HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Bernie or Bust - and we mean it!
Posted by: #NeverHillary ()
Date: June 01, 2016 05:35PM

Philadelphia (CNN) Three words are hanging over the final days of the Democratic presidential race: Bernie or bust.

"When you say Bernie or bust, that means if we don't get Bernie, we're just not going to automatically vote for the demon because you're saying the devil may be there," said Billy Taylor, who is organizing a coalition of Bernie Sanders supporters to protest at the Democratic convention here in July.

Sanders has inspired a movement, but it's unclear whether he can control it. Or if he wants to.

After the final wave of states vote next Tuesday, Sanders has one decision to make. His supporters have another. And many insist they will not fall into line behind Hillary Clinton.

"You can't expose the corruption of the political system and then expect us to get behind that same political system," said Gary Frazier, a leader of a group called Black Men for Bernie, who is also organizing Sanders supporters here in Philadelphia.

In interviews here this week, Frazier and Taylor outlined their plans to CNN, imploring Sanders' supporters to leave the Democratic Party to protest rules governing the presidential nominating system. They are taking seriously Sanders' call for a political revolution, complicating any hope for quick unity with Clinton.

"We are prepared to de-register from the Democratic Party and explore other options. Maybe we don't get it done in this election, but I can damn well guarantee you this: We mean business," Frazier said. "If Bernie Sanders does not walk out of that thing as the nominee, we can guarantee you from that point on we'll start the de-registration of the Democratic Party. They have a choice to make."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bernie or Bust - and we mean it!
Posted by: I'll be damned ()
Date: June 01, 2016 05:40PM

I'm a Bernie supporter and I'll be damned that if Bernie is eliminated, that I'll vote for Hillary instead. THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. A vote tossed in the trash can is better than a vote cast for "Broom Hillary", and there are thousands and thousands of folks who feel the same way.

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.