HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab
Posted by: Tin Whiskers ()
Date: December 28, 2009 12:44PM

The name says it all!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab
Posted by: Sadam-E ()
Date: December 28, 2009 02:20PM

Umustaff Herrod Ah-Pyur Puper

Posted by: Sho'Nuf ()
Date: December 28, 2009 03:48PM

Look who is buddies are. They should have had at least twice the
"Art Therapy" before being let go from Gitmo. Is this for real?

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/men-believed-northwest-airlines-plot-set-free/story?id=9434065

Posted by: I'm a artest! ()
Date: December 28, 2009 04:26PM

I think paints and crayons are a very effective tool in combatting terrorist viewpoints and murderous mentality.

Keep this type of shit up, and oh man are we fucked.

Posted by: Steve Wilhite ()
Date: December 28, 2009 04:34PM

How many virgins do you get if you master fingerpainting?

Posted by: Bob Ross ()
Date: December 28, 2009 05:15PM

As many as you can tap, tap, tap...

>How many virgins do you get if you master fingerpainting?

Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: December 28, 2009 09:15PM

Because we all know how much muslims are interested in art. LOL.

Posted by: Fairfax Felix ()
Date: December 29, 2009 10:32AM

Some facts:
+All Muslims are not terrorists
+98% of terrorists identified to date are Muslims
+Screw political correctness, profiling is in order.

Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: December 29, 2009 06:11PM

Not only did the system fail, it appears Amsterdam has interesting passport requirements.

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2009/12/flight_253_passenger_says_at_l.html

Haskell said he and his wife were sitting on the ground near their boarding gate in Amsterdam, which is when they saw Mutallab approach the gate with an unidentified man.
While Mutallab was poorly dressed, his friend was dressed in an expensive suit, Haskell said. He says the suited man asked ticket agents whether Mutallab could board without a passport. “The guy said, 'He's from Sudan and we do this all the time.'”

Mutallab is Nigerian. Haskell believes the man may have been trying to garner sympathy for Mutallab's lack of documents by portraying him as a Sudanese refugee.

The ticket agent referred Mutallab and his companion to her manager down the hall, and Haskell didn't see Mutallab again until after he allegedly tried to detonate an explosive on the plane.

In Amsterdam? Sounds like they have some interestingly lax rules if they "...do this all the time"

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Date: December 29, 2009 06:15PM

Well, this will certainly help Dodd with the current situation coming under focus...

Sen. Dodd, D-Conn., slashed aviation security funding for pet constituency
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Sen-Dodd-D-Conn-slashed-aviation-security-funding-for-pet-constituency-80209967.html

Back in July, Senator Chris Dodd, D-Conn., proposed an amendment reducing aviation security appropriations by $4.5 million in favor of firefighter grants -- a notoriously inneffective program. In fact, the money was specifically "for screening operations and the amount for explosives detection systems." The amendment was also sponsored by Sen. Lieberman, D-Conn., and Sen. Carper, D-Del., but Dodd deserves to be singled out here because the firefighters union is a pet constituency of his.

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Date: December 29, 2009 06:25PM

What the heck is going on - it is more important to worry about letting TSA workers form a union it seems, then it is to worry about passenger safety these days. Maybe if they spent less time worrying about a non issue, they wouldn't have to worry about a guy lighting himself on fire in a plane...

This comedy just keeps getting worse.

Napolitano wants to unionize TSA employees despite safety concerns
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Napolitano-wants-to-unionize-TSA-employees-despite-safety-concerns-80206432.html

"...When we formed the airport security system we realize we could not use collective bargaining and unionization because of that need to be flexible. Yet that appears to be the top priority of the administration."

The flexibility that DeMint speaks of is crucial. After a British airliner bombing plot was uncovered in 2006, the TSA overhauled security procedures in a matter of 12 hours to deal with the threat of liquid explosives. It's difficult to imagine that kind of flexibility under ossified union rules.

The reason why DeMint is concerned about unionizing TSA is twofold. One, the President's nominee to head up the TSA, Eroll Southers, refuses to say whether he would allow collective bargaining.

Date: December 29, 2009 06:29PM

Sho'Nuf Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Look who is buddies are. They should have had at
> least twice the
> "Art Therapy" before being let go from Gitmo. Is
> this for real?
>

Two of the four leaders allegedly behind the al Qaeda plot to blow up a Northwest Airlines passenger jet over Detroit were released by the U.S. from the Guantanamo prison in November 2007

Yes, it's for real. And it happened under Bush.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Date: December 29, 2009 06:59PM

Wait, so first GITMO should have been closed for all those years, and we should release the illegally detained prisoners. So, following the whining of the libs they instituted tribunal review boards to determine if they could prosecute these folks or not. The ones they determined they didn't have enough evidence to hold, or were not high value detainees they released. All the while, folks were saying this was a bad idea, and they would go back to their organizations. So - now that it happened as predicted, this is somehow still Bush's fault?

LOL!

WTL, I was wrong, you are steadily becoming exactly the same as the nameless one. Have a nice trip to delusion hell.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: December 29, 2009 07:39PM

are you guys all blind? you clearly dont realize this is all canada's fault.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: December 29, 2009 07:41PM

I blame Gravis, personally.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Date: December 29, 2009 07:42PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
> I blame Gravis, personally.

Gen is the canadian terrorist, not me.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: December 29, 2009 08:09PM

Gravis Wrote:
> MrMephisto Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I blame Gravis, personally.
>
> Gen is the canadian terrorist, not me.

If you were a Canadian terrorist, I doubt you'd tell me.

I've got my eye on you, canuck.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Posted by: true facts ()
Date: December 29, 2009 08:48PM

Fairfax Felix Wrote:
> Some facts:
> +All Muslims are not terrorists
> +98% of terrorists identified to date are Muslims
> +Screw political correctness, profiling is in
> order.

I don't think it is even profiling, it's facts. What countries are we at war with or fighting in? Arabic ones. Who do you think would want to attack us then? Arabs. In WWII, do you think we turned a blind eye to suspicious German people? Nope. I think putting all the Japanese-Americans in internment camps was fucked up, but did Pearl Harbor happen again? Nope. Why should we not "profile" the people we are at war with? I know the vast majority of Arabs are great people and I feel bad they get scrutinized, but it is neccesary.

Posted by: Dane Bramage ()
Date: December 29, 2009 09:04PM

'There was a mix of human and systemic failures that contributed to this potential catastrophic breach of security,' Obama said in a radio message from vacation in Hawaii. 'We need to learn from this episode and act quickly to fix the flaws in our system, because our security is at stake and lives are at stake.'

Janet Napolitano needs to go.

Date: December 30, 2009 08:39AM

Dane Bramage Wrote:
> 'There was a mix of human and systemic failures
> that contributed to this potential catastrophic
> breach of security,' Obama said in a radio message
> from vacation in Hawaii. 'We need to learn from
> this episode and act quickly to fix the flaws in
> our system, because our security is at stake and
> lives are at stake.'

this wouldnt have happened if janet reno were on the case!

NOTE: i was going to post a clip of a "Janet Reno's Dance Party" from SNL but NBC has taken it upon themselves to be complete assholes and remove every clip on the internet so that they can not show it for themselves.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.