HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Know Your Rights With Police Officers
Posted by: VoteStrike ()
Date: June 30, 2017 11:24AM

Know Your Rights With Police Officers

What makes a police officer powerless? When citizens know their rights!

Police officers hate to hear these words:

“Am I free to go?”

“I’m going to remain silent.”

“I don’t consent to a search.”

You have rights during a traffic stop or during any police encounter. Learn what your rights are and use them!

1.) Your Safety - Start by putting the police officer at ease. Pull over to a safe place, turn off your ignition, stay in the car and keep your hands on the steering wheel. At night turn on the interior light. Keep your license, registration and proof of insurance close by like in your “sun visor.”

Be courteous, stay calm, smile and don’t complain. Show respect and say things like “sir and no sir.” Never bad-mouth a police officer, stay in control of your words, body language and your emotions. Keep your hands where the police officer can see them.

2.) I’m Going to Remain Silent - The Supreme Court says you should never talk to a police officer even if your not under arrest, without an attorney present. The Supreme Court ruled you must speak up and SAY to the police officer “I’m going to remain silent” and then keep your mouth shut even if you’re not under arrest.

3.) Just Say NO to Police Searches! - If a police officer didn’t need your permission to search you, he wouldn’t be asking you. Never give permission for a police officer to search you, your car or your home.

4.) Am I Free to Go? - As soon as the police officer ask you a question ask him, “Am I free to go?” You have to ask if you’re “free to go,” otherwise the police officer will think that you’re voluntarily staying around to talk with him. If the police officer says that you’re being detained or arrested tell the police officer, “I’m going to remain silent.”

Police officers depend on fear and intimidation to get what they want from you and this includes giving up your rights. The government made a law that allows police officers to lie to American citizens.

For the safety of police officers the government allows the police to pat down your outer clothing to see if you have any weapons. If the police officer feels something that he believes is a weapon, then he can go into your pockets and pull out the item he believes is a weapon.

Source: PoliceCrimes

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Know Your Rights With Police Officers
Posted by: e7nbn ()
Date: June 30, 2017 11:28AM

Something niggers just can't comprehend. If they did then most of them wouldn't be shot to death. Instead, their African genes kick in and they run like the cheetah only to get gunned down like a cheetah on safari hunt.

Posted by: Learn to spell ()
Date: June 30, 2017 11:29AM

It is:

I do not consent

Not

I don't consent

Dumbass

Date: June 30, 2017 11:32AM

Record the Police We must use our cameras every time police harass us to catch them in the act. Then we can use the Internet and the viral media to expose these actions worldwide.

Police are fully aware that they have a dangerous job in which they may get killed or injured dealing with criminals when they sign up for the job. Criminals whether they be black or white do not represent the black community but police do represent the government. Black citizens did not sign up for being at risk for police brutality or killings. When unarmed peaceful civilians are killed by the police, they are being killed by agents of the government that is supposed to represent them.

Vote Out Politicians Who Condone Police Brutality Politicians who do not address issues like police brutality must be voted out of office.

We live in a time when elected politicians ignore the needs of their constituents; where the judiciary and police institutions will not uphold the rights of citizens; where the media are afraid to report the truth; where lawlessness abounds and ordinary people are left unprotected and defenseless against the rapacity of a few. The answer to our dilemma is for people of courage to actively help each other. Only if we unite can we succeed. That is the only way. There is no other way.

Take Legal Action Against Police We need to take legal action as well. The best way to hurt police brutality is by hitting them in the pocket. If the police keep on getting sued for brutality they’ll be forced to deal with the issue. Every incident of police brutality should be reported to both the government and the media.

Police should be in the communities to serve and protect not to harass and arrest. The war on drugs is really a war on the community. People are treated like insurgents in occupied territory and not citizens in need of protection. We need to address how the war on drugs has become a war on us that has caused more problems than it has solved.

In America it is the criminals who get promotions and bonuses, bailouts and tax breaks. The middle class gets the squeeze and the poor are either caged up or shot like dogs in the street.

We have given them every benefit of the doubt, every chance to reform, we can not in good conscience continue to wait and hope, we must act.

Should We Trust Police Officers?
Are police officers allowed to lie to you? Yes the Supreme Court has ruled that police officers can lie to the American people. Police officers are trained at lying, twisting words and being manipulative. Police officers and other law enforcement agents are very skilled at getting information from people. So don’t try to “out smart” a police officer and don’t try being a “smooth talker” because you will lose! If you can keep your mouth shut, you just might come out ahead more than you expected. Related article: 46,000+ American citizens are currently serving time for crimes that they did not commit

Date: June 30, 2017 11:34AM

was wrote by
Source: PoliceCrimes
but thanks for the catch

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: June 30, 2017 11:39AM

How about avoiding the police altogether?

