HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Palin Resigns - GOP Implosion Continues
Date: July 04, 2009 08:52AM

Mark off another 2012 contender. Even Alaskans are pissed off at Palin's bizarre, quitter attitude....

http://www.adn.com/palin/story/852787.html

"Maybe there is a personal reason of some sort," Roy (a GOP consultant)said. "But barring that, if it's a political move geared at 2012, it's one of the most politically tone-deaf moves in years. Two and a half years as governor doesn't mean you shouldn't be president; look at Barack Obama. But it doesn't set you up for anything, either."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Palin Resigns - GOP Implosion Continues
Date: July 04, 2009 09:30AM

What Republicans are saying...

"You need to be in the Lower 48 to be credible politically," a senior adviser to several Republican Presidents noted.

But quitting mid-term with a rambling rant is not the way to get there.

"She proved she couldn't play in the big leagues last fall and now she's proven it again," one of the party's most prominent kingmakers said. "If you can't even handle a governorship, there's no way you can handle the White House.

"She couldn't win - but now she can't even run," added the official, who once was among her most fervent boosters.

"She has an incredibly thin résumé, a serious lack of gravitas, no coherent philosophy and the people around her are amateurs," another top Republican pol argued. "She's finished."

Posted by: Judge Crater ()
Date: July 04, 2009 09:42AM

She is just quitting so she can become a buzz babe full time.

Date: July 04, 2009 09:49AM

Judge Crater Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> She is just quitting so she can become a buzz babe
> full time.

She would be a huge improvement over the toothless hogs they have now.

Posted by: BlueFish ()
Date: July 04, 2009 09:58AM

Sarah Palin will hit the lecture circuit and make a bundle to pay off
her campaign debt. As the Palin's are relatively poor compared to most
politicians, I'm sure she will be devoting a lot of time to feathering
their nest. She will also have a book ghost written and travel
all over the country to attend fund raisers and other events. I have
no idea what she ultimately has up her sleeve but I certainly wouldnt
rule out a post at the RNC. Coupled With Colin Powell's criticism of
Obama's policies yesterday I'd say she just moved up a notch in the
scramble to determine the next "pecking order" in the Republican party.
Too bad the press will be eaten up with N. Korea and Michael Jackson
over the next few days and bump her off the front page while the story
is hot. Anybody who think Sarah is toast is dreaming. Watch for her
on Oprah. Even if she winds up on Jerry Springer, she'll be laughting
all the way to the bank. JMHO.

Date: July 04, 2009 10:04AM

Sarah Palin is an erratic quitter. Her stated reason for quitting isn't to run for President. It's because of all of the criticism. Basically, being governor of Alaska is "too hard."

THAT is not a formula for being President. Sarah Palin is now in the political wilderness. I hope she runs in 2012 because when she fails to get the nomination, she will insure that about 20% of the Party won't support the nominee, giving Obama four more years, even if Obama doesn't do that great in his first term.

Posted by: Eyeballs ()
Date: July 04, 2009 10:28AM

Of all the female politicians, she has the hottest ass of them all. Did you see her in those jeans on Fox yesterday? She was walking onto the stage and the cameras gave us a great rear view. Wow!

Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: July 04, 2009 11:11AM

After Sanford and Ensign, are the Republicans cutting their loses if another sex scandle bubbles up involving the Palins?

Posted by: Eastsider ()
Date: July 04, 2009 11:12AM

She's not trying to win the presidency, but she's going to continue to act coy and feign interest in the position so that she stays relevant. All the while, she'll be picking spots to cash in.

She has to act now while the last election is relatively fresh. Another year as governor of Alaska would leave her in relative obscurity. And she isn't even going to get a sniff of the nomination in 2012 (and she knows it) unless the economic and national security issues are completely fixed (fat chance).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2009 11:13AM by Eastsider.

