HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Screw you American Airlines
Posted by: Wahhh ()
Date: October 19, 2009 05:13PM

So I recently took a trip out west with my wife and 3 year old. We flew United out and then booked an Alaskan Air flight back. However, the Alaskan Air flight turned out to be a code share flight with American Airlines. We had to purchase a seat for my 3 year old, which we did not mind doing. We also had 3 carry-on bags, which I did not think was a problem since I payed for 3 seats. We had no problems on the flight out but on the flight back with American Airlines they stopped me at the gate because I was carrying two of the carry-on bags (my wife had the other and our daughter). I was told that I can only have one carry-on and that the other would have to be checked in. I explained that we have 3 tickets, which means 3 carry-ons - and explained that I happen to be carrying 2 of them since it seemed unfair to have my daughter dragging around a heavy, albeit within the required weight class, suitcase. The rotten bitch at the boarding gate did not share my views and proceeded to argue with me, even threatening at one point to deny us entry onto the flight unless we checked the bag. I asked if it mattered that we had 3 tickets, if she physically wanted my daughter to carry one of the bags on? Of course, she would not answer my questions, so I gave up and agreed to check the bag for a $20 fee. WTF? I will fucking walk across the country before I will ever give American another penny.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Screw you American Airlines
Posted by: bloody blisters ()
Date: October 19, 2009 05:18PM

#2 i win

i hate the whole flying process. everything from the ticket counters to the layovers.

Posted by: Brandon ()
Date: October 19, 2009 06:40PM

I would call customer service and let them know of your situation. I would also mention that you won't hesitate to post your bad experience all over the internet and tell anybody you know who regularly flys to avoid their airline if you're not refunded the money.

The rude response alone should get you something because even if they were right, which they're not, they are not allowed to get abusive with customers.

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: October 19, 2009 06:48PM

Fuck flying. I hate flying on that aluminum tube of death as it is, but the constant hassles from start to finish make me hate it so much that I refuse to fly anywhere unless it's absolutely fucking necessary. Thusly, the last time I was on a plane was 2006 and before that - September 18, 2001. Both for work reasons.

Posted by: FistR ()
Date: October 19, 2009 08:46PM

Do what Inkahootz does and take Greyhound wherever you go.

Posted by: dono ()
Date: October 19, 2009 09:09PM

Next time have your daughter drag the bag on the plane walking behind her and letting her rest when needed. Make sure it takes all the time she needs. Dont let anyone behind you pass.

If for some reason your daughter manages to do well take some time out for yourself. After all you are probably worried about her. Take a break in the causeway and dont let anyone pass. Do the same in the main isle of the plane.

You could of course predict these activities to the heartless bitch and she might think of the shitstorm to come from the delayed flight and passengers due to her fucking lack of brains...

just saying

Date: October 19, 2009 09:19PM

I avoid flying as much as possible. If I can drive somewhere in a day or two, I'll do that. Flying with kids is a nightmare.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: October 19, 2009 10:45PM

File a letter with the customer affairs dept and contest the fee with your cc company (I assume you paid with a credit card).

Posted by: Czar ()
Date: October 19, 2009 10:58PM

i have flown 4 times on A.A two round trips... I had nice experiences. Just my personal opinion, and i love flying. Taking off, landing, and even turbulence is so exciting! Being 30,000 feet up in the air is just an amazing feat for men to have achieved

Posted by: dono ()
Date: October 20, 2009 09:18AM

btw American Airlines is pathetic. I never travel on their airline as the service sucks, they cancel flight after flight making people wait all day so they can fill a plane and screw their customers.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: October 20, 2009 01:02PM

you should have screamed "jihad!"

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: October 20, 2009 01:31PM

Gravis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> you should have screamed "jihad!"

ha ha ha...Allah Akbar!

Posted by: Kenny_Powers ()
Date: October 21, 2009 06:17AM

i fucking hate the airlines/airports. Its the only place in this god damn country where you dont have any constitutional rights, and they dont give a fuck if you have a shitty costomer experience. Fuck the terrorists, fuck the airlines, fuck all you pussies who think you are even remotely safe walking into an airport. It is a small illusion of safety covered by a sea of incompitance.

Posted by: Britdrnva~ ()
Date: October 21, 2009 01:26PM

That is right rotten and total bullshit, I agree with the other posters you certainly should write to AA and let them know of this incident as it's not fair in the least.

I like flying but the process getting onto the airplane is ridiculous. From all the stupid "security" lines to the 3 oz of liquid rule - tis totally superfluous and doesn't stop anyone from really wanting to carry out an attack. Just wastes time and sucks up resources.

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: October 21, 2009 01:41PM

Britdrnva~ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That is right rotten and total bullshit, I agree
> with the other posters you certainly should write
> to AA and let them know of this incident as it's
> not fair in the least.

Yeah... they'll give you a discount on your next horrible AA trip; it'll suck just as bad, but at least it'll be cheaper.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Posted by: TefD187 ()
Date: October 22, 2009 10:39AM

Im bout to fly AA, I will take a shit in the bathroom sink for you, 5 mins into the flight.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.