HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Do You Know the Lord's Prayer
Posted by: Father Murphy ()
Date: February 19, 2017 05:34PM

Do you know the Lord's Prayer? I would say most people do, even if you aren't a practicing Christian.

Why is it, then, that Melania Trump had to read it from a script during a Trump rally? Christian? Really?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do You Know the Lord's Prayer
Posted by: bilingual s ()
Date: February 19, 2017 05:51PM

Her primary language has been Slovakian for decades, she uses English no doubt daily in speaking; but the ability to translate Slovak to English or vice versa is difficult and requires reading. In other words when she prays daily in Slovakian, the mental switch is not required.

Posted by: PLexp ()
Date: February 19, 2017 05:55PM

That doesn't mean everything. It's what one does in life more than prayer that defines a person.

Who is posting as Father Murphy? (dare i ask - on ffu - not the place where one trusts poster's names)

Posted by: grophusharris ()
Date: February 19, 2017 09:23PM

I can say it in English, Italian, French, Spanish, Greek and Latin. If I had to say it in Portuguese, I would have to read it from a paper.

Re: Do You Know that god is not real
Posted by: Nigslayer ()
Date: February 19, 2017 09:29PM

Jesus Christ is a character in a book made by men who wanted to assert power over the ignorant. Claim to have all the answers and be a "chosen one" and the ignorant masses follow you. I am legitimately appalled that in this day and age, people still take religion seriously, even kill over it.

And a magic creator that gives no fucks about the world he created makes so much more sense, right? The Bible is one giant fable. I have read it, have you? Actually reading the Bible is the biggest factor that turned me into an atheist.

Posted by: just to piss off libtards? ()
Date: February 19, 2017 09:30PM

seems to be working...

Posted by: Hey now ()
Date: February 19, 2017 09:44PM

One could readily point out the fact that, at the very least, they don't kneel on a prayer rug like the last two in the same house.

Posted by: If it's just a book... ()
Date: February 19, 2017 10:11PM

What makes the Bible so special that it is still bought of followed over 2,000 years ago?

Any other book would have lasted 50 tom100'at the most before people called BS.

If you have a rational answer, I might agree with you that it's "just a book".

Posted by: Melania Trump ()
Date: February 19, 2017 10:17PM

So embarrassing they put this softcore bimbo up on stage to read bible passages. Total pandering.

Posted by: Loled ()
Date: February 19, 2017 10:22PM

Trump is NOT a christian. What made you think he was? Trump has never gone to church in life.

Plus Ivanka is a jew.

Posted by: wally ()
Date: February 19, 2017 10:59PM

Maybe she was nervous, so she had it written down in case she forgot some of it. Not a big deal.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.