Posted by: curious ()
Date: July 04, 2009 12:20PM

Posted by: curious ()
Date: July 04, 2009 12:25PM

"Many political observers in Alaska are fixated on rumors that federal investigators have been seizing paperwork from SBS in recent months, searching for evidence that Palin and her husband Todd steered lucrative contracts to the well-connected company in exchange for gifts like the construction of their home on pristine Lake Lucille in 2002. The home was built just two months before Palin began campaigning for governor, a job which would have provided her enhanced power to grant building contracts in the wide open state."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-07-03/did-a-scandal-sink-the-uss-palin/?cid=hp:mainpromo2

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: July 04, 2009 01:47PM

The GOP is in total shambles. Ronald Reagan is turning over in his grave at this fiasco.

Posted by: Melissa ()
Date: July 04, 2009 02:49PM

I like Sarah Palin. Good for her.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Being vague is almost as fun as that other thing.

Posted by: Judge Crater ()
Date: July 04, 2009 03:29PM

Melissa Wrote:
> I like Sarah Palin. Good for her.

http://www.pullinforpalin.com/

after visiting this site Im "pulling on mine" for Palin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2009 03:30PM by Judge Crater.

Posted by: Hillary ()
Date: July 04, 2009 05:21PM

Judge Crater Wrote:
> Melissa Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I like Sarah Palin. Good for her.
>
>
> http://www.pullinforpalin.com/
>
>
> after visiting this site Im "pulling on mine" for
> Palin.

Excellent website! Thanks for posting. I'll be sure and order my
campaign buttons early!

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: July 05, 2009 12:54AM

ok... so you dont like her to start with and then you criticize her for leaving? it's that like debating a point with someone and then chiding them for for getting upset and leaving after you slander them? seriously, could you people be bigger whiners?

you guys are like barking dogs, you bark for the sake of barking.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Scripter75 ()
Date: July 05, 2009 01:06AM

Just ignore Gravis. He is having a bipolar moment. Usually happens around this time of night. I think the medication wears off around this time. :-(

Tomorrow he will be as good as new! :-)

Date: July 05, 2009 01:12AM

Scripter75 Wrote:
> Just ignore Gravis. He is having a bipolar moment.

logical fallacy rly?

Argumentum ad hominem (argument directed at the person).
This is the error of attacking the character or motives of a person who has stated an idea, rather than the idea itself. The most obvious example of this fallacy is when one debater maligns the character of another debater (e.g, "The members of the opposition are a couple of fascists!"), but this is actually not that common. A more typical manifestation of argumentum ad hominem is attacking a source of information -- for example, responding to a quotation from Richard Nixon on the subject of free trade with China by saying, "We all know Nixon was a liar and a cheat, so why should we believe anything he says?" Argumentum ad hominem also occurs when someone's arguments are discounted merely because they stand to benefit from the policy they advocate -- such as Bill Gates arguing against antitrust, rich people arguing for lower taxes, white people arguing against affirmative action, minorities arguing for affirmative action, etc. In all of these cases, the relevant question is not who makes the argument, but whether the argument is valid.

file.php?40,file=693
"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Scripter75 ()
Date: July 05, 2009 01:28AM

Gravis said:

ok... so you dont like her to start with and then you criticize her for leaving? it's that like debating a point with someone and then chiding them for for getting upset and leaving after you slander them? seriously, could you people be bigger whiners? !Personal Attack!

you guys are like barking dogs, you bark for the sake of barking. !Personal attack!

This is a classic case of "Argumentum ad hominem" (argument directed at the person).

PWNED (skipped the stupid 4chan picture)

Posted by: rapture ()
Date: July 05, 2009 05:19AM

10:1 she's becoming a talk radio or another dumbass rightard pundit. If Liddy can do it, she'll have no problems. Gotta love America.

