HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Rewarding selfishness, stupidity and irresponsibility with good parking spots. (no, not handicap parking)
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: October 27, 2009 08:11PM

Do you think selfishness, stupidity and irresponsibility should be rewarded with better parking spots? i dont it should.

there is a condition that is caused by one of these acts is being rewarded in shopping malls and other stores. so what is it? it's pregnancy. yes, the spots that are for pregnant mothers and people with "infants" are bullshit because these people made a choice to be selfish or stupid and irresponsible. yeah, many of you are probably, thinking im "dead wrong" but you are not thinking about it logically, you are thinking about it emotionally. there are enough people on this planet that we dont need to add to population, people want to out of their own selfish desires or they have screwed up and accidentally gotten pregnant which is their own doing as well. if this was anything except pregnancy that they chose, you would think as i do and think they should not get special treatment.

so, does anyone think as i do or are you a slave to your own selfish desires? bring on the flames... but at least present a logical argument.

file.php?40,file=5620
"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rewarding selfishness, stupidity and irresponsibility with good parking spots. (no, not handicap parking)
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: October 27, 2009 08:32PM

I am a slave to my own selfish desires.

It's a genetic imperative to have children. Selfish gene theory, desire to spread one's seed, whatever you want to call it. It's hard-coded in our genes. My girl and I both said when we were younger that we didn't want to have kids. Now that we're getting older, we're entertaining the notion more and more, and not because it's something we "think we should do."

Yes, there's way too fucking many of us running around, but that's why we're also hard-coded for violence and cruelty. If we don't kill each other, nothing will. It's evolution's answer to our breeding and adaptive abilities.

Those "pregnant and expecting mothers" parking spots are fucking bullshit, though.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Re: Rewarding selfishness, stupidity and irresponsibility with good parking spots. (no, not handicap parking)
Date: October 27, 2009 08:32PM

There are lots of people in wheel chairs who got there by being selfish, stupid and irresponsible. Maybe we need conditional handicapped parking spots.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Date: October 27, 2009 08:33PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Those "pregnant and expecting mothers" parking
> spots are fucking bullshit, though.

Wait until you are married to a pregnant and expecting mother. When they get to be 7 or 8 months, they have major back issues.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Date: October 27, 2009 09:00PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> MrMephisto Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> >
> > Those "pregnant and expecting mothers" parking
> > spots are fucking bullshit, though.
>
>
> Wait until you are married to a pregnant and
> expecting mother. When they get to be 7 or 8
> months, they have major back issues.

Bitch needs to stay in bed, then. Let the man handle shit.

Posted by: Alias ()
Date: October 27, 2009 09:12PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2012 03:36AM by Alias.

Posted by: -_- ()
Date: October 27, 2009 11:22PM

The only such signs I've seen are courtesy spaces, not enforceable by law.

That means it's the policy of the store -- like "no shoes, no service."

If you don't like the policy - which may well generate goodwill towards the store from non-misanthropic customers - take your business elsewhere.

Posted by: curious ()
Date: October 28, 2009 12:59AM

Gravis, perhaps you should simply "fuck the system" and park there anyway- my own two cents. . .

Posted by: RestonLass ()
Date: October 28, 2009 07:06AM

Maybe if more able-bodied people parked a little further from the store and walked the extra 100 steps, obesity would be such a big issue in our country.

The alternative is to add a few more reserved parking spaces for "fat people who aren't pregnant".

Date: October 28, 2009 07:32AM

curious Wrote:
> Gravis, perhaps you should simply "fuck the
> system" and park there anyway- my own two cents...

you are assuming i dont.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: fairfaxdude ()
Date: October 28, 2009 08:47AM

has anybody noticed the difference?

just sayin.....

Posted by: Yahweh ()
Date: October 28, 2009 09:13AM

RestonLass Wrote:

> parking spaces for "fat people who aren't pregnant".

that would take up more than half of the parking lots in this country!
I agree, I park far irregardless. walk a few extra feet, it wont kill you.

Posted by: Woman with kids ()
Date: October 28, 2009 09:20AM

I think its awesome, kids whether they are in your belly or handling them period is rough. There are too many handicap signs given to people who show no signs of a disability.

