HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Donald Trump held press conference promising more dirt on Clinton hours after Donald Trump Jr's Russia emails
Posted by: covfefe ()
Date: July 12, 2017 07:33PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Donald Trump held press conference promising more dirt on Clinton hours after Donald Trump Jr's Russia emails
Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: July 12, 2017 07:44PM

The house of cards is coming down. When you do nothing but lie it catches up to you

Re: Donald Trump held press conference promising more dirt on Clinton hours after Donald Trump Jr's Russia emails
Date: July 12, 2017 07:44PM

Especially when you're dumb as fuck like the Trumps

Date: July 12, 2017 07:45PM

Donnie Jr might have been the one that directly tightened the noose on daddy with his admission.

Posted by: groan learn ()
Date: July 12, 2017 07:50PM

85277929.jpg

Posted by: Deep Throat ()
Date: July 12, 2017 07:51PM

Wait Do you mean dirt like this? Why I have plenty of that from a server copy. Silly Clouds they sometimes rain. And leak everywhere..

FW: You saw this, right?

To: PaustenbachM@dnc.org
Date: 2016-05-04 12:24
Subject: FW: You saw this, right?

Check this out...

[SigDems]http://www.democrats.org/Luis Miranda, Communications Director
Democratic National Committee
202-863-8148 - MirandaL@dnc.org - @MiraLuisDChttps://www.twitter.com/MiraLuisDC

Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2016 11:56 PM
To: Miranda, Luis
Subject: Re: You saw this, right?

A lot more coming down the pipe. I spoke to a delegation of 68 investigative journalists from Ukraine last Wednesday at the Library of Congress - the Open World Society's forum - they put me on the program to speak specifically about Paul Manafort and I invited Michael Isikoff whom I've been working with for the past few weeks and connected him to the Ukrainians. More offline tomorrow since there is a big Trump component you and Lauren need to be aware of that will hit in next few weeks and something I'm working on you should be aware of.

Since I started digging into Manafort these messages have been a daily occurrence on my yahoo account despite changing my password often:

[image1.JPG]

Sent from my iPhone

On May 3, 2016, at 10:50 PM, Miranda, Luis > wrote:

http://www.politifact.com/global-news/article/2016/may/02/paul-manafort-donald-trumps-top-adviser-and-his-ti/

http://www.democrats.org/[SigDems]http://www.democrats.org/http://www.democrats.org/Luis Miranda, Communications Director
202-863-8148 - MirandaL@dnc.org - @MiraLuisDChttps://www.twitter.com/MiraLuisDC

Date: July 12, 2017 07:55PM

This is the source
Manafort here<https://toolbox.dnc.org/

Date: July 12, 2017 07:55PM

Yep, the whole Trump clan and this Luis guy can rot in jail! Yippee. Deal trumptard?

Date: July 12, 2017 08:05PM

more cloud spillage

Re: Vet Committee: FW: Niranjan Shah Correspondence--Confidential

To: KaplanJ@dnc.org
Date: 2016-05-06 19:28
Subject: Re: Vet Committee: FW: Niranjan Shah Correspondence--Confidential

That letter Alan attached

Sent from my iPhone

On May 6, 2016, at 5:11 PM, Kaplan, Jordan > wrote:

What did the lawyer send.

Jordan Kaplan
National Finance Director
(202) 488-5002 (o) | (312) 339-0224 (c)
kaplanj@dnc.org

On May 6, 2016, at 4:40 PM, Cox, Clayton > wrote:

Their attorney just forwarded to us

Sent from my iPhone

On May 6, 2016, at 4:38 PM, Kaplan, Jordan > wrote:

why?

Jordan Kaplan
National Finance Director
(202) 488-5002 (o) | (312) 339-0224 (c)
kaplanj@dnc.org

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: Vet Committee: FW: Niranjan Shah Correspondence--Confidential
Date: May 6, 2016 at 4:31:26 PM EDT
To: Lindsey Reynolds >, Brad Marshall >, "Dacey, Amy" >
Cc: "Kaplan, Jordan" >, "Cox, Clayton" >

Here’s his vet. The WH was very sensitive to Blagojevich ties. I could be ok for DNC donations and events. However, the WH and OVP might not want him at their events.