Date: July 05, 2009 07:23PM

Scripter75 Wrote:
> Gravis said:
>
> ok... so you dont like her to start with and then
> you criticize her for leaving? it's that like
> debating a point with someone and then chiding
> them for for getting upset and leaving after you
> slander them?
seriously, could you people be
> bigger whiners? !Personal Attack!
>
> you guys are like barking dogs, you bark for the
> sake of barking. !Personal attack!
>
>
> This is a classic case of "Argumentum ad hominem"
> (argument directed at the person).

i addressed the issue, you did not.

file.php?40,file=6039

Posted by: Policia de Dan ()
Date: July 05, 2009 07:39PM

Yes Gravis, it looks like you addressed the issue; very good. However, your criticism of fellow members was not constructive. Calling someone a "big whiner" and "barking dog" can be seen as a personal attack, which goes against current administrative policies.
Also, you continue to hotlink your images from a server called "adaptivetime.com." May I remind you that this is what caused the administrator to state yesterday that IP leakage will no longer be tolerated. Thank you.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: July 05, 2009 07:43PM

rapture Wrote:
>> 10:1 she's becoming a talk radio or another dumbass rightard pundit.

8:1- Reality TV show

Date: July 05, 2009 07:44PM

Policia de Dan Wrote:
> Yes Gravis, it looks like you addressed the issue;
> very good. However, your criticism of fellow
> members was not constructive. Calling someone a
> "big whiner" and "barking dog" can be seen as a
> personal attack, which goes against current
> administrative policies.
> Also, you continue to hotlink your images from a
> server called "adaptivetime.com." May I remind you
> that this is what caused the administrator to
> state yesterday that IP leakage will no longer be
> tolerated. Thank you.

file.php?40,file=3693

Posted by: Changeling ()
Date: July 05, 2009 08:01PM

the past couple days have been worthless. i won't notice if they didn't happen. though in the midst of those days, rachel broke up with her boyfriend and is having probs with her meds. it's making me sad to see her a bit out of control of herself. i saw laura and brian today at work. i was excited to see them both though they too are having a few probs that are being resolved. so they are gettin better. only thing worth mentioning was i saw "requiem for a dream" tonight. the ending was so sad and upsetting. my insides were breaking down. i almost was gong to cut but decided against it. feeling a bit crappy but i understand it is only because of the movie. im not sure if these meds are really working, but i sure as hell hope they are...... oh just remembered about the masquerade ball this friday. i dont think im going duue to lack of a mask and lack of knowing how to get thier/a ride. kinda bummed about that but that is the cappy life i live. calculus in 11 hours will be fun... :/

GO CRY EMO KID! (skip the ironic emo kitten)

Posted by: Alias ()
Date: July 05, 2009 08:38PM

]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2012 02:38PM by Alias.

Posted by: fairfaxdude ()
Date: July 06, 2009 10:24AM

Actually, if she were a Democrat, she'd be just as vapid and worthless as if she were a Republican. Or an Independant. Or a beauty queen.

And if she were black as well, Rush Limbaugh would stroke out his carotid calling her a "reverse racist".

Next audible, you cute lil point guard you?

Date: July 06, 2009 10:31AM

This has nothing to do with Palin being a woman and everything to do with her being a ridiculous candidate for VP or POTUS from the start! Was Dan Quayle mocked for being a white male wasp from an affluent family? No! He was mocked for being a fucking joke as a VP and POTUS candidate....

dqpotatokidspelling.jpg

Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: July 06, 2009 03:35PM

BREAKING NEWS: PALIN KIDS ANNOUNCE PLANS TO RESIGN FROM ALASKA GOVERNORS' FAMILY IN ORDER TO SPEND MORE TIME WITH NEW GOVERNOR -- WASILLA, Alaska — In a stunning weekend announcement, the children of Sarah and Todd Palin stated they unanimously plan to resign from the Governor's family in the coming weeks to accept positions in the new administration. The Palin children — Bristol, Snap, Crackle, Pop and Trig -- said that the “media circus” surrounding their mother's increasingly bizarre decision making process has made it “impossible for us to focus on the job to which Alaskans indirectly elected us.” The Palin children concluded by pledging that through their forthcoming adoption by Lt. Governor Parnell, they would all work diligently and faithfully to "restore honor and dignity to the First Family of Alaska.” -

