HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Donald the Dove, Hillary the Hawk
Posted by: Maureen Dowd, New York Times ()
Date: May 01, 2016 09:16AM

WASHINGTON — IT seems odd, in this era of gender fluidity, that we are headed toward the most stark X versus Y battle since Billie Jean King and Bobby Riggs.

Donald Trump exudes macho, wearing his trucker hat, retweeting bimbo cracks, swearing with abandon and bragging about the size of his manhood, his crowds, his hands, his poll margins, his bank account, his skyscrapers, his steaks and his “beautiful” wall.

He and his pallies Paul Manafort and Roger Stone seem like a latter-day Rat Pack, having a gas with tomatoes, twirls and ring-a-ding-ding. The beauty pageant impresario’s coarse comments to Howard Stern, rating women on their breasts, fading beauty and ability to take the kids off his hands, reverberate through the campaign.

In Indiana, Trump boasted that “Iron” Mike Tyson and “all the tough guys” had endorsed him. The chair-throwing Bobby Knight backed Trump with the brass-knuckles encomium that Trump, like Harry Truman, would have the guts to drop the bomb. When his rallies become Fight Club, Trump boasts that it adds a little excitement.

Hillary Clinton’s rallies, by contrast, can seem like a sorority rush reception hosted by Lena Dunham, or an endless episode of “The View,” with a girl-power soundtrack by Katy Perry, Taylor Swift and Demi Lovato. The ultimate insider is portraying herself as an outsider because she’s a woman, and the candidate who is considered steely is casting herself as cozy because she’s a doting granny.

Her website is chockablock with empowerment gear, from a hot pink “woman’s card” to a “Make Herstory” T-shirt to a “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun-damental Rights” tote bag to “A Woman’s Place Is in the White House” throw pillow. She says her favorite shows are “The Good Wife,” “Madam Secretary” and “Downton Abbey,” and she did a guest shot on “Broad City.”

Trump’s most ardent supporters, white men, are facing off against Hillary’s most loyal supporters, black women.

Clinton and Trump have moved on to their mano a womano fight, leaving behind “the leftovers,” as Trump labels deflated rivals.

Already, it’s unlovely.

“It’s going to be nasty, isn’t it?” says Obama Pygmalion David Axelrod. “Put the small children away until November.”

A peeved Jane Sanders called on the F.B.I. to hurry up with the Hillary classified email investigation. A desperate Ted Cruz cut a deal with John Kasich, who then put a bag over his head and acted as if he didn’t know Cruz. Then Cruz latched onto Cruella Fiorina, accomplishing the impossible: finding a Potemkin running mate who’s even more odious. We can only hope that Cruz, who croons Broadway show tunes, and Carly, who breaks into song at the lectern, will start doing duets from “Hamilton.”

In one of the most gratifying moments of an unhinged campaign, former Speaker John Boehner told Stanford students that Cruz was “Lucifer in the flesh.” Satanists immediately objected, saying it was unfair to their deity.

Even though Trump is the one who has no governing experience, he will suggest that the first woman at the top of a major party ticket is unqualified by charging that she lacks “strength” and “stamina” and claiming that if she were a man, she would not get even 5 percent of the vote.

During his unburdening at Stanford, Boehner imitated Clinton, saying, “Oh, I’m a woman, vote for me.”

But such mockery merely plays into Clinton’s hands. As former Jeb Bush “super PAC” strategist Mike Murphy told MSNBC, “Her big judo move is playing the victim.” And as former Jeb aide Tim Miller noted to CNN, Trump’s numbers with women are so bad that the only way he can win is if he manages to repeal women’s suffrage before November.

Once you get beyond the surface of the 2016 battle of the sexes, with its chest-thumping versus maternal hugging, there’s a more intriguing gender dynamic.

On some foreign policy issues, the roles are reversed for the candidates and their parties. It’s Hillary the Hawk against Donald the Quasi-Dove.

Just as Barack Obama seemed the more feminized candidate in 2008 because of his talk-it-out management style, his antiwar platform and his delicate eating habits, always watching his figure, so now, in some ways, Trump seems less macho than Hillary.