Posted by: Harry Tuttle ()
Date: October 28, 2009 06:01PM

Yahweh Wrote:
>
> that would take up more than half of the parking
> lots in this country!

LOL WE ARE SOOO FAT!

> I agree, I park far irregardless. walk a few extra
> feet, it wont kill you.

You must be an amazing person and a credit to the force. I wish more people in this country were like you.

Oh, by the way, read a few extra books... It won't kill you...
http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/irregardless.aspx

Posted by: SRE ()
Date: October 29, 2009 08:26AM

Hey Gravis,

Would you feel the same way towards a mother who is taking care of one or two infants, infants that she adopted, possibly (probably) lessening the burden on society to raise and care for these lives?

"...because these people made a choice...", she made a choice, not "...a choice to be selfish or stupid and irresponsible...", but still, there she is taking care of a couple of infants.

Posted by: graymoose1 ()
Date: October 29, 2009 08:44AM

Re: Rewarding selfishness, stupidity and irresponsibility with good parking spots. (no, not handicap parking) new
Posted by: Woman with kids ()
Date: October 28, 2009 09:20AM

I think its awesome, kids whether they are in your belly or handling them period is rough. There are too many handicap signs given to people who show no signs of a disability.

Just because someone doesn't show signs of being handicaped,don't assume they are not handicaped

Stupid ass bitch

---------------------------------------------------
W.W.S.D. what would Scooby Doo

Posted by: Shadow ()
Date: October 29, 2009 09:28AM

graymoose1 Wrote:
> Re: Rewarding selfishness, stupidity and
> irresponsibility with good parking spots. (no, not
> handicap parking) new
> Posted by: Woman with kids ()
> Date: October 28, 2009 09:20AM
>
>
> I think its awesome, kids whether they are in your
> belly or handling them period is rough. There are
> too many handicap signs given to people who show
> no signs of a disability.
>
>
>
> Just because someone doesn't show signs of being
> handicaped,don't assume they are not handicaped
>
> Stupid ass bitch

+1

Posted by: DR. TEETH ()
Date: October 29, 2009 11:08AM

Fuck the handicaped, they shouldn't be driving.

Posted by: Regis-turd Voter ()
Date: October 29, 2009 12:22PM

you'll have to pry my handicapped sticker from my dead cold hands

Posted by: Thurston Moore ()
Date: October 30, 2009 02:42AM

graymoose1 Wrote:
>
> Just because someone doesn't show signs of being
> handicaped,don't assume they are not handicaped
>
> Stupid ass bitch

I know for a fact that lots of people park in handicapped spaces when they are not, themselves, handicapped. My father uses the handicapped placard issued to my mother even when she isn't with him. I've been telling him for years that a cop can issue him a $400 ticket, but he makes all kinds of excuses like "I'm going to the store to buy toilet paper, and she's going to use the toilet paper" or whatever other bullshit. I've actually contemplated reporting him, but I'm not the sort to "snitch" on anyone.

I've watched nurses at Georgetown walk to their cars parked in handicapped spaces in the parking garage. If they were really handicapped, they couldn't continue to work as nurses. Nurses have to turn 300 pound patients to change diapers, and do other things a person who deserves handicapped parking could never do.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
The function of conservatives is not to meet every liberal program or scheme with a denunciation or a destructive counterscheme, but rather to weigh its advantages and defects, supporting the first and challenging the second. A declaration of ideological warfare against liberalism is by its nature profoundly unconservative. It meets perceived radicalism with a counterradicalism of its own.

