HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
The womanhood project is the new photography platform urging women of the world to urinate
Posted by: Fox News ()
Date: January 30, 2017 01:19PM

jpeg&output-quality=75the-womanhood-project-is-the-new-photogruntitled-article-1485534188-body-image-1untitled-article-1485534188-body-image-1

They say the best things come in pairs, which couldn't be truer for creative collaborators Sara Hini and Cassandra Cacheiro. Born in Algeria, but moved to Montreal at a young age, Sara always felt like the odd one out. With her darker skin and frizzy hair, she stood out from the rest of the girls at school, which is something Cassandra could relate to, having been bullied about her weight since she was just a kid. But after a chance meeting at a party, the pair decided to tackle these problems head on, which is why they set up The Womanhood Project, an online platform that invites a diverse cast of women to share their personal stories to women around the world.

Shot nude by Cassandra, and art directed by Sara, The Womanhood Project offers women a safe space to come together and open up about topics such as gender, sexuality, motherhood, abuse, mental health, abortion, menstruation, body hair and much more. With the future of women's rights growing more and more unstable, now has never been a better time for us to unite. Here we meet the dynamic duo to talk the realities of sexism, the future of feminism, and what it means to be a woman in 2017.

New Genuary: Take a look at the talented, up-and-coming photographers we've been spotlighting all January.

What's the story behind Womanhood?
Sara: The more I got into photography and body positivity the more I realised there was still so many taboos left. Lots of issues were being discussed but nothing much was being done in terms of photography. We find the girls, Cassandra does the pictures, I do the creative direction and ask a lot questions to guide the interview. It's a really natural process where we do what we're good at. Cassandra has a deep sincerity and kindness when it comes to taking pictures of naked women, which is so important when women are being so open and vulnerable with us.

What are you looking for in a woman?
Cassandra: The day we announced on social media that we were looking for women to talk about their personal issues and to be photographed in an intimate setting, we never thought so many women would be interested. At the beginning we chose about 20 girls to be part of the project. We knew that they'd have a story to share and that the project was meant for them. We were also looking for diversity of all ages, colour and lifestyle.

Why is it so important in this day and age to give visibility to such a diverse range of women?
Sara: It's the only way to slowly change how we perceive women and ourselves. We are so deeply conditioned to a certain type of image. We need to keep a critical mind towards this and produce more content that goes beyond and challenges those paradigms.
Cassandra: I've never understood why the media only showed one type of women. There needs to be a change with that and it's slowly happening. We want to be a part of that change.

Is there a danger of enforcing a separatist notion of woman, i.e as being intrinsically different to men?
Cassandra: Yes, which would defeat the purpose of what women have been fighting for, for years. Feminism means equality of the sexes, not women being superior to men. That's what a lot of people don't understand with feminism. Men sometimes see feminism as a threat, but it really isn't. I think the word and definition of feminism is way too often misunderstood.

Feminism is becoming a part of the cultural conversation in a way it's never before why do you think this is?
Sara: In this digital age we are aware of world's events more than ever. The female condition always has been and still is an extremely important issue. From there it will keep going. The more women speak their minds and claim their place in society the more we will talk about them and the more other woman will want to follow this example.

Is there a danger of it being reduced to a trend? Something that large brands can exploit?
Cassandra:I do feel like some brands are beginning to use feminism as a trend. As long as it's well used and promoted, I mean, it's still not a bad trend to have. Companies and brands just need to be clear about their message and stick to what feminism really is. I just hope that people who do discover feminism through large brands can really dig into it and realise that it's not a trend, it's a way of life.

thewomandhoodproject.com
https://i-d.vice.com/en_gb/article/the-womanhood-project-is-the-new-photography-platform-urging-women-of-the-world-to-unite

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The womanhood project is the new photography platform urging women of the world to urinate
Date: January 30, 2017 01:25PM

06092016-img742-1024x677.jpg06092016-img760-1024x654.jpg06092016-img755-1024x653.jpg06092016-img764-1024x618.jpg

My significant other at the time had moved to England three weeks prior to me staring at a positive pregnancy test. It must have happened the last time we had been intimate.