Posted by: Yoohoo ()
Date: July 06, 2009 06:01PM

Thank God for the intelligent creature some call Biden......
Attachments:
joe-biden.jpg

Posted by: biden's daughter snorts ()
Date: July 07, 2009 05:19AM

Palin doesn't want her daughters to end up like Biden's daughter, doing blow while on video. A well hidden story thanks to the liberal media. If Palin's daughters were rumored to snort cocaine, it would be pasted all over the media, true or not.
Attachments:
bid.jpg

Date: July 07, 2009 08:14AM

Haha, funny quote from Palin yesterday:

"I'm not a quitter. I am a fighter."

I mean really.

Date: July 07, 2009 08:26AM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> Haha, funny quote from Palin yesterday:
>
> "I'm not a quitter. I am a fighter."

Even funnier is when a member of the "mainstream media" points out the inherent fallacy of the statement, he/she will be discounted as a "attack dog from the left".

Palin is good political comic theatre, though. I hope for all our sake that she runs for some national office. I'd love to see her and Michelle Bachman co-host a new FOX show: "Out Here in REAL America".

Posted by: TheMeepster ()
Date: July 07, 2009 08:29AM

Don't forget about Biden's son and brother being involved with a ponzi scheme. Biden's son using his dad to leverage his influence for a hedge fund that goes broke.

Date: July 07, 2009 08:44AM

fairfaxdude Wrote:
>
>> Palin is good political comic theatre,

One of the oddest national political figures I can ever remember. There is seriously nothing normal about this woman at all. The painfully embarrassing interviews, the weird shit going on with her daughter, having to give back all her clothing, getting blown off and badmouthed by the McCain campaign, that ridiculous interview with the turkey getting slaughtered, a sudden, ambiguous resignation...

Everything about this woman is ABSURD.

Date: July 07, 2009 09:05AM

The latest from Palin...

"I am not a quitter. I am a fighter," Palin told CNN on Monday while on a family fishing trip, on the heels of her Friday bombshell announcement that she was resigning as Alaska's governor.

When you have to come out and say you aren't a quitter, that's not a good place to be politically.

Posted by: Watch Out for Conservatism ()
Date: July 07, 2009 09:11AM

TheMeeper Wrote:

> Everything about this woman is ABSURD.

One can say that about Obama and Biden with just as much to back it up. Biden is beyond ABSURD. Look at his family...druggy daughter, crooked son and brother. Obama has destroyed our economy and his policies are ABSURD. His associates, his marxist agenda, all ABSURD.

You libs are so obsessed with Palin because she has power that is threatening. If she wasn't a threat, the liberal media and it minions (most of the posts here) would ignore her rather than trying to destroy her. She's a threat to the liberals and they see her power. She made the last election much closer than McCain and drew more voters tan expected. The libs and their puppet media have done all they can to destroy her because they are afraid.

You libs are so transparent, it's ABSURD.

Date: July 07, 2009 09:19AM

>> she has power that is threatening

LOL. As if the powers-that-be over at the DNC aren't laughing up a storm over this debacle. Oh please.

All she really needs to say is "Look, I have five kids, one with a handicap, and another who is caring for her own child. I need to be a full time mother, and that's impossible when your life is turned upside down by national politics. I just want to raise my family".

That's all she needs to say, and most people would respect that. I know I would.

But instead we get a litany of rambling nonsense that makes her look like an idiot.

Date: July 07, 2009 09:29AM

What she should have said is this..."Few people have been given the opportunity I have to be a conservative voice on the national stage. I don't like what's going on in Washington these days. I haven't decide on what I am doing in 2012, but for the time being, I think I can be a better advocate for conservative principles by going around the country and speaking 'truth to power' than if I stay in Alaska and deal with these political distractions that have been created by the Democratic Machine in Washington."

She probably would have received similar advice if she had spoken to an adviser who wasn't an idiot from Juneau.

