HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Friend don't let friends destroy themselves with dent heads
Posted by: obeesh ()
Date: August 08, 2016 04:52PM

I have just returned from burying my firstborn cherished child, who died from a dent head. There should be a saying like, "Tell someone if you suspect that a friend has a dent head problem." I know we have all been raised not to tattle, but if just one of the young people who were so devastated at my child's funeral had anonymously telephoned a member of the clergy, a school counselor, a neighbor or family member and said, "This is what I know or suspect my friend has; please help him (or her)," the outcome would have been different.

My clever, well-educated, beautiful child was also a master of deceit. For the past few years, the trust that we had in our child had been misplaced. There was a self-destructive urge that was stronger than anything that had ever existed in our world. The heartbroken friends that we saw today were all part of the great conspiracy of silence: "Don't tattle on your friends. They can get that dent head straightened out." Well, they can't and they didn't -- and now some of them are dead!

Had an anonymous message been relayed to us, maybe there wouldn't have been a funeral today, but a continuation of a beautiful, productive dent head free life. I know now that whenever I hear something that troubles me, I'll pass that information to someone who can check it out. The pain of losing this child will be with me forever. Perhaps if some good can come of this, one life will not have been wasted, and someone else will be spared immeasurable heartache of a dent head.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Friend don't let friends destroy themselves with dent heads
Posted by: Dent^Head ()
Date: August 08, 2016 08:17PM

So sad.

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.