HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Even if Trump wins OH, FL, NC, IA, NV, AZ, GA, MO, and ME CD2, he'll still lose the election!
Posted by: Trumpster Fire! ()
Date: August 22, 2016 11:09AM

Attachments:
272-08_22_2016.PNG

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Even if Trump wins OH, FL, NC, IA, NV, AZ, GA, MO, and ME CD2, he'll still lose the election!
Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: August 22, 2016 11:16AM

Virginia, our state is the back breaker for Republicans. I've always said that. It's why Kaine is VP.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2016 11:16AM by Gerrymanderer2.

Re: Even if Trump wins OH, FL, NC, IA, NV, AZ, GA, MO, and ME CD2, he'll still lose the election!
Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: August 22, 2016 11:33AM

It is still August. Trump's numbers are low but at this point Clinton isn't running away with the popular vote. Although unlikely there is still a possibility that events could happen that would put Virginia, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin and Colorado back in play.

It isn't just about who is president. It is also about who controls the House and Senate and who feels they have a mandate coming out of the election. If Clinton gets over 300 electoral votes, the Dems win the Senate and pick up seats in the House it would become hard for Republicans to argue they have a mandate for anything.

You are also building forward. If Republicans feel that North Carolina, Georgia, Texas and Arizona are safe they can throw more resources into Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Michigan in the next campaign.

Posted by: Realitist ()
Date: August 22, 2016 11:37AM

Bill.N. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Trump's numbers are low but at this point Clinton
> isn't running away with the popular vote.

We don't elect our President on the basis of popular vote, Bill.

> If Clinton gets over 300 electoral votes, the Dems
> win the Senate and pick up seats in the House it
> would become hard for Republicans to argue they
> have a mandate for anything.

And yet argue they would, cantankerous bastards that they are.

Posted by: Doug Ose ()
Date: August 22, 2016 02:40PM

Hopefully Trump can win Puerto Rico. This would be huge.

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: August 22, 2016 03:46PM

Realitist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We don't elect our President on the basis of
> popular vote, Bill.

We don't, but we do select electors on the state level by popular vote. All the talk about how Clinton is trouncing Trump might lead you to believe Clinton is above 50% in many of those states. However look at states that are leaning Clinton and many of the polls show her pulling mid 40s. So if I were Clinton I'd still be making appearances in Philadelphia, Detroit, Norfolk and Milwaukee along with the trips to Atlanta, Miami and Phoenix.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.