Posted by: Politico ()
Date: July 07, 2009 09:37AM

WashingTone Locian Wrote:
> What she should have said is this..."Few people
> have been given the opportunity I have to be a
> conservative voice on the national stage. I don't
> like what's going on in Washington these days. I
> haven't decide on what I am doing in 2012, but for
> the time being, I think I can be a better advocate
> for conservative principles by going around the
> country and speaking 'truth to power' than if I
> stay in Alaska and deal with these political
> distractions that have been created by the
> Democratic Machine in Washington."
>
> She probably would have received similar advice if
> she had spoken to an adviser who wasn't an idiot
> from Juneau.

You now have a new calling...political adviser. Why waste your time on this worthless blog site. You have a much brighter future as a political adviser and speechwriter (plagiarist).

Posted by: gafster ()
Date: July 07, 2009 09:39AM

TheMeeper Wrote:

>
> But instead we get a litany of rambling nonsense
> that makes her look like an idiot.

You still haven't addressed the idiocy of Biden. Ignore, ignore. Please, Joe, don't say anything. Druggy daughter. Crook brother and son.

Date: July 07, 2009 09:47AM

gafster Wrote:
------------------------------------------------------
>
> You still haven't addressed the idiocy of Biden. Ignore, ignore. Please, Joe, don't say anything. Druggy daughter. Crook brother and son.

The only people addressing that stuff are the kooky right-wing foghorns on AM radio and the semi-fascist numbskulls who listen to them.

And for the record, this thread's about Palin anyway.

Date: July 07, 2009 09:55AM

Politico Wrote:

> >
> > She probably would have received similar advice
> if
> > she had spoken to an adviser who wasn't an
> idiot
> > from Juneau.
>
> You now have a new calling...political adviser.
> Why waste your time on this worthless blog site.
> You have a much brighter future as a political
> adviser and speechwriter (plagiarist).

Who said it's a "new calling."

Posted by: Nyuk Nyuk ()
Date: July 07, 2009 09:58AM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> gafster Wrote:
> ----
> >
> > You still haven't addressed the idiocy of Biden.
> Ignore, ignore. Please, Joe, don't say anything.
> Druggy daughter. Crook brother and son.
>
>
> The only people addressing that stuff are the
> kooky right-wing foghorns on AM radio and the
> semi-fascist numbskulls who listen to them.
>

YOU STILL IGNORED IT, LIBERAL OBOMUNIST! You are listening to the left-wing media too much. Read the NYTimes and WaPo too much?

> And for the record, this thread's about Palin
> anyway.
OK, sorry, I apologize for not following the proper protocol of staying on topic about Palin only. I forgot to ask you Liberals if it was OK to post a contrasting point of view that you can totally ignore in your thread. Sorry for taking this thread off track, for the record. I forgot about the strict protocol here at this super informative blog site.

Date: July 07, 2009 10:00AM

"blog site", nyuk, nyuk, nyuk

Date: July 07, 2009 10:01AM

gafster Wrote:

>
> You still haven't addressed the idiocy of Biden.
> Ignore, ignore. Please, Joe, don't say anything.
> Druggy daughter. Crook brother and son.

What you are essentially saying is, "Yes, Palin may be Terry Schiavo."

schiavo_terri050318.jpg

"But at least she's not Geri Jewell (aka Biden)."

geriblair.gif

It's not a very convincing argument.

Posted by: Lopter ()
Date: July 07, 2009 12:08PM

Palin is such and idiot. Only Palin would resign as Gov for no real reason.

Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: July 07, 2009 01:35PM

After reading all of this I have to say the obvious answer for conservatives is...

Legalize all drugs, and then let natural selection do the rest.

And at this point, if Palin were to run for President in 2012, I would never vote for her. She is a total idiot, and anyone in the conservative establishment that thinks she has a chance needs to have their heads examined.

Posted by: Oh Know ()
Date: July 07, 2009 02:21PM

Party free with the Dems.....
Attachments:
ashley-biden.jpg

Date: July 07, 2009 02:28PM

Oh Know Wrote:
> Party free with the Dems.....

