HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Recovery Funds at Work
Date: September 05, 2009 08:10AM

While CNN, MSNBC and Fox spend 24/7 covering the fake outrage over a President addressing kids about the importance of education, Al Jazeera actually reports on how the Recovery Act is helping unemployed Americans...

MSM in America is pathetic.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Recovery Funds at Work
Posted by: TheMale ()
Date: September 05, 2009 11:17AM

What a douchebag at 1:55. He's probably trying to explain to this towel head chick the values of america or whatever but just made us all look like fucking chodes.

Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: September 05, 2009 12:43PM

Yes, the evil plant that found it was cheaper to move to Mexico and compete globally by paying for cheap labor. Brought to you by NAFTA.

So I am happy these folks are working - but honestly it just goes back to the question of, what will America produce once this is over? Some pies?

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: September 05, 2009 02:29PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> what will America produce once this is over? Some pies?
Attachments:
catpie.jpg

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: September 05, 2009 02:52PM

LOL at Meeper's pic.

Media in America has really dumbed down in the past ten years. Look what they did to CNN Headline News, now called HLN; it looks like the E! network.

The international version of CNN and BBC is pretty informative. Al Jazeera can have interesting programs, but some of their reports are too pro-Palestinian and pro-Sharia for my tastes.

Blessed are the murderous.

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: September 05, 2009 05:29PM

eesh Wrote:
> Al Jazeera can have interesting
> programs, but some of their reports are too
> pro-Palestinian and pro-Sharia for my tastes.

I'm sure our reports are a little too anti-Palestinian and pro-Christian for them as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: September 05, 2009 07:44PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
> Yes, the evil plant that found it was cheaper to
> move to Mexico and compete globally by paying for
> cheap labor. Brought to you by NAFTA.
>
> So I am happy these folks are working - but
> honestly it just goes back to the question of,
> what will America produce once this is over? Some
> pies?

How about alternative energy sources made viable by cap and trade? Here's an e-mail I recieved earlier on that very topic.

Hi,

Unemployment keeps going up. So why is Congress stalling on President
Obama's clean energy jobs plan, which would create more than 1.7 million
jobs?

I signed a petition urging Congress to do something about unemployment and
pass the clean energy jobs bill now. Can you join me at the link below?

http://pol.moveon.org/enoughunemployment/o.pl?r_by=17148-8737130-_MZEyVx&rc=mailto

Thanks!

References

Visible links
. http://pol.moveon.org/enoughunemployment/o.pl?r_by=17148-8737130-_MZEyVx&rc=mailto

Registered Voter...a Big talking coward..big man on FFXU...little man in life.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2009 07:44PM by Vince(1).

Date: September 05, 2009 07:47PM

eesh Wrote:
> LOL at Meeper's pic.
>
>
> Media in America has really dumbed down in the
> past ten years. Look what they did to CNN Headline
> News, now called HLN; it looks like the E!
> network.
>
> The international version of CNN and BBC is pretty
> informative. Al Jazeera can have interesting
> programs, but some of their reports are too
> pro-Palestinian and pro-Sharia for my tastes.

Seems to me all of you have dumbed down the last ten years. For too long this country has relied on importing the Doctors..engineers...nurses..computer geeks to do our work requiring higher level/technical skills. All corporate Amerika needed US citizens for is the military and retail store clerks.

Date: September 05, 2009 11:14PM

Vince(1) Wrote:
> How about alternative energy sources made viable
> by cap and trade?

> Obama's clean energy jobs plan, which would create
> more than 1.7 million
> jobs?

Because for the 1.7 Million jobs it would create, it is likely 3.4 million would be lost. Spain has tried a green economy and failed, and if cap and trade goes through it will drive up costs even more for small businesses in this country. The ones that actually drive the job growth in the economy. Until we actually get a electric grid in place that has a larger percentage of plants that are not coal or oil, cap and trade will drive up costs. Funny, you just don't seem to understand economics Vince. Other than on the rich, and whatever stealth tax they can muster, the Democrats are doing everything in their power to NOT raise taxes right now. There is a good reason for that - maybe you should educate yourself now that you no longer work for the Federal Government. It's obvious you didn't have much in the way of intelligence requirements for your last job.

Date: September 05, 2009 11:25PM

Well...I double checked the number of jobs being created will be 10.2 million jobs! The truth is whether or not we are going to do anything serious about reducing our dependence on petroleum. Your 3.4 million jobs are like the fireman who sat in the cabooze of a train...a hundred years after the last steam engine.

