HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Can the cops find me?
Posted by: fear n' loating ()
Date: December 17, 2009 03:00PM

So I got busted the other day for allegedly jumping over a subway turnsyle in NYC. I received a ticket ($100). The arresting officer has the following information only (He has the real information, I'm just making it up for this posts sake)

Name: Jon Doe
DOB: 12 January 1976
Description: approximately 6 foot tall asian male, 170 pounds

He does not have my social security number, address, telephone number.

Assuming I never visit NYC again, if I fail to pay the $100, could they ever find me and would this come back to haunt me in ways I can not foresee in the future? I'm moving to Russia in 2 weeks also, so good luck finding me there. In the event I do come back, it will be to Virginia only. If a warrant is issued, would VA extradite me on a turnstyle-hopping charge? I'm leaning towards just ignoring it and taking my chances. I won't pop up in any NY system, and I doubt they'll run my name and DOB through each 50 states. If I was going to stay in NYC, I'd pay up, but since I'm out of the state and the charge is so miniscule, can I get away with this one?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can the cops find me?
Posted by: Scofflaws suck @ss ()
Date: December 17, 2009 03:04PM

He has your name, they could track you down and I hope they do. You broke the rules and you should have all of your pubic hair ripped out.

What is loating btw??

Posted by: fear n' loathing ()
Date: December 17, 2009 03:06PM

Scofflaws suck @ss Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He has your name, they could track you down and I
> hope they do. You broke the rules and you should
> have all of your pubic hair ripped out.
>
> What is loating btw??

So all they need is a name and DOB? Surely there are other Jon Doe's...my name is pretty common. (my REAL name). I doubt they would track a minor offense to another state. and if they did...what would they do? Extradite me from VA? I doubt it.

Posted by: Mr. Sulu ()
Date: December 17, 2009 03:09PM

tell them that you did not know that you had to pay to get on the subway because the fare signs were hard for you to read with such squinty, slanted eyes.

Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: December 17, 2009 03:29PM

What kind of cop doesn't ask to see ID?

Date: December 17, 2009 03:33PM

Harry Tuttle Wrote:
> What kind of cop doesn't ask to see ID?

I didn't have an ID on me, so showed him papers with my name on it. He has an address and telephone number, but it isn't mine ;-) If he goes to them or calls the number, I'm not sure what he will find, but it wont be me

Date: December 17, 2009 03:41PM

If you never go to NYC again, I bet you'll be fine. It might mess up your credit though?

I still have a hard time buying your story though...

You didn't have your ID, but you had "papers" with your name on it?
What kind of papers were they?

He didn't ask for your SS#?

He still gave you a ticket without verifying your identity?

He didn't just haul your ass into jail to verify your identity?

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: December 17, 2009 03:41PM

Yup, I think I could find you. Provided you gave the correct info and your DMV information matches.

In NCIS I bet there is only one match for Joe Doe,born 12 January 1976, brown eyes, black hair, 6 foot.

When they run your name it checks the local police system and then usually checks the national(NCIS) database unless it is some small backwoods Sheriff department.

They will not come after you for a little ticket, but if you get pulled over and they run your record they'll arrest you for an outstanding warrant out of NYC and make you pay it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2009 03:48PM by Lurker..

Posted by: Scofflaws suck @ss ()
Date: December 17, 2009 03:47PM

You broke the rules, you should pay the fine. Society has rules and you should abide by them - why are you so cheap that you cannot pay a subway fare? How would you like it if someone stole a few bucks right out of your wallet? Because that is basically what you did - you stole and you are a thief.

You are a tool too btw.

Date: December 17, 2009 03:48PM

Harry Tuttle Wrote:
> If you never go to NYC again, I bet you'll be
> fine. It might mess up your credit though?
>
> I still have a hard time buying your story
> though...
>
> You didn't have your ID, but you had "papers" with
> your name on it?
> What kind of papers were they?
>
> He didn't ask for your SS#?
>
> He still gave you a ticket without verifying your
> identity?
>
> He didn't just haul your ass into jail to verify
> your identity?

About credit...that's fine. I have enough to go around. I figure if they DO find me, even 8 years from now, worst case scenario, the fine doubles, triples, or quadrouples. I'll take that gamble.

