HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pixel - it's like photoshop... but better
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: October 25, 2006 04:31PM

ok... so i know a bunch of people steal have photoshop but stole didnt pay for it because it's like a jillion dollars. well, a week or two ago i found this program via digg.com, called Pixel. right... so it's not free, it's $32... until it's out of beta in which it will be $100. i personally use linux so there is nothing close to photoshop other than this. so... now the details:

Name: Pixel
What is it: Software to edit and draw images like Photoshop
Webpage: http://www.kanzelsberger.com
Cost: $32 (unless you wait... in which case it will be $100)

now, if you are some freeloading dirty hippie who uses linux and refuses to pay for any software, stfu and go choke on the anti-intuitive social experiment of a program called GIMP.

personally, i think Pixel is better than Photoshop because it has some sweet new features like multiple work areas (similar to multiple desktops on linux desktops). oh... and it does open photoshop files... but cant save as them.

there is a fully functional demo on the site. check it out, you thief.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pixel - it's like photoshop... but better
Posted by: mad max, JD ()
Date: October 25, 2006 05:11PM

Meh, my computer aint slow, but that program is a chore to use. I was all excited about it too.

Date: October 25, 2006 05:21PM

mad max, JD Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Meh, my computer aint slow, but that program is a
> chore to use. I was all excited about it too.

do you mean it ran slowly? perhaps you should consider upgrading/cleaning up/getting a new os for your computer. if it is your computer going slowly, im thinking it's not going any faster with photoshop. how fast is your system?

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: October 25, 2006 05:35PM

Ok, its not that fast, 1.33, but pshop only runs slowly when applying a filter or something, this one was constantly in slow motion even when just drawing a freehand selection.

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: October 25, 2006 06:21PM

For $99 you can buy Photoshop Elements 5.0. It does just about everything Photoshop CS does with half the buttons and confusion.

Posted by: Lasuena ()
Date: October 25, 2006 08:00PM

I use Paint Shop Pro for editing. But nothing can beat QIMAGE from ddisoftware.com for printing. This one costs around $35 with lifetime updates. I've used it for years and still can't find anything that prints at that fine a quality.

Date: October 25, 2006 09:50PM

Weird, I reinstalled it and it's working fine now. Pretty damn good. I never thought I'd say this, but thanks Gravis.

Posted by: Genevieve ()
Date: October 25, 2006 11:17PM

I am neither a hippy nor a linux user... and I like Gimp. I didn't find it nearly as intuitive as Photoshop or Fireworks to learn, but it really wasn't that bad. For a free program, it is great.

Date: October 26, 2006 12:06AM

Genevieve Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am neither a hippy nor a linux user... and I
> like Gimp.

crackhead?

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: October 26, 2006 08:23AM

I used GIMP for a year before switching to Photoshop. Photoshop is far superior in end product rendering.

Yes, their are products other than Photoshop that have nice features, many free or around $40, but the final graphic just isn't as clear and crisp as Photoshop.

There's a reason everybody compares graphic software to Photoshop.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: October 26, 2006 08:56AM

I think the defense point is the price, if it "gets the job done", gimp is right considering the price.

Photoshop is the best, of course, and if you have no scruples, like myself, it is also free...

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: October 26, 2006 09:21AM

I'll give it a test... I'm a moderately heaving photoshop user so we'll see.

Date: October 28, 2006 11:28PM

Their customer service is good too. I bought it last night and the authentication code didn't work. They emailed right back and made it right, after midnight. Again, showing gratitude to Gravis is painful, but I'll be damned if he hasn't earned it.

Date: October 29, 2006 01:10AM

muahahahahahahaha

Posted by: enough ()
Date: December 29, 2015 02:26AM

Finally deleted it.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.