HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
uhh
Posted by: jwoiehfboiwehni ()
Date: February 19, 2010 01:53PM

Does anyone know if it is possible to get forum pages and/or posts deleted from this site? If so, what would you need to do?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: uhh
Posted by: NovAnon ()
Date: February 19, 2010 01:57PM

suck it up, punk. once its one the internet, its on the internet forever.

Date: February 19, 2010 02:00PM

noted... but that doesn't really answer the question

=
Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: February 19, 2010 02:06PM

=

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2010 07:36AM by inkahootz.

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: February 19, 2010 02:11PM

Somehow, I don't think that kissing Cary's ass or blackmailing him is going to produce the desired results.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Date: February 19, 2010 02:17PM

d

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2010 05:41AM by inkahootz.

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: February 19, 2010 02:25PM

Eesh swears up and down that's not his real name.

Interesting.

Edit: And yet, Todd Oliver still posts with no problem.

Now I'm sure that it was eesh trying to out me when he was getting his exposed. What a fucking idiot.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2010 02:27PM by MrMephisto.

Date: February 19, 2010 02:29PM

d

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2010 05:41AM by inkahootz.

Posted by: jwoie ()
Date: February 21, 2010 11:50AM

can you get a court order?

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: February 21, 2010 11:58AM

jwoie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> can you get a court order?

You can try. Alot of work and would not do much good, but you can try.

Personally, I would like to see an end to anonymous posters starting threads that say something like "Jane Smith, who works at Old Country Buffett, is not only a slut, but a man..."

I know I exagerate, but these anonymous and unregistered posters attacking an indidual by name gets old.

Just my opinion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2010 12:01PM by Radiophile.

Date: February 21, 2010 11:59AM

jwoie Wrote:
> can you get a court order?

depends on the content. post a link i will confirm or deny whether it would be worth your effort and or money

Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: February 21, 2010 04:52PM

That reminds me, Chuck Schmidt, thanks for the good advice you gave me a couple months back...

Posted by: Cary ()
Date: February 21, 2010 05:25PM

jwoiehfboiwehni Wrote:
> Does anyone know if it is possible to get forum
> pages and/or posts deleted from this site? If so,
> what would you need to do?

jwoiehfboiwehni,

Posts on the forum, yes, if they are blatantly libelous or garbage. Please email me at cary@farifaxunderground.com with a link to the post in question and I will review it.

Arrest list entries, however, cannot currently be removed. All forum posts are user generated and as such generally come from unreliable sources. The arrest list, however, comes directly from an authoritative source (the Fairfax County police department) and I would expose myself to far more trouble by making arbitrary edits to this database than leaving it in its original unadulterated form from the authoritative source.

inkahootz,

Yup, the full name of somebody was added to the "banned words" list as it was only ever used in a trolling or harassing manner which is unacceptable. I generally review all ban lists at the end of each month so this may be removed soon. Your full name also briefly appeared on this "banned words" list when it was similarly being used for trolling purposes.

Also, this thread is being moved to off-topic.

- Cary (the admin)

Posted by: graymoose1 ()
Date: February 21, 2010 08:49PM

uhh new
Date: February 19, 2010 01:53PM

Does anyone know if it is possible to get forum pages and/or posts deleted from this site? If so, what would you need to do?

If you send me your S.S.N and a credit card number I will take care of your problem.

---------------------------------------------------
W.W.S.D. what would Scooby Doo

Posted by: woiehfboiwehni ()
Date: February 22, 2010 12:38AM

So Cary...

If someone posted my name and address on one of these threads because of an arrest and charge that was dropped in court, there is no way for me to get this taken off of the website?

The only reason I really care is because when you google my name... it is the first thing that pops up. Considering I am looking for a job now... I am worried that this could cause a problem... ya know?

Posted by: bloody blisters ()
Date: February 22, 2010 12:46AM

no, im sure they can see that it was dropped, just tell your future employer what happened and im sure everything will be alright. i live i ride i am - jeep

Date: February 22, 2010 12:48AM

I could do that... but im getting my record expunged so it wont even pop up on any database that i was ever arrested for anything... this is the final piece to the puzzle to get this whole situation erased

Posted by: bloody blisters ()
Date: February 22, 2010 12:52AM

so you were arrested? thats a whole different ball game

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: February 22, 2010 12:52AM

If you get it expunged first, then you should be able to get it removed from this site as well.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

f
Date: February 22, 2010 05:54AM

f

edit by Cary: Account password compromised, disabled by administrator.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2010 03:18PM by inkahootz.

