HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Why would anyone want to go to a movie theater?
Posted by: Roger Siskel ()
Date: July 24, 2015 04:43PM

Going to see a movie in a theater has to be the biggest waste of money and dumbest idea a person could have.

NEGATIVES:

First of all the movies are way overpriced these days. $12-$15 for a movie is ridiculous and then throw in $8-$10 for popcorn, $6 for a drink and sometimes as much as $5 for a fucking bottle of water?

You're sitting right next to a bunch of strangers and creeps that could be carrying who knows what diseases on them and most are usually rude and obnoxious and they can stink too.

No matter how many signs say it and how many times the staff reminds people they are forbidden, there's always a jackass or three with a phone on in there.

Finally, almost every movie in the last decade has been shit. Shitty remakes or sequels of shitty originals. Nothing but shit!

Almost forgot, you can get blasted by a crazy person with a gun and the theaters have admitted there is NOTHING they can do to prevent that from happening.

POSITIVES:

?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why would anyone want to go to a movie theater?
Posted by: Mike O'Meara Show Fan ()
Date: July 24, 2015 05:06PM

You forgot niggers.

Posted by: W ()
Date: July 24, 2015 05:13PM

Ooooohh....Bite your tongue. The assholes in Hollywood might loose ticket sales....LMAO

Date: July 24, 2015 06:20PM

W Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ooooohh....Bite your tongue. The assholes in
> Hollywood might loose ticket sales....LMAO

*lose*

Posted by: Johnny p ()
Date: July 24, 2015 07:22PM

The absolute worst thing about attending a movie is sitting next to someone with a large Buttered Popcorn. I move if one is within 10 feet of me.
Sickening crap.

Date: July 24, 2015 07:34PM

Johnny p Wrote:
> The absolute worst thing about attending a movie
> is sitting next to someone with a large Buttered
> Popcorn. I move if one is within 10 feet of me.
> Sickening crap.

You mean the noise is distracting or you're so much into someone's business you can't concentrate on why you left your house?

Date: July 24, 2015 08:02PM

>Finally, almost every movie in the last decade has been shit

Nothing but subliminal messages to shill for Democrats gun control, illegal immigration is wonderful on and on liberal bullshit.

And with all the crap Obama is giving Israel I cant believe the Jews in control are supporting Democrats.

No one but brain dead drones watch some of that shit and that's why their brain dead. Now and then a good movie comes round.

TV is the same with all the "SHITuation Comedy's" With assholes trying to get into one and the others pants. Same old shit over and over.

Diners and Dives Food network and Fox and Commie News Network is about all I watch from the bunker when I'm not on the right wing short wave catching Russ and Mark and The Drudge Report. LOL

The 60s had good TV and movies too, real American stuff.

No wonder youth stand around all day looking at some stupid rectangle box. And don't want a job getting dirty.

Its about time Dems expand the "Gun Safety Zones" AKA "No Self Defense Zones" and include theaters.

"That would stop it, that would stop it" "It would be against the law " Glassy Eyed Brain Dead" Democrat "drones" would babble, slobbering in favor.

Posted by: Huey ()
Date: July 24, 2015 08:04PM

Time for metal detectors at the movie theaters. Of course, that will also raise ticket prices.

Date: July 24, 2015 08:47PM

Man! But Those Plastic Guns Man! God they Cant Be Detected By Metal detectors! said the Democrats blabbering and slobbering years back when the Glocks came out.

It was kind of like "Concealed handgun Permits shall issue" My God There will be Wild West Gun Fights In Fairfax. the whole county will be like the OK Corral. They slobbered waiting for the sky to fall.

Yes metal detectors and off duty police and sheriffs moonlighting in uniform like they do in parking lots and for car dealers and churches directing traffic or .. My God Even On Duty! I mean that's what there for, Public Safety!

Yes that would be a big deterrent . In many Va counties they have real Deputies that are part time and UNPAID volunteers with the state required training and they have real badges real guns and can arrest people too. Not in Fairfax , there the rubber gun squad here. They could be used and many are real retired military ect. But there's way too many more places then Movie Theaters. I think the James Holmes trial got into the fiends head.

It will be Ok People. Don't fret the subliminal messages at the movies are your worst enemy. Your brain could turn into mush and you might vote for a COW.

Now its time for me to STFU. Enough said.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2015 08:47PM by Double Action Jackson.

Posted by: Matinee ()
Date: July 24, 2015 08:54PM

Mike O'Meara Show Fan Wrote:
> You forgot niggers.

For someone who fought with the Rhodesian Army, why are you obsessed with typing "nigger" in every post? They were your brothers in arms once. A true war vet never forgets this. But you're probably some kid who things it's cool to type certain words. Hopefully you'll grow up someday.

Posted by: Boovies ()
Date: July 24, 2015 09:00PM

Roger Siskel Wrote:

> No matter how many signs say it and how many times
> the staff reminds people they are forbidden,
> there's always a jackass or three with a phone on
> in there.
>

SO TRUE. Why doesn't a crazed gunman ever kill THEM? The bear eating the cell phone dog psa kinda insinuates that. Half the time the assholes are just on Facebook, which can be seen several rows up. Even if an ad said turn off your phone because someone may kill you they wouldn't stop I bet.

On the other points:
Going to the movies with two people shouldn't cost $40, $60 if you need to eat. Worse when considering all movies are shit because of the Jews, and dumb people, and geeks (muh comics!!!)

You left off the wonders of reserved seating, where people reserve days in advance so you can never pop in to a theater even when you arrive *two hours* in advance (hi Regal Cinema fags) and are forced to sit by strangers (always fun as a woman when alone). This may be a uniquely NoVa thing though with all the people living by insane scheduling.

Red Letter Media on youtube has some good videos making fun of the horrible movies trend that makes you feel less alone in frustration.

Posted by: Highway Man ()
Date: July 24, 2015 09:54PM

I guess kids still like "going to the movies" but I haven't been in a theater in 20 years. I'm 45.

It does seem like a waste of money when this day and age if you wait a few weeks you can rent the movie or see it on Sat TV.

$15 to sit in a theater full of juvenile deliquints and negroes? NO THANKS

Posted by: ELdkx ()
Date: July 24, 2015 09:59PM

My wife and I haven't been to a theater in years. We subscribe to a few
premiums channels on cable and save the bucks. I can drink my beer and
pop all the popcorn I want right here at home. Take a whiz when I want
and not deal with assholes. We don't have to see anything when it's first
released and sometimes the reviewers are stupid. If we don't like it, the
remote takes care of it.

Posted by: MIke O'Meara Show Fan ()
Date: July 24, 2015 10:44PM

Matinee Wrote:
> Mike O'Meara Show Fan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > You forgot niggers.
>
> For someone who fought with the Rhodesian Army,
> why are you obsessed with typing "nigger" in every
> post? They were your brothers in arms once. A true
> war vet never forgets this. But you're probably
> some kid who things it's cool to type certain
> words. Hopefully you'll grow up someday.

NIGGER.

Wow, that was fun. Should I be worried about your obsession with me?

Posted by: Ant boy ()
Date: July 24, 2015 11:05PM

You mean you don't want to spend $40 to see quality movies like Ant-man, all the while being surrounded by noisy niggers?

Posted by: Johnny p ()
Date: July 25, 2015 12:06AM

Magnus.....get a life! Choke on your Milk Duds while you're at it. lol

Posted by: Saps, that's who ()
Date: July 25, 2015 09:04AM

Who still goes to movies? Saps.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.