Nothing new since last vet in Feb 2016

Niranjan Shah – Ties to Blagojevich; Pay to play accusations; Forced to resign as Chairman of University of Illinois board of trustees in the wake of a scandal providing a special admissions track for politically connected applicants. Previously failed multiple times; nothing New since last vet in March 2014
100 E Huron Street 2402
Chicago, IL 60611

DOB: 5/1953
EMPLOYER/OCCUPATION: Executive, Globetrotters Engineer Corp

NOTES: See Below

Vet History

* 2/5/2016; Issue 6OK; Nothing new
* 10/7/2014; Failed 6OK; Failed by VC
* 3/14/2014; Failed 6ok; Per WH
* 9/30/2013; Issue 6OK; Nothing new
* 1/19/2013; Pass 6OK – OK per PIC VC
* 1/16/2013; Issue 6OK – same issues
* 6/18/2012; Failed 6OK – fail per OVP, vetted for IL172
* 6/15/2012; Failed 6OK – for IL172, nothing new
* 6/27/2011; Failed – DNC Failed Vet Project
* 2/17/2011; Failed – nothing new
* 5/18/2010; Failed – removed from IL143
* 1/6/2010; Failed – No per WH
* 7/23/2009; Failed – No per WH
* 7/20/2009; Issue with Donor – Bad story re: Blago
* 4/23/2009; Passed

CONTRIBUTIONS: Yes

Reed Committee

6/15/2013

$1,000

Quigley for Congress

5/6/2013

$500

Friends of Dick Durbin

3/22/2013

$1,500

Friends of Dick Durbin

3/22/2013

$1,100

Schakowsky for Congress

3/7/2013

$2,600

Robin Kelly for Congress

1/30/2013

$1,000

Friends of Sherrod Brown

10/9/2012

$3,500

Friends of Sherrod Brown

10/9/2012

-($2,000)

Friends of Sherrod Brown

10/9/2012

-($2,000)

Friends of Sherrod Brown

10/9/2012

$3,500

Schneider for Congress

8/10/2012

$250

Donnelly for Indiana

5/1/2012

$2,500

Quigley for Congress

4/30/2012

$1,000

Friends of Sherrod Brown

4/25/2012

$1,000

Bill Foster for Congress Committee

4/4/2012

$500

Ricky Gill For Congress

3/16/2012

$500

Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee

2/22/2012

$10,000

Friends Of Elizabeth Esty

1/19/2012

$1,000

Duckworth For Congress

9/26/2011

$2,500

Duckworth For Congress

9/26/2011

$2,500

Prairie Political Action Committee

9/23/2011

$5,000

Raja For Congress

8/12/2011

$250

Friends Of Dick Durbin Committee

5/19/2011

$1,500

Progressive Choices PAC

10/29/2010

$2,500

Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee

10/29/2010

$10,000

Schakowsky For Congress

10/28/2010

$2,400

Democratic Party Of Illinois

9/9/2010

$10,000

Alexi For Illinois

7/30/2010

$2,300

Bill Foster For Congress Committee

5/11/2010

$1,000

Kenneth Lewis For Us Senate Inc

4/30/2010

$250

Ellsworth For Indiana

1/22/2010

$1,400

Alexi For Illinois

11/17/2009

$2,400

Cheryle Jackson For U S Senate

11/4/2009

$500

Halvorson For Congress

8/20/2009

$2,000

People For Patty Murray

6/30/2009

$500

QUIGLEY FOR CONGRESS

12/31/2008

$1,500

MADIA FOR U S CONGRESS

10/20/2008

$500

OBAMA VICTORY FUND

8/25/2008

$1,000

DEMOCRATIC WHITE HOUSE VICTORY FUND

6/20/2008

$27,500

DNC SERVICES CORPORATION/DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL COMMITTEE

12/31/2007

$20,000

JOHN KERRY FOR SENATE

10/23/2007

$2,300

DAN LIPINSKI FOR CONGRESS

9/13/2007

$500

MELISSA BEAN FOR CONGRESS

6/30/2007

$2,000

CITIZENS FOR RUSH

4/19/2007

$2,000

OBAMA FOR AMERICA

2/23/2007

$2,300

EVENTS: One

* REChicago1 – Rahm Emmanuel – 1/10/2010
* DC258 - Vet Photo Line: NFC and NAB Event @ Corcoran Gallery of Art – 3/16/09
* Additional events from 1997-2008.