Posted by: career criminal ()
Date: February 22, 2010 06:59AM

inkahootz Wrote:
> ThePackLeader Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If you get it expunged first, then you should
> be
> > able to get it removed from this site as well.
>
>
> You can't get the arrest expunged or removed; it
> is there for life. You can get the court
> case/charge expunged if you are found not guilty
> or the case is dismissed.

you would know with your multiple felonies. you should have been deported a long time ago. it's pretty sad when a non-US citizen can commit so many crimes within our borders and not get kicked out.

Date: February 22, 2010 07:47AM

career criminal Wrote:
>
> you would know with your multiple felonies. you
> should have been deported a long time ago. it's
> pretty sad when a non-US citizen can commit so
> many crimes within our borders and not get kicked
> out.

lol alright man. that seems like a separate issue

Posted by: FYI Troll ()
Date: March 02, 2010 03:49PM

For those who don't know:

All postings to this website are Archived by a plethora of Independant
Third-Party groups to ensure that all postings made to this site may be revived at ANY time. Even if a court order forces the admin.(Cary) to remove a posting, it WILL be reposted to this, and other sites on the internet to preserve our first Amendment right of freedom of speech being that any such order would concern Cary and not unknown third party individuals acting on thier own Accord.

We are NetPirates! These waters run too deep, and you cannot muddy them up for us. Respect these international waters and the sharks will leave you alone. This is the internet, and you are free to start up your own website to bash this one, or you may refute any claims made against you here on this site for FREE.

Anything less would just be CENSORSHIP.

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: March 02, 2010 08:18PM

inkahootz Wrote:
> ThePackLeader Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If you get it expunged first, then you should
> be
> > able to get it removed from this site as well.
>
>
> You can't get the arrest expunged or removed; it
> is there for life. You can get the court
> case/charge expunged if you are found not guilty
> or the case is dismissed.

Convictions can also be expunged, although State Code likes to make you think that it's not possible. Anything can be done for the right price, and/or with the right connection. Get a good enough lawyer, and it'll be taken care of. The system can be beautiful when it works in your favor ;-)

The ONLY time that an expunged record might be shown, is if you apply for a certain clearance. Otherwise, for all intents and purposes, it's scrubbed.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: JR/Gravis/RV ()
Date: March 02, 2010 08:22PM

Fairfax County General : Fairfax Underground
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication between residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Goto Topic: Previous•Next Goto: Forum List•Back to Forum•Post New Topic•Search•Log In
FCPS classes cancelled Wed. March 3 due to snow
Posted by: FOX5 ()
Date: March 02, 2010 04:33PM

There will be no School Wed. March 3 for the Fairax County Public School system due to the forecast of 9" of snowfall overnight tonight through tomorrow. Stay tuned for more details.

Options: Reply•Quote
Re: FCPS classes cancelled Wed. March 3 due to snow
Posted by: stfu ()
Date: March 02, 2010 04:44PM

Stop it with these fucking threads.

Posted by: WUSA9 ()
Date: March 02, 2010 04:46PM

Schools have been closed in the following counties:

In Virginia:

Accomack County, Albemarle County, Alleghany County, Amelia County, Amherst County, Appomattox County, Arlington County, Augusta County, Bath County, Bedford County, Bland County, Botetourt County, Brunswick County, Buchanan County
Buckingham County, Campbell County, Caroline County, Carroll County, Charles City County, Charlotte County, Chesterfield County, Clarke County, Craig County, Culpeper County, Cumberland County, Dickenson County, Dinwiddie County, Essex County, Fairfax County, Fauquier County, Floyd County, Fluvanna County, Franklin County, and Frederick County

In Maryland:

Allegany County, Anne Arundel County, Baltimore city, Baltimore County, Calvert County, Caroline County, Carroll County, Cecil County, Charles County, Dorchester County, Frederick County, Garrett County, Harford County, Howard County, Kent County, Montgomery County, Prince George's County, Queen Anne's County, Somerset County, St. Mary's County, Talbot County, Washington County, Wicomico County, and Worcester County

Posted by: Eastsider ()
Date: March 02, 2010 05:25PM

I just saw the announcement on Red Asshole 69.

Posted by: g-z? ()
Date: March 02, 2010 05:44PM

Man, that's classic! The snow is avoiding all counties that begin with G and beyond in Va.....

Posted by: ABC123 ()
Date: March 02, 2010 05:46PM

g-z? Wrote:
> Man, that's classic! The snow is avoiding all
> counties that begin with G and beyond in Va.....

