HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
have you ever noticed that the comedian Steve Martin is not funny and has never been funny?
Posted by: MTJN9 ()
Date: July 04, 2015 06:24PM

Just not funny. At all.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: have you ever noticed that the comedian Steve Martin is not funny and has never been funny?
Posted by: Huy ()
Date: July 04, 2015 06:27PM

The new phonebook is here! Millions of people read this book everyday! I'm somebody!

Re: have you ever noticed that the comedian Steve Martin is not funny and has never been funny?
Posted by: NippleChuck ()
Date: July 04, 2015 06:35PM

Yes I've known this for years.

Nip

Posted by: i have a special purpose! ()
Date: July 04, 2015 06:45PM

I found him funny as a kid. As an adult I see some humor in some of his stuff. But not enough to make me laugh

Posted by: ggggg ()
Date: July 04, 2015 06:51PM

I remember reading a story a couple years ago about a Steve Martin stage show where he spent the whole time playing banjo instead of telling jokes. Everyone was so pissed off that they were booing him.

Posted by: True dat ()
Date: July 04, 2015 07:14PM

Yeah, he sucks. Nothing he has ever done is good.

Date: July 04, 2015 07:36PM

It's hard to be funny when Godzilla attacks.
Attachments:
GOdzilla.jpg

Posted by: Mike O'Meara Show Fan ()
Date: July 04, 2015 07:57PM

Good banjo player, good actor, sort of, not a funny comedian.

Posted by: Ying Ko ()
Date: July 04, 2015 08:48PM

Obviously, you guy have forgotten "King Tut".

https://screen.yahoo.com/king-tut-000000724.html

Date: July 05, 2015 12:36AM

Ying Ko Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Obviously, you guy have forgotten "King Tut".
>
>
> https://screen.yahoo.com/king-tut-000000724.html

No, I'm just not a cum-guzzling fag with a non-functional sense of humor. What the fuck do you think people remember him FOR? It WASN'T funny, and it ISN'T funny.

And it wasn't ground-breaking, there was so much much better stuff available at the time. On mainstream TV.

Posted by: Phh6k ()
Date: July 05, 2015 07:51AM

Ying Ko Wrote:
> Obviously, you guy have forgotten "King Tut".
>
>

I watched the link. Not funny at all.

Posted by: Ned Nederlander ()
Date: July 05, 2015 08:30AM

True dat Wrote:
> Yeah, he sucks. Nothing he has ever done is good.

His standup was absurd and unfunny, but he's always been a good comedy actor.

Posted by: neHEH ()
Date: July 05, 2015 09:22AM

Ned Nederlander Wrote:
> True dat Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Yeah, he sucks. Nothing he has ever done is
> good.
>
>
> His standup was absurd and unfunny, but he's
> always been a good comedy actor.

I did like him in that Three Amigos movie.

Date: July 05, 2015 12:42PM

Mike O'Meara Show Fan Wrote:
> Ying Ko Wrote:
> -----
> > Obviously, you guy have forgotten "King Tut".
> >
> >
> >
>
> No, I'm just not a cum-guzzling fag with a
> non-functional sense of humor. What the fuck do
> you think people remember him FOR? It WASN'T
> funny, and it ISN'T funny.
>
> And it wasn't ground-breaking, there was so much
> much better stuff available at the time. On
> mainstream TV.

Ah, to be young and stupid. You should write, "in my opinion..." and give a few examples of something funny so you can be judged on your taste or lack thereof. It would help people take you seriously or you can be thought of as a foaming at the mouth retard.

Posted by: Yes ()
Date: July 05, 2015 02:11PM

Just silly. "WELL EXCUSE ME!!!!!!!" Old Timers still ROFL when they hear this cornball phrase. He made a record "King Tut" which went over big with the Geritol Generation.

Posted by: deluded and smelly ()
Date: July 05, 2015 02:13PM

never found him funny.