It's easy. Work, go to school, behave. Party at home. Keep your auto in working order, registration, license , insurance up to date. Don't carry shit around with you. Drive with reasonable attention.

Not civilized or bright enough to be evasive to the authorities?

Then you deserve to be shot by a twitchy , jack boot adorned, occupying force douchebag.

Posted by: ned ()
Date: June 30, 2017 11:54AM

Both McAuliffe and Padilla said the commission is a waste of taxpayer money

^^ LIARS !!

http://www.elections.virginia.gov/resultsreports/election-results/

already the Virginia taxpayers pay for such a database

Date: June 30, 2017 12:07PM

Because your innocence will NOT protect you...

46,000+ American citizens are currently serving time for crimes that they did not commit...

Should We Trust Police Officers?
Are police officers allowed to lie to you? Yes the Supreme Court has ruled that police officers can lie to the American people. Police officers are trained at lying, twisting words and being manipulative. Police officers and other law enforcement agents are very skilled at getting information from people. So don’t try to “out smart” a police officer and don’t try being a “smooth talker” because you will lose! If you can keep your mouth shut, you just might come out ahead more than you expected.

http://www.copsrcorrupt.com/46-000--american-citizens-are-currently-serving-time-for-crimes-that-they-did-not-commit.html

Posted by: 4htuk ()
Date: June 30, 2017 12:10PM

the bare facts are you can't ask a criminal to indict himself, and asking a criminal to surrender evidence is simply "unlikely"

Mc AU LIFT arrested Bob McDonell from office. It's either arrest him flat out, or hire so many FEDS that voted for Trump in Richmond that the State government is ... inflated and can do nothing about it.

Posted by: jplmn ()
Date: June 30, 2017 12:40PM

your totally full of shit, fx co gov let's their spics slide by, and if a republican is in trouble they are going to do a search even if its' illegal - and is likely to say "i am going to phone in for a warrant if you don't comply". and the Judge would not allow the defendant to even speak a word

Posted by: AmIBeingDetainedOfficer? ()
Date: June 30, 2017 01:20PM

Henrico County Just after BY-pass on Northbound 95, truck stop shortly after bypass.

Couldn't hold it anymore. Found gas station I had used in the past at a gas station there. This time -- 2 AM -- station was closed, so I pissed behind my car. Putting my equipment away when car drove up WITHOUT top lights activated, (I could tell it was some type of security or police vehicle.)
Entered my car and should have started and just drove off, but that's what they wanted me to do apparently.

The officer rolled down his window and just stared at me so I naturally asked is everything OK Officer? He got out approached and asked me for ID, I gave him my license. He came back and asked what I was doing. I told him I had to use the bathroom badly but the place was closed surprisingly. He then proceeded to tell me they had some break ins at the station. I explained I was on vacation, my son was asleep in the car and I just needed a place to go and told them to check the puddle of fresh steamy piss if they didn't believe me.

Then another officer arrived and they began talking. I exited my vehicle with hands slightly distanced from my hips to not give them any reason to feel I was a threat.

They told me to get back in the car. I then immediately asked if I was free to go. They said no. I continued and asked if I was being detained. They said Yes you are at the moment. I proceeded to ask WHY I was being detained .. They then said they smelled alcohol in the car when talking with me at my car.

I told them I have no alcohol in the car. They asked me if I had anything to drink. I said YES about 5 hours earlier I had the last beer of 3 I drank, which was over 3 hours before driving. They asked me to use a breathalizer. I refused citing that they had not observed me driving at all and reminded them of why I stopped in the first place. I told them it was fine to write me up for urinating in public, if they wish, but that I was tired, not far from home and just wanted to be on my way.

They then proceeded to tell me they were concerned if I drive I could "kill" somebody. So I asked them to question my 12 year old son who was now awake, in the car to ask how well my driving had been for the past hour and a half.

Upon this they promptly handed me my license back and told me I was free to go.

The whole conversation took over a half hour.

Sometimes talking when you have nothing to hide and have a witness with you, isn't bad.

If I played the I am not talking bit, they could have run me in for refusing a breathalizer ..

Some cops you can reason with and some you can't .. One must be able to read them as they are trying to read you.

Henrico cops, seemed bored out of their minds. But maybe they infact DID have break ins at the station -- who knows whether they were lying to me or not.

I was too tired to go through the possibility of red tape that could have arose, so I gambled and had a clear answer for everything they through at me.

I must have belched when talking to them -- ha. Should have held me breath I guess.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.