HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
What America needs is a viable third party option
Posted by: New federalist ()
Date: August 02, 2017 08:42AM

http://www.redstate.com/diary/jkurtinitis/2017/01/23/can-new-federalist-party-succeed/

Americans are more open to the idea of a third party now than they have in 200 years. Republicans and Democrats cannot promote the wants & needs of their constituents any longer, and the stranglehold they have on American politics is not conducive to the multi-party Republican model our nation was founded on. It's time for a new Federalist party to take shape to change that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What America needs is a viable third party option
Posted by: You fool ()
Date: August 02, 2017 08:44AM

Will never happen. It only looks like two
Party's. The new world order is running both.
Why do you think nothing changes with either in charge.
Wise up.

If voting mattered, they wouldn't let us do it.
-Mark Twain

Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: August 02, 2017 08:45AM

Fuck a third party. I need whoever Republicans have been conditioned to hate the most. I want whoever will make them kill themselves. I want them to Trumptard themselves into living hell or have one other option and that's Nancy Pelosi or Hillary or whoever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2017 08:45AM by Gerrymanderer2.

Posted by: Hamilton ()
Date: August 02, 2017 08:53AM

When third parties start promoting competent and marketable candidates, people will stump for them. This past election is proof that both parties are more vulnerable than ever, and have completely betrayed the American people's confidence in our process. The Democrats rigged their election for the shill, and not a single Republican could impede the path of a candidate who had no business running in the first place. Hillary wasn't the best candidate in the dem. pool, but Trump's nomination is a slap in the face to our democracy. We'd been just as well off if we had elected Pauly Shore into the presidency. I'm open to a third party option when one that is sane becomes available.

Posted by: Gary Johnson ()
Date: August 02, 2017 08:54AM

What's an Aleppo?

Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: August 02, 2017 08:59AM

We need who Republicans hate the most. Make the only option vs their absolute failure Maxine Waters. Don't come to the rescue so they only fuck it up again. Fuck them. Keep them right between a rock and a hard place if that's where they want to be.

Posted by: i:6$/8tb ()
Date: August 02, 2017 09:08AM

The 'first past the post' voting system we use here virtually guarantees a two party state, and changing the method of voting would be way too difficult because our system is decentralized (and should remain that way). Honestly, if we limited campaign contributions and PAC money, and ended gerrymandering i think we'd begin to see a more representative democracy. Of course their are other reforms too but those two things are cancer on our political system.

Posted by: Too right ()
Date: August 02, 2017 09:38AM

i:6$/8tb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The 'first past the post' voting system we use
> here virtually guarantees a two party state, and
> changing the method of voting would be way too
> difficult because our system is decentralized (and
> should remain that way). Honestly, if we limited
> campaign contributions and PAC money, and ended
> gerrymandering i think we'd begin to see a more
> representative democracy. Of course their are
> other reforms too but those two things are cancer
> on our political system.

I couldn't agree more. I still don't think the two party state is beneficial nor sustainable to the nation any longer. Putting aside how much more culturally and racially diverse we are, we are also a lot more diverse in our political beliefs than we were before. A symptom of this is the fact that 43% of the voter based sat on the sidelines this past election. 10,000 people also voted for a dead gorilla as a "protest" vote. Abolishing Citizen's United is a start in the right direction. It shouldn't be an issue when you consider the fact that money played a negligible role in determining the outcomes of the last three elections. The Koch brothers who backed Republicans, and the banks that backed Hillary would have been better off just flushing their cash down the crapper.

Posted by: Fixer of moronic posts ()
Date: August 02, 2017 10:53AM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> Fuck a third party. I need whoever Republicans
> have been conditioned to hate the most. I want
> whoever will make them kill themselves. I want
> them to Trumptard themselves into living hell or
> have one other option and that's Nancy Pelosi or
> Hillary or whoever.

With the passing of every day, you outdo yourself in the moronicity of your posts. This is again another post that is so moronic no amount of fixing will help it.

Posted by: FPTP voting ()
Date: August 02, 2017 11:06AM

There are already "third parties" out there. Nothing dictates that our system consist of two major parties. It just works out that way because we award the election to the guy with a plurality of votes. And every voter perceives that a third candidate will likely just spilt the vote between the 2 candidates they most align with. So they end up with neither candidate. It's just a flaw of the voting system and the founding fathers were well aware of it. You might start with 10 different parties but pretty soon they'll all naturally condense into just 2.

Posted by: Trump is the GOAT ()
Date: August 02, 2017 01:31PM

Trump and the people that voted for him are the 3rd party.

Posted by: really pathetic morons ()
Date: August 02, 2017 01:44PM

Trump is the GOAT Wrote:
> Trump and the people that voted for him are the
> 3rd party.

it's mostly a bunch of dumb rednecks, racists, and rust belt dropouts who think they're going to retire as millionaires once the coal industry comes back

Posted by: Birthy ()
Date: August 07, 2017 11:50AM

Maxine Waters thinks we landed on the planet MARS.
Lock her up she has long ago lost it.

Posted by: Mick ()
Date: August 07, 2017 01:16PM

We already have a third party. It is the 50% or so of eligible voters who sit at home on their fat asses on election day. They are really the ones who decide the outcome of our elections. Just look at what happened in 2016. Hillary had it locked up so why bother to go and vote? And look who we ended up with.

Posted by: ybaba ()
Date: August 07, 2017 01:25PM

Yes, third party or we desperately need a grassroots movement that can generate enough momentum for a write-in to get in. That's a long shot, but hey Trump got in, anything could happen. The democratic party is going down the toilet so fast my head is spinning and the republican party is becoming internally fractured that it looks like it will split anyway soon.

Posted by: Russian collusion!!! LOL!!!!!!! ()
Date: August 07, 2017 01:25PM

Mick Wrote:
> We already have a third party. It is the 50% or
> so of eligible voters who sit at home on their fat
> asses on election day. They are really the ones
> who decide the outcome of our elections. Just
> look at what happened in 2016. Hillary had it
> locked up so why bother to go and vote? And look
> who we ended up with.

You're out of line. Stick to the fake news Russian colluuuuuuusion narrative.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.