Notice: unserialize(): Error at offset 115 of 150 bytes in /web/fairfaxunderground/html/phorum/include/db/mysql.php on line 1350 Why does Cary allow raciallly insulting and degrading post against all religions and minorities EXCEPT JEWS?
HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Why does Cary allow raciallly insulting and degrading post against all religions and minorities EXCEPT JEWS?
Posted by: QUEStionFGFF ()
Date: March 15, 2010 04:19PM

WHY

edit by Cary: (USER HAS BEEN BANNED FOR THIS POST). Also moved this thread from Fairfax General to Off-Topic and merged it with a very similar thread so the timestamps in this thread are weird.

Also, for the record I despise ALL hate speech but the right of one to express themselves is far more important than ensuring that nobody is offended. No group is given any special priority in moderation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2010 05:41PM by Cary.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why does Cary allow raciallly insulting and degrading post against all religions and minorities EXCEPT JEWS?
Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: March 15, 2010 04:22PM

Well it would be kind of stupid to go against the people that run all the banks and all.

Re: Why does Cary allow raciallly insulting and degrading post against all religions and minorities EXCEPT JEWS?
Date: March 15, 2010 04:30PM

You mean like this one?

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/321496.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: March 15, 2010 04:34PM

?

What brought this on? Religious Hormones?

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Posted by: Schindler's List ()
Date: March 15, 2010 04:35PM

QUEStionFGFF Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WHY

Because Cary is a Jew. Don't you think the last name Weidemann sounds just a little bit Jewish?

Posted by: Hanz Solo ()
Date: March 15, 2010 04:57PM

Yeah, they got big schnozes.
But thier women are nice.
I allways did have a thing for those geeky
fairskinned jew girls with dark curly hair.

Date: March 15, 2010 05:19PM

Penis Penis Penis, I made it out of clay.
Penis Penis Penis, I think I might be gay.

Why does Cary allow raciallly insulting and degrading post against all religions and minorities EXCEPT JEWS? THIS IS ABOUT FAIRFAX, DO NOT MOVE JUST BECUASE YOU ARE A JEW!
Posted by: QUEStionFGFFF ()
Date: March 15, 2010 04:32PM

h

Re: Why does Cary allow raciallly insulting and degrading post against all religions and minorities EXCEPT JEWS? THIS IS ABOUT FAIRFAX, DO NOT MOVE JUST BECUASE YOU ARE A JEW!
Posted by: h ()
Date: March 15, 2010 04:37PM

Who cares. All minorities suck.

Re: Why does Cary allow raciallly insulting and degrading post against all religions and minorities EXCEPT JEWS? THIS IS ABOUT FAIRFAX, DO NOT MOVE JUST BECUASE YOU ARE A JEW!
Posted by: Elle Diabla ()
Date: March 15, 2010 04:43PM

OK.

Jews are groce.

Date: March 15, 2010 04:48PM

Like I said in the other thread:

Because Cary is a Jew. Don't you think the last name Weidemann sounds just a little bit Jewish?

Date: March 15, 2010 04:49PM

Now back to your weak ass DOS attacks, Jew hater!

Posted by: graymoose1 ()
Date: March 15, 2010 04:54PM

I love Jews

---------------------------------------------------
W.W.S.D. what would Scooby Doo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2010 04:55PM by graymoose1.

Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: March 15, 2010 04:58PM

This should be in the Off-Topic, but Jews have big noses. They also love money and are very deceptive. Never trust a Jew... They're worse than Chinamen.

Posted by: Hanz Solo ()
Date: March 15, 2010 05:07PM

Yeah, they got big schnozes.
But thier women are nice.
I allways did have a thing for those geeky
fairskinned jew girls with dark curly hair.

Date: March 15, 2010 05:18PM

Penis Penis Penis, I made it out of clay.
Penis Penis Penis, I think I might be gay.

Posted by: bs ()
Date: March 15, 2010 05:47PM

Cary Wrote:
------------------------------------------------------
> No group is given any special priority in
> moderation.

bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Why?
Date: March 15, 2010 05:47PM

A better question should be "Why do you have such a hard-on for Cary and this website being taken down?"