10 years ago.

Oh, and what about Palin's oldest son being in the military as a plea deal to avoid assault charges in Michigan for cutting the brake lines on a bunch of school buses? Yeah. Let's dig there a little more.

Posted by: Rumors ()
Date: July 07, 2009 02:36PM

> Oh Know Wrote:
> -----
> > Party free with the Dems.....
>
>
> 10 years ago.
>
> Oh, and what about Palin's oldest son being in the
> military as a plea deal to avoid assault charges
> in Michigan for cutting the brake lines on a bunch
> of school buses? Yeah. Let's dig there a little
> more.

Psssttt....I have another secret if you promise not to spread it around. Do you know that Palin's son Trig is really her daughter's child? Yeah, really! Not many people know it but it's true.

Posted by: All American Girl ()
Date: July 07, 2009 02:40PM

Don't forget her hobby. Getting drunk at the beach and pulling out the assault rifles for a little target practice...
Attachments:
sarah_palin_gun_bikini.jpg

Posted by: notfunny ()
Date: July 07, 2009 02:41PM

fairfaxdude Wrote:
> TheMeeper Wrote:
> -----
> > Haha, funny quote from Palin yesterday:
> >
> > "I'm not a quitter. I am a fighter."
>
>
> Even funnier is when a member of the "mainstream
> media" points out the inherent fallacy of the
> statement, he/she will be discounted as a "attack
> dog from the left".
>
> Palin is good political comic theatre, though. I
> hope for all our sake that she runs for some
> national office. I'd love to see her and Michelle
> Bachman co-host a new FOX show: "Out Here in REAL
> America".

Hardy...har...har...not funny...douche!

Posted by: Vegan Lover ()
Date: July 07, 2009 02:51PM

Did you know that Palin is into killing poor innocent animals for fun and food?
Attachments:
41811393.jpg
sarah palin hunting.jpg

Date: July 07, 2009 02:52PM

Rumors Wrote:

>
> Psssttt....I have another secret if you promise
> not to spread it around. Do you know that Palin's
> son Trig is really her daughter's child? Yeah,
> really! Not many people know it but it's true.

Heh. Funny how the conspiracy theorists came up with that one...and it turned out that Bristol was secretly pregnant.

Yep. Palin's not a fucking liar, is she?

Date: July 07, 2009 02:53PM

Did you know that Palin is a fucking idiot and the fact that the Republicans would seriously consider her for POTUS makes them like a bunch of fucking idiots as well?

Posted by: Make Tracks ()
Date: July 07, 2009 02:53PM

Reports that Track Palin vandalized school buses aren't true, says pal

By NANCY DILLON
DAILY NEWS WEST COAST BUREAU CHIEF

Wednesday, September 10th 2008, 7:55 PM

Despite snowballing reports and rumors, Sarah Palin's eldest son, Track, was not part of the gang of four teenagers who criminally vandalized
44 Alaska school buses in 2005, a key culprit told The News.

"Track wasn't with me. Track had nothing to do with it," participant Deryck Harris, 20, said Wednesday in an exclusive interview.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2008/09/10/2008-09-10_reports_that_track_palin_vandalized_scho.html#ixzz0KbKySnFi&D

Date: July 08, 2009 03:25PM

Make Tracks Wrote:
> Reports that Track Palin vandalized school buses
> aren't true, says pal
>
> By NANCY DILLON
> DAILY NEWS WEST COAST BUREAU CHIEF
>
> Wednesday, September 10th 2008, 7:55 PM
>
> Despite snowballing reports and rumors, Sarah
> Palin's eldest son, Track, was not part of the
> gang of four teenagers who criminally vandalized
> 44 Alaska school buses in 2005, a key culprit told
> The News.
>
> "Track wasn't with me. Track had nothing to do
> with it," participant Deryck Harris, 20, said
> Wednesday in an exclusive interview.
>
> http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2008/09/1
> 0/2008-09-10_reports_that_track_palin_vandalized_s
> cho.html#ixzz0KbKySnFi&D

The guy who did it was obviously buddies with Track and spent time with him. I bet if the news media called this guy today, the story would be different.

