HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
How does one learn to become a DJ?
Posted by: mylesjury ()
Date: November 01, 2018 05:16AM

Please provide with step-by-step method how to become a good DJ.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How does one learn to become a DJ?
Posted by: jalilmitty ()
Date: November 01, 2018 05:25AM

I've been learning/messing around with instruments since I was 9. I started DJing very casually in high school and slowly have gotten more into it. I've been focusing on it full time for about 5/6 years now just to give some context. I own a sound/lighting company in Boston specializing in Indian weddings. I cover all different styles of music (Bollywood, Top 40, Hip Hop, House, Bhangra just to name a few).

Posted by: omardiaz ()
Date: November 01, 2018 05:36AM

Well, this isn’t how I did it, but I would just pick up turntables (btw, if you’re looking for some - you can use this resource to find one for yourself Best Turntable For Scratching ) or CD J’s and a mixer and practice in your living room. That’s like the easiest solution. For me, I didn’t really intend on becoming a professional DJ. I just threw parties and I would be the one playing records at those parties. So naturally, I learned how to DJ. 

Posted by: Old DJ ()
Date: November 01, 2018 11:09AM

mylesjury Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Please provide with step-by-step method how to become a good DJ.

1. Be smart and talented enough to not need step-by-step instructions.

Posted by: Davis.DJ ()
Date: November 01, 2018 12:55PM

Have a wide variety of music. With today's streaming services, this should not be a problem. Know your audience. Playing music at a party is not about playing music YOU like, it's about playing music your AUDIENCE likes. If you're playing a retirement home, they ain't gonna' wanna' hear "The Thong Song". If you're playing a bar mitzvah, they ain't gonna' wanna' hear "Wichita Lineman".

Have energy when you crack on the mike but don't be obnoxious. And for fuck's sake...do NOT play that DJ Horn effect. That...is obnoxious.

Finally, buy the best equipment you can afford, continue updating it and make sure you have backups of everything. Nothing kills a buzz or a party like a DJ whose shit just blew up and they have no redundancy on site.

Posted by: Avon Barksdale ()
Date: November 01, 2018 01:10PM

That's great advice for DJ work at some 7 year olds birthday party.

How about you get get some sick beats and my man lysol get you up in da club with the bitches and ho's. Then we see what a real DJ look like.

Posted by: That you Meade? ()
Date: November 01, 2018 02:53PM

Man! You never stop trying to better yourself! Highest marks! Is it true that the iconic picture of you laying dead in the movie "Field of Lost
Shoes", was originally going to be edited out but the producer objected? He was adamant that the "kid stay in the picture". Well done.

Posted by: Stringer.Bell ()
Date: November 01, 2018 05:59PM

Avon Barksdale Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's great advice for DJ work at some 7 year
> olds birthday party.
>
> How about you get get some sick beats and my man
> lysol get you up in da club with the bitches and
> ho's. Then we see what a real DJ look like.

THE JOKE

YOUR HEAD

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.