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Posted by: I'VE BEEN BANNED ()
Date: March 15, 2010 06:01PM

QUEStionFGFF Wrote:
> WHY
>
> edit by Cary: (USER HAS BEEN BANNED FOR THIS
> POST). Also moved this thread from Fairfax
> General to Off-Topic and merged it with a very
> similar thread so the timestamps in this thread
> are weird.
>
> Also, for the record I despise ALL hate speech but
> the right of one to express themselves is far more
> important than ensuring that nobody is offended.
> No group is given any special priority in
> moderation.

a - can't ban me

b - you 'banned' me for asking a question, nothing in my question was derogatory or defamatory to any 'minority'.

which i think proves my point - which of the other users have been banned for their remarks? there is another recent post which questions something about blacks and you let people post their racist comments about them, but not Jews?

you may despise all hate speech, but letting some posts stay and removing the others means, by default, you rate certain 'hate speech' above others.

and getting banned for mentioning the word JEW with no hateful connotations? you only really banned me because all your loyal followers pitched in with how much they degrade jews, why not ban them too? i only asked a question - the others posted the racist comments...

Date: March 15, 2010 06:03PM

Most likely though you could be called a stalker, and also you are attempting to post misleading information about Cary. Maybe you should move on with your life.

Date: March 15, 2010 06:06PM

I'VE BEEN BANNED Wrote:
> a - can't ban me

He sure can.

>
> b - you 'banned' me for asking a question, nothing
> in my question was derogatory or defamatory to any
> 'minority'.

My guess would be that you were banned for starting multiple junk threads (some of which were on the exact same subject) in the General Forum. I bet it would be a different story if you just did one thread per topic in the Off-Topic section.

Re: Why?
Date: March 15, 2010 06:10PM

Because it is Cary's site.

If Cary does not like you, he is free to "ban" you.

Note: You are free to roll yout IP and try and come back
(as long as you can) and complain about it.

Q. Why does Cary run HIS site like this?
A. Because it is CARY'S SITE you DUMBFUCK.

Posted by: Well... ()
Date: March 15, 2010 06:18PM

It's Cary's board. He can ban whomever he wants.

That said, the OP is certainly provocative, and a direct jab at CW, but I don't see how what he/she wrote crosses the line to being ban-worthy.

Frankly, it seems a bit peevish on Cary's part (though I give him credit for not deleting the thread entirely).

He's entitled to be peevish, but nonetheless, it has been his admirable restraint and evenhandedness in the face of provocations that has made me admire him as a model moderator,* so the peevishness in this instance really stands out.

*Not that I think he's perfect, or that always agree with his decisions - he's deleted stuff I've posted that I think should have been left up - but he's far superior to the vast majority of discussion board moderators I've encountered.

Posted by: Well... ()
Date: March 15, 2010 06:22PM

PS - If the OP was banned for other trollish activity, rather than just that one post, then the peevishness rebuke doesn't hold up, and fwiw I retract it.

Posted by: Cary ()
Date: March 15, 2010 07:20PM

Original Poster,

You were banned for creating a duplicate thread in the Fairfax General forum after the original was moved to Off-Topic. Also taken into consideration were your 5 other posts today under the anonymous name "theLAW".

The ban was not handed down for the content of your post but rather the delivery. Spamming the forum is never acceptable. If you had posted your question in the Off-Topic section and refrained from creating duplicate threads you would not have been banned.

Since moderation is being discussed in this thread I will also reveal that I am far more lenient towards racist and incendiary remarks from posters with known Northern Virginia IP addresses. For example I am far less likely to moderate incendiary remarks from a dc.cox.net (Cox NoVA) or washdc.fios.verizon.net IP address than a random host. I despise ignorant racists but if the content is truly coming from Fairfax County residents than I shall not stand in the way of open communication. Your original post, however, came from a Hampton Roads Cox cable modem address (and the second from 216.245.220.12, an open proxy) and as such were not given any special considerations.

I'VE BEEN BANNED Wrote:
> which i think proves my point - which of the other
> users have been banned for their remarks? there is
> another recent post which questions something
> about blacks and you let people post their racist
> comments about them, but not Jews?

No group is given any special treatment here. Which post are you referring to? This post regarding Blacks: http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/317372.html was in Fairfax General but was moved to off-topic. Also, there is an anti-Jewish post on the front page of Off-Topic as we speak: http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/40/148187.html

No group has any special protections.

