HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
what do you make out of this at a Jewish cemetary? a prayer to Allah stained glass
Posted by: Sigmund ()
Date: March 09, 2016 08:04AM

I know several Jewish cemeteries that have these massive family vaults. Looked in one and the stained glass window caught my eye - it is a Prayer To Allah. What's the deal with that? Can anyone Jewish explain? I'm used to seeing old Hebrew prayers and lots of symbols, but never this Prayer. Blocked out the family name for privacy and respect for the deceased. Serious answers please!
Attachments:
clone 334.jpg
clone 338.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what do you make out of this at a Jewish cemetary? a prayer to Allah stained glass
Posted by: Caulky White ()
Date: March 09, 2016 10:03AM

It doesn't really matter what I think about the cemetery. But if you're wondering why the Allah prayer is included, I can offer this.

While I'm no expert, I do know that, before the creation of Israel, Jews lived in many middle eastern countries. There is a hybrid form of Judeo-Muslim religion that many Jews still follow. Areas like Kurdistan, for instance, have Jews, Muslims, and many varieties of Arabs and religions. That area today is a pocket of liberalism in the Arab world that is now a primary target of ISIS. Anyway, as time went on, Jews were persecuted and exiled from most Arab countries. They began to flee to Israel, and America. It is here in the US that they have had the most success integrating and prospering in a country/society outside of the Holy Land. The grave is likely that of a family that practiced this hybrid Jewish/Islamic religion.

Re: what do you make out of this at a Jewish cemetary? a prayer to Allah stained glass
Posted by: Sigmund ()
Date: March 09, 2016 07:27PM

Caulky White, thanks so much for your well worded opinion. Much appreciated!

Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: March 09, 2016 07:43PM

Allah means God in Arabic. It's not rocket science. It's like the English word God being used in Arabic writing. People adopt the word for God in whatever language they become accustomed to.

Posted by: Scooby Dooby Doo ()
Date: March 09, 2016 08:48PM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Allah means God in Arabic. It's not rocket
> science. It's like the English word God being
> used in Arabic writing. People adopt the word for
> God in whatever language they become accustomed
> to.

Interestingly, Gerrymanderer2 means stupid faggot in Arabic.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.