LOBBYIST: No
DOJ FARA: No
EARMARK(S): No
LIENS: No
JUDGMENTS: No
BANKRUPTCIES: No
CRIMINAL RECORDS: No

LEXIS-NEXIS NEWS SEARCH (BULLET PTS): Yes

* It's not about you: “Once more, with feeling: "The board of trustees failed to discharge its duty as a governing board and, in particular, failed to exercise the care and diligence appropriate to protect against admissions-related abuses." That was the finding of the blue-ribbon panel that heard eight weeks of testimony about theUniversity of Illinois' special admissions track for well-connected applicants. The group's recommendation: The board should resign… While former trustee Lawrence Eppley served as a conduit for requests from ex-Gov. Rod Blagojevich's inner circle and former board Chairman Niranjan Shah leaned on university leaders to create a six-figure job for his future son-in-law, Carroll says she intervened only on behalf of applicants from underrepresented areas or demographic groups. Montgomery lobbied -- unsuccessfully -- on behalf of a single applicant, a relative of his daughter's boyfriend.” [Chicago Tribune - 8/20/09]
* Chairman of U of Ill. Board of Trustees resigns: “The chairman of the University of Illinois' Board of Trustees resigned Monday amid an investigation into the use of political clout to get underqualified students into the school. Niranjan Shah said in a letter to Gov. Pat Quinn that he decided to step down after members of a state commission investigating the admissions practices said they believed the trustees should resign. Shah is the second trustee to do so, after former chairman Lawrence Eppley quit last week.” I am not in public service for self-aggrandizement and therefore have no interest in a protracted process regarding my role," Shah wrote. "My interest is solely in the vitality of the University of Illinois.” The school's flagship campus at Champaign-Urbana has been at the center of a storm since the Chicago Tribune reported in May that the school maintained a list of politically connected students, known as Category I. The newspaper said some underqualified members of the list were admitted under pressure from former Gov. Rod Blagojevich, university trustees and others. Quinn said Monday he accepted Shah's resignation, which is effective in 90 days, or sooner if a successor is in place. He said the search for a successor would begin immediately. Shah had been accused of pushing to admit certain applicants and arranging for his future son-in-law to work for the school. Shah has denied trying to admit relatives to the school or being pressured by public officials to support certain applicants. University spokesman Thomas Hardy said the school respects Shah's decision and appreciates his service. Quinn appointed the Illinois Admissions Review Commission after the Category I list became public. Commission member Bernard Judge of Chicago said he was glad Shah resigned.” I think he did the university a favor by resigning now," Judge said. "It will end any further need to seek his resignation." The panel's final report is due this week.” [The Associated Press - 8/3/09]
* Six counties in 60 seconds: “Dean intervened on admission: A University of Illinois dean says he intervened on behalf of a student who had been denied admission to a master’s degree program. Business School Dean Lawrence DeBrock testified Wednesday before a state panel investigating the role of political influence on the school’s admissions process. He said he admitted the student, who was supported by U of I Trustee Niranjan Shah. E-mails show Shah asked Chancellor Richard Herman for assistance with the student’s admission. MBA admissions director Jaquilin Wilson testified she originally denied the student admission because of a low grade-point average.” [Chicago Daily Herald - 7/23/09]