+1

The first alphabetical storm of the season.

Date: March 02, 2010 07:44PM

This just in...

g-z? Wrote:
> The snow is avoiding all counties that begin with G and beyond in Va.....

Posted by: I feel sorry for you ()
Date: March 02, 2010 07:50PM

Really. I do. Are you always home alone? Are you some loser who's a vrigin and is lonely, who needs to make dumbass threads like this because you find this fun? Seriously, you need to kill your self. I'll be glad to put you out of your misery if you want me to. You dumb ass faggot.

Date: March 02, 2010 07:55PM

I feel sorry for you Wrote:
>Seriously, you need to kill your self.

I tried that a few times but unfortunately for all of us, it didn't work.

Date: March 02, 2010 07:57PM

I feel sorry for you Wrote:

> I'll be glad to put you out of your misery if you
> want me to. You dumb ass faggot.

That is a terroristic threat. And whether it is online or in person, it is still a felony. We will see who has the last laugh.

Posted by: JR/Gravis/RV ()
Date: March 02, 2010 08:00PM

Senator Warner announced today that $24 million from the economic stimulus package will go toward funding of two projects that will jump-start Virginia's transition to expanded use of health care information technology and electronic medical records.

These grants will help Virginia medical professionals as they work to implement and use HIT to lower consumer health care costs, minimize redundant paperwork and reduce medical errors.

$11.6 million has been awarded to the Virginia Department of Health to further the transition to a standardized health IT network.
$12.4 million has been awarded to a non-profit, statewide project led by the Virginia Health Quality Center in Richmond and the Center for Innovative Technology in Herndon to establish regional extension centers to provide HIT and EHR outreach and support services to providers and hospitals serving Virginia’s Medicare population.
Senator Warner said today that although Virginia health care providers are already national leaders in the use of health IT, "significantly help individual providers as they work to implement and use this technology to establish a two-way exchange of information with local health departments."

“This represents a smart, one-time investment in Virginia’s economic infrastructure – investments that should help build on our health IT investment and work to establish electronic medical records in hospitals, nursing homes and physicians' offices that will improve care and reduce costs.”

ShareThis
Focus on health savings & accountability
Jan 15, 2010 - 10:40 AMAs Senate and House leaders continue to work to craft a compromise health reform bill, Senator Warner is urging negotiators to remain focused on the ultimate goal of health reform: driving-down medical costs for consumers, businesses and taxpayers.

Senator Warner has joined his colleagues in two separate letters to the Senate leadership strongly urging the negotiators to maintain important cost containment measures in the Senate bill. The first letter encourages the leadership to maintain the push for greater competition and private sector innovation that were included in the Senate's version of health reform.

A second letter specifically asks the negotiators to include a “fail-safe mechanism” to require close monitoring and regular reports about whether the hundreds of billions of dollars in projected cost savings are actually being achieved.

If promised health care savings fail to materialize, Congress should have "the tools to bring its actual savings back in line with its original estimates," the letter states.

The process should be tailored in away that enables Congress to address any savings shortfall expeditiously and in the most non-partisan manner possible. It should also be conducted with an eye towards maintaining affordability and quality.

In addition, a letter signed by 14 House Democrats was delivered to the House and Senate leadership recommending that the "Value and Innovation" amendment package introduced by Senator Warner and 11 other Freshman Senators be included in any final bill.

The letters are below:

ShareThis
A visit to Martinsville
Jan 11, 2010 - 06:38 AMSenator Warner traveled to Southside Virginia today to meet with over 50 community and business leaders from Martinsville and Henry County. The community has been one of the hardest hit during the economic downturn -- and this former self-described "Sweatshirt Capital of the World" has been struggling for years with the economic challenges caused by the decline in U.S.-based textile manufacturing.

As part of the visit, Senator Warner passed through downtown and visited with students at the Governor's School of Mathematics. The students told Senator Warner that they regularly wake up as early as 5:30 a.m. to attend the Governor's School program for the first half of the day before going back to their normal high schools in order to take advantage of the small class sizes and advanced teaching opportunities provided by the Governor's School.

Senator Warner also dropped by a meeting of the Uptown Partners, an economic development working group that brings together organizations and individuals determined to revitalize Martinsville and Henry County.

He shared with them some lessons he learned while serving as Governor of Virginia, when he was the Commonwealth's "Chief Economic Development Officer," and discussed federal programs and resources that are available for communities like Martinsville to grow.