Posted by: NippleChuck ()
Date: July 05, 2015 02:17PM

He started as a writer on the Glen Campbell show when he was young. While his "humor" may not be appreciated he is one hell of a banjo picker for real and could keep up with the extremely talented cast of musicians on that show. He got hooked up with the SNL crew in the eighties and their co win induced wackyness and started to fall then. Like his sense of humor or not he does have talent.

Nip

Posted by: Qpmz ()
Date: July 05, 2015 02:22PM

He's funny. Excellent delivery. And from a time where one didn't have to be over the top vulgar. Probably not edgy enough for today's younger consumer of comedy.

Date: July 05, 2015 02:30PM

Ying Ko Wrote:
> Mike O'Meara Show Fan Wrote:
> -----
> > Ying Ko Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Obviously, you guy have forgotten "King Tut".
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
> > No, I'm just not a cum-guzzling fag with a
> > non-functional sense of humor. What the fuck
> do
> > you think people remember him FOR? It WASN'T
> > funny, and it ISN'T funny.
> >
> > And it wasn't ground-breaking, there was so
> much
> > much better stuff available at the time. On
> > mainstream TV.
>
>
> Ah, to be young and stupid. You should write, "in
> my opinion..." and give a few examples of
> something funny so you can be judged on your taste
> or lack thereof. It would help people take you
> seriously or you can be thought of as a foaming at
> the mouth retard.

Says the cum-guzzling fag who thought ''King Tut'' was funny. I'm over 60, son.

Example: AT THE TIME Saturday Night Live was funny. AT THE TIME, Steve Martin was not. The sound you hear is me not giving a flying fuck if you or your imaginary
''people'' take me seriously.

Date: July 05, 2015 03:47PM

I'm over 60 also,'tard. The only time Saturday night was funny was when he hosted. Fly away, little "man".

Posted by: Cat Toys ()
Date: July 05, 2015 04:15PM

He was funny with Akroyd on the "Wild and Crazy Guy" bit. He is like that great comedian "Gallagher" in many ways. Prop comic. He was funny in "Three Amigos"

Posted by: The Man with Two Brains ()
Date: July 05, 2015 04:33PM

He managed to get rich being unfunny

Posted by: No Fuckin Way ()
Date: July 05, 2015 04:54PM

Pink Panther...NO FUCKING WAY DOES HE COMPARE WITH SELLARS. Not fit to sniff Sellar's Jock Strap.

Posted by: overrated ()
Date: July 05, 2015 05:13PM

Old enough to remember him on SNL and I didn't get it. The audience laughed but that "Wild and Crazy guy" and "King Tut" shit was stupid and not funny at all. He worked for Glen Campbell. Now, there's a legitimate talent!

Date: July 05, 2015 06:00PM

Ying Ko Wrote:
> I'm over 60 also,'tard. The only time Saturday
> night was funny was when he hosted. Fly away,
> little "man".

Jesus Christ, you really ARE a cum-guzzling fag. Why don't you go wait in a parking lot to fight Peekza? Newsflash: I DON'T WORK FOR YOU. In other news, I LIED. Still on the right side of 60, old ''man''.

Posted by: TM'OMF of the big one ()
Date: July 05, 2015 06:08PM

> Ying Ko Wrote:
> -----
> > I'm over 60 also,'tard. The only time Saturday
> > night was funny was when he hosted. Fly away,
> > little "man".
>
> Jesus Christ, you really ARE a cum-guzzling fag.
> Why don't you go wait in a parking lot to fight
> Peekza? Newsflash: I DON'T WORK FOR YOU. In
> other news, I LIED. Still on the right side of
> 60, old ''man''.

The other day you were professing you love of the black schlongs, Mike O'Meara Fan. A BIG fan,eh?

Date: July 05, 2015 06:12PM

> Ying Ko Wrote:
> -----
> > I'm over 60 also,'tard. The only time Saturday
> > night was funny was when he hosted. Fly away,
> > little "man".
>
> Jesus Christ, you really ARE a cum-guzzling fag.
> Why don't you go wait in a parking lot to fight
> Peekza? Newsflash: I DON'T WORK FOR YOU. In
> other news, I LIED. Still on the right side of
> 60, old ''man''.
6 or 60, you still await the return of Urkel. I think you want a taste of my dusty, old cum yerself, tiger. i figured you lied, you wouldn't live to be my as age as idiotic as you seem to be. Have fun tomorrow and don't eat the crayons.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2015 06:15PM by Ying Ko.