* AP Exclusive: Blago's politics all in day's work: “Blagojevich's phone log is littered with people calling to take him up on invitations to be overnight guests at the governor's mansion. University of Illinois trustee Niranjan Shah, whose engineering firm gave Blagojevich $50,000, called in November 2005 to say "thank you" for his visit.” [The Associated Press State & Local Wire – 6/22/09]
* How U. of I. scheme began; Applicant's denial was reversed in '02: “The University of Illinois formalized its system for tracking clouted applicants after an unqualified student with ties to ex-Gov. Jim Thompson was rejected, angering a top administrator who reversed the decision, a former admissions worker testified Monday. Abel Montoya said that when now-Chancellor Richard Herman found out the applicant had been denied, an admissions official "was told to call the family and tell them it was a mistake."… The commission was convened by Gov. Pat Quinn in the wake of a Chicago Tribune investigation that revealed more than 800 undergraduate applicants and dozens of graduate students within the last five years had been flagged for special treatment… and to call to testify trustee Lawrence Eppley; board chair Niranjan Shah, Chancellor Herman, President B. Joseph White and former law school dean Heidi Hurd” [Chicago Tribune – 6/30/09]
* Trustees no strangers to clout; U. of I. board members backed applicants nearly 100 times in 3 years: “Another trustee whose name appears repeatedly on admissions logs is current Board Chairman Niranjan Shah, an Oak Brook businessman whose firm's records were subpoenaed last year as part of the pay-to-play probe of the Blagojevich administration. The firm has not been accused of wrongdoing. Companies associated with Shah have received more than $30 million in state contracts over the last five years and have contributed more than $53,000 to Blagojevich since 2000. Shah also hosted a fundraiser at his home for the former governor. "Niranjan Shah would like to have a quiet lunch or dinner," reads one entry. Another states, "Niranjan Shah called to say TY for their overnight stay at Mansion. [Chicago Tribune -6/21/09]
* Blago Had $2.3 Million Campaign Contribution "Hit List": “At least half a dozen people appointed by Blago to state boards or other state posts appear on the list. Some, including Illinois Finance Authority Chairman Bill Brandt and University of Illinois board member Niranjan Shah, were slated to host fundraisers but did not due to the ex-governor's arrest. The hit list was drawn up in September and federal investigators obtained it in October. The list was used to get permission to tap Blago's phone lines and the Sun-Times obtained an updated version in December, shortly before Blago's arrest. The document is likely to be used in the ex-governor's indictment -- which might be made public later this week. [Chicagoist – 3/29/09]
* They gave big, they got big; 'Pay-to-play' probe looking at firms that were big Blago donors: “Another firm named in the subpoena is Globetrotters Engineering Corp., headed by Niranjan Shah, recently named chairman of the University of Illinois Board of Trustees. Globetrotters has gotten hundreds of millions of dollars in city and state business, and one of its subsidiaries helps run concessions at O'Hare Airport. Shah said his company gets government contracts on merit, not as a result of the thousands of dollars in campaign contributions he has given to Blagojevich and others. "I don't think we got any special treatment," Shah said. "We are very careful. We're a very good firm. We do lots of good projects. We have been in business for 35 years." Blagojevich's former chief of staff, Lon Monk, was Globetrotters' lobbyist the last two years. Shah said the relationship ended in December, when Monk's contract expired. In the criminal complaint against Blagojevich, Monk is the "Lobbyist 1" who is part of an alleged shakedown scheme of a potential Blagojevich campaign contributor.” [Chicago Sun Times – 2/9/09]