I showed the cop my homework papers. They had my name on them. He said he needed "something with my name on it" so I showed him my homework. This cop seemed really lazy. I thought for sure that not having an ID was a crime in NYC...thats a provision in the patriot act.

The Virginia DMV information links to my mommas old house. I haven't lived there since 2004 or 2005. Would a street cop use NCIS for such a small offense?

Keep in mind, this is all contingent that I never come to NYC again, which I have no problem with. If I rented here, looked for employment, or had investments, it would be different. I'm just a student who graduates (today, actually) and is leaving for greener pastures.

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: December 17, 2009 03:51PM

When they run your name it checks the local police system and then usually checks the national(NCIS) database unless it is some small backwoods Sheriff department.

They will not come after you for a little ticket, but if you get pulled over and they run your record they'll arrest you for an outstanding warrant out of NYC and make you pay it.

Come to think of it, I think NCIS works off security number so maybe you be ok.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2009 03:55PM by Lurker..

Posted by: fear and loathing ()
Date: December 17, 2009 03:57PM

Lurker. Wrote:
> When they run your name it checks the local police
> system and then usually checks the national(NCIS)
> database unless it is some small backwoods Sheriff
> department.
>
> They will not come after you for a little ticket,
> but if you get pulled over and they run your
> record they'll arrest you for an outstanding
> warrant out of NYC and make you pay it.

Ahh...so I would have to avoid getting pulled over ever again. That's tough. How would they make me pay for it? I assume at this point, once they link me to the "crime", the gig is up. I wonder if the NYPD would put this in the NCIS with just the limited information they have and how they could tie it to me. Wouldn't other Jon Doe's with the same birthday get flagged also?

Could I get away with "I don't konw what you are talking about" or "it wasn't me" at that point? Or maybe request a trial and play dumb? If VA cops (or wherever I happen to live one day in the US) run my stuff through NCIS if NYPD puts it in there, then I'm toast. I'm hoping that connection wont be made. This cop seemed lazy and I wonder how aggressively they persue these things.

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: December 17, 2009 04:13PM

More than likely, it'll collect a bunch of late fees and shit. After a while, a warrant will be out for your arrest. If you ever go to New York and the cops run your info, they'll arrest you on the spot. You'll be forced to pay the full fine plus penalties, plus court fees, etc.

I'm not sure how it works across state lines, but you did a dumb thing.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Date: December 17, 2009 04:16PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
> More than likely, it'll collect a bunch of late
> fees and shit. After a while, a warrant will be
> out for your arrest. If you ever go to New York
> and the cops run your info, they'll arrest you on
> the spot. You'll be forced to pay the full fine
> plus penalties, plus court fees, etc.
>
> I'm not sure how it works across state lines, but
> you did a dumb thing.

I'm not worried about late fees and money stuff. I'll never be in New York again probably. I'll keep that in mind. It's the state-lines thing I'm worried about. NYC won't extradite on such a small charge, even though I risk being taken down to station to sort things out. I accept that. I'm guessing there's a 75% chance i can get away with this one.

Date: December 17, 2009 04:25PM

I really think you'll be fine as long as you don't get pulled over in New York state... Even then, there is no real way to prove that you are the guy they are looking for. Just say you don't know what they're talking about and go to court if it comes to it.

Date: December 17, 2009 04:28PM

Harry Tuttle Wrote:
> I really think you'll be fine as long as you don't
> get pulled over in New York state... Even then,
> there is no real way to prove that you are the guy
> they are looking for. Just say you don't know what
> they're talking about and go to court if it comes
> to it.

My thoughts exactly. I don't drive (even though I have an old license) and use Mass transit. This is the first time I got busted in my entire life for anything. I'll be careful and then IF it comes up, "Um...I don't know what you are talking about officer?"

I'll be overseas anyway for the next few years. It wont be a big deal. I see this as a big game of cat-and-mouse. I look forward to the challenge.

come git some!

Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: December 17, 2009 04:33PM

Where this will potentially hurt you is down the road. If you apply for a job in the future, it is very possible they will run a criminal background check. If it turns out you have something like that in your background that you didn't address it could mess you up.

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Date: December 17, 2009 04:38PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
> Where this will potentially hurt you is down the
> road. If you apply for a job in the future, it is
> very possible they will run a criminal background
> check. If it turns out you have something like
> that in your background that you didn't address it
> could mess you up.

