HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Fox 'n Friends' Genius-in-Residence Brian Kilmeade Wonders Why We're Not 'Clearing The Water' Of Sharks
Posted by: Lt Col Obvious ()
Date: July 21, 2015 07:25AM

"Many watched in amazement over the weekend as pro surfer Mick Fanning successfully fought off a shark during a competition in South Africa and emerged unscathed. But "Fox & Friends" cohost Brian Kilmeade seemed amazed by the fact that the shark was there at all.

On Monday's broadcast, Kilmeade first implied that sharks might be more intimidated by surfers and cameras than mere swimmers:

“I think that the most shocking thing is, after you hear about the six attacks in North Carolina, OK, these are just swimmers. But then when you see a champion surfer and you have a three-camera shoot and an overhead shot, say, ‘Oh my goodness, it could happen anywhere.’”

Kilmeade then said he thought that sporting events such as this should have a shark removal team of some kind.

“You would think that they'd have a way of clearing the waters for a competition of this level,” Kilmeade said. “But I guess they don’t."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"As an atheist, I pray to sense and reason."
~ Anonymous

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fox 'n Friends' Genius-in-Residence Brian Kilmeade Wonders Why We're Not 'Clearing The Water' Of Sharks
Posted by: dumbass libturdz. ()
Date: July 21, 2015 07:51AM

I guess she saw this on CNN https://www.sharkshield.com

Shark repellers are mandated in many oceanic industries to clear the waters of sharks you stupid fucking libturd.

Re: Fox 'n Friends' Genius-in-Residence Brian Kilmeade Wonders Why We're Not 'Clearing The Water' Of Sharks
Posted by: Fascinating. ()
Date: July 21, 2015 07:57AM

dumbass libturdz. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I guess she saw this on CNN
> https://www.sharkshield.com

So Brian is a 'she' now?

Attachments:
fascinating.jpg

Posted by: hdfhbhd ()
Date: July 21, 2015 08:05AM

Fascinating. Wrote:
> dumbass libturdz. Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I guess she saw this on CNN
> > https://www.sharkshield.com
>
> So Brian is a 'she' now?
>

In the libtard world there is no gender. So, he is a she and she is a he.

What difference does it make?
Celebrate the diversity!

Date: July 21, 2015 08:23AM

dumbass libturdz. Wrote:
> Shark repellers are mandated in many oceanic
> industries to clear the waters of sharks

lol. Read this:

"The maker’s of Shark Shield point to multiple research studies and testimonials that back the science behind their product. However, some shark experts remain unconvinced that the devices comprehensively deter shark attacks. Dr. Carl Meyer, of the University of Hawaii’s Shark Research Center, is one of them.

“There are a variety of anti-shark products out there. Some have a theoretical base and some are just nonsense. The devices based on electromagnetism [like the Shark Shield] have some potential. But I’m hesitant to say that they’re completely effective. I still believe that there needs to be more exhaustive, independent research done before we can come to any concrete conclusion.”

In a 2012 study conducted by Flanders University and the South Australian Research and Development Institute (SARDI), researchers tested Shark Shield’s Freedom 7 device, which is typically wrapped around the ankle of the user and trails an antenna that distributes an electronic pulse. The study found mixed results that leaned on the positive side, with researchers concluding that the shark shield did indeed have an effect on shark behavior (it took the sharks longer to take the bait and deterred many of sharks from taking the bait at all) but “it did not deter or repel them in all situations nor did it repel all individual sharks.”

When questioned by the Cape Argus, a South African news site, Dr. Alison Kock, who was involved with the study, said that “The combined results of the study indicate that while the risk of an attack may be reduced wearing a shark shield, the shields failed to repel great whites in all cases.”

Read more at http://www.surfermag.com/features/anti-shark-devices/#jIIlTusLzxKesTfg.99

~ Anonymous

Posted by: kPWtE ()
Date: July 21, 2015 12:36PM

shouldn't we clear volcanos from populated areas first ?

Date: July 21, 2015 01:01PM

kPWtE Wrote:
> shouldn't we clear volcanos from populated areas
> first ?

+1

And right after that we'll figure out how to eradicate tornados...

~ Anonymous

Posted by: OP is a pajama boy ()
Date: July 21, 2015 01:22PM

Boring post by a libtard bitch.

Try something interesting.

Posted by: cmtwy ()
Date: July 21, 2015 02:31PM

How about a wall? A really big wall!

Posted by: Y U Mad? ()
Date: July 21, 2015 02:34PM

OP is a pajama boy Wrote:
> Boring post by a libtard bitch.
>
> Try something interesting.

Attachments:
U Mad.gif

Posted by: Mike O'Meara Show Fan ()
Date: July 21, 2015 10:42PM

Nets to keep sharks out are actually a thing, and have been for decades, so fuck you in the ass, you IGNORANT CUM GUZZLING COCKSUCKER FAGGOT OP.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shark_net

Posted by: Yucky24. ()
Date: July 21, 2015 10:55PM

You're trying to make him sound like a retard but it's just backfiring in your face. Yeah, we know - you've been brainwashed by pro-shark propaganda from the environmental movement. You think that man-eating sharks are majestic creatures that are absolutely vital to maintaining a healthy ecosystem.

But those of that aren't weak-minded idiots and are actually capable of independent thought know that we could eradicate the most dangerous species of sharks from our oceans if we wanted to. And we also know that the ecosystem would function just fine without them.

You shark lovers are just like pitbull and nigger lovers. You're dangerously delusional.

And don't bother regurgitating talking points at me like "You're more likely to get crushed to death by a vending machine than to be killed by a shark." I've heard all of that retarded bullshit a million times already.

It never ceases to blow mind over how fucking stupid the majority of people on this planet are. They eat up propaganda from the Left like mindless sheep.

It's fucking unbelievable that we're allowing great white sharks to roam around our shores. Fuck the environmentalists that have brainwashed people into thinking that this situation is acceptable.

Date: July 22, 2015 08:05AM

Yucky24. Wrote:
> You're trying to make [Kilmeade] sound like a retard

'Ol Brian doesn't need any help in that area.

> Yeah, we know - you've been brainwashed by
> pro-shark propaganda from the environmental
> movement.

"Pro-shark propaganda" is a thing? Who knew?

> You think that man-eating sharks are majestic
> creatures that are absolutely vital to maintaining
> a healthy ecosystem.

Well, let's see... Sharks are naturally part of the ecosystems in which they live, so yes: The presence of sharks is absolutely vital to maintaining healthy ecosystems in which sharks live.

> But those of that aren't weak-minded idiots and

Whoa! Slow down there, Buddy.

> [Those] actually capable of independent thought know
> that we could eradicate the most dangerous species
> of sharks from our oceans if we wanted to.

Well of course we 'could', as in 'are capable of', but then we upset nature's balance. Ever heard of the Law of Unintended Consequences? Google it.

> And don't bother regurgitating talking points at
> me like "You're more likely to get crushed to
> death by a vending machine than to be killed by a
> shark."

That's not a talking point: Statistically, it is likely true that you are more likely to be crushed to death by a fallen vending machine than to be killed by a shark.

> It's fucking unbelievable that we're allowing
> great white sharks to roam around our shores.

Really, the 'shores' belong to the sharks (and all other sea creatures). Man's domain on dry land.

> The environmentalists that have brainwashed people
> into thinking that this situation is acceptable.

Yep. Nature as it exists unfettered by Man is acceptable to me.

~ Anonymous
Attachments:
diver-shark.jpg

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.