GOOGLE: None
WIKIPEDIA: None

NOTES/Email Chain:

From: Lamberson, Nicole [mailto:Nicole_E._Lamberson@ovp.eop.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2014 11:12 AM
To: Laura Lopez
Cc: Alan Reed; Kevin Snowden
Subject: RE: Vetting Request for 10.22.14 Chicago Dinner

Thanks, Laura! He still fails on our end as well. I’ll let the campaign know.

Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2014 11:00 AM
To: Lamberson, Nicole

Here you go!

From: Lamberson, Nicole [mailto:Nicole_E._Lamberson@ovp.eop.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2014 10:58 AM
To: Laura Lopez

Hi Laura,

We had an state lunch for India that day. It may be what he is referring to. However, we only vet the Vice President’s table for those events so Shah was never vetted by us for the event. Could you forward me his vet report? Since he has just failed, I assume that will be the outcome.

Thanks!
Nicole

Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2014 10:42 AM

Hi Nicole,
We don’t have any record of Shah being vetted for a VPOTUS event since 2012 (he was failed) and we don’t have a record of an event with VPOTUS on September 30th. He was failed nine days ago for an event with POTUS. Please advise.
Thanks,
Laura

Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2014 5:03 PM
To: Vet_D
Cc: nlamberson@ovp.eop.gov
Subject: Vetting Request for 10.22.14 Chicago Dinner

Good afternoon,

Please find attached version 3 of the vetting sheet for the dinner in Chicago on 10.22.14. We have added Mr. Shah to the list to be vetted. Please note, he was recently vetted for a luncheon on September 30th with the VPOTUS.
Thanks!
Kevin

3/14/2016:
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2014 2:58 PM
To: Kevin Snowden; Paulsen, Joe; Alan Reed; Brad MARSHALL; Dacey, Amy
Cc: Kaplan, Jordan; Durham, Lauren; Laura Lopez
Subject: RE: Niranjan Shah

Still fails

Sent: Friday, March 14, 2014 2:57 PM
To: Schmuck, Bobby; Paulsen, Joe; Alan Reed; Brad MARSHALL; Dacey, Amy
Cc: Kaplan, Jordan; Durham, Lauren; Laura Lopez
Subject: FW: Niranjan Shah

Hello everyone,

Finance would like for Nirajan Shah to attend, donate, and get a photo with POTUS at the Chicago roundtable in April. He’s been failed numerous times in the past. There are no new issues to report.

Thanks,
Kevin

Niranjan Shah – Ties to Blagojevich; Pay to play accusations; Forced to resign as Chairman of University of Illinois board of trustees in the wake of a scandal providing a special admissions track for politically connected applicants. Previously failed multiple times; Nothing New since last vet in September 2013
100 E Huron Street 2402

6/18/2012 From: Lamberson, Nicole [mailto:Nicole_E._Lamberson@ovp.eop.gov]
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2012 9:20 PM
To: 'SNix@barackobama.com'; Laura Lopez
Cc: Higham, Kevin; Alan Reed; Amanda Howe; Brad MARSHALL; Laura Santucci
Subject: Re: IL172 - VPOTUS - DCCC Clutch with Duckworth, Schneider, Foster, Bustos 6/18/2012 2:10:00 PM Chicago Cuts Steakhouse

This is a no on my end as well. Thanks.

Sent: Friday, June 15, 2012 01:09 PM
To: Laura Lopez Lamberson, Nicole
Cc: Higham, Kevin; Alan Reed Amanda Howe Brad Marshall SantucciL
Subject: RE: IL172 - VPOTUS - DCCC Clutch with Duckworth, Schneider, Foster, Bustos 6/18/2012 2:10:00 PM Chicago Cuts Steakhouse

Don’t think we should include him.

Sent: Friday, June 15, 2012 12:02 PM
Cc: Higham, Kevin (Kevin_Higham@ovp.eop.gov); Sheila Nix; Alan Reed; Amanda Howe; Brad Marshall; SantucciL
Subject: IL172 - VPOTUS - DCCC Clutch with Duckworth, Schneider, Foster, Bustos 6/18/2012 2:10:00 PM Chicago Cuts Steakhouse

Hi Nicole,
Please see one issue for Monday’s clutch.
Thanks

IL172 - VPOTUS - DCCC Clutch with Duckworth, Schneider, Foster, Bustos 6/18/2012 2:10:00 PM Chicago Cuts Steakhouse

(1) JS via KS 7/20/2009 and others
Niranjan Shah – Ties to Blagojevich; Pay to play accusations; Forced to resign as Chairman of University of Illinois board of trustees in the wake of a scandal providing a special admissions track for politically connected applicants. Previously failed multiple times.

>>> Elizabeth Jarvis Shean 1/6/2010 4:13 PM >>>
Correct - still a no-go

-----Original Message-----
To: Shean, Elizabeth Jarvis >

Sent: 1/6/2010 3:40:39 PM
Subject: Fwd: REChicago1 - Niranjan Shah

Liz,

Niranjan Shah was submitted for an event with rahm. Is he still a no from your end?

From: Collins, Patrick M. (Perkins Coie) [mailto:pcollins@perkinscoie.com]
Sent: Friday, May 06, 2016 4:17 PM
To: Alan Reed; Lindsey Reynolds; Brad Marshall
Cc: Cox, Clayton
Subject: Niranjan Shah Correspondence--Confidential

All:

As a follow up to earlier communication between Clayton Cox and Smita Shah on the subject matter of her father, Niranjan Shah, attached please find correspondence relating to Mr. Shah. Should you have any questions, please contact me.