What if "I have no idea what you are talking about" or "it wasn't me"? I'm sure its happened before...innocent Jon Doe's who have a warrant out for the wrong person. Would the job automatically toss out your application, or give you a chance to explain yourself? The word WARRANT is intimidating.

Date: December 17, 2009 04:54PM

So you would go into a job, and the first thing they would learn about you is that you are willing to lie over $100 ticket?

Assuming of course that eventually they dig enough and determine that it was you that did it?

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: December 17, 2009 04:54PM

fear and loathing Wrote:
> Ahh...so I would have to avoid getting pulled over
> ever again. That's tough. How would they make me
> pay for it? I assume at this point, once they link
> me to the "crime", the gig is up. I wonder if the
> NYPD would put this in the NCIS with just the
> limited information they have and how they could
> tie it to me. Wouldn't other Jon Doe's with the
> same birthday get flagged also?

They'd probably slap another charge on it for going across state lines.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Date: December 17, 2009 05:06PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
> So you would go into a job, and the first thing
> they would learn about you is that you are willing
> to lie over $100 ticket?
>
> Assuming of course that eventually they dig enough
> and determine that it was you that did it?

Remember, "It wasn't me, and i have no idea what you are talking about".

Besides, what jobs (as if there are any left...) would not hire a competant person based on jay walking, turnstyle jumping, or other small crimes? They do not sound like the kind of places I would want to work anyway. Probably government jobs, but those jobs aren't things I'd be interested in anyway.

Date: December 17, 2009 05:13PM

Generally schools, banks, contract jobs potentially doing work for other places end up having criminal background check requirements whether they do government work or not. Anything to do with kids these days, etc.

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: December 17, 2009 05:18PM

fear n' loathing Wrote:
> I'll never be in New York again probably.

Never is a long time.

Posted by: Genevieve ()
Date: December 17, 2009 05:19PM

fear and loathing Wrote:
>
>
> Besides, what jobs (as if there are any left...)
> would not hire a competant person based on jay
> walking, turnstyle jumping, or other small crimes?
> They do not sound like the kind of places I would
> want to work anyway. Probably government jobs, but
> those jobs aren't things I'd be interested in
> anyway.

It isn't so much the crime, but your failure to take responsibility and pay the fine. I wouldn't hire you based solely on the contents of this thread.

Posted by: fear n' loating ()
Date: December 17, 2009 05:25PM

Genevieve Wrote:
> fear and loathing Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> >
> > Besides, what jobs (as if there are any
> left...)
> > would not hire a competant person based on jay
> > walking, turnstyle jumping, or other small
> crimes?
> > They do not sound like the kind of places I
> would
> > want to work anyway. Probably government jobs,
> but
> > those jobs aren't things I'd be interested in
> > anyway.
>
> It isn't so much the crime, but your failure to
> take responsibility and pay the fine. I wouldn't
> hire you based solely on the contents of this
> thread.

That's why I disguise my identity...I dont want this to bite me one day so i use public computer and change ID info.

But if "I have no idea what you are talking about" when some cop or employer in ten years in california or florida brings up a turnstyle hopping incident, could I be blamed for something that must be a "mistaken identity?"

Morally, this is wrong. I can confess to that. But, I have no morals and am turned on by a cat-and-mouse game of "evade". i can play the confused-card pretty well. So if I went to trial in ten years, whats the probability i'd be convicted?

Posted by: hahahaha ()
Date: December 17, 2009 05:37PM

Hey fear n' loating, are your initials SR? I think i know you haha...

Date: December 17, 2009 05:43PM

hahahaha Wrote:
> Hey fear n' loating, are your initials SR? I think
> i know you haha...

Nope. Sorry man. Not SR. Did you try to track IP or something? That would be funny if you knew me though. small world...

Posted by: hahahaha ()
Date: December 17, 2009 05:54PM

Hahaha no I'm not creepy like that. I know a guy from VA who goes to school in NY and loves Russia, thought me might move there. Guess not haha

But for yourr question, nah I wouldn't pay it. If you go to pay it, they'll probably ask why you gave the wrong # and address and you could probably get in trouble for that. I doubt they'll track you for a $100 ticket.

Posted by: Shadow ()
Date: December 17, 2009 06:21PM

If it's such a small fine, why not just pay it and then you won't have anything to worry about.

Seems pretty simple to me.

