one of you. Honey, if only you knew what I looked like you would put a sock in it ;]

Posted by: Kenny_Powers ()
Date: March 27, 2010 03:49PM

annoyed Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh boy, another one of you. Honey, if only you
> knew what I looked like you would put a sock in it
> ;]

thats what she said?

Date: March 27, 2010 03:54PM

and by the way, I'm guessing you think that only hot people like shitty music?

Posted by: Tim45 ()
Date: March 27, 2010 04:25PM

Can it be any worse than the name Lady GaGa?

Posted by: ke$has #1 fan ()
Date: March 27, 2010 06:52PM

Her name is spelled Ke$ha, losers

Posted by: Wess ()
Date: March 27, 2010 07:08PM

Do what ever you want with your Ke$sha stuff.

Posted by: Elle Diabla ()
Date: March 27, 2010 08:39PM

mikko Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Stop hating cause chances are you're jealous and
> fat.

hahaahah

there's this amazing thing called an ipod and your fingers that you can use to turn to another station.

Posted by: Superma 4 ()
Date: March 28, 2010 02:03AM

Kesha and Lady Gaga are puppets for the Illuminati.

TO DUMB YOU THE FUCK DOWN.

They control the music industry, and if you want to make it in the business you need to simplify your lyrics.

They don't want Americans singing songs with ACTUAL MESSAGES and SUBSTANCE.

They want you singing " BLAH BLAH BLAH"

Posted by: ConnorK ()
Date: April 04, 2010 10:29PM

I know this is a dead thread, but I can't resist.

Lady Gaga a puppet for the illuminati? To dumb us down? I have to disagree.

Lady Gaga has been recognized by many acedemic circles for her creative messages about disability, patriarchy, the sex trade and fame, to name a few topics she's covered.

I suppose if music has a beat, wide appeal, and catchy lyrics, the artist isn't doing anything but making a groove for the masses to move to. At least thats the sense I get from those who loath her. But just as an example (and I have plenty), let's look at her song "So happy I could die".

An excerpt from a paper I've written tacking the idea of Lady Gaga as a feminist icon.

"Lady Gaga is not afraid to seek equal sexual fulfillment from her partners, unlike “traditional feminine” women. The song that best eximplifies this is her seventh track on The Fame Monster, “So Happy I Could Die”. In this track, Lady Gaga accepts Anne Koedt’s call to action to “discard the ‘normal’ concepts of sex and create new guidelines which take into account mutual sexual enjoyment” (Crow 371-372). In the song, Lady Gaga admits, “I touch myself”, but also challenges the shame associated with masturbation, immediately stating “and it’s alright” (Lady Gaga. “So Happy I Could Die). To further her shamelessness in seeking sexual gratification, refrain of the song is simply a wordless expression of joy. The fact that she opens the song with this refrain shows how her pleasure is the central focus of this song, and presumably, of her sexual encounter with her partner. The music behind the lyrics is also notable. Dramatically different than her highly synthized -and therefore artificial feeling - music, this track seems more natural and earthy. The song slows down and speeds up, as a heart would in a sexual encounter. Furthermore, in her first verse, she identifies her partner as a “lavender blond”, stating how she “can’t get enough” of “the way she moves, the way she walks.” This suggest, as Jill Johnston did, that “Lesbianism is the solution” to the “spiritual needs of the woman deprived of herself in relation to men” (Crow 347). A very successful pop star, Lady Gaga is reflecting how it is slowly becoming more acceptable for women to seek sexual gratification from other women. However, her partner in the song clearly shows some resistance. This is presumably because it is against traditional femininity for one woman to take another as a lover. She has to plead with her lavender blonde, singing, “Just give in … open up your heart and your mind to me” (Lady Gaga. “So Happy I Could Die). Lavender is a color symbolizing both decadence and indulgence. This encounter is very hedonistic. Furthermore, her identification of the subject as a blonde reinforces the value masculine society has placed on fair women, with blond hair, pale skin, and blue eyes. Her need to plead with her subject shows the resistance other women may have to the suggestion of seeking satisfaction from another woman. Intoxication is also necessary to facilitate their sexual encounter. A “bottle of red wine”, a romantic and sensual drink, is present, and Lady Gaga admits that “when that glass is empty, .. the world is gonna bend.” Clearly, there is an expiration date on how long Lady Gaga and her partner can experience this physical and emotional intoxication. However, the idea of the world “bending” is open to interpretation. Does this mean it will go back to the way it was before, barring these two women from seeking homosexual relations? Or does it mean that after this encounter, they will not feel as satisfied from heterosexual relations? I think Lady Gaga’s refusal to answer this question in the song reflects the unpredictable consequences of this action. Although she pushes the envelope by suggesting a homosexual encounter can produce a joy strong enough that one “could die”, the pessimistic tone reflects how mainstream culture may not be as open to this possibility."

Posted by: ConnorK ()
Date: April 04, 2010 10:33PM

I'm working on similar papers about Ke$ha. Ke$ha is important because she is very much a symbol of our society, as is Lady Gaga. Lady Gaga contends that her personality is not an act, as many people have alleged. I believe Ke$ha is similar in this sense. Ke$ha is the quintessential party girl many girls strive to be between the ages of 15-25. The messages of her songs not only impacts how these "party girls" behave and thing, but are also a reflection on already standing traditions in this subculture. The emphasis on the material and transitory when trying to find comfort and security in love is CONSISTENTLY mentioned throughout the album. The recurring "animal" theme i think is a metaphor for these girls.

I'm developing these thoughts more.

Posted by: Echoplex ()
Date: April 05, 2010 08:58PM

Hip-Hop. NOVA's official theme music. Sort of explains a lot of our issues right there.

Posted by: Kenny_Powers ()
Date: April 05, 2010 09:31PM

yea i can burn it for you, but i only have the newest CD, and i dont have any CDR's so you gotta give me one.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.