Date: October 30, 2009 02:45AM

Gravis Wrote:
> Do you think selfishness, stupidity and
> irresponsibility should be rewarded with better
> parking spots? i dont it should.
>
> there is a condition that is caused by one of
> these acts is being rewarded in shopping malls and
> other stores. so what is it? it's pregnancy.
> yes, the spots that are for pregnant mothers and
> people with "infants" are bullshit because these
> people made a choice to be selfish or stupid and
> irresponsible. yeah, many of you are probably,
> thinking im "dead wrong" but you are not thinking
> about it logically, you are thinking about it
> emotionally. there are enough people on this
> planet that we dont need to add to population,
> people want to out of their own selfish desires or
> they have screwed up and accidentally gotten
> pregnant which is their own doing as well. if
> this was anything except pregnancy that they
> chose, you would think as i do and think they
> should not get special treatment.
>
> so, does anyone think as i do or are you a slave
> to your own selfish desires? bring on the
> flames... but at least present a logical
> argument.
>
>

I laugh at those signs. Then I park in the spaces those signs "reserve" for "expectant mothers".

There is no DMV issued placard or license plate for breeders. The cops have no way of differentiating them from the rest of the public. There are no laws providing fines or other punishments for parking in those spaces when you are not "privilleged" or whatever.

Fuck the entire idea! Pregnant women made a choice, and if it's too much for them to find a spot like the rest of us, or too far to walk to the store, then they probably shouldn't be going outside, they should either be in a hospital or staying at home until the little spawn pops out.

The function of conservatives is not to meet every liberal program or scheme with a denunciation or a destructive counterscheme, but rather to weigh its advantages and defects, supporting the first and challenging the second. A declaration of ideological warfare against liberalism is by its nature profoundly unconservative. It meets perceived radicalism with a counterradicalism of its own.

Date: October 30, 2009 02:47AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2012 03:58AM by Alias.

Date: October 30, 2009 02:57AM

Alias Wrote:
> Thurston wrote:
>
> "My father uses the handicapped placard issued to
> my mother even when she isn't with him. I've been
> telling him for years that a cop can issue him a
> $400 ticket, but he makes all kinds of excuses
> like "I'm going to the store to buy toilet paper,
> and she's going to use the toilet paper" or
> whatever other bullshit. I've actually
> contemplated reporting him, but I'm not the sort
> to "snitch" on anyone"
>
> LOL
>
> I like your father.

No doubt, I can't argue with his smart-ass logic, but it's still wrong to take a handicapped parking space when there isn't a handicapped person in the car.

Besides, I read the back of the placard, and it does state pretty plainly that it doesn't afford anyone the right to park in a handicapped spot, it is only legal when the person it was issued to is present.

Posted by: but I'm not the sort to "snitch" on anyone" ()
Date: October 30, 2009 03:00AM

but I'm not the sort to "snitch" on anyone"

Date: October 30, 2009 03:05AM

but I'm not the sort to "snitch" on anyone" Wrote:
> but I'm not the sort to "snitch" on anyone"

I'd snitch on you in a heartbeat.

Date: October 30, 2009 03:09AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2012 03:57AM by Alias.

Date: October 30, 2009 03:24AM

Alias Wrote:
> Can I go shopping with your father sometime? He
> and I will laugh at you!

That's ghey. lol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2009 03:26AM by Thurston Moore.

Date: October 30, 2009 04:02AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2012 03:56AM by Alias.

Date: October 30, 2009 04:13AM

Alias Wrote:
> Thurston,
>
> By the time you find your way out of the parking
> lot, your father and I will be sitting in a cafe,
> having our second cocktail.

That is so ghey, lol!

What will you two be drinking? appletinis? cosmopolitans? Cranberry and Vodka?

Come on, this is too easy!

Date: October 30, 2009 04:43AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2012 04:33AM by Alias.

Date: October 30, 2009 04:55AM

Thurston Moore,
   the handicap tag thing is retarded. please tell your father, "the internet wanted to tell you something," and then slap him across the face.

Date: October 30, 2009 05:09AM

Gravis Wrote:
> Thurston Moore,
>    the handicap tag thing is
> retarded. please tell your father, "the internet
> wanted to tell you something," and then slap him
> across the face.

Already been done.

He's one of those old retired guys who thinks that Fox News Channel is part of his government retirement package.

There's no reasoning with him anymore. He's getting angrier and angrier, and all that Fox News bullshit is making it hard for me and my sisters to know whether he's suffering from alzheimers or dementia, or just being radicalized by the propoganda of Ailes and Murdoch.

Date: October 30, 2009 05:19AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2012 04:31AM by Alias.