He has a tender ego, pouty tweets, needy temperament and obsession with hand sanitizer, whereas she is so tough and combat-hardened, she’s known by her staff as “the Warrior.”

The prime example of commander-in-chief judgment Trump offers is the fact that, like Obama, he thought the invasion of Iraq was a stupid idea.

He can sound belligerent, of course, saying that he would bomb the expletive-deleted out of ISIS and that he would think up new and imaginative ways to torture terrorists and kill their families.

But he says that in most cases he would rather do the art of the deal than shock and awe.

“Unlike other candidates for the presidency, war and aggression will not be my first instinct,” he said in his maiden foreign policy speech in Washington last week, adding, “A superpower understands that caution and restraint are really truly signs of strength.”

These Kumbaya lines had the neocons leaping into Hillary’s muscular embrace.

If the neocons get neophyte Republicans on the presidential ticket, they prefer ones like Dan Quayle, W. and Sarah Palin, who are “educable,” as Bill Kristol, the editor of The Weekly Standard, once said of Quayle.

Trump may have a lot to learn about the issues, but he’s not malleable.

In his new book, “Alter Egos,” Times White House correspondent Mark Landler makes the case that the former Goldwater Girl, the daughter of a Navy petty officer and a staunch Republican, has long had hawkish tendencies, reflected in her support for military action in Iraq and Libya and a no-fly zone in Syria.

“It’s bred in the bone,” Landler told me.

“There’s no doubt that Hillary Clinton’s more muscular brand of American foreign policy is better matched to 2016 than it was to 2008,” Jake Sullivan, Hillary’s policy adviser both at the State Department and in her campaign, told Landler.

But Hillary never expected to meet this mix of dove, hawk and isolationist. She thought she would face Marco Rubio, a more traditional conservative who would out-hawk her. Instead, she’s meeting Trump, who is “a sheep in wolf’s clothing,” as Axelrod put it. Like a free-swinging asymmetric boxer, Trump can keep Hillary off balance by punching from both the left and the right.

You can actually envision a foreign policy debate between Trump and Clinton that sounds oddly like the one Obama and Clinton had in 2008, with Trump playing Obama, preening about his good judgment on Iraq, wanting an end to nation-building and thinking he could have a reset with Russia.

Despite gossip when she was first lady that she did not like people in uniform, the truth is the reverse: She gravitates toward “nail-eaters,” her aides told Landler, and loves the gruff, Irish, bearlike demeanor of Jack Keane, a retired four-star general and the resident hawk on Fox News who helped define her views on military issues and is still in touch.

As secretary of state, she hit it off with Gen. Stanley McChrystal and David Petraeus. And she loved to have a stiff drink with Bob Gates and John McCain.

She has a weakness for big, swaggering, rascally he-men.

Like Donald Trump.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Donald the Dove, Hillary the Hawk
Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: May 01, 2016 09:23AM

Donald the dumb ass. I like hawks. I see hawks as one of the most majestic animals if not the most majestic animal.

Posted by: Gerry Manilow ()
Date: May 01, 2016 09:27AM

Did you like Hillary the Hawk when she sent our men and women into death and harm in Iraq, Gerry Manilow?

Posted by: Can't stump the Trump! ()
Date: May 01, 2016 09:27AM

Attachments:
62B36EE6-169A-435E-90B8-9BC1B79402FD_zpsnrnnzado.gif

Posted by: Crooked Hillary/Coughing Neocon ()
Date: May 01, 2016 09:29AM

A vote for Hillary is a vote for war. Look at her record.

file.php?40,file=231386,filename=chuckthfile.php?40,file=231386,filename=chuckthfile.php?40,file=231386,filename=chuckth

Date: May 01, 2016 09:31AM

Gerry Manilow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did you like Hillary the Hawk when she sent our
> men and women into death and harm in Iraq, Gerry
> Manilow?

That was you filthy disgusting republican whore fascist criminal rat bastard piece of smelly disgusting dog shit pieces of shit.