He also discussed two initiatives that he is working on in Congress: his on-going efforts to boost small business lending, and a new effort that will help states and local governments attract and create new jobs.

The meeting with community leaders was held at the Virginia Museum of Natural History, which he helped bring to the region when he served as Governor. Senator Warner provided the business and community leaders an update from Washington, discussed his upcoming initiatives on job-creation, and detailed how the status quo in health care ultimately could bankrupt Virginia families, businesses, and the state and federal governments.

Senator Warner told the community leaders that the noisy health care reform debate has included a lot of hyperbole, hypocrisy, misinformation and disinformation. "There's a lot to not be happy with," he said. "But if this bill was half as bad as some people are saying, I sure as heck would not have voted for it."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RELATED
Warner outlines proposals
On January 12, the Martinsville Bulletin reported on Senator Warner's visit to the area to discuss two initiatives aimed at helping communities and businesses create jobs.

ShareThis
The health care vote
Dec 24, 2009 - 08:02 AMSenator Warner released the following statement this morning after voting in favor of the Senate health reform bill:

“I voted in support of the Senate health care bill. While this legislation is far from perfect, I believe it will start to curb soaring health care costs for consumers and businesses, reduce our federal budget deficits over time, and extend the life of the Medicare program.

In addition, a dozen of my freshman colleagues worked together to successfully add significant cost containment measures to the Senate proposal, and we have expanded programs that deliver higher-quality care at lower cost. Our amendments, which encourage innovation, broaden transparency and aggressively attack inefficiency and fraud, have received bipartisan support, as well as endorsements from AARP, the Virginia Hospital and Healthcare Association, and major businesses that make-up The Business Roundtable.

Rising medical costs are strangling the American economy, hurting American families, and killing our ability to compete globally. This legislation represents a strong start, and includes almost every approach suggested by leading experts to try to tackle medical costs that have more than doubled in the past decade.

As this bill moves to conference, the focus must remain on the goals of reducing health care costs, increasing efficiency and accountability, and incorporating private-sector solutions to our health care challenges.”

RELATED:

On December 8, Senator Warner and 10 Freshman colleagues announced a package of health care amendments that would expand and accelerate efforts to encourage innovation and accountability across the health care system -- and drive down costs.
Click here for more information on Senator Warner's views on health care.
ShareThis
Health care facts versus opinion
Dec 22, 2009 - 01:26 PMThe pending Senate health reform proposal is far from perfect, but honest discussion has been obscured by the misinformation and disinformation swirling around the issue.

For instance, an editorial in today's Newport News, Va., Daily Press repeats inaccurate arguments frequently made by critics.

Critics have been suggesting for some time that consumers should be allowed to purchase health insurance plans across state lines. This morning's editorial says the Senate bill does not provide "practical reform that would allow people to buy insurance across state lines, creating true competition that might lower bills."

In fact, the “insurance exchange” that would be created through the Senate proposal would allow consumers to purchase coverage from insurers outside of their region, subject to individual state approvals and with appropriate federal oversight to ensure that certain minimum standards are met.

For more precise language of this section of the bill, click here and scroll down to Section 1333.
The editorial also repeated claims frequently made by members of the minority party that tort reform simply must be a critical piece of any reform proposal. Yet when a medical malpractice amendment was offered on the Senate floor, 12 of 40 Republican senators voted against it. Senator Warner was one of four Democrats who voted to support med-mal reform.

It’s also worth noting that, in effect, state-level actions already have imposed med-mal reform: at least 38 states have adopted medical malpractice damage caps.
For all of the editorial's references to "new entitlements," it fails to even mention Medicare Part D, the prescription drug benefit enacted by the Bush Administration and a Republican-controlled Congress back in 2003. This dramatic expansion of Medicare was never paid for, and the Bush Administration did not factor its true cost into deficit calculations. The 2009 report to Congress by the Medicare trustees estimates the ten-year cost of the Medicare Part D unfunded entitlement at $1.3 trillion.
We have posted a list of some of the benefits that millions of Americans will receive right away under the Senate health reform legislation. Those benefits include: no lifetime limits on coverage, tax credits for small businesses looking to purchase health insurance, and extension of coverage for young adults.

Goto: Forum List•Back to Forum•Search•Log In Your Name:
Your Email (Optional):
Subject:
Attach a file ...
Attach a file
No file can be larger than 76.8 MB
30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
GdVFv
Enter code:
Street name scheme. This forum powered by Phorum.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.