HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
'I bet she treats you well': Trump calls over Irish reporter, compliments her 'nice smile'
Posted by: Fox News ()
Date: June 28, 2017 09:13AM

original

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/06/28/i-bet-she-treats-you-well-trump-calls-over-irish-reporter-compliments-her-nice-smile/

President Trump called Ireland's newly elected Prime Minister from the Oval Office to congratulate him on June 27, which reporters were invited to witness. Trump told Irish journalist, Caitríona Perry of RTÉ News, to come over to his desk and informed the prime minister that “she has a nice smile on her face. So, I bet she treats you well." (Reuters)
While President Trump spoke over the phone with Ireland’s new prime minister Leo Varadkar Tuesday, congratulating him on his recent win, he made eye contact with a female reporter in the room.

“We have a lot of your Irish press watching us right now,” President Trump told Varadkar, informing him that the whole conversation was taking place in a room full of journalists with cameras running.

He pointed at Irish reporter Caitríona Perry, U.S. bureau chief for RTÉ News, telling her to come over to his desk.

“We have all of this beautiful Irish press,” Trump said to the prime minister, and asked Perry, “Where are you from?”

Perry approached Trump and introduced herself.

“She has a nice smile on her face so I bet she treats you well,” Trump said.

Perry, along with other men and women in the room, casually laughed at the encounter. But later, Perry described it as a “bizarre moment.”

Speaking on RTÉ after the exchange, Perry said she had not even expected to be allowed inside the White House to cover the president’s phone call to Varadkar, who took office earlier this month as Ireland’s Taoiseach, or prime minister. He is the son of an Indian immigrant and the country’s first openly gay prime minister.

[Trump’s proverb, Paul Ryan’s ‘despicable’ pint and other St. Patrick’s Day mishaps]

“One minute we were outside the window and the next minute I’m meeting the President of the United States,” Perry told RTÉ.

“When we went in he was already on the phone but I managed to catch his eye and he called me over,” she said.

RTÉ’s headline read: “Trump call! RTÉ’s Caitríona has Presidential moment.”

During the phone call, Trump also said to Perry, “He thanks you for the newspapers, Caitríona.”

Caitríona Perry (RTE )
Varadkar was apparently referring to issues of The Washington Post and New York Times from the day after his victory in his party’s leadership vote, Perry told the Irish Independent. Fine Gael is the political party that leads Ireland’s government.

“I had sent those back to Dublin via colleagues for Leo Varadkar as souvenirs that he and his family might like,” Perry said. “I do that often when there is a reference to someone I know from home who is featured in the newspapers here,” she said.

Trump’s unexpected decision to single out a female reporter drew mixed reactions on social media, with some describing it as “awkward” and others saying it was simply an attempt by Trump to share some “kind words.”

This is not the first time Trump has singled out a female reporter.

During the election, Trump faced backlash for saying Megyn Kelly, then a Fox News Channel anchor, “had blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever,” when she questioned him during a presidential debate.

“In my opinion, she was off base,” Trump added. (His campaign later claimed in a statement that Trump said “whatever” instead of “wherever,” and that the reference was to her nose.)

And few reporters on the campaign trail were criticized by the future president as much as NBC News’s Katy Tur, as The Post’s Paul Farhi reported:

His public lashings on Twitter and at rallies seemed to become obsessive, as if he were acting out a frustrated crush. He derided her as “Little Katy,” recommended that she be fired, called her “incompetent,” “dishonest,” a “3rd rate reporter.” His most frequent complaint: that she wasn’t reporting the size of his campaign crowds (“Katy — you’re not reporting it, Katy,” he bellowed at one point. “There’s something happening, Katy.”)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 'I bet she treats you well': Trump calls over Irish reporter, compliments her 'nice smile'
Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: June 28, 2017 09:23AM

Never a dull moment. Can't wait until the sexual harassment charges. Something tells me Melania doesn't give him any either.

Re: 'I bet she treats you well': Trump calls over Irish reporter, compliments her 'nice smile'
Date: June 28, 2017 09:24AM

"You knew I was a snake when you took me in."

Posted by: Libtardz-R-Us ()
Date: June 28, 2017 09:26AM

Only a Libtard would find this as news.

Posted by: umfug ()
Date: June 28, 2017 09:30AM

Pajama boys are pissed off! This is an outrage!

Posted by: pity no cuck ()
Date: June 28, 2017 09:41AM

Cucks like Gerry have no game and are scared to even look a woman in the eye, much less give a pleasant compliment.

Just because you are pathetic cowards, doesn't mean we want to be like you.

Leave America.

Date: June 28, 2017 10:15AM

He be grabbing pussies too tho.

Posted by: Pajama boy ()
Date: June 28, 2017 10:20AM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He be grabbing pussies too tho.

A cuck like you couldn't even begin to comprehend what pussy is about.

Date: June 28, 2017 10:23AM

He grabs pussies tho.

Posted by: Gerry the Mangina ()
Date: June 28, 2017 10:31AM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> He grabs pussies tho.

So he'd grab you.

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: June 28, 2017 10:39AM

The President has the best smelling fingers since JFK.

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: June 28, 2017 10:47AM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
Attachments:
EC360478-E211-419C-8273-F6BCAA4B97BF-190-00000019BFC6698C.jpeg

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: June 28, 2017 11:05AM

Attachments:
35F1981E-31C0-4337-9D49-4272CA7EF818-190-00000022D8C8688E.jpeg

Posted by: need moar pics ()
Date: June 28, 2017 11:09AM

She is cute but has skinny arms. Any nudes?

Posted by: How a dem pres acts ()
Date: June 28, 2017 11:17AM

And then there's this presidential approach to women.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcsTfEfLZ9Y

Posted by: Hetero-Normative ()
Date: June 28, 2017 06:16PM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> He grabs pussies tho.

It's a hetero thing. You wouldn't understand.

Posted by: Gerry you're too emotional ()
Date: June 28, 2017 06:32PM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> "You knew I was a snake when you took me in."

This is nothing, we have a saying in this country "Irish eyes are Smiling" it means that the smile is in the eyes of the Irish folk. You libturds are always making a big deal out the smallest unimportant thing. A libturd publication once printed that when Trump walks, he doesn't care if he steps on the cracks in the cement. What kind of shit is that? That's why your party is all confused and discombobulated and shit house crazy.

Posted by: Fox News ()
Date: June 28, 2017 07:56PM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:

People take that line out context way too much! I will make a post about that eventually. How many redundant oversized pictures should I include in the post? Gifs or just regular still images? YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook links as well? I will title it "'Grab them by the pussy if you want': Trump's innermost passion for America explained".

Posted by: Bad Humor Evening or BHE ()
Date: June 28, 2017 09:42PM

BEH Wrote:
> The President has the best smelling fingers since
> JFK.

From scratching his fat ass? You are one sick puppy, BEH.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.