Posted by: Gonzo ()
Date: December 17, 2009 06:30PM

do you remember the time you were in NYC and some bastard stole your backpack while you were standing outside looking through the window of GMA?

That bastard jumped the turnstile, not you.

Enjoy Russia and have no concerns. Good Luck.

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: December 17, 2009 08:07PM

This story makes no sense, because if he didn't have a way to ID you for sure, then the case could easily fall apart in Court.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: December 17, 2009 08:09PM

Oh yeah, btw, don't jump any turnstiles in Moscow. They'll break your legs.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: Alias ()
Date: December 17, 2009 09:04PM

fear n' loating,

Did you write your date of birth on your homework assignment?

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: December 17, 2009 09:08PM

And why is someone walking around with "homework" in a subway in NYC if they live here?

Posted by: Dane Bramage ()
Date: December 17, 2009 09:31PM

I'd pay it. Karma is a bitch.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: December 17, 2009 09:34PM

Dane Bramage Wrote:
> I'd pay it. Karma is a bitch.

if by "Karma" you mean "The law" then yes, it is a bitch.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: December 17, 2009 10:09PM

fear n' loating sounds like a homeless person..... just ridin the subways with his homework.

Posted by: pigeons ()
Date: December 17, 2009 10:30PM

WTF is the loating? You are you some kind of stupid? Loating doesn't make sense itz loathing fucking lamer. oanly lametards have homework on a train. ROFLCOPTER!

Posted by: SHeesh! ()
Date: December 17, 2009 10:44PM

pigeons Wrote:
> WTF is the loating? You are you some kind of
> stupid? Loating doesn't make sense itz loathing
> fucking lamer. oanly lametards have homework on a
> train. ROFLCOPTER!

pigeons =

Attachments:
blistersduck1.jpg

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: December 17, 2009 10:51PM

SHeesh! Wrote:
> pigeons Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > WTF is the loating? You are you some kind of
> > stupid? Loating doesn't make sense itz loathing
> > fucking lamer. oanly lametards have homework on
> a
> > train. ROFLCOPTER!
>
>
> pigeons =

I suppose you are implying with that name that I am responsible for "pigeons." Sorry, wrong answer, but thanks for always thinking about me.

Cary told me in an email he has banned almost 50 IPs from you, how many more are you going to go through? There are only so many Starbucks and bookstores that offer free wifi. Lord knows you got your home ip banned long ago, and I seriously doubt you are intelligent enough to know how to get a new IP through DHCP.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2009 10:53PM by eesh.

Date: December 17, 2009 10:53PM

Pigeon wrote:
WTF is the loating?

Maybe he has a little gas problem and he meant to type bloating.

Posted by: bwhatttt? ()
Date: December 17, 2009 10:58PM

Who is the guy in the pigeon pic? I see edited pics of him on this forum a lot...

Posted by: @nswer ()
Date: December 17, 2009 11:01PM

it's eesh/bloody blisters/harry tuttle/thurston moore/kenny powers/more complete/ya/wingnut they are all the same person talking to himself

Posted by: hmmmmmm ()
Date: December 17, 2009 11:05PM

where'd the pic come from?

if it is eesh, he looks like the guy from Mythbusters

Posted by: @nswer ()
Date: December 17, 2009 11:07PM

harry tuttle exposed eesh's personal info then it turned out harry tuttle is another alias of eesh. the guy is a schizo lol

Posted by: pigeons ()
Date: December 17, 2009 11:07PM

bwhatttt? Wrote:
> Who is the guy in the pigeon pic? I see edited
> pics of him on this forum a lot...

That's fat ugly fux0r is Expensive Jeans AKA Bloody blisters AKA Eesh AKA HARry TUttle. he haz 100s different namez and he tries too sneaky but he is so obviouslt gay and a lamor. GTFO MOTHERPHUCKING INTERNET EJ URE ANNOYING!

owl_orly.pngnerd.jpg

Posted by: DAK ()
Date: December 19, 2009 08:02PM

I don't even need to read the details. If the question is "Can the Cops Find Me?", the answer is always "Yes."

Posted by: bloody blisters ()
Date: December 19, 2009 08:48PM

first thing i noticed to discredit the op. a 6 foot tall asian?? yeah right. yeah yeah yeah yao ming is like 7 feet tall, but he was born without parents.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.