Posted by: Truth! ()
Date: May 01, 2016 09:33AM

Democrats are war mongers.
Attachments:
Democrats-who-voted-for-Iraq-war.jpg

Date: May 01, 2016 09:36AM

Oh so now the Democrats waged the Iraq War? It was you corrupt Republican whores. You know the guy that introduced Donald Trump for his recent foreign policy speech? Zalmay Khalizad and his neo con buddies and your Republican president that's who. That's who did it.

Date: May 01, 2016 09:36AM

Republicans, nothing but failure and pathetic attempts at revisionism.

Posted by: Dems love war ()
Date: May 01, 2016 09:38AM

Attachments:
vote-democrat-for-kinder-gentler-imperialism.jpg
who-are-the-real-warmongers-democrat-record-sending-war-demo-politics-1346340540.jpg

Posted by: G2 you stupid fucktard ()
Date: May 01, 2016 09:38AM

Why are Karl Rove and Dick Cheney supporting Hillary then?

Fucking assclown!

Date: May 01, 2016 09:43AM

You filthy rat bastards were on the wrong side of history is what you're saying? And you got it figured out this time? Are you throwing your previous president under the bus? What exactly are we discussing? That you are cocksucking scumbags? If that's your point I agree 100 percent.

Posted by: Dems love war ()
Date: May 01, 2016 09:45AM

Date: May 01, 2016 09:49AM

Can't wait til you lying sacks of shit lose. God I can't wait.

Date: May 01, 2016 09:50AM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> Can't wait til you lying sacks of shit lose. God
> I can't wait.

Who is lying, Gerry Manilow?

Gerry Manilow, we have presented you with facts.

Posted by: G2 can't vote ()
Date: May 01, 2016 09:51AM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> Can't wait til you lying sacks of shit lose. God
> I can't wait.

We're called Americans and facts don't lie

President golf cart does.

Oh, and you won't be voting and will be deported.

Posted by: G2 is a citizen ()
Date: May 01, 2016 09:57AM

G2 can't vote Wrote:
> Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Can't wait til you lying sacks of shit lose.
> God
> > I can't wait.
>
>
> We're called Americans and facts don't lie
>
>
> President golf cart does.
>
> Oh, and you won't be voting and will be deported.

Gerry isn't Indian or Arab, he is a fat American loser who was outed years ago here. Some of the long term posters here know who he is but aren't going to out him again out of pity.

Date: May 01, 2016 09:58AM

Its great, you got a black guy with a Muslim name twice and now a woman that you hate more than anyone else. Hillary Clinton. Love it. Couldn't have turned out better.

Posted by: Gerry Manilow the Cuck ()
Date: May 01, 2016 10:00AM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> Its great, you got a black guy with a Muslim name
> twice and now a woman that you hate more than
> anyone else. Hillary Clinton. Love it. Couldn't
> have turned out better.

Don't change the subject faggot.

Posted by: Who cares? ()
Date: May 01, 2016 10:01AM

Attachments:
1017357_623963107656417_196683324_n.jpg

Posted by: neo-con hill ()
Date: May 01, 2016 10:48AM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> You filthy rat bastards were on the wrong side of
> history is what you're saying? And you got it
> figured out this time? Are you throwing your
> previous president under the bus? What exactly
> are we discussing? That you are cocksucking
> scumbags? If that's your point I agree 100
> percent.

I would ask you the same question. are you now turning your back on obama and siding with the warhawk hillary who led the senate democrats to vote for war? so you admit obama was dead wrong for opposing the iraq war and hillary was right all along?

Posted by: Donald J. Trump for President ()
Date: May 01, 2016 11:06AM

Attachments:
america trusts trump.jpg

Date: May 01, 2016 04:04PM

neo-con hill Wrote:
> Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> -----
> > You filthy rat bastards were on the wrong side
> of
> > history is what you're saying? And you got it
> > figured out this time? Are you throwing your
> > previous president under the bus? What exactly
> > are we discussing? That you are cocksucking
> > scumbags? If that's your point I agree 100
> > percent.
>
>
> I would ask you the same question. are you now
> turning your back on obama and siding with the
> warhawk hillary who led the senate democrats to
> vote for war? so you admit obama was dead wrong
> for opposing the iraq war and hillary was right
> all along?

