HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
How far south do you have to go before you can have an outdoor swimming pool that's open all year?
Posted by: Riddle me that ()
Date: June 09, 2019 12:33PM

Inquiring minds wanna know.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How far south do you have to go before you can have an outdoor swimming pool that's open all year?
Posted by: Phil Intheblanks ()
Date: June 09, 2019 01:56PM

Riddle me that Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Inquiring minds wanna know.

I used to live in Jacksonville FL and we had a pool in our backyard that was ready to go all year. We heated it with a air to water heat pump in December thru March give or take a few weeks.

Re: How far south do you have to go before you can have an outdoor swimming pool that's open all year?
Posted by: chlorinated ()
Date: June 09, 2019 02:09PM

Riddle me that Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Inquiring minds wanna know.

Lived in West Texas, we closed our pool for the winter. Lived in Southern Arizona, it got down to freezing in the winter months. As far as the U.S. goes, I guess there are places in the far southern areas that you could pay a shitload of money to try to keep 20,000+ gallons of water heated to a comfortable temperature, but for the most part there is nowhere to just have a non-heated pool.

Posted by: President Trump FTW! ()
Date: June 09, 2019 03:26PM

Just build an indoor one to use in winter.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.