HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
sadness about outsourcing
Posted by: truth hurts ()
Date: April 25, 2016 09:25AM

Carrier
Nabisco
United Technologies
Dematic
Cardone

This is a list of once American companies that have decided to move their operations to Mexico, just this year alone! I'm sure there's more, though.

5% unemployment here in America, you say?
Before NAFTA, the United States had a small trade surplus with Mexico. That disappeared within a year, and now the annual trade deficit is approximately $50 billion.
Still think the TPP is a good idea?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: sadness about outsourcing
Posted by: DUeyt ()
Date: April 25, 2016 08:01PM

We need to raise the business tax on the remaining companies to make up the difference!

Posted by: FdMew ()
Date: April 25, 2016 09:17PM

yes but they had to set up the Private Owner of Carrier with a suspicously illegally parked vehicle and jail him to get control of that

(note he had to claim a daugher or woman as relative to transfer his funds to, because if he didn't, the gov workers of florida were going to try to steal and outsource all of made in USA Carrier to china)

Posted by: FMD7P ()
Date: April 25, 2016 09:18PM

you can say it was his fault.

i'll keep saying he was set up, just as his lawyers claimed

Posted by: cePeT ()
Date: April 25, 2016 09:18PM

dont forget TWINKIE

and JEEP

Posted by: JWkxk ()
Date: April 25, 2016 09:19PM

Microsoft Tech Support

Microsoft cell phones

the list is endless

Posted by: bumpsky clusterfuck ()
Date: May 02, 2016 09:10AM

Bump
Hill-tard administration to give mass amnesty in the first 100 days
She has been more specific about an overhaul of the immigration system at the outset of a Clinton presidency, promising to advance comprehensive reform that offers a path to full citizenship for illegal immigrants within her first 100 days.

“If Congress won’t act, I’ll defend President Obama’s executive actions and I’ll go even further to keep families together,” Clinton promised in January. “I’ll end family detention, close private immigrant detention centers and help more eligible people become naturalized
source: Washington Post
So why are they sneaking in here again, when major companies are relocating their operations to there?

Posted by: NippleChuck ()
Date: May 02, 2016 09:33AM

OF all the companies listed what is the one common denominator? Union workers you say? Throw in the corporate tax laws in this country and why wouldn't manufacturers move elsewhere? They want to keep profits up but find it increasingly hard to do so in the US. Business owners lobbied the government lackeys into submission lined the politicians pockets and shoved NAFTA up the work forces ass. The Unions won't compromise so the workers end up losing their jobs to someone who will do it cheaper. Blame who you want but money is at the root of it all. If Americans want their manufacturing jobs back they are going to have to become competitive with the people that will do it for less.

Case in point: I recently bought several fishing reels by two different US manufactures Lews and Ardent. They are complete junk. Trash. They didn't last a full fishing season. Yet my Okumas are still going strong, Chinese made. The US made reels are expensive but in an effort to support American workers I spent the extra money. The Okumas are cheap and when the are worn out you just throw them away and get a new one. Why is this so hard to understand? Are union workers stupid? Hey fuck tard unions if you want me to buy American then produce something that is competitively priced and will last. IF you all can't do that then go fuck yourselves and stop whining for Christ sake. Fucking Union pansies.

Nip

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: May 02, 2016 11:50AM

DUeyt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We need to raise the business tax on the remaining
> companies to make up the difference!

Companies are not outsourcing manufacturing jobs because of tax rates. They are outsourcing them due to higher costs of labor in the U.S. In times past relatively higher transportation costs and tarriff rates would offset much of this, but since NAFTA things have changed.

Posted by: don't forget Ocwen ()
Date: May 02, 2016 03:02PM

Many of Ocwen's Indian call center employees don't even know how to say the company's name. They say "Oswen" and get upset if you correct them.

The real problems, of course, are the greed (now wrecked due to fall in share prices) of founder, William C. Erbey and the idiocy of CEO, Ron Faris.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.