Is your ego so low..your feeling of self worth so diminished that you need to attack like a dog out of control? You need to break your cycle of lies and fabricated facts all designed to support old ideas that will keep us in the past.
By the way..what did the republican administrations do in the past to upgrade the grid? Nothing..thats the power of "no"..the power of fear...the power of lies..the power of money.

Date: September 05, 2009 11:32PM

You asked a question Vince. I merely answered it. Your lack of education on the subject is profound.

Date: September 05, 2009 11:40PM

http://cei.org/gencon/003,06375.cfm

“Look at the European experience,” said Ebell. “European companies that supported the EU’s Emissions Trading Scheme (ETS) are now calling for an end to the resulting economic damage.”

According to a January 21 article in the Financial Times, the European Roundtable of Industrialists has sent a letter to the European Union Commission warning that the ETS threatens to destroy the competitiveness of European industry.

“The claim that cap and trade will create many ‘green collar’ jobs overlooks the massive job losses caused by draconian energy rationing policies,” said Ebell. “Cap-and-trade would be a great economic stimulus package – for China, India and Mexico.”

April 30, 2009
Report: Cap-and-Trade Legislation Could Result in Huge Job Loss
http://www.workforce.com/section/00/article/26/39/11.php

“This study proves that the pending bill will be a massive weight on an economy that is barely treading water,” said Bruce Josten, executive vice president of government affairs at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. “All consumers and businesses would face steep increases in energy costs, leading to a spike in the cost of goods and services throughout the U.S. economy.”

The study concludes that by 2030, natural gas and electricity costs will increase by more than 50 percent and motor fuels costs by 78 cents a gallon. Taken together, the combined effects of increased energy costs and dollars spent on carbon reductions will force industry to reduce productivity.

Cap and Trade will mean big job losses for Wisconsin
http://www.examiner.com/x-4577-Milwaukee-Unemployment-Examiner~y2009m8d27-Cap-and-Trade-will-mean-big-job-losses-for-Wisconsin

Wisconsin would be hit hard because we are so dependant on coal to generate electricity. Increased cost to generate this power would be passed on to consumers and to businesses. Wisconsin has several industries that are energy intensive including: papermaking, brewing, foundries and heavy manufacturing. NAM predicts thousands of jobs will be lost and utility prices will increase dramatically. Their predictions include the following:

-An increase in electric rates of up to 60% by the year 2030;
-An increase of up to 79% for natural gas by the year 2030;
-An increase of 26% in gasoline prices;
-Loss of disposable income of $881- $1432 per household each year.
- A loss of state economic output of between $6-8 billion to $9.3 billion per year.
-Job loss of between 41,600 and 56,700 lost jobs by 2030.

Etc...

Date: September 05, 2009 11:51PM

http://www.americanissuesproject.org/blogs/columns/archive/2009/06/11/cap-and-trade-economy-killer.aspx

Wait a minute, some of our readers will say. You're just quoting talking points from the right-wing corporate fascists sputter sputter Halliburton Cheney! Actually, while other think tanks have done notable work analyzing the impact of cap-and-trade systems on the American economy, the figures above come from the Brookings Institution, a center-left think tank in Washington, D.C.

However, these numbers tend to corroborate the analyses of other think tanks. Cap-and-trade proponents scorned a report from the George C. Marshall Institute when it was released in March, but the Brookings analysis matches closely to Marshall's:

“Estimated GDP losses vary widely, from a 0.3 percent-0.5 percent to 3 percent drop in GDP below the business-as-usual projections in 2015 and a 1 percent to 10 percent drop in 2050. The timeframes of new technology development and growth in existing clean sources of energy, availability of offsets (domestic, international), and banking of allowances are likely to account for most of these differences in GDP costs estimates.”

The Marshall report, based on independent analyses of the Senate version of cap-and-trade sponsored by Joe Lieberman and Mark Warner, gives a range of results that into which the Brookings conclusions fall, both in the near and long terms. The Marshall report went into detail on the potential for job losses as well. Depending on the exact structure of the cap-and-trade system, net job losses by 2015 would be between 850,000 to 1.8 million lost employment opportunities. By 2030, that range goes up to 3-4 million potential jobs lost, as a net. One of the studies predicts a net job loss of over seven million by 2050, which would certainly account for a 2.5 percent drop in GDP.

The Marshall report went further in its economic predictions. It assesses the cost per household of energy price increases, which producers will pass to their customers, at an escalating rate as caps force producers away from abundant sources of energy, such as coal. Those costs – which Marshall calls a “tax” – start at $1100 per household per year, increasing to a range of $1400-$2000 by 2015, and peaking at $2000-$3000 by 2050.