Date: October 30, 2009 05:32AM

Nothing proves the hypocrisy of right wing radicals more than their willingness to take advantage of government rules when it means they can park a little closer to the grocery store.

Date: October 30, 2009 05:38AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2012 04:30AM by Alias.

Date: October 30, 2009 05:48AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2012 04:29AM by Alias.

Date: October 30, 2009 05:49AM

Alias Wrote:
> Too bad the left is stupid.

You don't even know the half of it!

They are so fucking retarted, it's not even funny!

They even believe that Hugo Chavez is going to show the world how the socialists can win the world.

Too bad that both ideologies are working from contrived and propogandized mentalities.

Posted by: Kenny_Powers ()
Date: October 30, 2009 05:51AM

most people call them "pregnant women" but i call them selfish whores, I mean come on, you made the mistake of getting pregnant, why do i have to walk 20 more feet to the mall entrance?!?!? come on!!!

Date: October 30, 2009 06:08AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2012 04:28AM by Alias.

Date: October 30, 2009 10:01AM

Kenny_Powers Wrote:
> most people call them "pregnant women" but i call
> them selfish whores, I mean come on, you made the
> mistake of getting pregnant, why do i have to walk
> 20 more feet to the mall entrance?!?!? come on!!!

Plus, exercise is good for pregnant women. So they're not only selfish, but lazy, and don't care about their child!

Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: October 30, 2009 10:08AM

Alias Wrote:
> Gravis,
>
> The handicap tag is good for people truly
> disabled, as in wheelchairs.
>
>
> Thurston's father and I are taking advantage of
> the system. We're not hurting anyone. Look at
> all the empty spaces!
>
> Thurston had to park miles away, because he
> disproves of our disrespect for government
> stupidity.

Come on, who laughs when they pull up to Home Depot and they have over half of the closest spaces setup for handicapped parking. Do all the contractors have some kind of scam going on? :)

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: October 30, 2009 10:11AM

Alias Wrote:
> Gravis,
>
> The handicap tag is good for people truly
> disabled, as in wheelchairs.
>
>
> Thurston's father and I are taking advantage of
> the system. We're not hurting anyone. Look at
> all the empty spaces!
>
> Thurston had to park miles away, because he
> disproves of our disrespect for government
> stupidity.

True, but that s not the only limit. Handicapped can include limited mobility.

Date: October 31, 2009 03:56AM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2012 04:23AM by Alias.

Date: October 31, 2009 04:03AM

Alias Wrote:
> ITRADE
>
> "Handicapped can include limited mobility."
> ________
>
> You're right. And, some disabilities aren't
> visible. I know this.
>
> I was wrong to say that only those in wheelchairs
> should be accommodated.
>
> But, where do we stop?
>
> What about a claustrophobic who need lots of
> space?

They should appreciate all those empty spaces at the far end of the parking lot.

Date: October 31, 2009 04:12AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2012 04:22AM by Alias.

Date: October 31, 2009 04:15AM

Alias Wrote:
> How does one walk past the densely parked cars
> without having a panic attack?

Fuck them!

Who the fuck cares?

If we coddle all the emotionally deranged and mentally challenged people who find it hard to function in our world, it will become ever more complicated for the rational folks to function in the world.

I say they need to fend for themselves, and if they can't, then great, there's one less dysfunctional bastard screwing it up for the rest of us.

I defer to the "the kid who swallows the most marbles" line of thinking.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2009 04:17AM by Thurston Moore.

Date: October 31, 2009 04:23AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2012 04:20AM by Alias.

Date: October 31, 2009 05:48AM

Thurston Moore Wrote:
> If we coddle all the emotionally deranged and
> mentally challenged people who find it hard to
> function in our world, it will become ever more
> complicated for the rational folks to function in
> the world.

there's a name for these people: politicians.

Date: October 31, 2009 05:56AM

Gravis Wrote:
> Thurston Moore Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If we coddle all the emotionally deranged and
> > mentally challenged people who find it hard to
> > function in our world, it will become ever more
> > complicated for the rational folks to function
> in
> > the world.
>
> there's a name for these people: politicians.

and their acolytes.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.