We facetimed.

Since he had just started this big deal job, he couldn’t ask for vacation time to come back. We wanted to see each other before carrying out any decisions on the matter.

I flew to England.

He was working from 8am-9pm almost every day. I had no money, no friends, and no distractions. I spent entire days in bed thinking about how much bigger this thing was getting inside of me, and wondering if it would make the procedure more difficult. I was repulsed by myself.

I couldn’t eat anything without being sick, smells made me nauseous, and I was always tired. I remember once feeling so hungry and weak that I actually crawled to the kitchen, laid on the floor in front of the fridge and looked inside to see what I could find. As I was staring up in the empty fridge, I said “What the fuck am I doing here?” out loud, and that made everything more real. Being pregnant when you know it will be terminated makes the suffering intolerable. There was no point in going there and living through the symptoms for an extra two weeks.

That night we got into a fight because I told him I wanted to go home and that I shouldn’t have gone there in the first place. He cried because he felt that he was helpless and slept on the couch as a result. I laid awake in anger and resentment because I felt that I was the helpless one.

06092016-img760

After I got home I went to my appointment at the clinic. At this point I was 10 weeks along. When the nurse was setting up the needle for intravenous I started panicking. She asked me to count back from 100, 99, 98, 97, and then I heard the suction start. Time is really unreliable when you are on these drugs, but it felt like she was there for maybe five seconds. I remember thinking that I was in pain, and that I wanted her to get out of inside me. I started having a full on anxiety attack, crying, hyperventilating, trying to close my legs. The nurse kept saying it was almost done, almost done, a little longer.

Then it was over.

The doctor walked out, the drugs wore off, and I laid there next to the nurse who was apologizing for not giving me a gas mask. I said it wasn’t her fault, and that it was mine. I started crying uncontrollably. She guided me to the recovery area.

I got some grape juice, some crackers, and some time to come back to reality. Someone came in to see if I was ready to leave and asked who was in the waiting room for me.

No one.

She said I wasn’t allowed to leave alone. I repeated.

I have no one.

She gave me ten extra minutes. I got dressed and told them I would take a taxi. Once outside, I just decided to save my money and walk home.

The (would be) father ended up ghosting on me a few months later. He blocked me on everything, and completely disappeared from my life. Not because he wanted to keep it and was angry or anything. But because I was “no longer the person he fell in love with” afterwards.

He rid himself of me just as I had with our pregnancy.

06092016-img755

What I’ve learned to understand from my experience is how powerful the female body is. Power sometimes leaves you in awe, just as it can scare you to death. I was amazed that I went from one day being a university student, worrying about which paper to print on and the next day, a carrier of a human life. I was also amazed at how violent your own body can be against itself. Aching everywhere, sick after every bite, tired after a full night of sleep, feeling like my brain was a cotton ball unable to process anything, all as a result of my body changing itself for something new. A self-automated physical reaction from inward out; uncontrollable and fierce AF. I had no idea my body was capable of any of this. It was a dormant power that revealed itself to me in an “unfortunate” sequence of events.

I have never regretted my decision.

In fact, I discovered myself when I lost my pregnancy. I felt as though this little embryo was sucking the life out of me. The life I once knew and loved, was slowly draining itself into my fetus, and when that too was removed, I was completely empty. Being empty sounds like a bad thing, but it wasn’t. Recovering from this took months, of course. I was emotionally numb for a while. It was terribly depressing to be unable to find the self I once knew and found comfort in. She was gone, and the only way to get better was to become someone that I wanted to be and that I had ultimately already become; someone confident, understanding and conscious. My life before this experience was filled with a lack of consequences, ultimately leaving me coasting through days with a sense of oblivion, lack of feeling or significance. Not many of my decisions had any direct repercussions at all, except this. I was forced to make a decision, to trust myself in making a decision that was true to me and no one else. I needed to re-evaluate how I had got myself in this situation in the first place and accept where I had made mistakes. I had to look forward, and make the absolute best of the new life I had just given myself through the act of taking life away from whoever my child would have been.

http://ayemag.com/the-womanhood-project-melanie-may/

Re: The womanhood project is the new photography platform urging women of the world to urinate
Date: January 30, 2017 01:32PM

1-1-1024x633.jpg4-1024x675.jpg2-1024x667.jpg3-1024x650.jpg5-1024x653.jpg

NOM: ANNE

*en rémission depuis le 22 septembre

1 (1)

«?Quand on se compare, on se console.?»

