HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Which was worse: the civil unrest of the 60’s-70’s or the social upheaval of the 2010’s?
Posted by: Youngin ()
Date: October 08, 2017 09:58PM

I’m 30 so I wasn’t around for all the stuff that happened back in the 60’s-70’s (watergate, race riots, etc.) but older folks I know always make a point to mention that although times now are rough, it wasn’t as bad in America as it was during the mid 60’s- late 70’s. Is that true?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Which was worse: the civil unrest of the 60’s-70’s or the social upheaval of the 2010’s?
Posted by: Not the place ()
Date: October 08, 2017 09:59PM

Lol dude, I don't think FFXU is the best place to ask this.

Reddit would have been a better option.

Re: Which was worse: the civil unrest of the 60’s-70’s or the social upheaval of the 2010’s?
Posted by: All are welcome ()
Date: October 08, 2017 10:48PM

Not the place Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lol dude, I don't think FFXU is the best place to
> ask this.
>
> Reddit would have been a better option.

Nonsense, FFXU is absolutely best place on the internet to get a fair and balanced view on all of today's topics.
Welcome aboard Youngin and hope you get some good advice here.

Posted by: Life is Beautiful ()
Date: October 08, 2017 11:16PM

Youngin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I’m 30 so I wasn’t around for all the stuff
> that happened back in the 60’s-70’s
> (watergate, race riots, etc.) but older folks I
> know always make a point to mention that although
> times now are rough, it wasn’t as bad in America
> as it was during the mid 60’s- late 70’s. Is
> that true?

The sixties and seventies were a great time for coming of age. You make the best of any situation.

Posted by: Uncle Sampson ()
Date: October 08, 2017 11:29PM

Not old enough. But everyone I've asked who was, says the 60s were a shitload worse. It's one of the only things that makes me feel better while I watch this awesome country go down the shitter. We've allowed ourselves to be manipulated and weakened by what originally made us the best - our freedom of speech, thought and right to act on those beliefs. I figure if we made it out OK from the 60s, we can do weather this storm too. We just need to stop reducing ourselves to the smallest common denominator. It starts with the leadership.

Posted by: AlbertEinstein ()
Date: October 09, 2017 05:47AM

It was WAY more intense in the 60's (not so much the 70's BTW). With civil unrest and Vietnam the division was 10x what it is now. I don't understand all this "racial division" talk. As I walk around Fredericksburg all I see is everyone getting along. Maybe we are immune. What is worse is the fake news blowing things out of proportion for profit.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.