Regards, Patrick

Patrick Collins | Perkins Coie LLP
131 S. Dearborn Street Suite 1700
Chicago, IL 60603-5559
D. +1.312.324.8558
F. +1.312.324.9558
E. pcollins@perkinscoie.com
http://www.perkinscoie.com/pcollins/

Date: July 12, 2017 08:06PM

Uh oh, they're spamming. Shits got them shook.

Date: July 12, 2017 08:07PM

Dirty Money Donation
Re: Vet Committee: Wolfson

To: ReedA@dnc.org
CC: ReynoldsL@dnc.org, DaceyA@dnc.org, KaplanJ@dnc.org, MarquezK@dnc.org, VetD@dnc.org
Date: 2016-05-17 18:58
Subject: Re: Vet Committee: Wolfson

Agree.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 17, 2016, at 4:56 PM, Alan Reed > wrote:

All,

See below issue for a $20k donation. Since there were no actual charges or convictions I am ok. Others?

CR

Jonah Wolfson – As a Miami Beach Commissioner, he closed down a PAC he ran in September 2015 that attracted the attention of the Miami-Dade Commission on Ethics and Public Trust; the PAC raised money from vendors, prominent developers, and lobbyists who all had business with the city; the PAC, Relentless for Progress, mirrored the acronym for the ways cities solicit vendors, “request for proposal”
3399 SW 3rd Ave
Miami, FL 33145

DOB: 3/1975
EMPLOYER/OCCUPATION: Jonah Wolfson Law Firm / Attorney (Miami Beach Commissioner)

NGP NOTES: None

NGP VET HISTORY: None

EVENTS: None

CONTRIBUTIONS: None

LOBBYIST/DOJ FARA: None
EARMARKS/TARP/ARRA: None
LIENS: None
JUDGMENTS: None
BANKRUPTCIES: None
CRIMINAL RECORDS: None

LEXIS-NEXIS/INTERNET SEARCH: Yes

* Miami Beach commissioner closing controversial Relentless for Progress PAC: The controversial political action committee Relentless for Progress has relented.

Citing personal reflection as his primary motivation, Miami Beach Commissioner Jonah Wolfson announced on Thursday afternoon that he will close his committee, which has raised more than $1 million from a gallery of city vendors, prominent developers and lobbyists. He said he will return what remains of the money to contributors, which is about half.

The PAC had become the talk of political circles both in and outside of Miami Beach for its rapid fundraising from entities who have business with the city, and its activity attracted the attention of the Miami-Dade Commission on Ethics and Public Trust, which started an investigation.

The committee sparked a debate about the role of “soft money” in local politics — particularly in a city like Miami Beach, which has an ordinance that prohibits vendors, developers and lobbyists from donating directly or indirectly to candidates’ campaigns. Wolfson had planned on using Relentless for Progress — whose initials mirror the acronym for the way cities solicit city vendors, “request for proposal” — to back candidates in this year’s Beach elections. Three commission seats are up for grabs in November and Mayor Philip Levine has a challenger.

The Beach’s city attorney had opined that contributions to RFP were legal as long as they were not earmarked for specific candidates by the donors.

All along, Wolfson and Levine, who helped solicit contributors, defended themselves and the committee in the Miami Herald and on television.

But fellow commissioner Ed Tobin criticized the committee from the dais, and local political journalist Michael Putney slammed RFP on more than one occasion in a Herald op-ed and during This Week in South Florida.

During at least one of those broadcasts, a slick TV commercial starring Levine and paid for by the PAC aired between segments. The ad, which Levine insists was not a campaign commercial but featured him listing the chief initiatives during his term as mayor, ran at least three times. It has since gotten placement before YouTube videos.

Wolfson also bought a full-page ad in the Herald taking aim at Putney. The ad ran three times.

Now, Wolfson is saying he will close RFP and give contributors their money back.

“After some heated debate as well as much personal reflection, I have made the decision to close the PAC,” he said Wednesday in an emailed statement. “The PAC was legal, ethical and appropriate. Fundraising from stakeholders is a practice that has been going on throughout the country in local, state and federal elections for years. Our nation’s highest court has ruled that it is protected free speech.”

In an interview on Thursday afternoon, Wolfson told the Miami Herald that he reflected on the contentious debate surrounding his committee after former Miami Beach Mayor David Dermer, whom Wolfson considers a mentor, visited him at home to discuss RFP.