Je ne sais pas qui a dit ça ni pourquoi on le répète d’ailleurs, parce que s’il y a bien une chose qui ne m’a pas consolée c’est de me comparer aux autres filles. Je sais bien que je ne suis pas la seule. L’herbe est toujours plus verte chez la voisine, ses cheveux aussi, ses cuisses, sa job de nos rêves, son attitude de feu, son rire majestueux. On s’imagine que, chez la voisine, il fait toujours beau. Comment pourrait-il pleuvoir sur des jambes aussi longues??

Je me suis fait beaucoup dire que j’étais belle et que j’étais forte ces temps-ci. Comme quoi nous sommes toute la voisine de quelqu’un d’autre. Et chez moi, il ne fait pas toujours soleil. C’est pour ça qu’il faut qu’on parle. C’est aussi ça la solidarité féminine. J’veux pas être en compétition avec vous autres. Tu me trouves belle, tu me trouves forte?? Super?! mais, qu’on se le dise, c’est juste ce que tu vois, parce qu’au fond j’suis comme toi. Je patauge aussi. Faut qu’on arrête de se comparer les filles, aidons-nous.

«You can sit with us»

Super jeune j’ai ressenti le besoin maladif d’être non seulement jolie, mais parfaite. Je me comparais aux filles plus vieilles et aux modèles qu’on me montrait à la télé. Mon corps n’était pas encore mature et moi non plus. La puberté faisait son effet. Plus mes hanches étaient solides, plus j’étais faible. J’ai passé le test de la puberté, j’ai réussi à devenir ce qu’ils nous enseignent, j’ai appris à être une éternelle insatisfaite de mon corps.

Je ne compte plus les lunchs que j’ai jetés à la poubelle de l’école. Privant mon corps de son précieux sandwich au jambon au profit d’un ventre plat. La course à la perfection allait bon train, j’y mettais toutes mes énergies (et de l’énergie, ça en bouffe beaucoup). Au début de la vingtaine, j’ai construit mon estime de moi dans le regard des autres (parce qu’ils sont les mieux placés pour me dire que je suis parfaite, non??). Incapable de m’aimer moi-même, j’ai cherché l’approbation dans le one-night-stand. En fait, j’ai commencé un jeu dangereux, j’ai commencé à bâtir mon identité sur le désir.

C’est un jeu dangereux le désir, parce que, ça implique que tu essaies de correspondre à ce que tu penses qui fera plaisir à l’autre. C’est tordu.

Je vous raconte tout cela parce qu’une relation à long terme c’est complexe, ça évolue et chacune des étapes est importante. Je ne parle pas de couple ici, mais de la relation que nous avons avec notre corps. C’est la plus longue relation que nous vivrons. Si dans un couple l’amour et la communication sont la clé, je ne vois pas comment ce serait différent avec notre corps.

Dans ma course vers la perfection, j’ai quand même réussi à devenir plus mature. J’ai réglé mes troubles alimentaires et cessé de mutiler ma peau. J’ai appris à porter fièrement mes cicatrices. Elles racontent une longue histoire de violence et leur guérison lance un message d’espoir aux autres et à moi-même.