Posted by: In Aweo ()
Date: July 08, 2009 07:30PM

> Make Tracks Wrote:
> -----
> > Reports that Track Palin vandalized school
> buses
> > aren't true, says pal
> >
> > By NANCY DILLON
> > DAILY NEWS WEST COAST BUREAU CHIEF
> >
> > Wednesday, September 10th 2008, 7:55 PM
> >
> > Despite snowballing reports and rumors, Sarah
> > Palin's eldest son, Track, was not part of the
> > gang of four teenagers who criminally
> vandalized
> > 44 Alaska school buses in 2005, a key culprit
> told
> > The News.
> >
> > "Track wasn't with me. Track had nothing to do
> > with it," participant Deryck Harris, 20, said
> > Wednesday in an exclusive interview.
> >
> >
> http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2008/09/1
>
> >
> 0/2008-09-10_reports_that_track_palin_vandalized_s
>
> > cho.html#ixzz0KbKySnFi&D
>
>
> The guy who did it was obviously buddies with
> Track and spent time with him. I bet if the news
> media called this guy today, the story would be
> different.

Damn, ToneLoco, You are one amazing guy. Not only are you able to post to this forum day in and day out but you are also a crack investigative reporter. How do you do it? How are you able to hold your job, post on this form and also go out to interview a friend of Palin's son? It's friggin amazing how you can do it. You are ON TOP of everything.

You are FRIGGIN AMAZING! Absolutely AMAZING!

Date: July 08, 2009 07:36PM

In Aweo Wrote:

>
> Damn, ToneLoco, You are one amazing guy. Not only
> are you able to post to this forum day in and day
> out but you are also a crack investigative
> reporter. How do you do it? How are you able to
> hold your job, post on this form and also go out
> to interview a friend of Palin's son? It's friggin
> amazing how you can do it. You are ON TOP of
> everything.
>
> You are FRIGGIN AMAZING! Absolutely AMAZING!

Thank you.

Posted by: Alias ()
Date: July 09, 2009 06:30AM

\

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2012 02:54PM by Alias.

Date: July 09, 2009 06:37AM

Alias Wrote:
> Washington, are you serious with this stupid
> thread?
>
> You sound like a lonely old woman, living in some
> godforsaken town, watching soap operas and heating
> up 'hot pockets' in a broken toaster oven. Go
> outside and take a walk.
>
> I'm serious. You sound freakin gay.

Do you follow the news? This has been one of the top stories since the idiot announced she is resigning. Pick up a friggin' newspaper and educate yourself for a change.

Date: July 09, 2009 08:57AM

Yes - the liberal media somehow equates Sarah Palin with an implosion of the GOP.

With the way the Congress is going, no one will even care that she left the governorship in Alaska. We'll be lucky to not be in total default as a nation - by then most people will want a dumbass as President - The Messiah hasn't shown that his great intellectual powers are solving anything.

I actually watched Comedy Central last night and caught this:

"That's Great, Now Fix the Economy"
http://dailybail.com/home/the-daily-show-thats-great-now-fix-the-economy-clip.html

Date: July 09, 2009 09:22AM

Registered Voter Wrote:
> Yes - the liberal media somehow equates Sarah
> Palin with an implosion of the GOP.

Umm, check me on this, cause i could be all wet, but...hasn't the GOP themselves been full of hand-wringing and gnashing of teeth for the last 6 months about THEIR OWN implosion? With or without any action on Palin's part? So saying the media "equates" her to the implosion is kind of a wordsmithy way of saying "we suck, but at least we can blame it on Palin". Like what all the righty pundits (Rove, Buchanan,et al) have been insinuating for months now. Ad nauseum.

