HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
i'd say THE BUDGET needs abuse oversight: problem is I'm ALREADY BILLED FOR IT, and they don't do it.
Posted by: 9nk4e ()
Date: March 24, 2018 11:48AM

i'd say THE BUDGET needs abuse oversight: problem is I'm ALREADY BILLED FOR IT, and they don't do it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: i'd say THE BUDGET needs abuse oversight: problem is I'm ALREADY BILLED FOR IT, and they don't do it.
Posted by: uncle same ()
Date: March 24, 2018 12:13PM

The rules of the House require that the Budget Committee’s membership be composed of five members from the Committee on Ways and Means, five members from the Committee on Appropriations, and one member from the Committee on Rules.5 In addition, House rules require that the committee include one member designated by the majority party leadership and one member designated by the minority party leadership

5+5+1+1=12 members

however, 36 members are listed, majority is ostensibly R

https://budget.house.gov/about/members/

Chairman Steve Womack, Arkansas

Steve_Womack-e1495578045264-420x420.jpg

Who's responsible for democrats attacking republicans in democrat run areas like fairfax while building mc'mansions?

Steve Womack is, rather was.

Re: i'd say THE BUDGET needs abuse oversight: problem is I'm ALREADY BILLED FOR IT, and they don't do it.
Posted by: jjjcx ()
Date: March 24, 2018 12:16PM

Is that what his website says he'd do? No. Is that what the floor rules charter to create a committee says their job is? No. Is that what they told the USA denizens? No.

There was no review of abusive use of the budget (both tax money and borrowing via using the BOP / fake money printing machines).

Posted by: ewepe ()
Date: March 24, 2018 12:18PM

Reforming Government Programs While Improving Accountability

Every tax dollar collected by the Federal Government was generated by private-sector economic activity. Responsible stewardship of taxpayer dollars is a fundamental component of the budget resolution. At every opportunity possible, the budget reforms government programs and improves accountability to while generating better outcomes for Americans.

Shut the fuck up Steve, I'm sick of your crap.

Posted by: guess who's on the committee ()
Date: March 24, 2018 12:22PM

Debbie Wasserman Schultz

DWlqOL5U0AAea6L.jpg

Posted by: jlyyf ()
Date: March 24, 2018 12:24PM

imran-awan-Facebook-via-The-Daily-Caller

(debbie worked with this man who worked as a spy for India - a nation hostile to usa and china - who are vying for "tech contracts" saying USA is no longer a tech giant)

i'm pretty sure we should be trusting little debbie with national funding secrets and or "reviewing democrat fairness" for steve right?

Posted by: vckmc ()
Date: March 24, 2018 12:26PM

Z52IODphmLE

i don't suppose Steve will be fleeing the country any time soon?

Posted by: 3tjbh ()
Date: March 24, 2018 12:35PM

Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz jabs at Donald Trump by going after son-in-law Jared Kushner's security clearance. Republicans say it's a political stunt.

Since former DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz resigned from her post in disgrace, the Democratic establishment has helped her revamp her image.

Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz jabs at Donald Trump by going after son-in-law Jared Kushner's security clearance. Republicans say it's a political stunt.

obviously she's still an operative, and not only not punished BUT ...

WAS AWARDED for her association with a spy - and given a position of "covering up money crimes" by TOP DEMOCRATS

Posted by: 4rtgf ()
Date: March 24, 2018 12:39PM

Jayapal was born in Chennai, India, to an Indian family and was raised in Indonesia and Singapore

is "overseeing democrat spending", checking to see if it isn't corrupt

WTF??

Posted by: phug3 ()
Date: March 24, 2018 12:40PM

Carbajal was born in Moroleón, Mexico in 1964[1][2] and later immigrated to the United States initially to Arizona

Posted by: 97nxe ()
Date: March 24, 2018 12:43PM

Jackson Lee was born Sheila Jackson in Queens, New York. Her parents were immigrants from Jamaica.[1] She graduated from Jamaica High School in Queens.

Posted by: correction ()
Date: March 24, 2018 12:45PM

MANY dems had parents born in foreign countries (i'd like to see all of them have yearbooks, they might have fake histories)

I DID NOT LIST THEM, and the above was mistaken - was born in USA so was not intended to be listed

Posted by: correction ()
Date: March 24, 2018 02:55PM

If it wasn't obvious, Debbie Wasserman Schultz is on the Budget Oversight Committee

Posted by: ej6vg ()
Date: March 24, 2018 11:12PM

ej6vg

Posted by: gxlyp ()
Date: March 24, 2018 11:37PM

Dating to before the American Civil War, presidents including Ulysses S. Grant and Ronald Reagan have sought line-item veto powers. It was not until the Clinton presidency that Congress passed such legislation.[3] Intended to control "pork barrel spending", the Line Item Veto Act of 1996 was held to be unconstitutional by the U.S. Supreme Court in a 1998 ruling in Clinton v. City of New York.