J’ai aussi appris à gérer mes angoisses dans le sport et à accepter certains traits de mon corps qui me rendent unique. Accepter ma pilosité a été aussi une très grande étape dans ma relation d’amour avec mon corps. Évidemment, je remercie la vague de femmes qui ont parlé de pilosité au cours des dernières années, donnant la force à des filles comme moi de jeter le rasoir à la poubelle. Ça ne règle pas tout le poil sous les aisselles, mais dans notre tête, d’accepter son corps naturellement, ça envoie un message très fort. Un geste d’amour qui m’a fait ralentir ma course à la perfection. Qui m’a fait réalisé que la perfection je l’avais peut-être déjà, suffisait de changer de lunettes lorsque je me regardais dans le miroir.

Sauf que je n’étais pas au bout de mes peines.

La poussière n’était pas encore tombée depuis ma grosse rupture amoureuse qu’on m’a annoncé, en mars, que j’avais un cancer. Le corps que j’apprenais à aimer me trahissait, il avait décidé, lui, qu’il avait assez couru. À ce moment-là, mon corps a cessé de m’appartenir. La maladie a pris toute la place et j’ai mis ma peau dans les mains des médecins. On pique, on tâte, on re-pique, on coupe, on tripote. « Va là », « prend ça », « pique ici », « ne mange plus ça ».

Mon corps est devenu un lieu de douleur et d’incompréhension. Je savais que les traitements n’allaient que durer 6 mois, mais c’est long, quand tu souffres. Tout est devenu programmé; des cycles de médication qui décident des bonnes et mauvaises journées.

Le moins qu’on puisse dire, c’est que ça augmente le niveau de difficulté de la game «être bien dans sa peau». Ta peau change. Tes poils changent. Tu dors tout le temps. Tu dors jamais. Tu manges des choses étranges. Tu enfles. Tu désenfles. Tu es fatiguée.

Très fatiguée.

J’ai bien vécu la perte de mes cheveux. Je les ai rasés avant le premier traitement et j’ai continué de les raser une fois par semaine. Je ne les ai pas tous perdus, mais ils poussent plus diffus et minces. Mieux vaut les raser pour l’instant. Mes poils sont pas mal tous tombés aussi, il ne reste que quelques survivants blonds et fins. Rien à voir avec mon corps comme je l’ai connu.

Si jamais vous cherchiez une façon de cesser votre course à la perfection, je vous le dis, le cancer c’est efficace. Ça enlève la pression de plaire, c’est la meilleure excuse que vous pourriez trouver pour ne pas vous pomponner. Ça fait du bien en quelque sorte. Même si ça fait mal, même si mon corps m’est en partie étranger. Je le laisse faire ce qu’il a envie, je n’essaie pas de le changer. J’accepte mon sort, ça rend la maladie moins lourde un peu.

Ok, je vis bien avec mon corps malade, du moins j’essaie. Mais il y a un mais.

Je suis malade et ça paraît. Je l’ai d’écrit sur le coco et c’est une étiquette pas facile à porter. D’ailleurs, les gens se permettent beaucoup de m’aborder pour me parler de mon coco.

« Tu dois avoir fait ça pour une cause! »

Non. J’ai le cancer.

En quoi le fait que je sois rasée te donne le droit de venir me poser des questions sur ma vie privée? C’est tellement agressant et ça arrive toutes les fois que je sors. On a du chemin à faire. Une fille sans cheveux c’est pas la fin du monde, c’est probablement parce qu’elle se sent bien comme ça, la majorité le fait pour le style, d’autres pour la maladie.

Réveillez-vous! Y’a pas juste le Défi Têtes rasées qui rend les filles chauves!

Je ne compte plus les filles qui m’ont dit: «T’es chanceuse! Au moins ça te fait bien les cheveux rasés, t’es trop belle comme ça! Moi je serais super laide rasée. T’es vraiment chanceuse!»

C’est vrai. Je suis chanceuse…

Je vous le dis une fois pour toutes. Non. Être beau ça aide pas quand t’as un cancer.

Ça n’aide pas à guérir, ça n’aide pas la douleur, ça n’aide pas la confiance en soi non plus. Être malade c’est de la marde, ça fait mal, c’est difficile, c’est épeurant, c’est stressant, c’est épuisant. Mais, je suis chanceuse…right? Quand t’as la beauté, t’en as pas de problème?