Hillary isn't a hawk. She's a beautiful little dove. You bastards are the ones that want war. You're not fooling anyone. Donald Trump wants to reintroduce torture and war according to his statements. These are his positions. He wants to take us back to the Bush Administration.

Posted by: retardTED faggot gerry ()
Date: May 01, 2016 04:08PM

everyone knows better than u.

Date: May 01, 2016 04:10PM

retardTED faggot gerry Wrote:
> everyone knows better than u.

No one knows better than me. I am quite literally always right.

Date: May 01, 2016 04:11PM

Let me give you an example. I was the first person to know that Ted Cruz was a liar.

Posted by: Hillary the Neocon ()
Date: May 01, 2016 04:12PM

Posted by: Cankle Grandma ()
Date: May 01, 2016 04:29PM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> neo-con hill Wrote:
> -----
> > Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > You filthy rat bastards were on the wrong
> side
> > of
> > > history is what you're saying? And you got
> it
> > > figured out this time? Are you throwing your
> > > previous president under the bus? What
> exactly
> > > are we discussing? That you are cocksucking
> > > scumbags? If that's your point I agree 100
> > > percent.
> >
> >
> > I would ask you the same question. are you now
> > turning your back on obama and siding with the
> > warhawk hillary who led the senate democrats to
> > vote for war? so you admit obama was dead
> wrong
> > for opposing the iraq war and hillary was right
> > all along?
>
>
> Hillary isn't a hawk. She's a beautiful little
> dove. You bastards are the ones that want war.
> You're not fooling anyone. Donald Trump wants to
> reintroduce torture and war according to his
> statements. These are his positions. He wants to
> take us back to the Bush Administration.

So you're saying that filthy corporate whore was on the wrong side of history in 2002? is that what you're saying? And she got it figured out this time? Is that why ISIS controls sections of Lybia? I guess it's just because a horrible unislamic video. If we could get rid of hurtful videos everything would be fine!

Posted by: Cankle Grandma ()
Date: May 01, 2016 04:31PM

Posted by: WTFWTFWTFWTFWTF ()
Date: May 01, 2016 05:50PM

The left needs to continue to tell minority groups they're victims, so they can maintain control over them and keep their vote. They're getting desperate.

Date: May 01, 2016 06:27PM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> neo-con hill Wrote:
> -----
> > Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > You filthy rat bastards were on the wrong
> side
> > of
> > > history is what you're saying? And you got
> it
> > > figured out this time? Are you throwing your
> > > previous president under the bus? What
> exactly
> > > are we discussing? That you are cocksucking
> > > scumbags? If that's your point I agree 100
> > > percent.
> >
> >
> > I would ask you the same question. are you now
> > turning your back on obama and siding with the
> > warhawk hillary who led the senate democrats to
> > vote for war? so you admit obama was dead
> wrong
> > for opposing the iraq war and hillary was right
> > all along?
>
>
> Hillary isn't a hawk. She's a beautiful little
> dove. You bastards are the ones that want war.
> You're not fooling anyone. Donald Trump wants to
> reintroduce torture and war according to his
> statements. These are his positions. He wants to
> take us back to the Bush Administration.

We can only hope to go back to the Bush administration where other countries respected us and didn't think we were a bunch of pussys like they do now thanks to Barry.

Date: May 01, 2016 06:49PM

lol, this Trumptard above went from calling Hillary the Neo Con in the race to saying he wants to go back to the Bush Administration.

Goes to show how spineless and two faced these lying sack of rightard shits are.

Posted by: Shut up Mark ()
Date: May 01, 2016 06:51PM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> lol, this Trumptard above went from calling
> Hillary the Neo Con in the race to saying he wants
> to go back to the Bush Administration.
>
> Goes to show how spineless and two faced these
> lying sack of rightard shits are.
Attachments:
1017357_623963107656417_196683324_n.jpg

Date: May 01, 2016 09:52PM

Is that a picture of Gerry Manilow? Who is the real Gerry Manilow?

Will the real Gerry Manilow, please step forward?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.