Brookings Institute
http://www.brookings.edu/~/media/Files/events/2009/0608_climate_change_economy/20090608_cap_trade.pdf

George C Marshall Institute
http://www.marshall.org/pdf/materials/636.pdf

Date: September 05, 2009 11:53PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
> You asked a question Vince. I merely answered it.
> Your lack of education on the subject is profound.

Your answer was filled with more insults then info...as is typical.

Date: September 06, 2009 12:00AM

All these studies...all they do is keep us dependent on oil for the remainder of time. Even our off shore oil wont last forever...we talk about how our deficits are robbing future generations...in a world with limited oil resources...why cant we leave what we have in oil reserves to the future? If RV and is pundits of doom are correct and no other (non-oil based) energy alternatives offer a viable alternative...Id rather burn everyone else's oil before I burn ours.

Date: September 06, 2009 12:04AM

All I am saying is cap and trade is bad. We need to invest in alternative energy NOW. No matter if oil goes lower, or not - we need to get off oil dependency. I am pretty sure the entire country believes in that. So it isn't a matter of doing nothing.

I would rather not burn oil from anyone in the middle east, or any country that is inimical to the US in its values. Why should we fund the economies of countries that wish us, or our allies ill will?

Date: September 06, 2009 11:31AM

Registered Voter Wrote:
> All I am saying is cap and trade is bad. We need
> to invest in alternative energy NOW. No matter if
> oil goes lower, or not - we need to get off oil
> dependency. I am pretty sure the entire country
> believes in that. So it isn't a matter of doing
> nothing.
>
> I would rather not burn oil from anyone in the
> middle east, or any country that is inimical to
> the US in its values. Why should we fund the
> economies of countries that wish us, or our allies
> ill will?

I agree with RV on cap and trade. The CO2 credit market concept is a fucking Tulip Bulb market. There is no intrinsic value to these credits. I don't believe American industry should be sending millions of dollars to strongmen in Africa to "buy" worthless CO2 credits.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Date: September 06, 2009 12:54PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
> All I am saying is cap and trade is bad. We need
> to invest in alternative energy NOW. No matter if
> oil goes lower, or not - we need to get off oil
> dependency. I am pretty sure the entire country
> believes in that. So it isn't a matter of doing
> nothing.
>
> I would rather not burn oil from anyone in the
> middle east, or any country that is inimical to
> the US in its values. Why should we fund the
> economies of countries that wish us, or our allies
> ill will?

But the fact is most of our improted oil comes from your friend and mine..Venezulia..Canada and mexico....and I say drain baby drain....leave my oil in the ground.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2009 12:54PM by Vince(1).

Date: September 06, 2009 12:57PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
> Registered Voter Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > All I am saying is cap and trade is bad. We
> need
> > to invest in alternative energy NOW. No matter
> if
> > oil goes lower, or not - we need to get off oil
> > dependency. I am pretty sure the entire country
> > believes in that. So it isn't a matter of doing
> > nothing.
> >
> > I would rather not burn oil from anyone in the
> > middle east, or any country that is inimical to
> > the US in its values. Why should we fund the
> > economies of countries that wish us, or our
> allies
> > ill will?
>
>
> I agree with RV on cap and trade. The CO2 credit
> market concept is a fucking Tulip Bulb market.
> There is no intrinsic value to these credits. I
> don't believe American industry should be sending
> millions of dollars to strongmen in Africa to
> "buy" worthless CO2 credits.

They wouldnt be worthless...and they wouldnt go offshore unless we fail to develop an alternative fuel industry. And whether we pay someone to not to burn off forests in Brazil..Africa...or China...that may not be part of the solution.

Date: September 06, 2009 01:24PM

And China keeps rolling on...
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/06/world/middleeast/06iraqoil.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

Looks like Iraqis have a new found voice in protesting State control of their lands. I wonder if they will see any form of compensation...

Date: September 06, 2009 03:36PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
> And China keeps rolling on...
> http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/06/world/middleeast
> /06iraqoil.html?partner=rss&emc=rss
>
> Looks like Iraqis have a new found voice in
> protesting State control of their lands. I wonder
> if they will see any form of compensation...

Yeah..it's amazing what a governemnt with a long term view can do...that isnt afraid to try new concepts like capitalism just because that isnt the "chinese" way of doing things. A governemnt that doesnt spend an exorbitent amount of money on their defense. They are only interested in one thing...does it work?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2009 03:41PM by Vince(1).

Date: September 06, 2009 03:59PM

Vince(1) Wrote:
> They are only interested in two things, how can I stay in power,
> and what can I do to quickly suppress my people uprising due to
> unfair living conditions.

There, I fixed it for you.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.