Ce n’est pas mal intentionné comme discours, mais ça en dit long sur nos priorités.

C’est juste les filles qui ont utilisé le mot chanceuse. Les gars m’ont principalement dit: « T’es tellement forte, t’es super belle en plus! ». On voit que les filles se mettaient dans ma peau et la première chose à laquelle elles pensaient c’est «moi je ne serais pas belle ça irait donc plus mal ».

Tu ne penses pas à ça quand t’es en train de mourir. Je te le jure. C’est pas un baume sur grand-chose. Que tu te sentes belle ou non, quand tu te lèves, que tu dois te piquer et prendre tes médicaments, la personne que tu vois dans le miroir est malade.

Voilà. C’est de ça que j’avais envie de vous parler. De cette relation à long terme qui est si difficile parfois. On ne gagne pas la course à la perfection en se comparant aux autres. C’est dans notre tête que ça se joue. Accepter notre corps, ses défauts, ses poils, ça fait du bien. Cesser d’accorder autant d’importance à nos cheveux aussi. Les bad hair days! C’est quoi cette merde! Pensez-y! Passer une mauvaise journée parce que nos cheveux n’ont pas collaboré?

On peut-tu se donner une chance!

C’est pas rose de mon côté en ce moment, mais j’ai envie de vous dire que ça s’peut accepter notre corps même dans la maladie. Pour une fille qui se met toute la pression du monde pour être parfaite, exposer mon corps dans son moment de faiblesse est très demandant. Cependant, c’était nécessaire. C’est mon exorcisme perso.

Je vous laisse sur une phrase qui résume tout ce que j’avais envie de vous dire.

“La beauté n’est pas le loyer à payer pour exister en ce monde en tant que femme”

http://ayemag.com/the-womanhood-project-anne/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2017 01:32PM by Fox News.

Date: January 30, 2017 01:36PM

29082016-img658.jpg29082016-img662-1024x634.jpg30082016-img665-1024x611.jpg01092016-img687-1024x637.jpg29082016-img6561-1024x646.jpg

NOM: Ariane

J’ai communiqué avec le père de mon enfant. Cet enfant qui grandit dans mon bas ventre. Cet enfant qui a été créé à l’autre bout de l’océan. Cet enfant dont le père est un ami d’enfance, retrouvé 14 ans plus tard. Une histoire romantique penserez-vous?? Plutôt, je dirais, une histoire douloureuse, que je traine dans mes entrailles depuis un an et demi maintenant. Cet enfant qui ne verra jamais la couleur du ciel et les joies de l’odeur de l’air salin de bord de mer. Le père considère que je suis sa mort à l’autre bout de l’océan. Il m’explique qu’on meurt un peu tous les jours. Il m’éclaircit sa pensée : quand je dis que tu es ma mort lointaine je veux dire que de l’autre côté d’un océan j’ai dû dire au revoir à quelque chose, et que c’est normal vu les circonstances. Certains planifient leurs grossesses, d’autres se font prendre par surprise. Certains diront que c’est irresponsable. C’est plutôt ce dernier discours que j’ai entendu de mes proches. Malheureusement.

Cet avortement, ce ne fut pas un choix facile.

29082016-img662

J’ai vingt-six ans, je suis diagnostiquée bipolaire depuis maintenant trois ans. Cela fait deux ans que je suis médicamentée par des régulateurs d’humeurs et des antipsychotiques. Parce que oui, j’ai fait une manie, et un an plus tard une hypomanie (ça, c’est comme une prépsychose qui te permet bien souvent de te sauver de la manie si on apprend à reconnaître les signes précurseurs). N’ayez pas pitié de ma situation. C’est génétique. On s’y fait… ou plutôt on l’intègre dans notre quotidien.
Mais là où je veux en venir, c’est que ses petites pilules qui sauvent mon quotidien et qui le rendent plus régulier et stable, bien, ils ont endommagé mon enfant. Bien sûr, il est possible d’avoir des enfants en étant bipolaire me direz-vous, mais les grossesses doivent préférablement être planifiées et les traitements médicamenteux peuvent être modifiés pour conserver un état stable chez la mère et une bonne santé chez l’enfant. Voyez-vous, les trois types de médicaments que je prends matins et soirs, et bien, deux de ses trois endommagent les fœtus dès les premières semaines de formation. Il ne sert à rien de les énumérer, c’est beaucoup trop douloureux, mais sachez que cette décision d’avortement a été prise en pleine conscience du bien-être de l’enfant. Oui à l’époque je n’avais pas de travail, oui j’avais un appartement à payer à moi seule, oui le père habitait dans un autre continent. Mais cet enfant, bien, il était dans mon corps, je l’ai senti grandir, je l’ai aimé dès que j’ai su à sept semaines que j’étais enceinte.
30082016-img665