“He gave me good guidance and direction on the topic,” he said. “When he came to me and mentioned it, it made me take a step back and reflect.”

Through the end of July, RFP brought in about $1.3 million and spent about $700,000 on mailers, TV spots, campaign contributions to four county judges and political consulting. The committee’s financial activity from August is not yet available.

Wolfson said he would refund all of the remaining money in the committee’s account on a pro rata basis, meaning each donor would get an amount back in proportion to what was donated.

He said he plans to bring a new ordinance to the Beach’s commission that will prohibit elected officials and candidates or their designees from soliciting any contributions from vendors, lobbyists and real estate developers with any interest in Miami Beach projects.

“We should hold ourselves to a higher standard,” he said. “During the last two months of my service, I will continue to lead Miami Beach in the right direction, with dignity and integrity.”

Wolfson is term-limited this year. On Thursday he said he does not know what is next for him after public office, though he wants to remain active in Beach issues. A vocal opponent of the proposed land lease for a headquarter hotel next to the Miami Beach Convention Center, he said he’d likely publicly speak out against it on his own dime.

Levine had gone on Putney’s Sunday morning program to defend himself and the PAC in July. On Thursday, the mayor said he applauded Wolfson’s decision.

“I think the PAC became a distraction to the real issues that we need to be discussing in moving our city forward,” he said.

Upon learning of the PAC’s closing on Thursday, Tobin was skeptical that contributions from monied special interests wouldn’t keep finding its way into local Beach politics, either through other committees or through 501(c)(4) status organizations, which do not have to disclose donors.

“It’s not going to change,” he said. “It’s just a lack of respect for the public’s intelligence. It’s that simple.” [Miami Herald; Sept 3, 2015http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/miami-beach/article33812085.html]

Alan Reed
Compliance Director
DNC
W: 202-479-5132
C: 202-316-5007

Date: July 12, 2017 08:15PM

Did Someone say Russia?

CHELSEA CLINTON

To: Philip Gordon
Date: 2012-01-24 07:35
Subject: CHELSEA CLINTON

UNCLASSIFIED U.S. Department of State Case No. F-2014-20439 Doc No. C05793567 Date: 12/31/2015

RELEASE IN FULL

Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 2:35 PM
To: 'gordonph@state.gov'
Subject: Re: Chelsea Clinton

As you know, hearing nice things about your children is as good as it gets. Thanks John for reporting and to you for

passing on.

Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 02:24 PM
To: H
Subject: FW: Chelsea Clinton

Praise for Chelsea from Ambassador Tefft in Ukraine...

This email is UNCLASSIFIED.

Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 11:20 AM
To: Gordon, Philip H
Cc: Russell, Daniel A; Hunt, Baxter; Schultz, Eric T; Voltmer, Chever X; Cleary, Colin M; Graeme, Uywelyn C; Kimbrell,
Rebecca J; Kaidanow, Tina S
Subject: Chelsea Clinton

Phil: Chelsea Clinton is in Kyiv with her husband, Marc, at the invitation of oligarch, Viktor Pinchuk. She spoke this
afternoon before 300 young university and graduate level students; Mariella and I were there along with a huge media
presence.

Chelsea was really effective with the students handling questions as varied as: how are you effective working with your
Dad on philanthropy, the greatest inspirations in life (after her parents, her recently deceased Grandma, Nelson Mandela
and researchers in Silicon Valley), growing up as the daughter of Bill and Hillary, and her favorite rock group. She is
going to speak at a Pinchuk seminar at Davos as well this week, perhaps along with Alec Ross.

If the occasion presents itself, I thought you might want to tell Chelsea's mother that she did great. A great job cultivating
a positive image of the US here. No exaggeration. The views of a hardened diplomat.

Best, jft

Posted by: Poor Ole TrumpTard ()
Date: July 12, 2017 09:22PM

groan learn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> src=http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/
> 2362229/85277929.jpg>

At least come up with a new pic trumptard. That one went stale weeks ago. You trumptards are soooooo stupid.
Attachments:
tt1.png

Date: July 13, 2017 07:39AM

Think daddy will forgive donnie jr for revealing his Russia secrets? LOL

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.