Well... Wrote:
> *Not that I think he's perfect, or that always
> agree with his decisions - he's deleted stuff I've
> posted that I think should have been left up - but
> he's far superior to the vast majority of
> discussion board moderators I've encountered.

Really? By any chance do you recall in which threads your legitimate posts were removed? I try very hard to never remove any legitimate contributing content from this site. However, I am occasionally forced remove legitimate responses to troll posts. I hate to do so but once a troll post is removed responses to it rarely make sense and thus must be trimmed for the thread to retain meaning.

If you can recall which threads you had posts removed from please let me know and I will check what happened. Posts are never truly deleted around here but simply "hidden", hopefully to pave the way for a future user-generated karma-based reddit/Slashdot style moderation system... but that's a long way off.

- Cary (the admin)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2010 01:18AM by Cary.

Posted by: ¿TROLL? ()
Date: March 15, 2010 07:56PM

Give Cary a break, folks.

Date: March 15, 2010 07:58PM

How did the private exchange go? Did Cary talk some sense into you?

¿TROLL? Wrote:
> Give Cary a break, folks.

Posted by: no woman no cry ()
Date: March 15, 2010 07:58PM

¿TROLL? Wrote:
> Give Cary a break, folks.
Attachments:
woman-crying.jpg

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: March 15, 2010 09:40PM

Johnny Walker Wrote:
> Well it would be kind of stupid to go against the
> people that run all the banks and all.

file.php?40,file=11354
"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: March 15, 2010 09:47PM

Ohh, boohoo, "racism" is so baaad. Live with it, you raghead goat bumper.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: My CUNTry 'tis of thee... ()
Date: March 16, 2010 01:28PM

ThePackLeader Wrote:
> Ohh, boohoo, "racism" is so baaad. Live with it,
> you raghead goat bumper.
Attachments:
baby-crying jpg.jpg

Posted by: Ziggy Heil ()
Date: March 16, 2010 01:53PM

"Like I said in the other thread:

Because Cary is a Jew. Don't you think the last name Weidemann sounds just a little bit Jewish?"

Actually, Herr Goebbels, names that end in mann are generally not Jewish, but German.

Maybe Cary just doesn't like fucksticks like you?

Posted by: Dear idiot... ()
Date: March 16, 2010 08:46PM

Ziggy Heil Wrote:
> "Like I said in the other thread:
>
>
> Because Cary is a Jew. Don't you think the last
> name Weidemann sounds just a little bit Jewish?"
>
> Actually, Herr Goebbels, names that end in mann
> are generally not Jewish, but German.

Hey, Genius, ever heard of a German Jew? Hitler didn't kill of them. Yes, Wiedemann is a German surname, but it is also Jewish. Next time do some research before you come on here and make yourself look like a dumbass!

http://www.avotaynu.com/csi/csi-result.html?page=next

Posted by: in case u r 2 lazy to search thru W ()
Date: March 16, 2010 08:51PM

Dear idiot... Wrote:
> Ziggy Heil Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > "Like I said in the other thread:
> >
> >
> > Because Cary is a Jew. Don't you think the last
> > name Weidemann sounds just a little bit
> Jewish?"
> >
> > Actually, Herr Goebbels, names that end in mann
> > are generally not Jewish, but German.
>
>
> Hey, Genius, ever heard of a German Jew? Hitler
> didn't kill all of them. Yes, Wiedemann is a German
> surname, but it is also Jewish. Next time do some
> research before you come on here and make yourself
> look like a dumbass!
>
> http://www.avotaynu.com/csi/csi-result.html?page=n
> ext

Avotaynu Soundex Search Result

Searching for surname WIEDEMANNwith soundex code 736600.

Soundex Name Databases
736600 WIDMON o
736600 WIEDEMANN ABKOQVe
736600 WIEDMAN ADJKRUg
736600 WIEDMANN ABJKNR
736600 WIETMAN A
736600 WIITANEN R
736600 WITEMAN A
736600 WITHMAN A
736600 WITMAN ABGJKMSWXp
736600 WITMANN AGJKN
736600 WITTMAN ABGJKRWXZkop
736600 WITTMANN AGJKNOVWX
736600 WOJDEMAN A
736600 WOJTMAN A
736600 WOODMAN KUl
736600 WOTMAN ABJK
736600 WOTTMAN A
736600 WUTMAN B
736600 WYDMAN A
736600 WYTMAN AB

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.