Posted by: Did something right. ()
Date: July 05, 2015 06:13PM

He was guest host multiple times on SNL. He was good in the "Lonely Guy". I think his brand of "arrow in the head" prop comedy was juvenile. As an actor, in movies, he was OK, much better then that little faggot, Pauley Shore. What is the story with that dick weed, where did he come from, or Dweezil Zappa.

Posted by: iLester ()
Date: July 05, 2015 10:10PM

He, Andy Kaufman, Laugh In, and others were part of a reaction to the cereberal political humor that was big in the late 60's. George Carlin would be the prime example of a political comic that was hot for a while. Sitcoms based on politics were big as well.

Posted by: Ying Ko Is A Cum Guzzling Fag ()
Date: July 05, 2015 10:37PM

Did something right. Wrote:
> He was guest host multiple times on SNL. He was
> good in the "Lonely Guy". I think his brand of
> "arrow in the head" prop comedy was juvenile. As
> an actor, in movies, he was OK, much better then
> that little faggot, Pauley Shore. What is the
> story with that dick weed, where did he come from,
> or Dweezil Zappa.

Martin sucks ass as a comic. He is an excellent, to the point of casualness, banjo player, and a good actor, but acting is not rocket science, and in this correspondent's experience, easier than comedy. But as a comic he sucks ass. If you have no point of reference, ask Ying Ko, as he as a lot of experience with ass sucking and apparently fantasizes about sex with Urkel. Not too creepy. P.S. I lied, I'm almost 70, so suck my ass, Ying Ko.

Pauly Shore is the child that Mitzy/i Shore, owner of The Comedy Store in L.A. should have aborted instead of all the other ones.

Dweezil came out of his mother Gail's vagina. He was a decent actor in his guest spot on Roseanne.

Posted by: jfjfgy ()
Date: July 05, 2015 10:43PM

Posted by: jhey ()
Date: July 05, 2015 11:17PM

If you don't like The Jerk, then we can't be friends

Posted by: Shithead ()
Date: July 05, 2015 11:23PM

jhey Wrote:
> If you don't like The Jerk, then we can't be
> friends

that's a classic. he was also good in Roxanne. I'm not a fan of "romantic comedies" but it's seriously a funny movie.

Posted by: Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr ()
Date: July 06, 2015 11:28AM

That name has always made me laugh.

Posted by: Jang ()
Date: June 09, 2022 06:42PM

This is something I’m currently talking about with my friends. I take great comfort knowing there are others like me. He’s not funny. Never was.

I was only reminded of this the other day when I saw an interview clip where he talks about wanting to get into comedy to try and ‘make people laugh in a way that other comedians can’t because they have a punchline’ or something terrible like that- he was talking about taking a ‘philosophical approach to comedy’ … first of all if that’s something you are quoted to be saying and it isn’t a joke it’s pretty obvious you are not funny.

I always figured he was just more of an actor I can’t believe he taught a masters class on comedy.

I think he is the kind of actor that is surrounded by other funny people and some how seemed funny by default even though he isn’t. Funny because we think he’s supposed to be. I think he knows this himself.

Anyway

Posted by: Pc retardzz. ()
Date: June 09, 2022 07:20PM

The Jerk was funny.

Posted by: he's silly ()
Date: June 09, 2022 07:26PM

MTJN9 Wrote:
> Just not funny. At all.

He was pretty good in "the Lonely Guy", "Three Amigos", "the Jerk" and as a wild and crazy guy on Saturday Night Life. that's it. King Tut song was dumb. The "Exxxxxxuccce Me" schtick was funny for about 5 minutes. Arrow through the head? what was that all about? Give credit where due though, he was a hell of a lot funnier than Galligher.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.