Posted by: 3myfk ()
Date: March 24, 2018 11:39PM

SO. why is it Clinton got line itmes against republican spending, Trump didn't get line items against Democrat spending

people are past tired of political games

i hope they realize the WORST game is being played inside their own County, which likely has an old europe style PARLIAMENT, having many such powers old european parliaments had (yes, the ones overthrown for following no rule but their own wealth)

Posted by: CORRECTION ()
Date: March 24, 2018 11:40PM

The bill was introduced by Senator Bob Dole on January 4, 1995, NOT Clinton

Posted by: CORRECTION ()
Date: March 24, 2018 11:41PM

Judge Thomas Hogan of the United States District Court for the District of Columbia combined the cases and declared the law unconstitutional on February 12, 1998

IT WAS CLINTON who (lost the case). though several senators considered "line item" illegal

Posted by: 9jpgd ()
Date: March 24, 2018 11:43PM

While the Constitution of the Confederate States of America was largely based on the U.S. Constitution, one of the most notable departures was the granting of a line-item veto to the President.[8] Jefferson Davis, however, never exercised the provision.

State governments[edit]
Forty-three states—all except Indiana, Maryland, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Rhode Island, and Vermont—give their governors some form of line-item veto power.[9] The Mayor of Washington, D.C. also has this power.[

(note those are all democrat states?)

Posted by: edh3v ()
Date: March 24, 2018 11:44PM

At any rate: the taxpayer PAYS for these things to be fairly reviewed.

THEY ARE NOT. THEY HAVE NOT BEEN FOR A LONG TIME.

AND IT'S TIME TO SUE THE FUCKERS WHO HAVEN'T DONE THEIR DAMN JOB IN DECADES

Posted by: How long? ()
Date: March 24, 2018 11:52PM

How long before the silent majority stands uo to this wreckless spending and criminal corruption?

Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: March 25, 2018 12:58AM

Are these Republican rats still talking about spending? I used to think they were idiots, then I thought they were hypocrites, now I think they're insane.

Posted by: gerrymanderer2.. ()
Date: March 25, 2018 01:01AM

blah blah blah

blah blah blah

Posted by: gerrymanderer2.. ()
Date: March 25, 2018 01:02AM

insert < democratic (me so oppressed) talking point

Posted by: 4wxh4 ()
Date: April 01, 2018 05:38PM

Posted by: hn9dl ()
Date: April 01, 2018 10:36PM

hn9dl

Posted by: plcwd ()
Date: April 02, 2018 08:10AM

plcwd

Posted by: ehyxn ()
Date: April 02, 2018 08:20AM

Still the fact remains:

* these people did NOTHING but push aside like a broken flood gate

* debbie wasserman shcultz, under investigation for complicity with the Government of India, was given status as "A WATCH DOG"

Posted by: xyjye ()
Date: April 03, 2018 12:09PM

xyjye

Posted by: uhfp9 ()
Date: April 04, 2018 10:12AM

uhfp9

Posted by: TJGYC ()
Date: April 05, 2018 11:17AM

TJGYC

Posted by: 3edly ()
Date: April 07, 2018 10:59AM

3edly

Posted by: hyn69 ()
Date: April 09, 2018 12:49PM

hyn69

Posted by: gebux ()
Date: April 10, 2018 11:29AM

gebux

Posted by: wpphx ()
Date: April 12, 2018 08:20PM

Congress is already passing "extra budget bills". How do you pass a budget bill after the budget was already signed?

Is there any OVERSIGHT in these new bills?

Posted by: wumuj ()
Date: April 28, 2018 12:07PM

what were they overlooking?

were they insuring the opportunity of the poor to work was going down and poor taxes were going up?

Posted by: tkuvu ()
Date: May 02, 2018 12:14PM

tkuvu

Posted by: cdhey ()
Date: May 03, 2018 06:20PM

cdhey

Posted by: ym6ed ()
Date: May 04, 2018 09:26PM

All I keep hearing is:

* I'm getting cutbacks

* No jobs available for (people like me, not DNC)

* Raises for gov workers

* new "super projects"

* continual ranting legislation disregarding existing law

Posted by: 3tdvt ()
Date: July 08, 2018 11:39PM

3tdvt

Posted by: Gerry and His Boyfriend ()
Date: July 08, 2018 11:44PM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are these Republican rats still talking about
> spending? I used to think they were idiots, then
> I thought they were hypocrites, now I think
> they're insane.
Attachments:
065C27D3-30F9-4FFB-8038-DB801F9D0CB5.jpeg

Posted by: 7mngn ()
Date: August 09, 2018 10:33PM

little red riding hood

Posted by: jhmpk ()
Date: August 12, 2018 09:07PM

jhmpk

Posted by: xyvge ()
Date: August 15, 2018 09:39PM

xyvge

Posted by: ypux9 ()
Date: August 19, 2018 02:27PM

ypux9

Posted by: hekwj ()
Date: August 27, 2018 01:48PM

hekwj

Posted by: pounm, ()
Date: October 13, 2018 07:39PM

at least the democrat tax funded ad council didn't support this article

be proud !

Posted by: x4vkd ()
Date: January 31, 2019 11:23PM

220px-Steve_Womack%2C_Official_Portrait%

how you doing steve? find any corruption?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.