J’ai pris un bon mois pour réfléchir à tout ça, à me présenter aux urgences de mon institut psychiatrique pour enlever le dommage que ces pilules faisaient à mon enfant. Il était trop tard. Et maudit que tout le monde ne faisait que me rabâcher les oreilles que l’avortement était pour le mieux. Que c’était la seule solution.
Ce que j’en retiens c’est que je ne peux pas modifier le passé, je ne peux pas maudire les psychiatres de m’avoir donné ce type de médicaments, qui plus est m’a fait prendre 80 livres depuis deux ans. Je ne peux juste pas tourner mon dos contre mon état de santé mental. Mon équilibre en dépend.
Mon corps s’est modifié bien sûr. J’ai des marques sous les seins et le bas du ventre. Ce que j’aimerais de tout mon cœur est de penser que mes nouvelles courbes sont celles que mon enfant a laissées chez moi, que c’est la trace qu’il a laissée dans ma vie. Mais encore là, la vie me fout une claque dans la gueule, parce que ces traces sont signes encore une fois que pour être «?comme les autres?» je dois engloutir énormément de pilules par année pour réguler mes hauts trop hauts et mes bas beaucoup trop noirs pour y voir clair et que ce sont elles qui me font prendre du poids. J’aimerais aussi faire taire ses personnes mal placées qui me demandent à combien de semaines je suis ou qui me disent que ma robe de maternité est belle.
Il n’y a rien de plus douloureux que de ne pas porter un enfant «?réel?» présentement.
Bébé, je veux que tu saches que je t’ai aimé, que je t’aime et que cette décision a été la plus difficile de ma vie.
01092016-img687

Je voudrais remercier ma grande sœur qui fut la seule à me féliciter pour cette grossesse peut être importe qu’elle a été planifiée ou non. C’est la seule personne qui avait des yeux qui brillaient et qui m’a fait sentir mère et humaine. Contrairement à mes amies de longue date qui n’ont fait que me juger et prendre la tangente rationnelle avec des regards blessants.

Il y a aussi ma découverte incroyable en amitié de 2016 qui connaît maintenant mon passé et mon cheminement et qui m’a surprise à me souhaiter une joyeuse fête des Mères. Parce oui, j’ai été une mère à ma façon aussi, et que j’aurais toujours cette boule dans la gorge pour la vie.

Merci à Cassandra et Sara qui m’ont permise de raconter un petit chapitre de ma vie. Le fait de poser nue m’a permise de renouer avec mon corps. Je vois le regard de Cassandra derrière la lentille comme une capture de mes cicatrices, qu’elles soient visibles ou non. Et que je les aime ou non, l’a n’est pas la question, c’est que j’apprends à les apprécier jour après jour, de plus en plus grâce à ça.

http://ayemag.com/thewomanhood-project-ariane/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2017 01:37PM by Fox News.

Date: January 30, 2017 01:41PM

29082016-img6431-1024x651.jpg29082016-img651-1024x640.jpg29082016-img640-1024x613.jpg

NOM: Bianca Di Blasio

29082016-img643

Why did you want to participate to this project and pose nude?