Palin was, by all accounts, a representation of the implosion of serious presidential politics by the GOP, a jaundiced and arrogant way to tell the GOP base...just STFU and come to the rallies, ogle her ass, and clap like mad at her pithy, albeit stupid and devisive, sound bites.

When you (GOP/GOP supporters) run a veneer-thin idiot like Palin out on stage, what thinking person would NOT use the word "implosion" at some point?

Date: July 09, 2009 09:50AM

For those bashing Obama over the economy, you must not have been around in 82 and 83, because the economy was still worse under Reagan and Reagan's approval numbers were much lower than Obama's.

The stimulus package has been in place for five months. Give it time. Unemployment is a lagging indicator. Though we are at 9.5% unemployment, the rate of job loss has slowed significantly. I would venture to guess that by this time next year unemployment will be 7% or lower and the Dems will be on their way to at least holding much of their majority in Congress in 2010.

Date: July 09, 2009 11:47AM

fairfaxdude Wrote:
> Registered Voter Wrote:
> -----
> > Yes - the liberal media somehow equates Sarah
> > Palin with an implosion of the GOP.
>
>
> Umm, check me on this, cause i could be all wet,
> but...hasn't the GOP themselves been full of
> hand-wringing and gnashing of teeth for the last 6
> months about THEIR OWN implosion? With or without
> any action on Palin's part? So saying the media
> "equates" her to the implosion is kind of a
> wordsmithy way of saying "we suck, but at least we
> can blame it on Palin". Like what all the righty
> pundits (Rove, Buchanan,et al) have been
> insinuating for months now. Ad nauseum.
>
> Palin was, by all accounts, a representation of
> the implosion of serious presidential politics by
> the GOP, a jaundiced and arrogant way to tell the
> GOP base...just STFU and come to the rallies, ogle
> her ass, and clap like mad at her pithy, albeit
> stupid and devisive, sound bites.
>
> When you (GOP/GOP supporters) run a veneer-thin
> idiot like Palin out on stage, what thinking
> person would NOT use the word "implosion" at some
> point?

You did notice in the other thread I noted I would never vote for her?

The only reason there was an "implosion" of sorts with the Republicans was due to one main issue - spending. I didn't elect Bush to spend money like a drunken sailor, but he and the Congress DID. Now folks thought they were going to get some form of reality check by voting in the Democrats, and what has happened is exactly what I knew would happen - Pelosi and Reid. Between the two of them, they have managed to pass the largest, most fucked up Federal spending program ever known, and Obama signed off on it since he had no choice but to go along with them. For Obama, he gets a small cover due to the fact that he can say his budget didn't include all of those things, and that Congress is the one that passed the Bills he signed. No matter what happens with unemployment in the next few months, or years - right now there is no way that even with 5% unemployment these new spending programs could be balanced. Even taking out the war funding (which isn't going away soon enough) it would be very hard to balance the budget. Add in the expectation of rising interest rates - well how big exactly do you think those interest payments are going to start getting when they can no longer borrow money at 3%?

I am old enough to know that when Reagan got "part" of his agenda passed (the original tax cuts and the military spending) eventually the system turned around. Then of course there was the S&L crisis in the middle of it when the Democrats in Congress decided to close tax shelter loopholes and almost crashed the economy then by devaluing the commercial real estate market - but at least when that happened we were in the middle of a recovery and were able to absorb the losses. Now we are in a still deteriorating housing market where the bottom has yet to be reached, and they are trying to spend out of what is arguably a sand pit. It would almost be funny to watch if it weren't so sad what is going to happen if they don't get their heads out of their asses soon.

The Democrats thought they were going to get way ahead after this election - what they have done instead is to prove to most of the moderates out there that they can tax and spend better than any Republican could. Sure, the rich will take a hit from all of this - but so will a lot of other folks who shouldn't. And if this cap and trade crap makes it through Congress and energy prices go through the roof, the Democrats will have effectively re-imploded themselves due to following the far left.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2009 11:49AM by Registered Voter.

Date: July 10, 2009 07:12AM

too long; didnt read.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.