I wanted to challenge myself and other’s perception of how a naked female body should be represented. There exist ways to show your body naked from which people won’t feel too uncomfortable. We see it everywhere on social medias: women are going at it on Instagram showing off those curves and abs half naked and, don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against it! But it is still hidden behind an idea of what is desirable. Showing your natural body with all its “imperfections” is an actual challenge, because you are totally transparent about the way you look and you can feel very vulnerable.

What did you think of the experience ?

It felt good to realize how comfortable I was with being photographed naked. The challenge was to let go when I started thinking about how my entourage would react to the post.

How do you think nudity should be represented?

Nudity is a delicate subject when it comes to the female body. The body is something natural, it was born naked and I think there shouldn’t be any taboos around it. There is something very intimate to it, obviously, and that’s where it becomes tricky. But other than that, it’s only the social conventions that regulate what is acceptable or not in terms of nudity. In America, even though we proclaim ourselves as free and open minded, we are extremely prude and self conscious. I would love to see the body being understood as the complete and perfect artefact it is. I don’t want to say it’s impossible nowadays, but a total mindset subversion is necessary within the occidental culture to erase the objected idea of the body and for it to be seen as the beautiful natural thing it actually is.

What has been your biggest struggle as a woman?

I think dealing with my body hair and building self confidence were tough ones. The struggle when you are a girl is to grow into the best version of yourself while ignoring pre-established social norms and advertising messages. We are exposed to them at a young age, a period when we are looking for answers on how to become a woman. I was in elementary school when I was told I had to shave my legs by my friends. I also remember being about 13 years old, saying to myself “my goal is to be the prettiest” and thinking about which plastic surgery I wanted to get. It’s insane but yet again, it wasn’t really me talking, I was told those things.
Then I went on with my life thinking this is just something I have to deal with because that’s the way it is. Social norms are presented to us as truths, like something you don’t have to question. For example, girls and boys are told that “hair is gross on a woman”, at the same time and in the same way they are told to brush their teeth or wash their hands before a meal. That’s why no one really questions it, but at the end of the day, no one is born thinking hair is gross, it’s actually essential to our health.

29082016-img651

Body hair is a hot topic. Would you say it’s a potential sign of change towards a more liberated perception of the female body?

Well the problem stands in the fact that it is a “hot topic”. Some girls have been doing it for years, some have recently assumed it in order to change social norms, but now it seems like armpits hair is becoming a trend, meaning it’s accepted by society in general. Now what about legs, thighs, forearms, pubic hair, face hair ? For some who have been shaving since the age of 13, it takes a lot of courage to let it all grow, honestly. Armpits hair is cool because it’s one thing less to think about for us, but it’s still an act that lays on surface. The change has to be done in the deeper cultural tissues, in the education, in the mindset.

What does femininity represent for you?

I’ve come to understand that femininity can be found both in men and women. But I’ve been through all kinds of phases where I would at first emphasizes everything feminine about myself and then totally reject it. Now I feel like being sensitive and delicate defines what is feminine about me.

http://ayemag.com/the-womanhood-project-bianca/

Date: January 30, 2017 02:42PM

?

Posted by: GeGPc ()
Date: January 30, 2017 02:46PM

I DID NOT SEE ANY WOMEN URINATING! THIS THREAD SO FAR IS A TOTAL LIE!

Posted by: I think they mention it because ()
Date: January 30, 2017 02:47PM

after you looks and don't see it, you say "PISS ON IT!" and give up.

Posted by: A cups are the best! I love em'! ()
Date: January 30, 2017 02:49PM

It's awesome to be able to insert a woman's entire tit into your mouth!

Posted by: DanGolfy ()
Date: January 30, 2020 09:05AM

It’s an interesting photoshoot idea. It seems like the photographer wanted to tell the story of each woman through these photos. The project shows us the real-life and how a woman can be feminine in her own way. I appreciated it. I think the person who took the photos is an amateur photographer because I noticed that not all photography rules are respected and I would like to advise a useful article about different types of photography https://shutterreleaseworld.com/21-different-types-of-photography/ . This article also could serve as an inspiration for the next shootings.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.